Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276

Thanks!

I'm not very used to using displacement due to the hit that I've experienced in render times in the past. But this guy really needs it along with his custom full body morphs.

I'll have to look up my values for you. Once I added the displacement and set it to NOT displace in 3d working view, I was really happy with how quickly he renders, etc.,

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Isn't it cool what we can achieve via just those two channels?

We can even vary the amount of shininess using a map as well! Black = Value of 0, White = value of 100 - so a nice dark specular sort of image would be a great place to start. I like to edit these sorts of things by hand since I always have a very specific need if I even use it yes

yes so much to explore yet.. I guess we can easily create "pbr" shaders with this great material editor, a bit old-fashioned but efficient and intuitive; I prefer it to graph editors, too dispersive and messed up

edited November 2016

Oh No!!! Stezza... they're coming... and I think they mean to... well... destroy everything?

Really liking this model! Although I did enhance the blast a little in post, I'm amazed at how well the initial render came out with just a simple, quick shader setup and lighting - and with my Starry Sky for Medium Scenes added for the space look

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2016

...and another petipet kit proves to work perfectly in Carrara! Love this stuff!

Notice the light coming out the window of the corridor on the left, onto the side of the main building. Cool glass shader I made using his textures from the kit. Oberon Station in Badlands with Starry Sky for Carrara

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Cool render Dart - and Badlands makes a great alien planet surface too!

PhilW said:

Cool render Dart - and Badlands makes a great alien planet surface too!

Thanks!

I love how the Sun Light can alter the global color of the scene! Just Fun!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2016

Oh No!!! Stezza... they're coming... and I think they mean to... well... destroy everything?

Really liking this model! Although I did enhance the blast a little in post, I'm amazed at how well the initial render came out with just a simple, quick shader setup and lighting - and with my Starry Sky for Medium Scenes added for the space look

I think you may be right!

Alien Caught.jpg
    800 x 600 - 267K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited November 2016

Fantastic! I'll certainly keep an eye out for them! ;)

Continuing on, immediately following the Marcoor Discovery image, our intrepid heroes have fired her up and began to navigate their way out of the miles of craggy cave rock. 

Dart is amazed at how tough this thing is compared to conventional aircraft.

...and they've done it!

Clearing the cave, still in one piece, the Marcoor ascends from the mountain side into blue skies. So now what are we going to do?

The Shadow Knows! Mwaaahaaahaaahaaa!

By the way, the animations I took these screenshots from turned out really, Really cool!

I love how we can animate Carrara plant life! Adding a bit of wind and rustle to the trees in the plant editor just during the time when they get mowed down by the Marcoor, along with the animating of them being thrown down by tons of star ship is just incredibly cool!!!

The cave passgae escape was really fun. There's mile of it, so I've made some shots of the ship getting jarred aside from stoney cave walls, quickly adjusting the flight pattern in an attempt to survive. Using a similar technique I've done for the 10 second animation challenge with the steam dragon animation (YouTube tutorial) I was able to get quite a bit of excellent footage with little effort :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198

Man that is sweet especially the plasma discharge looks very pro.
    edited November 2016

Thanks! The product itself took most of the work out of it for me - I just plugged the right maps into the right channels of the shaders ;)  Howler, of course, helped me add a little red lightning to the plasma blast though! Just a little.

Man, this model is really cool. We don't see much of it here at this angle, which we're only seeing the small upper tip

I'm glad he's so quick at putting out these models - and then has them in the Platinum Club + discount program. I feel like I'm steeling these great models! LOL

Oh... and it even comes with the terrain shown here and all of those scarabs shown flying and crawling about. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I love the art that you do, Dart. If you ever fancied doing artwork step-by-steps, especially with the composition and the lighting, it'd make a great series. My renders usually come out . . . well, lets just say differently good!

I love the art that you do, Dart. If you ever fancied doing artwork step-by-steps, especially with the composition and the lighting, it'd make a great series. My renders usually come out . . . well, lets just say differently good!

What an honor to hear you say that... Thanks TA!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

just messing around with shaders n stuff.

slight post toning in Exposure X

cottage_postx.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 645K
  • thats so sweet Andy heart

Love it, Andy. smiley

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

+1 yes

edited November 2016

Very Nice! Very nice indeed 

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks Y'all :)

here's the un post processed version.

cottage.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 152K

Fantastic. I love checking out great shaders. The glass is amazing and I really love the red painted door. But as I let my eyes browse... yeah... really nice shaders!

Wonderful image - and the processing just lifts it that bit more.  Great work!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

Big fan of the shaders and the lights interacting on the plants, especially.

Practised on modelling a couple of things today that I couldn't find anywhere.. !

Bravo!!! Very nicely done, Sir!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited November 2016

I have a SmithMicro/Content Paradise wombat but yours looks cute heart

does he eat, roots, shoots and leaves?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    ToeJam said:

I have a SmithMicro/Content Paradise wombat but yours looks cute heart

does he eat, roots, shoots and leaves?

of course devil

Lovely modelling, Stezza!

Stezza said:

Practised on modelling a couple of things today that I couldn't find anywhere.. !

Sweet. Suddenly I'm thinking of lots of renders that need pigeons sitting on roofs, ledges, telegraph wires etc . . .

...and Bullwinkle. Don't forget Bullwinkle!

I seriously worry about Bullwinkle sitting on telegraph wires . . . surprise

Hey Rocky, wanna see me pull a rabbit outta ma hat? smiley

Used George morph and David's Santa suit. This is a crashed render ( postworked ) rescued from the DAZ temp folder as Carrara crashed out when I loaded a camel into the scene .. oops

This discussion has been closed.