Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921

Thanks.. a bit more fiddling with it smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,276

Thanks guys!

Wow... Stezza - Fantastic as always! You never fail to treat my eyes. I love your art!

Speaking of loving art, Andy... what a truly amazing scene! That looks so much like the real thing... Wonderful job!

More Sci Fi from me... More petipet! I'm really loving working with his products in Carrara!

Dan Ritchie must not be getting any sleep - all the work he's been putting in to Howler these days. So even when I don't have much time for anything, he's at least keeping me on my toes to try out new builds. I can't test on old renders, right? 

Here, Oberon Station (enhanced with a tram system from Simon3d) is getting support from some Condor pilots launched from the Starship Antares. Did you know the Antares has launch bays? The first two of the four on the visible side of the ship are open, each lit with a single bulb. The cockpit is also lit - not a glowing texture. The closest Condor is also lit inside, with Predatron's LowREZ 14MU Worker piloting. Fine ships, those Condors. Plenty of space in the back for various needs. I keep those compartments lit as well - just in case.

Soon I'll be putting together a render for my new New Colony, which was a wonderful early Christmas Present Surprise! :)   Here's my base setup so far

New Colony.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 291K
    edited December 2016

he looks mean, I grabbed a lot of their stuff too, think you are safe keeping Rosie around him!

TY, I think Corey is going to star in a few videos on my Tom R. Toe channel along with some of his other family and friends.

Yeah, I agree - he's mean when he needs to be but he gets the job done - and that's what we need!

I'm glad you've hired Corey to stay on. He's quite the likeable fellow! And he's so darned happy when we give him his Apple a Day!

diomede said:

MDO - Nice rocks.  I need to give Blender another try.  I think my frustration was largely because of the tutorial that I watched.  Not a good match for me.  I will try another instructor. 

Dartanbeck.  Whoah.  Very cool character design, esecially the vascularity.  yes

Stezza, Did you also do the Tintin on taun taun? Excellent.

I keep feeling like dabbling into Blender too. I think it requires more than a dabble to really get it happy though. But that's okay too. It certainly deserves a good looking at, eh?

Yeah, that character came with some nice displacement maps - and they're really easy to set up as displacements too - I've finally decided to get used to doing that, and Carrara makes it really easy to figure out. But I still just add them to my Bump configuration, as seen in the above image. I tried it both ways since I'm so into speed rendering - and the bump version looks almost as good as the displaced, and renders an awful lot faster. If I ever really need to see the displacement for an important shot, I will make it so. Otherwise bump is the way I'll go! (I rhyme - so of the time) :)

TinTin Rocks! And here he's on a Taun Taun? Yikes! Like cool squared!!!

3DAGE said:

the first couple of tests were just the snow clumps on the terrain, ..pretty boring, ..so the tree's were added just as a prop /scene filler.

I was trying to make a more realistic looking snow coverage with grass poking through , so i modeled some little clumps of snow to replicate on the surface.

Then I got carried away and added the whole thing (terrain an all surface replicators) to a replitator,  set to seamless, 4x4 tiles,.

here's something less leafy :)

I'm really glad you've taken it that extra mile! Looks fantastic!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited December 2016

Great scenes, posing, modeling and much much more folks!

I've updated my earlier post which is in "It's Raining Men"... added and hopefully improved a few things.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Hang on Santa!... sweet @wgdjohn smiley

Ettamogah Christmas with Carrara

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

Well done Stezza - very funny!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    PhilW said:

Well done Stezza - very funny!

+ 2

yes

Thanks Stezza.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

fake IL + out of focus, useful in animations

desert village.jpg
    3600 x 1715 - 517K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Nice render, but the ground looks like it needs the "Map U Values" checkbox unchecked.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

thank you tangoalpha, need to adjust the map definitely

and here is the "crude" render without light corrections and effects and filters, all within carrara

base render.jpg
    3600 x 1715 - 707K

Cool!

Not to stray off topic or anything, but Rosie and I were just heading out the door to see Rogue One - A Star Wars Story when we got attacked by Drones!

If Rosie didn't have my back with her magical powers, I'd likely have to miss the movie :(

That over with... we still have time to catch the show - and we're seeing it in 3D too! Yaaaay!!! :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

can't watch 3 D - drives me nuts

enjoy

• nice render Dart but with all that firepower (and Rosie) why is Dart swinging a feeble sword?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,939

nice render Dart but with all that firepower (and Rosie) why is Dart swinging a feeble sword?

just because he can can

nice render dart

:)

edited December 2016

well here's something I did for our City's Business Development Organisation a few years ago,

They have been kind enough to pull it (The selfie image) out for the last few years. 

So these images from today.

Happy to say there were a stack of people taking selfies with it today. I was the only lad with the Cool Dog t-shirt though.

Merry Chrissie from Oz :)

there's a few more images here https://www.facebook.com/andrew.finnie.artist/posts/10211630591950057?pnref=story

PC180625.jpg
    2544 x 2544 - 1M
    DSC04600.jpg
    3277 x 2638 - 5M
    DSC04598.jpg
    3953 x 2938 - 7M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 2016

Congratulations.  I wish I could see it in person.  We just had an ice storm.  Looks great, but you should have included a shot with face in the Santa Claus slot.  yes.

Post edited by Diomede on

So Cool, HW!!! Merry Crissie from the Frozen Tundra as well! ;)

bigh said:

can't watch 3 D - drives me nuts

enjoy

Funny thing about that - This was by far the best done 3D movie I've ever seen. Very well done - it would really drive you nuts! Lots of 3D perspective going on, but it was fit beautifully with the action and the story. Wow. Best Movie EVER so far! Wow!

nice render Dart but with all that firepower (and Rosie) why is Dart swinging a feeble sword?

As it turns out, Rosie doesn't like guns and Dart... well... Dart doesn't like to disappoint Rosie ;)

I didn't give away too much... did I?

head wax said:

just because he can can

nice render dart

Thanks!

I mean... this is why! Yeah... that's it... because he Can!!! ;)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,143

I think because Dart just likes to look COOL!  I'm looking forward to seeing Rogue One next week.

What is this Rogue One everyone is talking about. :) :)   Seems like yesterday the first Star Wars movie came out.  Can hardly wait to see Rogue One.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2016
    wgdjohn said:

What is this Rogue One everyone is talking about. :) :)   Seems like yesterday the first Star Wars movie came out.  Can hardly wait to see Rogue One.

A friend of mine couldn't wait.  He saw it at Midnight Wed/Thursday.    Started at 1 minute past midnight on Thursday.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I just got back home from seeing it - so far I've seen every Star Wars movie on opening weekend (thanks to my dad, taking six year old me to the first one in 1977), so I couldn't break my streak. laugh

I took my nephews to opening weekend of SW back in 1977 as well...... I now hate opening weekends in my area... ques as far as the eyes can see... I now wait for release on google play or netflix laugh

• Stezza said:

I took my nephews to opening weekend of SW back in 1977 as well...... I now hate opening weekends in my area... ques as far as the eyes can see... I now wait for release on google play or netflix laugh

My local theater recently did a complete remodel and replaced all the seats with these big faux-leather recliners. A theater that used to seat 75 now seats 30 and they are all assigned-seating, so even on opening day, no big lines since everyone reserves their seat online (at least that's what I did and at the time most of the seats were already sold, so I assume everyone else did too.)

Also, that's an awesome King Kong/X-mas mashup!

diomede said:

Congratulations.  I wish I could see it in person.  We just had an ice storm.  Looks great, but you should have included a shot with face in the Santa Claus slot.  yes.

thank you Diomede et Dart.

Diomede, will this do ? The queen and phil winsor

Stezza said:

Stezza, this is a terrific image. congrats

Thanks HW

appreciate the comments smiley

edited December 2016

no problem, the hair and the whole composition give a great sense of movement - even the wrinkles at the knees

Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:
    Stezza said:

Stezza, this is a terrific image. congrats

Agreed, and I love that airplane! I live only an hour and a half from the grand EAA in Oshkosh, so any year I want, I can treat myself to an aircraft extravaganza! Even more, they have an excellent aircraft museum there open year round, which is fantastic. My Dad and I have always been enthusiasts.

head wax said:

no problem, the hair and the whole composition give a great sense of movement - even the wrinkles at the knees

Again, agreed. I love the movement in this shot ;)

This discussion has been closed.