SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,568
    edited December 1969

Sounds great WSETDAN. Can't wait to try it!

Has anyone bought any of the new Sci-fi content in the store? I did just pick up the sci-fi beds. Going to have to wait to buy the military dormitory and poses, but they look great.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

Some space images created using Deviney's awesome new brush set.

OMGosh, those are absolutely STUNNING.

edited December 1969

Just messing around with the new SCI FI Beds by Ansiko. This is a fun prop. Just watch your head when you get up in the morning!

vibrant.jpg
    997 x 831 - 525K
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Thanks Novica! those brushes are wonderful. Just what I've been looking for a long time. =-) Now if there were just a few space ships, planes and other flying objects I would be quite happy.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Thanks Novica! those brushes are wonderful. Just what I've been looking for a long time. =-) Now if there were just a few space ships, planes and other flying objects I would be quite happy.Herminio over at ShareCG has a few different starship designs in .obj format you might like. They're free too.

edited December 1969

Your bot looks quite at home. That would be fun to wake up to!

edited March 2015

Here is the new Resistance Soldier outfit. One thing that is interesting is that you can load the parts individually. So just arms, the bikini shorts, or the holster. The holster is useful for other outfits. It has some easy to use adjustments. There are many mat zones. So you can re-color or hide bits you don't want to see.

I do think the mats could look more distinctive. They look quite plain to me.

soldier1.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 614K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

I thought the mats looked rubbery- but that would actually be a good thing so far as flexibility- it would seem more comfortable to the wearer, rather than a stiffer armor. One thing I like is the tip and over the toes of the boots- it's rounded and looks like a work boot- practical.

edited December 1969

Resistance Soldier has a lot of nice components which make it versatile and useful for kitbashing.. Legs, and arms, and torso and boots and holster can load separately or as a group. The pistol can be loaded in hand, and also in the holster. Sections can be hidden to produce entirely different looks.

I'm hoping with luck this outfit will be popular and we'll see a texture expansion. Perhaps Out Of Touch would do one.

One thing, I think which would look neat on the outfit would be to make it somewhat duo-tone in the front, or employ some stripes on the sides. Maybe add some detail to the chest plate.

edited December 1969

@tramp graphics. Thanks for those links. I admit, I stopped downloading freebies because of the terms of use being so unclear. But those look nice .=-)

edited March 2015

Here is Darius wearing TimeTraveler. This is a fantastic outfit with a tremendous amount of detail. I love the gloves. Great for portraits. If you are looking for TimeTraveler in the store, the store search won't find it if you put a space between the two words. Weird. But great outfit.

darius-1.jpg
    1142 x 1354 - 701K
    Darius-4-lighter.jpg
    1142 x 1354 - 997K
    edited December 1969

I must say Yura is rapidly becoming one of my favorite PA's. The sheer volume and nice variety of outfits for men, is quite impressive. Keep up the excellent work!

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

That is a neat outfit. I would change mats on that tummy circle though.

edited March 2015

I wanted to try rendering something with the Guardian by Yura. I really like the outfit. It also goes well with the Soldier for Genesis 2 males. I didn't render the gun yet. I will soon. One thing to watch out for is the shoulder is a bit thick and can collide with the arms especially under the upper arm area.

I like to clutter the ground with stuff. So there are papers, spent bullets, a broken bottle and empty boxes. The future is trashy I guess.

image-1.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 773K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,406
    edited December 1969

Looks good. Quick question. Does that jacket close up, or is it perpetually open?

edited December 1969

Looks good. Quick question. Does that jacket close up, or is it perpetually open?

Thanks Tramp. No the jacket doesn't close, but it is stand alone, so you can load it as just a really cool leather jacket. =-)

edited March 2015

Here is FW Simona. She is an very beautiful character by Fred Winker and she is also a DAZ original. I think she is an exotic beauty with her angular edges and face, which is something different than the average character. Her look can really change depending on what eye color and makeup options are used. I dialed her chest down a few sizes in the first image.

Simone16.2_.jpg
    817 x 934 - 502K
    simona2.jpg
    817 x 934 - 447K
    edited December 1969

Who is that Handsome Fella? It is Darius that's who. I did want to try those ear spools so did a test render.

braids-male-14.jpg
    1106 x 1327 - 646K
    edited December 1969

Here is FW Simona. She is an very beautiful character by Fred Winker and she is also a DAZ original. I think she is an exotic beauty with her angular edges and face, which is something different than the average character. Her look can really change depending on what eye color and makeup options are used. I dialed her chest down a few sizes in the first image.

Your lighting on that and the camera angle is really cool! I think her chest is the right size- it's not distracting. That outfit is interesting with the strands around the wrist (of whatever its supposed to be.)

• TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

She is an older char but I love Zoey for the same reasons. Plus I love the textured scalp hair option.

http://www.daz3d.com/zoey-for-victoria-5

edited December 1969

Thanks my friends. I do like the time traveler outfit. Lots of cool gadgets and hoses. Oh, and the back is really interesting too. It reminds me I have not rended that!

Thanks for the link Teofa. I'll add her to the wishlist. I like characters who break free of the typically baby faced-faced female. Not anything wrong with babyfaces, just kind of the norm here in the store, and thus not anything I feel the need to buy.

edited December 1969

I am very much into shaders these days. I particularly like the ones that were included with Supersuit Color Corps. Here I've used those in addition to other shaders like the Latex one and Pro Auto Spray on the Imperial soldier outfit. The only challenge I have with the outfit is the hose gets warped on the helmet. It flattens out even in some rather staid poses. Not sure what is up with that. Lots of mat zones with this outfit.

imperial-soldier-1.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 573K
    imperial8.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 559K
    imperial7.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 600K
    imperial-1.jpg
    1000 x 1143 - 574K
  • FabeFabe Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Here we go, a combat Scene. I rather like sarge with batons.

Nice,mind if I ask what pants the guy in blue is wearing? I been trying to find some sci-fi pants to go with one of my own render and would like to give those a try.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/41025/#608043

edited March 2015

No problem. Pants are Berlin city spirit fashion re colored with rogue scifi boots. There is some clipping on the calf so had to pixel edit to remove it and make the boots work

edited December 1969

Here, I wanted to test out some of my new products...

Ladies.jpg
    1300 x 1486 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I wanted to say how pleased I am with Dark Passage. This is a beautiful environment by Digivault. It renders so well. And it is beautifully detailed.

edited December 1969

I do really like that lighting :) and that little computer orb or whatever it is- frankly adorable! The outfits look good. I haven't started shopping yet today, almost afraid to get started...

edited December 1969

I did pick up some stuff I've been eyeing. One thing about the whole store discounts is is that it does make me more adventurous.

I picked up Mask and Multipass toolbox, since I've been doing a lot more with photoshop lately.
    Starship Crew Uniform for MOS invasion
    Ursila for V3

• The DigiVaultThe DigiVault Posts: 448
    edited December 1969

I wanted to say how pleased I am with Dark Passage. This is a beautiful environment by Digivault. It renders so well. And it is beautifully detailed.

Thanks for the compliment!! Glad you like Dark Passage.

Pete
    The DigiVault

edited December 1969

Thanks for the compliment!! Glad you like Dark Passage.

Pete
    The DigiVault

Pete, it is absolutely fantastic. I wish I had bought it sooner. I love the rich colors and the level of detail. You have a tremendous amount of talent and keep getting better and better too!

I have used Aftermath as well quite a bit, and am looking forward to using Hard Target. =-)

This discussion has been closed.