Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 2016

Awesome works in this thread lifers here just get better all the time. Prolly some members that really never have a render fail unless its a hd. Quickie modeled in sculptris poorly added shading domains in hex render in car. 7 no post. Text made in hex rendered in c7 also.

12 05 16 flare.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 325K
    bay tex.jpg
    256 x 256 - 24K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276

Cool!

Man, I haven't touched Sculptris in a long time. Same with Hex. 

Nice ship, A3DLover! Cool render too!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Wow!

Hey thanks for the kind words! 

Okay now back to your image:

Wow! That is absolutely fan-freaking-tastic!!!

and thankyou as well yes

• ROTFLMAO the two baubles below the crotch laugh

devil

I didn't think anyone would catch that lol angel

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Stezza - awesome tree character!

• click to play

Wendy - you are totally mad and wonderful and we love you for it!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

I've a new render using my snowman 2.0 which i'm entering in It's Raining Men Again Competition -- Starts now! Entry Thread.  It's only a WIP right now. I plan to replace the simple large star with a better designed one and add a few other things. I'm using the "Yultide Cottage" scene by HowieFarkes.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Thanks Phil yes

Wendy!!!

It's great to be an Aussie... laugh

@wgdjohn howie's stuff is pretty cool... looking forward to seeing the end render smiley

edited December 2016

Testing out a new character - Natasha for G2F by Digital Touch - and this is the result of tweaking textures for Octane Render for Carrara and I also created a hair for her. Enjoy!

NatashaLaughFinal.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 703K
    Post edited by PhilW on

Very nice render @PhilW but I can't help but notice.. is that the start of herpes labialis happening there? or artifacts from the Octane render..

G2M better be careful. devil

Stezza said:

Very nice render @PhilW but I can't help but notice.. is that the start of herpes labialis happening there? or artifacts from the Octane render..

G2M better be careful. devil

You must be seeing something that I am not, where exactly are you looking?

maybe just my monitor.. but I can't help not see it cool

this.jpg
    217 x 186 - 14K
  • Nope, that's just lipstick gone wrong, lol wink

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I saw that to.

edited December 2016

Hmm, I'll have a check. It might possibly be some effect of the SSS, but it might also be the original maps, particularly as this is an extreme expression.

P.S. It's the maps.  It is barely noticeable when the mouth is closed, but that region gets stretched with the mouth wide open which makes it more noticeable.  A little tweak in Photoshop will fix it!

Post edited by PhilW on
  • My winter project is to try and learn how to sculpt in Blender (I know getting good will take much longer, but I am just aiming for a similar level of comfort to what I have with the modeling tools). I spent most of today watching it snow while practicing.  This stack of rocks probably came out best of my various doodles so I thought I'd see how it looks in Carrara.

"Surprised Rocks"

Scultped in Blender, textured in Substance Painter, Carrara render.  Assorted plants from various Howie Farkes sets.

MDO - that's looking pretty awesome!

edited December 2016

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Wendy, that Corey Applegate show is So Awesome!!! Have an Apple with Corey! So Sweet!

Wow MDO. That turned out really freaking cool! Especially with the plants added to them - Love the grass on the top! But I also really like that texture.

I'm finding that I love using the various PBR maps for building my regular PR renders in Carrara. Petipet is including Normal maps now along with other maps which I'm guessing are made to work with Iray, in all of his latest products. In this case, his "M" suffix seems to be a map which specifies how metalic the material is. So I'm using those maps in the Shininess channel, and then set the brightness of the map to be the highest I want the shininess value for the shiniest objects in the domain - so I've mostly been setting the brightness to 40, and then let the map lower the values from there. It works in making little shiny areas shiny, and making more flat areas flat. And I'm running all Normal Maps at a bump level of 100

This is a straight render - no postwork

Antares Med Bay Base1a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 494K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 2016

I've also went in to play with some stuff I got a while back when Mortem Vitus came aboard with huge sales

Meet Captain Jacques

Cap'n Jacques FL.jpg
    494 x 719 - 248K
    Cap'n Jacques FC.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 172K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • he looks mean, I grabbed a lot of their stuff too, think you are safe keeping Rosie around him!

TY, I think Corey is going to star in a few videos on my Tom R. Toe channel along with some of his other family and friends.

@MDO2010 awesome rock formation.. yes

Trying to beat the Christmas rush smiley

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

good one cool

Stezza - a good Tin Tin image!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 2016

MDO - Nice rocks.  I need to give Blender another try.  I think my frustration was largely because of the tutorial that I watched.  Not a good match for me.  I will try another instructor. 

Dartanbeck.  Whoah.  Very cool character design, esecially the vascularity.  yes

Stezza, Did you also do the Tintin on taun taun? Excellent.

tauntaun.jpg
    600 x 838 - 87K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

test of concept : snow cover.

slight post tweaking in exposure

click for big

snowland5exp.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

MDO: Love those rocks - better than mine, lol!

Dart: Great lighting as always

Stezza: Awesome Tintin & Snowy

3DAGE: Autumnal snow? Looks good, definite Christmas card feel.

3DAGE said:

test of concept : snow cover.

slight post tweaking in exposure

click for big

Andy - nice testure to the snow.  Maybe have some trees that are completely bare?  You can use the Instance Randomizer to turn leaves on and off, as well as to vary the colour on a tree by tree basis.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

the first couple of tests were just the snow clumps on the terrain, ..pretty boring, ..so the tree's were added just as a prop /scene filler.

I was trying to make a more realistic looking snow coverage with grass poking through , so i modeled some little clumps of snow to replicate on the surface.

Then I got carried away and added the whole thing (terrain an all surface replicators) to a replitator,  set to seamless, 4x4 tiles,.

here's something less leafy :)

snow fence.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 268K
This discussion has been closed.