SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Wheeeeeeee! I love it!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

These are all fantastic, love seeing what you are coming up with. The battle cat one's a knock-out and I love the guy and his pet on the grass too, perfect for that filter.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,315
    edited December 1969

Okay, as promised in Novica's thread am going to show a few ahem. Older images of mine, with the Topaz filters to make them look toony. You can add a little or s lot. The final image should be the one I just did.

This filter is a lot of fun. I like it. =-)

These two images are particularly appealing and dynamic, did you use Topaz Simplify or Topaz Clean to achieve them? I definitely like the stylized toony look and the rich vibrant coloration.

toon-vehicle.jpg
    500 x 500 - 73K
    toon-combat-1.jpg
    600 x 495 - 100K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Okay, as promised in Novica's thread am going to show a few ahem. Older images of mine, with the Topaz filters to make them look toony. You can add a little or s lot. The final image should be the one I just did.

This filter is a lot of fun. I like it. =-)

These two images are particularly appealing and dynamic, did you use Topaz Simplify or Topaz Clean to achieve them? I definitely like the stylized toony look and the rich vibrant coloration.

Topaz Clean was what I went with. I do not have simplify, but maybe I'll have to check it out. =-) I do like the toony look. It really almost looks like a (here I'm dating myself to the 80's), but a Nagel-style painting.

edited August 2014

Thanks everyone for the nice words. =-)

Here is one using FirstBastion's Sci-fi training room. I really like the cool little window way up high, for the supervisor to peer down at training in process. There are also a number of really interesting angles suitable for rendering, which I'll have fun trying out. I may rework the telekinetic special effects. But it is late.

training-room.jpg
    1065 x 1278 - 450K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

Glad I'm not HER
    :) You're really having fun, aren't you?!

edited December 1969

Sarge has gotten an upgrade!

upgrade-final2.jpg
    1082 x 1298 - 733K
    edited December 1969

Here's one of my first Lee images. I wanted to tell a story here, and use the cryo chamber at last for something. =-)

Vibrant-2.jpg
    1200 x 1350 - 253K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,315
    edited December 1969

Here is one using FirstBastion's Sci-fi training room. I really like the cool little window way up high, for the supervisor to peer down at training in process. There are also a number of really interesting angles suitable for rendering, which I'll have fun trying out. I may rework the telekinetic special effects. But it is late.

That's a very dynamic image. And I just love her facial expression, it's more annoyed than overwhelmed. And I like that ominous silhouetted figure looking down from above. Thank you for posting it. And Sarge's arms look absolutely badasss, just the right amout of metallic sheen without looking overly glossy.

edited December 1969

I like the characters look like they are actually IN the scene- just the right amount of light and shadow. Nice job as usual :)

edited December 1969

That's a very dynamic image. And I just love her facial expression, it's more annoyed than overwhelmed. And I like that ominous silhouetted figure looking down from above. Thank you for posting it. And Sarge's arms look absolutely badasss, just the right amout of metallic sheen without looking overly glossy.

I have you to thank for the inspirational set. I really like that training viewport. I had to use some artistic license and make the figure standing in the window really big, since, er... The training window is rather further away!!

I like the way the shader looks on the metallic arms. I love Hellfish's stuff, however, the mat texture was too rubbery for my tastes.

thanks again. =-)

edited September 2014

I am intrigued by the idea of 'flooding' places like Aftermath with a water plane. I like the way the figure's limbs look half submerged.

I also enjoyed playing with 'freak 4 rules' pose set. If you don't have it, there are a lot of intriguing 'couples' poses (and by couples I mean poses with more than just ONE not necessarily romantic).

I will add some splashes and such to the final render.

Edited, to correct a word.

edited August 2014

Okay, I think I've achieved close to what I want with this image.

high_res4-final-1.jpg
    1300 x 957 - 400K
    edited August 2014

Citizen X by the Antfarm causing havoc in the backstreets.

citizen-x-4-smoke.jpg
    1082 x 1298 - 826K
    edited September 2014

Here we have the doctor testing out a new rifle from the set SciFi Weapons Operator Poses

new2.jpg
    987 x 1128 - 738K
    edited September 2014

I was looking for a girder to lift off the soldier, but I had to settle for a wood beam. I suspect were he conscious he would prefer I hadn't found a steel girder. =-) Anyway, I like rescue scenes so I tend to enjoy rendering them.

new.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 1M
    edited September 2014

I've been fooling around with Render Sphere. I also really like Rat Race For Neo Station. This environment is well done, and you can really get a nice moody feel like I attempted with the sniper. Someone tipped me off that you can get some interesting characters if you reverse Genesis 2 Male characters to Genesis using Gen X, so this is Gianni converted back to genesis with a gen 1 skin.

render09.jpg
    700 x 800 - 256K
    edited December 1969

I was looking for a girder to lift off the soldier, but I had to settle for a wood beam. I suspect were he conscious he would prefer I hadn't found a steel girder. =-) Anyway, I like rescue scenes so I tend to enjoy rendering them.

I really like the look on Sarge's face- intent and determined.
    Hmm, I'll have to think about girders- you're right, those would be unusual to find lying around!
    And the lighting with the sphere is good- looks like you've mastered it.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

For the girder, you might want to look at Dex-Soft Games Destroyed City or 3-d-c's Apocalyptica sets over at RMP. The Apocalypica sets are modular.

Also check out Poser Direct and Mr. Sparky's Debris.

In another post you said it took you a couple of hours of messing with the render sphere to get anything decent. How good is the documentation.

Sidenote: Dex-Soft also has Industrial Runis at RMP. MRX3010 has some good ruins as well. Just make sure you get the Poser versions and the ones for Vue. Vanishing Point also has a Ruined City. Geez, we do have a lot of ruins in our asset catalog. All are at RMP.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    [Hmm, I'll have to think about girders- you're right, those would be unusual to find lying around!
    And the lighting with the sphere is good- looks like you've mastered it.

Yeah, I think a villain throwing a girder or a hero lifting a girder off a victim would be par for the course, and a fairly easy prop to make truth be told.

I searched my runtime for appropriate debris to lift off the victim, and only could find a good plank, and a really heavy looking piece of construction from the antfarm 13th floor which looked maybe too heavy for Sarge without a full body replacement, and even then it was a bit wide.. There are off course things like trash cans, and barrels but those are too wide, and make no sense to pin the person anyway at least not as interesting visually since they roll.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:

For the girder, you might want to look at Dex-Soft Games Destroyed City or 3-d-c's Apocalyptica sets over at RMP. The Apocalypica sets are modular.

Also check out Poser Direct and Mr. Sparky's Debris.

In another post you said it took you a couple of hours of messing with the render sphere to get anything decent. How good is the documentation.

Sidenote: Dex-Soft also has Industrial Runis at RMP. MRX3010 has some good ruins as well. Just make sure you get the Poser versions and the ones for Vue. Vanishing Point also has a Ruined City. Geez, we do have a lot of ruins in our asset catalog. All are at RMP.

I'll check those out. I'm not familiar with RMP. IS that all it is called? I will google it and see.

In regards to your question I haven't seen any written documentation. When I click on the item in dim, it delivers a cloud flare error so if there is a pdf, I'm missing it. What I've seen t is all on video, which I haven't completed yet. My render time is somewhat limited on weeknights, so I want to render, and not watch videos.

The product is one of those things, you have to test to see if you like an effect. IT has an included light set, and a light attached to the render camera, so you have to decide whether to use the built in lights.

I do like the dust motes. In fact, I think those are my favorite.

I think the rain is problematic, because the water doesn't impact the ground correctly. I tried to do one where the figure was riding a bike in the rain, and it looks not so good on the ground. If you were doing an above the waist shot then I think you'd look okay. One of the reasons, I would use a product like this was to limit the post work. The rain effect would not be too helpful to me.

Fog looks good though. You can have a light fog or more fog.

It is still worth it for some of the dust and speckle effects.

I would like a more lens flare-y lens flare personally.

I'm still messing around with it. There are lots of features to try and use.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited September 2014

RMP aka Renderosity Market Place. Sold there for a time back in the bad old days of P4/PPP and early release days of P5. Had to give it up due to conflict of interest...

I picked up a couple of products last Flash Sale. IIRC, I received a notice on the confirmation page that the products were not available for the DIM and required a manual download. According to the product page, it's supposed to have a pdf. Some of his pdf's aren't bad but a few are useless.

Post edited by icprncss on
    edited December 1969

Conflict of interest? I'm sorry to hear that. I tend not to buy too much from Rendo, although recently I did succumb and buy some sci-fi stuff... I dislike the site layout, and getting spammed by half naked V4 sponsored ads every time I shop there. I realize she is quite popular with the majority of users, but, I'm immune to V4 and her charms and am often looking for different content.

I prefer PDFs to videos personally. I get more out of written documentation since I can download it and read it at my leisure. I don't see a PDF, but it is possible one was installed somewhere in my runtime. The video is pretty comprehensive, and once you get the knack of it, the product is fairly straight forward.

The challenge is to decide if the effects are something you want. I think I will use about half of them at present. I can see a further expansion with more options might be useful, and perhaps different backgrounds in the future. So maybe this is the tip of the iceberg.

edited September 2014

Haven't had as much time as I liked this week, but here are some test renders using newer content I have purchased. The first guy is genesis, with the fantastic HP triton skin. I haven't seen many male cyborg's lately. I think that skin is fantastic. (although challenging to light with it being all white). The other figure is gen 2, with a combo skin applied, and bio squad expansion pack applied over the tech soldier bodysuit. I really like the bio squad expansion pack is quite well done. I you aren't into the organic body armor you can recolor it using a metallic shader.

lee-1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 237K
    cy-front.jpg
    700 x 800 - 278K
    darker.jpg
    600 x 800 - 342K
    edited September 2014

The new Dual Wield pose set for Gianni is pretty cool. It works well with Genesis as well as Gen 2.

sneak-5.new_.jpg
    923 x 1136 - 588K
    sneak-redone2.jpg
    923 x 1136 - 697K
    sneak8-final.2_.jpg
    923 x 1136 - 746K
    edited December 1969

Those poses do look good- relaxed but still in control.
    I like the white- your lighting was good as the blue glow was easily seen but not overdone. As my favorite color is olive green, I like that one the best :)

I can see why the rain would be a bit disappointing, it's hard to do surface splats. Enter Ron's brushes, eh?
    Sorry I didn't see these sooner but somehow I got unsubbed from the thread.

edited September 2014

Here we are, yet Another Sarge picture. I enjoyed using creature creator on the alien woman on Sarge's right. of course there is Atticus, as the villain in the piece. I very much like Atticus. Great skin and morph. I'm sure we'll see much more of him. =-)

hostage.jpg
    1400 x 1137 - 1001K
    edited December 1969

He makes an awesome bad guy!

edited December 1969

Atticus has a nice shaped head, and he is a bulky figure so that is nice. He has some interesting eye textures, and the facial hair looks good. =-)

edited September 2014

Here we go. Just playing with the sci-fi living quarters. I have kitbashed with the rack from Stonemason's sci-fi bedroom. Really like this set, because, yes, it also has a shower and a bathroom. (You can see a bit of the sink there)

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/sci-fi-living-quarters

final-7.jpg
    750 x 800 - 386K
This discussion has been closed.