Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• You didn't disable shadows on the goblin or in the renderer by accident? Didn't accidentally disable the receive shadow option on you shadow catcher object?
  • You didn't disable shadows on the goblin or in the renderer by accident? Didn't accidentally disable the receive shadow option on you shadow catcher object?

I don't think I did - pretty sure I checked all that, but it's worth double-checking.

• Sometimes it is the obvious, sometimes it is not. One last question, did you try quitting Carrara and restarting your computer?
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276

Not sure, but I think someone said that we shouldn't use shadow catcher on "Infinite" plane... is yours infinite?

Just drop in a nice castle tower top for him to stand on! ;)

• Not sure, but I think someone said that we shouldn't use shadow catcher on "Infinite" plane... is yours infinite?

I use shadowcatch on infinite planes all the time.

Not sure, but I think someone said that we shouldn't use shadow catcher on "Infinite" plane... is yours infinite?

I've had success with it too. Someone said not to though. LOL

I've still come to where I'd rather not use one unless I', needing to composite onto something important. It works well... I just prefer geometry if I can use it - again... that's just me.

I like using firey particles. I think I won some stuff with this one (?)

The fire on the ground is also Carrara's Fire primitive, which I also really like ;)

• Not sure, but I think someone said that we shouldn't use shadow catcher on "Infinite" plane... is yours infinite?

I've had success with it too. Someone said not to though. LOL

I've still come to where I'd rather not use one unless I', needing to composite onto something important. It works well... I just prefer geometry if I can use it - again... that's just me.

A shadow catcher is a lighting model in the Texture Room. Like any shader, you can apply it to anything. So any geometry. I've applied it to animated figures before, because it not only catches shadows, but also acts as a mask for anything that passes behind it, rendering that part of the hidden object invisible to the camera.

• In this case it is actually just a regular plane, not an infinite one.  I had one I had used before with a shadowcatcher material already applied to it saved in my object browser so I could just drop it into a scene and go, but it is just suddenly not working.  I've been having a lot of weird issues with Carrara lately that I have never seen before.  Usually turning off my computer and restarting fixes it, but in this case I've had a long render running in Blender most of the afternoon so I can't shut down right now.  I'll check again tomorrow after work and see if it miraculously fixes itself.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited November 2016

This is a render of MMoir's BMF Landscape pack . . .

landscape2.jpg
    1800 x 1440 - 612K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Always blown away by all the kewl renders and advice here.

Excellent work folks!

• My latest scene. I like to call what I do, "Stylized Reality." Photo-real or hyper realism can be a good exercise, but those types of renders tend to bore me.
    Table Rock04 copy.jpg
    2000 x 1333 - 2M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Lovely image!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2016

Thanks Phil!

It is based on a place I haven't seen in 36 or 37 years.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Great image EP... would make an excellent print yes smiley

• Stezza said:

Great image EP... would make an excellent print yes smiley

Thanks Stezza!

Yeah, I don't think very many of my other FB friends would know to look here. The exception being Wendy-3Dtwinkle-toes. ;-p

Currently working on a SnowMan... still needs a couple arms, carrot nose and morph for hat. Thought I'd put it in Howies Snow scene to test out... the Snow Man I'm modeling is for a different scene.

HowiesSnowSceneWSnowman.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

w.i.p. a relaxing walk at Howie's forest, normalized in pp

welcome back Evilproducer smiley

125a.jpg
    3000 x 1301 - 1M
    125 c.jpg
    3000 x 1300 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

well done guys - nice renders

• I finally got TA's orchard for my Carrara Hottie who loves his apples

introducing Corey Applegate, Tom R. Toe's nephew and neighbouring farmer 

this just a render test without and with a backdrop

click to play video

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 2016

The entry thread for the challenge is open.  WIPs and entries will be accepted through December 10th at midnight DAZ Utah time.

Here is a Coed Dinorider of Yellowstone, for no apparent reason - and with no DOF, and with no motion blur - because that is how coed dinoriders roll.

ss01 coed dinoriders of yellowstone.jpg
    1640 x 1230 - 337K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • An updated version of my Table Rock scene. Added some more plants (flowers) and some birds. They aren't angry birds, because they love the morning! wink

Table Rock with birds-flowers noise.jpg
    3240 x 2160 - 4M
    edited December 2016

This is really cool, wgdjohn! 

Wow. Howie's scenes never disappoint, do they? Very Nice!

Wendy, it just wows me how long of an animation you can render. Very cool walk-through of TangoAlpha's orchard. Amazing how well he can make a nice, natural field. Stunning. Love your lover boy character too! Sweet job girl friend!

...'cause that is how coed dinoriders roll.

LOL! well said! Cool render!

Cool scenery, evilproducer!

Glad to see some renders happening!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 2016

Thanks Dart... your stamp of approval means a lot to me.  I completed my SnowMan design which now has arms, a carrot nose and now the hat has some styling morphs for the top and the brim. The snowman scene above I had added to the "It's Raining Men Again Competition" but seems it needs legs to be a Male so I'm in the middle of modeling those for my Snowman 2.0. :)   [edit]  Legs are done as I want them to look and shown below.

HowiesSnowSceneWSnowman02d.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    wgdjohn said:
    seems it needs legs to be a Male so I'm in

Three, apparently. cheeky surprise

BTW, your pic isn't showing . . .

Oops... I must not have checked it or uploaded the wrong pic.

Wow. That is Really looking Great, wgdjohn!!!

I actually wanted to post this here, even though I also posted it in the thread about Platinum Club, since that's how I got the vehicle and the Oberon Station kit.

I really like this model, the Centurian Troop Carrier along with its Uranus Mission expansion pack. It has a good, tough, metal feel to it when working with it with characters. Bang their knee and they'll really feel it!

The troop transport area in the back is really nice and the little windows in the doors open and close via a tough barracade of heavy steel. The doors slide open with a heavy surity that really reminds me how rugged this crazy anti-grav hauler truly is. All but the explosive flak will likely bounce right off - or at least protect the passengers from the direct hit at the very least.

I can't say enough cool stuff about the Oberon Station. It was an easy call to put these awesome kits together for a render. 

Fenric's Tree Duplicate command is so nice for situations when we just want a few quick copies. I know I could easily just use a replicator and use 'create real instances' but I like this better for things like this.

I'm also really happy that, even though the stars are real (Starry Sky for Carrara) as well as all of the surrounding terrain (Badlands EnvironKit), I'm getting renders done on my craptop done in less than two minutes. Carrara truly RULES in that regard!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

@dartanbeck another great sci fi render yes

This one is using G3 George in Carrara smiley

A Palm in the Hand

Wow!

Hey thanks for the kind words! 

Okay now back to your image:

Wow! That is absolutely fan-freaking-tastic!!!

This discussion has been closed.