SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited October 2014

I've been messing around with the "Into the woods" lights set included in this set http://www.daz3d.com/into-the-woods

This set is actually pretty old, but includes some great poses, and some neat gel lights to give leaf pattern to your renders.

If you add a few more lights, (this quick render is WoodsNight1 + FW SebastianLights)

It can look really good. I have to thank Novica, because she Inspired me with her Derek Render to add FW Sebastian lights.

dof.jpg
    600 x 700 - 294K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited October 2014

Okay, really like the new Soldier for Genesis 2 males outfit.

Had to change the weapons and the headgear to suit the these mercenaries in this render! but very cool!

soldier-image3.4_.jpg
    1000 x 1142 - 556K
    edited November 2014

Okay, I've been exploring converting some of Liquid Rust's characters to Gen 2, using Gen X. There is something that greatly appeals to me about J. King's gen 4 figures, particularly the early non-genesis ones. I also like the golden skin color and I like the faces a great deal.

Anyway, Here is Max for M4.

http://www.daz3d.com/max-for-m4 on gen 2 male

I did do one tweak here which was the mouth. His head is dialed in at .69%

Max's mouth is rather narrow and I prefer wider mouths- plus it was tough to pose with the thinner lips for me with expressions..

One thing that is cool about Max is he has both light and dark eyebrows.

EDIT: the first hair is Jai and renders often with the artifact in it. I usually just photoshop it out.

Max-Kaylum.jpg
    600 x 700 - 268K
    Max-2.jpg
    600 x 700 - 234K
    edited December 1969

It's the Baryolax. I must say this is an awesome critter with some great textures. Definitely a must have for sci-fi fans.

barolak.jpg
    900 x 700 - 359K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Whoa, I'd hate to be that blonde. Well, I'd hate to be any of them, but I think the gal sitting down is toast.
    I really like the lighting on this one, particularly on Baryolax.
    Question- what is that lit square that is on the floor in front of Toast? (lol, couldn't resist.) Is it a tray with a light on it?

edited November 2014

That is the tray from the 50's waitress set we got a while ago it comes with burgers and a drink. On the tray are some surgeon's tools and pills which were spilled when the blonde tripped. The light is shining off of the little handheld surgeon's mirror which is reflecting, but I added a little glint there. There are also some syringes lying around that toast has dropped in her shock at seeing the alien appear in medical bay.

The three characters are all using J King conversions although not all exactly like the originals.

edited November 2014

Jagger is on sale right now in the M4/V4 sale and as you can see the figure converts very nicely to genesis 2, and the figure has a ton of really great lights, and some interesting mats including yellow eyes, and some fantasy skin textures. You won't be disappointed. I love him. =-) Mistress hair is a nice sci-fi hair for alien figures which fits well. I noted some scalp adjustments might be needed, but otherwise looks pretty awesome. Jagger combines well with the Alien and other morphs to make the figure on the left. Both are now gen 2 conversions.

jagger-111.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 612K
    edited November 2014

I really like the Nomad Module 2 by DAZ 3d, Petipet. What a fantastic vehicle. Of course, knowing it is by Petipet I should've figured it would have some great details. Anyway. I'm getting great use of Starship Crew Uniforms as well.

4.jpg
    600 x 700 - 234K
    edited December 1969

I think Petipet should pay you for all the promo art you do- which always looks so nice! It's also good to see those conversions to G2. Thanks for showing Jagger, I just picked him up too during the sale.

edited November 2014

Love the bot Armor. How could I overlook it? It is Ynes Bot Armor. It layers nicely over a bodysuit.. and yes, this is another LR conversion at least partially- the Head is Liquid Rust's Jamey Version 3 as is the lovely skin. =-) The only thing I couldn't convert well here were the shoes from the bot set. Sorry, they just didn't fit.

ynez-1.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 729K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

She looks fantastic, I like the sort of graphic novel look you have going here too.

You've also made me go back for another look at Max, who I noticed is in the sale again. J King's men especially look almost sculptural in the promos but Max here definitely looks believable.

edited November 2014

Max is certainly my favorite K King male so far. I have bought a few others, but this is the only one I've fuly converted... I've picked up a lot of figures and haven't done the others yet. Been unsuccessful at converting Calvin V4... Morphs did not go over to Gen 2, (or perhaps it is my own ineptitude doing a cross gender figure), however I have used his mats which work fine.

What I like about this PA's work, especially the early work for some reason is the artist does beautiful nagel-esque eyes and the facial features are less of the manga fusion that is popular right now and are more chiseled on both male and female characters

edited December 1969

Love the bot Armor. How could I overlook it? It is Ynes Bot Armor. It layers nicely over a bodysuit.. and yes, this is another LR conversion at least partially- the Head is Liquid Rust's Jamey Version 3 as is the lovely skin. =-) The only thing I couldn't convert well here were the shoes from the bot set. Sorry, they just didn't fit.

I'd love to see this with some Envato effects :) I bought a bunch of those and haven't used them yet.She'd be gorgeous with those, but gorgeous without! I like the sheen and the airy feel of it. Sometimes armor comes across as heavy but you've got just the right feel. Kudos!

edited November 2014

Okay, yes. I remember what you are talking about. Envato effects. Got ya I'll do some up.

I think what might be nice is some of those bot for genesis 2 shaders on the armor. I'll convert Spencer and then see how they look as a couple. =-)

If anyone else has both the Ynes bot Armor, the Shadow Warrior boots for genesis by DAZ http://www.daz3d.com/shadow-warrior fit great and they have a morph to slim them down so they hide well under the leg plates, plus they are flat which I prefer in combat armor.

edited December 1969

If anyone enjoys brushes with some really cool sci-fi effects, try the Galaxy brushes at Graphic River. They are only 4 dollars, but the brushes are incredibly useful- not just for space renders, but some of the star fields have a nice boka effect. Plus, you can use them to add some extra planets to your skies. Always a useful effect.

edited November 2014

Okay, Here is Gen2-Male conversion of Spencer for M4. Depending on the lighting you use, you can certainly change the look and feel of this character. I think he turned out great. =-)

spencer3.jpg
    600 x 700 - 212K
    spencer2.jpg
    600 x 700 - 194K
    spencer2.1_.jpg
    600 x 700 - 193K
    spencer-redone10.jpg
    600 x 700 - 222K
    spencer-redone5.jpg
    600 x 700 - 211K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

He looks great. You've convinced me to pick him up. What is the uniform he's wearing?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    He looks great. You've convinced me to pick him up. What is the uniform he's wearing?

Thanks. =-) I think he turned out well. The outfit is fire faction for gen 2 males at Rendo.

edited November 2014

Okay, here is another gen 2 conversion- Only the head and skin though.. This time it is Genevieve V4. I am however using Olympia's bod dialed slightly heavier. I wanted her a bit more buff to be able to carry a heavier weapon. And this is Scifi Sniper over a bodysuit.

I really like this skin by J. King. Such a nice rich tone.

Gen-2.jpg
    1200 x 1371 - 1M
    Gen-1.jpg
    1200 x 1371 - 1007K
  • BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

Wow... I like what you've done there with the sniper suit over the bodysuit... it really makes it more usable in diverse scenes - and very much like how you've rendered Genevieve. Thanks for sharing the pics and info SereneNight.

edited December 1969

brad004 said:
    Wow... I like what you've done there with the sniper suit over the bodysuit... it really makes it more usable in diverse scenes - and very much like how you've rendered Genevieve. Thanks for sharing the pics and info SereneNight.

You are welcome. I prefer the sniper suit over bodysuit personally. Would like to see an expansion. =-)

edited November 2014

Okay, this is an outfit I picked up recently. Pretty neat. It includes a hair, a flightsuit, glasses, glove, hat, undershirt and more. It fits pretty well to gen 2 male (left). There is some tearing around the groin region which will need to be Photoshop/smoothed out. But overall this is a great Sci-fi basic.

It is M4 Airt Crew Set https://www.daz3d.com/m4-air-crew-set

I have shown the hair on M4- in the final image on the right.

final-1,1.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 750K
    Adv.LightsDTAL-DistantB-closeup2_.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 591K
    Adv.LightsDTAL-DistantB_.jpg
    600 x 700 - 191K
    edited November 2014

This is LR Katreena altered with gen x to be gen 2. Chest reduced with small breast morph. The figure includes a pale and non-pale skin texture. Here I once again layered a more revealing outfit over the bodysuit from tech soldier.

Kareen-default-1.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 764K
    image-1.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 977K
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is an outfit I picked up recently. Pretty neat. It includes a hair, a flightsuit, glasses, glove, hat, undershirt and more. It fits pretty well to gen 2 male (left). There is some tearing around the groin region which will need to be Photoshop/smoothed out. But overall this is a great Sci-fi basic.

It's a shame that the promos didn't show the textures the way you have or I'd have purchased it before. Thanks for doing these. They look great and I hope to pick the product up for something I'm working on.

edited December 1969

[a shame that the promos didn't show the textures the way you have or I'd have purchased it before. Thanks for doing these. They look great and I hope to pick the product up for something I'm working on.

The promo art does not show how realistic the base set looks. I haven't tried the other colors, but the olive one looks very nice. Lots of wrinkles and convincing flight-suit look. The suit morphs open at the neck too, and there is an undershirt that can be used.

I've been wanting something like this for gen 2 for some time. But you get a lot in the packet. Worth picking up definitely for a pilot character.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,330
    edited December 1969

It's a shame that the promos didn't show the textures the way you have or I'd have purchased it before. Thanks for doing these. They look great and I hope to pick the product up for something I'm working on.

I've added the M4-flightsuit to my "to get" list based on these images. Nicely done. I also like the mechgirl improvements with the tech bodysuit. Makes it that much more useful.

edited November 2014

Thanks! I'm glad to be of help. =-) With the bodysuits, there is some poke through. Likely something you can deal with a poke through product or pixel editing or both. I just did a second render of the clothing piece solo to fix the surface in the affected area. The Tech Soldier Bodysuit is one of my favorites and I use it often. It works well with most sci-fi outfits. =-)

Okay, things are about to get complicated here with Mollie, modeled by V4's older Aunt Mollie who is in the V4/M4 sale. http://www.daz3d.com/mollie

Here Mollie proves that yes you can be even MORE complicated and senior ladies do NOT have to sit at home and let all the younger Vickies wear the skimpwear and strut their stuff.

Sadly, even with the flat nipple morph, there is still nipples on the top of this outfit, necessitating photoshop. I just am not a fan of nipple plates. Sorry Batman- And Robin fans.

Mollie is a bit gray and includes no makeup textures. Complicated Eve is just no-nonsense in her senior years I guess.

One of the things I like about Mollie is her hands. They look really cool.

billie-456.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 1M
    billie-4.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 986K
    edited November 2014

This is an interesting outfit. I picked it up in the 80% sale, and it has a nice style to it. There are also a lot of mat zones so you can recolor every little thing. Here it is fitted to a gen-2 figure who has LR Alexa's head and skin. The boots did not do so well, so I recolored the boots from the Cyria outfit. I like the style of the collar. Now if there was just a bit more detail...

http://www.daz3d.com/sd4-outfit

beige-2.1_.1_.jpg
    600 x 800 - 351K
    beige-2.1_.jpg
    600 x 800 - 312K
    edited November 2014

I picked up Sedition Soldier M4 in the latest sales.

http://www.daz3d.com/sedition-soldier-for-m4

I really like the way it looks. Here I recolored the surface of the suit using shaders made from the Bot for Genesis 2 female expansion pack.

There is a wayward pixel in the groin in the bodysuit which links the suit between the thighs by a thread. I may try a different bodysuit to see if I can overcome this issue.

The shaders really added some metallic interest to the suit. I also reshaded the bodysuit with... The wall texture from Sci-fi training room made by FirstBastion. I really like his wall texture... Why not use it on the undersuit?

sci-fi-bodysuit.jpg
    700 x 800 - 355K
    edited November 2014

I have been wanting to use Antfarm's colony for some time. I decided to spice it up with Stonemason's Winter Terrain and the Let it snow shader available in the store.

fin.jpg
    1286 x 1000 - 1018K
This discussion has been closed.