Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276
    head wax said:

diomede said:

Congratulations.  I wish I could see it in person.  We just had an ice storm.  Looks great, but you should have included a shot with face in the Santa Claus slot.  yes.

thank you Diomede et Dart.

Diomede, will this do ? The queen and phil winsor

:)

Wow! Cool!!!

Stezza said:

I took my nephews to opening weekend of SW back in 1977 as well...... I now hate opening weekends in my area... ques as far as the eyes can see... I now wait for release on google play or netflix laugh

...and another movie I'm looking forward to seeing!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Used the headshop oneclick plugin to create the Stezza morph.. devil

Stezza goes to the Arctic

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Stezza - cool! How do you find using the Headshop Oneclick plugin?  I had an old version that he did years ago, this one looks slicker.

Very cool, Stezza!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

While messing around with sky settings I modified a terrain of mine and came up with something that looked acceptable.. just had to share it. To keep with a Holiday theme lets just call it North Pole after Global Warming. :) (:

ValleyMount.png
    2048 x 768 - 2M
    Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

yes

wgdjohn said:

While messing around with sky settings I modified a terrain of mine and came up with something that looked acceptable.. just had to share it. To keep with a Holiday theme lets just call it North Pole after Global Warming. :) (:

edited December 2016
    PhilW said:

Stezza - cool! How do you find using the Headshop Oneclick plugin?  I had an old version that he did years ago, this one looks slicker.

To be honest, I installed it ok but it really lacks in output.. the profile setup doesn't work very well at all, it is badly programmed overall, feels like a first year programmers effort and the output textures needs to be heavily photoshopped to get something decent.. so it takes quite a few efforts to get something out of it and it usually doesn't look anything like what you thought you may get.

Overall score - 3/10

Post edited by Stezza on
  • Stezza said:
    PhilW said:

To be honest, I installed it ok but it really lacks in output.. the profile setup doesn't work very well at all, it is badly programmed overall, feels like a first year programmers effort and the output textures needs to be heavily photoshopped to get something decent.. so it takes quite a few efforts to get something out of it and it usually doesn't look anything like what you thought you may get.

Overall score - 3/10

I have 6 EZ and never have seen a need to upgrade

with ExP export and genX I can use it on later figures

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143
    edited December 2016
    Stezza said:
    PhilW said:

Overall score - 3/10

Thanks for your honest review - Yes, I remember the version I had could take a few goes to get anything decent, and as you say, textures still need to be edited. Of course a good original image with flat lighting helps a lot.  Think I'll stick with what I have got, or do any character matching "by eye".

Post edited by PhilW on
    Stezza said:
    PhilW said:

Overall score - 3/10

I don't know what 6 EZ is or ExP ... frown

• Stezza said:
    Stezza said:
    PhilW said:

Overall score - 3/10

I don't know what 6 EZ is or ExP ... frown

FS 6EZ a really old version M4 and V4 etc

and ExP export creates inject/remove files for them so I can transfer the morphs to genesis etc with genX

wgdjohn said:

Very Nice! yes It turned out really well!

With the current Daz3d give-aways going on, I was reminded of a really cool game character as I was perusing the items in the HUGE list of goods.

If anyone has ever played Dragon Age: Origins, they'll know who Morrigan is. A powerful magic user - a Witch of the Wilds

My Rosie character is powerful in the ways of magic as well, so I thought it might be nice to create a version of Morrigan's attire for my Rosie character.

At first I saw the Grecian Goddess outfit for Genesis 2 Female. Very nice. Just needs a few other clothing items added to complete the outfit. By itself it's a bit too revealing. Not for me, mind you, but for the most part I'd like people to be able to watch my movies without hiding them from family members.

So I got the Grecian Goddess for my first freebie item and then continued to check through the rest of that long list of products, because there was a hunt that more was to be given away the next day.

In that search I've found a really cool product for V4 called Eve Clothing. It looks an awful lot like Morrigan's attire.

I guess I'm not too Gung Ho to try and make it look exact, but the combination usd in creating Morrigan's look really works, I think. 

Here's my first attempt with my V4 version of Rosie

And below is the new one I've made for my Genesis 2 Female version of Rosie, this being in a younger-years flaskback. I really like the Genesis 2 Female version, which uses a little Victoria 6, Ysabeau 6 (for her younger version) and a touch of Girl 6 and uses Girl 6 maps. I'll deepen the red fabric as I go. She still needs more accessories.

I think I need some sort of Egyptian-like necklace thingy.

edited December 2016

Since I did this on my Win 10 craptop, which doesn't like to give me much freedom to use what little RAM I have, I made this image using composites, as 3DAGE and I were mentioning in another thread recently.

I started by creating this scene, saving the scene, and redering it to the correct resoultion

With the scene saved, I deleted everything but the lighting and the camera and cleaned up Carrara with Edit > Remove Unused Masters

Then I brought in Nybras expanded edition (Hellboy options) and optimized him for Carrara and just added one of the many included pose files. man, he looks great!

Added a plane, changed it's size parameter to 30 feet and gave it a shadow catcher shader

Like the original scene, this still has one of the base Badlands spherical maps in the background channel for reflections and such. For this render, I added the result of the last render into the Backdrop. It looked okay, but a little too CG, so I brought the Volumetric Cloud back in

Like the last time, I deleted everything but the lights and camera and cleaned up Carrara. Then I just brought in my saved file of Rosie G2F with her new Morrigan Attire and turned off her highlight lighting rig - just to use the lights from the previous renders

In Howler, I used the above image and rotoscoping techniques to put Rosie's right hand (left of image) behind the wire in the backdrop. A simple thing that many people might not notice if I didn't do this, but I like to work little details like this into my workflow as I work through each shot as I'm making them.

When reusing lights and cameras like this, it's important to remember to leave the camera and lights set up as they were. Then when we bring in the new subject to render, we need to make sure we move and rotate that object rather than changing the camera or we can screw up the lighting and wreck the whole benefit of being able to do this. Of course, we don't have to always work like this. Like, if we want to use a previous render as a backdrop of a composite, we don't have to fret over the fact that we no longer have that scene's lighting - we can simply match it up as best we can.

Saving my lighting rigs the way I do has an HUGE benefit in this regard - as almost all of my scenes use the same techniques. I set it up like this on purpose over the first few years of working in Carrara to create a system for maintaining consistency from one scene to the next. Anyways....

City Ruins 13.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 548K
    Nybras Ruins City.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 404K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

I like the post apocalyptic atmosphere, DB, and thanks for the heads up

here another comparison blushdevil between carrara engine on the left and shade 3d path tracer on the right, on the interiors side this time angel

car.jpg
    2481 x 1777 - 334K
    shad.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 183K

Wow. Never tried Shade 3d. Looks like it does a fine job calculating IL - among other things yes

The Carrara side looks great, too - but might be a bit too even, probably because I'm seeing the other one side-by-side with it.

I was just playing around with soft shadows using Distant lights. The Tips on Start up say to keep the radius rather large, so I always did, which really softens those shadows up. But when I lowered it done to around 50 ft, I really liked how the shadows remained perfectly sharp close to the object, and fade to soft as the shadow get further from it... that's what I did with the Nybras Demon above. Before I moved the demon over to where all of that debris lies on the ground, I could really see the effect well - it's a bit hidden among the debris in this position. The wings do a decent job of showing it though.

edited December 2016

In the render above, I did such a quick optimization of the Nybras Demon and posed him and moved him around... I decided to close the scene without saving Nybras into it - knowing that I'd rather do it right and save it to my browser proberly later.

Well later came last night, and I not only optimized the shaders but also took a good look at all of the amazing morphs! 

If we have both Nybras and its Expansion pack, it's the expansion pack which adds a whole bunch of morphs as well as these high res, high quality texture maps. In the Figures library it's the two first files which have the "Hellboy" prefix - these come with the new morphs loaded onto the figure - and they are cool!

These images show him without any of the shaping morphs applied, but it comes with all kinds of them - kind of like Millenium Dragon. In fact, he has a Dragon Head morph and then several others that can be used in combination to make different dragon head looks. There's a full body morph which turns this thing into a baby demon! He's a really nasty looking little guy! Oh... and Nybras can also be a female, can be really fat or more skinny... A whole bunch of facial and body shaping morphs and then a huge, helpful collection of posing dials. I love this sort of thing because I can tweak these dials to help correct animations made for other figures, like M4, for example.

He loads fairly quickly and behaves very, very nicely in Carrara. 

This is the base pose I've made with the help of Fenric's Pose Helper. Just set up one side, and then copy that side to the other with Pose Helper. When I create base poses like this (to help me get a better look at shaders, and to give them a decent pose to be saved in) I always do so by manually rotating the joints, and there's a really good reason for that.\

If we use pose dials to create a pose like this and then apply a Pose file from the library (and the Expansion comes with a LOT of cool poses!) the dials will now be applied to the pose we've just loaded. To remove them we have to find those dials and dial them 'off'.

I Love using pose dials. Just not for a base pose on my saved figure file in my Carrara browser ;)

So then to create this pose, I left my base pose in affect and used a few morph dials: Roar, Surprise (just a touch to lift his brow and open his eyes a bit), Body Bend Forward and Arms Lift.

It's amazing how cool they've made some of these expression pose dials. Example, one of the Surprise dials is a cartoony kind of expression - mouth wide open and eyes bulge out of his head - they also rotate the head a bit to add just the right emotion to the expression... very nicely made!

...and there are also a bunch of morphs for changing the horns. I didn't think I would like these huge things - but I do now that I see them in my working view. But I can shrink them very nicely as well as give them other shapes, like facing forward like a Red Dragon as well as how Hellboy's would be if he didn't cut them off.

There are also pose files for turning off the horns, wings, or tail - and then special morphs to fix the look if we remove any of them.

Anyways... I'm really happy with this creature.

Nybras Red Base.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 958K
    Nybras Roar Red.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 932K
    Nybras Burnt Base.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 892K
    Nybras Roar Burnt.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 869K
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 2016

here another comparison blushdevil between carrara engine on the left and shade 3d path tracer on the right, on the interiors side this time angel

Aren't those openings bit too big to call that scene interior, here is bit more challenging geometry for Carrara's (or any other, for that matter) renderer:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4V0tbmTYNaSN2FSM1BqMV96SU0/view

That is my personal test scene, you are more than welcome to use it smiley

Interior.jpg
    1615 x 699 - 521K
    Post edited by FifthElement on

• ROTFLMAO the two baubles below the crotch laugh

Ah, well, now, I can't unsee that!  ;)  Great render!  :)

angel

Carrara = Daz Studio squared!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

yes  On target!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

@ DB: Shade is a very good piece of software, it should be taken into account in any pipeline; as for the renders basicly I find the path tracing intriguing for the superb global lighting computations but hard to tweak especially in regards to shadows/lit surfaces balance; from this point of view the carrara outcome seems more correct; here a more vibrant result with the help of ps

@ FifthElement: thank you, I have used the carrara interior to test the sky/sunlight model, for what I see your set could be greatly helpful in presence of area lights, I will give it a try; I bet the path tracing will come out a more chiaroscuro result

arch IL.jpg
    2486 x 1777 - 358K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 2016

messing around with stuff

G2M Darius 6

Darius6_OR2.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 72K
    Darius6_C1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 166K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 2016

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas .... laugh

That is a white Christmas beach.

picture.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Varsel on
    3DAGE said:

messing around with stuff

G2M Darius 6

Wow. Awesome job of lighting and those saders... damn! Very Very nice!

Varsel said:

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas .... laugh

That is a white Christmas beach.

Awesome!

Merry Christmas, Varsel!

edited December 2016

Magaremoto - It does look very accurate. I think that normal interior lighting does have an even tendency - especially if the walls, ceiling and floor are light in shade. Photographers often use very intense lights in order to get the effects they're looking for along with special masks, reflectors and diffusers to help control the shot.

Stezza said:

angel

Carrara = Daz Studio squared!

yes

This discussion has been closed.