SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• TobiasGTobiasG Posts: 447
    edited December 1969

I have been wanting to use Antfarm's colony for some time. I decided to spice it up with Stonemason's Winter Terrain and the Let it snow shader available in the store.

Love the colors and the atmosphere!

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited December 1969

Digging the shiny arctic armor on that Sedition Soldier. I picked up so much Mestophales stuff in PC sales; can't wait to try it all out myself.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,566
    edited November 2014

I replaced some of the textures of Sedition Soldier with shaders made from gen 2 female bot armor. The mats for Sedition soldier were confusing to me. One of the first things I did was sort through them to get them in order.

I do like that the set comes with a set of military camo shaders, and another 'rusted' set of shaders which look good on other content. That's a great bonus feature. =-)

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2014

Just kit bashing some new figures together and testing content. I really like Derek M4's fantastic rich skin. I brought that over for gen 2 as well as some head morphs from gen 5 which I combined with one of Male-M3dia's fantastic bodies. I like guys less thick hands, so to achieve this look, I thinned them out and widened the knuckles... No sausage fingers.... =-) And yes, 3d Celebrity's fearsome Vampillia looks great as an alien too. And finally a character to use this curly hair on. =-)

Just_Friends.jpg
    817 x 934 - 460K
    01-veins.jpg
    817 x 934 - 366K
    edited November 2014

Okay, I wanted to try to use some items I've bought but haven't played with yet. Namely those shackles, and the La Guillotine poses. I had some trouble getting the borg-looking pirate on the steps. There is a lip on that stairs making posing his feet challenging.

captive-2.jpg
    1018 x 1163 - 802K
    edited December 1969

I've been picking up the genesis supersuit mostly for the cool shaders, which can be used to recolor other things.

Anyway, I like the Troopers set. The Medic is very cool looking and works great on Gen 2 male. For added fun, use the medic suit over the EXO bodyform. I think it gives the Medic's suit some neat definition.

medic-3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 283K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I'm liking the new renders, feel bad for the guy in shackles but love the expressions on the evil pair! There's a real story there.

edited December 1969

@Jindi: Thanks. Finally found a use for the Mohawk hair, and got to use Stephanie 6's skin yet again.

Yeah, Shackled guy will be freed I'm sure.=_)

edited November 2014

This is Slosh's new Galactic Force outfit on Gen 2 Men. I really love the lines of the fabric, the color choices and the creases which add realism. Nicely done.

u-2.jpg
    1106 x 1327 - 820K
    u-1.jpg
    1106 x 1327 - 761K
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Love the mech arms! DAZ asked/suggested that I do some accessories, and I did try. Even had gloves going, but nothing I was modeling seemed to be right, so I nixed them all. I will probably do some more in the future and will plan the accessories from the beginning. Right now I am working on a superhero set for each gender, with possiblities for expansions as more ideas come in, but seeing Flipmode's G2 Suit, I hesitate to continue. Mostly because mine actually looks quite a bit like his, unintentionally.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the compliment. =-) Lets face it though superhero outfits do tend to look alike, and even that suit has a similarity to Genesis Supersuit, so i wouldn't worry too much about doing what has been done before. =-) There is only so much you can do with spandex that someone else hasn't done. I say soldier on! =-)

As far as the outfit goes:

I can see a lot could be added to this fantastic suit in an expansion.. Add a hat and perhaps a higher collar for 'ranking' officers. Do some breast pocket pips or sleeve and collar pips to add to that.

Workers might have a brown uniform with leg pockets and fingeless gloves, and short shoulder sleeves.

Maybe some kind of belt with a slim profile.

Anyway, love the suit. Think you did a great job on it! =-).

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

What set are those cyber arms from?

edited November 2014

That is a set called "More than human" sold at Rendo. I believe it is HFS Hellfish Studios/Dariofish. It is a nice set made for genesis 1. I recolored it with metallic shaders. Since Sarge has some cyber enhancements it is a nice way to depict this. Included with the packet are some limb size adjustment morphs. These will need to be ported to gen 2 if you don't want an oversized leg or arm.

sarge-1.jpg
    1200 x 1371 - 845K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

That is a set called "More than human" sold at Rendo. I believe it is HFS Hellfish Studios/Dariofish. It is a nice set made for genesis 1. I recolored it with metallic shaders. Since Sarge has some cyber enhancements it is a nice way to depict this. Included with the packet are some limb size adjustment morphs. These will need to be ported to gen 2 if you don't want an oversized leg or arm. That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if it was that set or something you got here in the DAZ store.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I've been picking up the genesis supersuit mostly for the cool shaders, which can be used to recolor other things.

Anyway, I like the Troopers set. The Medic is very cool looking and works great on Gen 2 male. For added fun, use the medic suit over the EXO bodyform. I think it gives the Medic's suit some neat definition.

I like the color combination- the outfit and the environment go nicely together. Really good lighting with that. The feet being buried a bit looks so real!

The shackles render really catches the mood and you had a lot of feet to pose there. Those darned stair lips! You did really good with it.

edited December 2014

okay, I wanted to use Antfarm's fantastic plasma cutter in something... =-)

image-1.jpg
    1800 x 1600 - 2M
    edited December 2014

Hi:

I Received a PM From Candy who wanted to know where to get the female version of the armor Coalition Rapier. The answer is you can autofit this suit quite nicely to genesis. This will allow a female version, but there is no female edition that I know of. Both figures in the image are genesis and the suit fits well.

For some reason, when I tried to respond to Candy's PM. It says the account is invalid. =-) So hopefully you read my thread and will see this.

wyn

gen5front.jpg
    900 x 900 - 253K
    edited December 1969

okay, I wanted to use Antfarm's fantastic plasma cutter in something... =-)

Gorgeous lighting and I like the orange whatever it is on the lower left too! The blue beam looks quite nice- great balance and not overdone, yet draws attention. Nicely done as usual gal!

edited December 1969

The bot is something I picked up at rendo a while ago. I have a passion for little camera bots. I think I own all the ones that are sold here in DAZ's store. What I do with him is make them, parent a little point light in front and save. Then if I need one later- I already have one lit and ready to do it's little camera bot thing.

The plasma fork's special effect were challenging. Nothing looked right, so I used a lightning bolt from Ron's Tornado pack. I'm going to pick up some lightning brushes at graphic river. I realize I just don't have enough electrical special effects. They all seem to be of the flare and flame variety.

edited December 2014

Just spent the last few days sorting through my brushes. With Deviney on sale, I'm finding a real need to sort out the brushes I use frequently from the throng of other brushes. My screen is somewhat smaller than most, and I spend too much time trying to find and locate my favorites out of many sets. Especially in huge sets like war elements.. And time is money.. Unfortunately, Photoshop makes it really difficult to customize your brush sets, however, you can merge your brushes and weed out the ones you don't use/like like I've done here.

After listening to a tutorial I found online, I learned I could define a brush preset with words and use that to section out my customized brushes. And then use the PS preset manager to move them around. So, now instead of spending a long time trying to find a specific brush, I have all my favorites categorized.

Here's a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'm so glad I discovered how to do this. I will save hours.

Capture.JPG
    1013 x 645 - 131K
    edited December 2014

I'm quite partial to interesting alien-type skins. I like the alien or cat like spots. This is a character I've been working on for sometime. Skin is AM Edris from Yurdigital. Face and body is dialed and gen 2 conversion of other stuff. Getting the hair right is proving to be a challenge though. =-)

shaun-newlights.jpg
    1136 x 1136 - 742K
    h-ricardi.jpg
    1136 x 1136 - 564K
    triton-12.jpg
    1136 x 1136 - 539K
    two.jpg
    1136 x 1136 - 539K
    one.jpg
    1136 x 1136 - 582K
    edited December 2014

One thing not to do: Park your vehicle in a place where an attacker can hide. =-) Not Sci-fi, but, was checking out a manual for unarmed combat, and safety and there were a number of excellent illustrations of things NOT and TO Do. =-) The image of a guy hiding and lurking behind a dumpster struck a chord, so I challenged myself to try illustrating this scenario in DAZ Studio.

safetyfirst.jpg
    1136 x 852 - 720K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I'm impressed at your ability to find inspiration everywhere, even in a manual! Some great details in this shady locale, the rat especially. Love the light on the guy's hat, hope he looks as good in his mugshot! :)

edited December 1969

LOL. You noticed the rat eating the potato chip. I TRY to add props to my scenes, and have a lot of junk and trash to use in urban areas. Yes, something tells me mr. crowbar isn't going to remain free for long. =-)

edited December 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the arrival of Reptilian 6 in the store. While I don't particularly care for the teeth on the default morph, I do like the body tail and the textures, especially that mighty fine set of textures by Sarsa.

Here is G2Male with some of the morphs applied.

blue-06.jpg
    800 x 914 - 369K
    blue-02.jpg
    800 x 914 - 366K
    dude-2.jpg
    1300 x 1485 - 795K
    edited December 1969

I'm quite partial to interesting alien-type skins. I like the alien or cat like spots. This is a character I've been working on for sometime. Skin is AM Edris from Yurdigital. Face and body is dialed and gen 2 conversion of other stuff. Getting the hair right is proving to be a challenge though. =-)

Oh my goodness, this needs to be on the front page of the site. I love, love, love the lighting and how everything came together!

edited December 2014

Here I wanted to try the reptilian with a non reptilian texture. Why limit yourself to only scales when you can use other monster/alien texutres? Here I loaded up IradianGenesis onto Reptilian. Because there is no tail texture I loaded up the thigh of Orc into Photoshop and did a quick transfer of the texture onto the tail template.

I think you can see, that Reptilian as a shape can look quite interesting using different textures.

I'll try making a female version tomorrow just for kicks. Can't be that hard. Plus, I think she'll look interesting with the medolian texture.

Here I kitbashed the character's outfit from a number of sets. Can you recognize which ones?

iradian-1.jpg
    800 x 914 - 384K
    edited December 2014

Okay, here is my female version of Reptilian.

Using gen x, you can transfer the headless (or body only morph), quite well to gen 2 female. The only difficulty I had with was the neck. It was a bit thick for the head, so I slimmed it down and lengthened it some. I also dialed in some Britney because I wanted a more thin female form.

The tail didn't want to apply to gen 2 female and threw an error and then applied. What I found worked was to unparent the tail and manually attach to Gen 2 female's pelvis. Otherwise the auto attachment took away the movement morphs and deformed the tail.

Head has some morphs applied, since I wanted a more alien look. I'll probably continue to tweak this, but this is my first successful attempt I think.

couple-5.jpg
    800 x 914 - 386K
    reptilian-2.jpg
    800 x 914 - 330K
    female-version-6.jpg
    800 x 914 - 381K
    edited December 1969

I think you've definitely made good use of your Reptilian purchase- and I likee alot!

edited December 1969

Thanks for your kind words Novica. Yes, I'm pleasantly surprised by Reptilian who I confess I didn't much care for. However I do like the morph a lot so I will willingly eat crow in that regard. =-)

This discussion has been closed.