What are the oldest purchases in your product library?

People: Michael 3, Victoria 3

Props: Tropical Elements

Environment: The Living Room

Software: DAZ|Studio PC Low-Bandwidth (whatever that is)

Clothing: Basic Wear for M4 shows up first, but my library lists items around the same time that were in the store much longer, like Vixen and Ravyness for V3 and A3, respectively.

I'm guessing a lot of these were freebies that I picked up when I first joined. From what I can gather my first money-down purchase at DAZ were the body morphs for the original Genesis, Michael 5 and Victoria 5, and the Leather Jacket for Genesis.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,642
    edited February 2021

First product I actually bought (having gotten A3 LE for free, along with V3 and M3), were the Aiko 3 Head & Body Morphs and Fortune Hunters (outfit) for Aiko 3.

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • January 21st, 2003. Purchased Victoria 3 Base, Head Morphs, Body Morphs, and Creature Creation Fantasy Maps Pack. All for $90.

I thought this was all I was going to need to get me going.

On the 22nd I was back and purchased V3 'Day Dreamer' Poses, Victoria 3 Character Pack 1, and Ultra Salon Hair. Surely that was all I was going to need. I had hair, poses, and a few alternate characters to work with. I was definitely, without a doubt, all set to go!

On the 23rd I was back and purchased Highpoly Grass And Morphing Terrain Combo Pack, Arthurian Style Bedroom, Victoria 3 Universal Texture Maps (High Res), Hollywood Hair, Koshini, Koshini Clothing Pack 1 - Street Star, Victoria3xprssnmagic, Victoria'S Changing Ponytail Collection.

Thus began my descent into madness.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited February 2021

...actual "purchases" not counting weekly freebies (which were free for everyone back then) or items from the old Daz Freebie Vault.: 

Characters: V4 Pro bunde and Teen Ashley Megapack.
    Props:  The Firearm Pack.
    Environment: The Backstreets
    Clothing: Karuki Ourfit for A3
    Hair:  Amiel Hair 
    Software:  Bryce 6.3.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,215
    edited February 2021

Warlords: Michael 2.0 Barbarian Sept. 2, 2003

Screenshot 2021-02-26 184959.jpg
    792 x 323 - 54K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited February 2021

If you mean which of my products is oldest irregardless of when I purchased it then Victoria 2 sku 83 (although I also later got Victoria 1 as part of Mimic Lite 3.1)

but if you mean which product did I buy first then Bryce 5.5 which was free or the first non-free one was Bryce Landscaping kit.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

My first purchase 04-20-2007 victoria 3 & micheal 3  my second was A3 with a3 xin xin I can't believe how long ago that is ..dang

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,441
    edited February 2021

I came to Daz3D looking for Bryce 5.5 to update from my metacreations Bryce 4  picked up the free daz studio 2.3  and the rest as they say is history. Those are the bottom two entries in the product library.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

FirstBastion said:

I came to Daz3D looking for Bryce 5.5 to update from my metacreations Bryce 4  picked up the free daz studio 2.3  and the rest as they say is history. Those are the bottom two entries in the product library.

Same here... I think there was a link through CNET?... When I found DAZ I thought it was a scam with the free Bryce 5.5 and free DAZ Studio and free models... it took me almost a year to actually trust the site and get Bryce... It was probably the forums that convinced me the site was legit.

edited February 2021

...yeah my first version of Daz was 1.7 that I downloaded back in 2007 and started playing around with. The oldest installer I have archived is for ver. 1.8 (and I have it installed on this system just for the nostalgia).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2021

My oldest purchase came on a CD : Victoria (aka Millennium Woman), Yup, I got it in the mail.

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    edited February 2021

First product I purchased from DAZ was the https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-vicki-set-for-victoria-3-0

on 2005-11-06 for Poser since I was a Poser only user back then (didn't start using DS till 2011). Then a few days later I realized I needed the morphs for V3 to change any shapes, so I got those and the ones for M3.

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,071

09-12-2005 V3 head and body morphs, V3 base (free!) and M3 base (also free) and a monthly PC membership.

Followed by Apartment 39 and it's expansion pack and The Study with all 3 add-ons.

And then on the 16th I bought clothes . . .

..well, if they were in the apartment with the blinds closed I guess that would have been OK. 

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Hexagon 2.5 and Power Pixie....a long time ago in a previous milennium.....

• Victoria 1 Reduced Resolution Figure and Victoria Sample Maps are the first purchases listed in my product library, from 2002. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,277

My Prduct library is truncated but in the olden times when you  have Daz3d burn your product library to cd's so I have some Posette stuff....

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

April 2002 Poser4MemoryUpdate. When the Poser people realised that limiting Poser to 2GB of sys RAM needed updating. My first rendering machine had 2MB of RAM and needed the update when I went to 4GB.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92

Victoria 2.0 on May 10, 2001.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

christmas havoc bundle.  fell in love aiko3 ice princess.  still love her.heart

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,129
    edited February 2021

First product I purchased from DAZ was the https://www.daz3d.com/glamorous-vicki-set-for-victoria-3-0

on 2005-11-06 for Poser...

My first purchase too. 15 Dec 2004. Up 'til then I had only used Posette and the Dork from Poser 4. Most recent use of GV3 on a V3 base was last December, so I have probably got my money's worth. Now have the character on a G8F base.

Regards

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited February 2021

Well I collected two or three products back before 2002 came about but I don't have the receipts for those any more. If I look when I opened a new account on Aug 15 2009 I got some freebies but I didn't actually buy anything until 13 Sep 2009 and that was the aniMate Monster Pack Sampler. Until Mar 2016 I didn't buy much of anything.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

I've been using DS since the first public beta was released, mostly with the included content and freebies at first.

My first non-free purchases here (beside monthly PC membership) were Stephanie Petite base and starter pack, the MFD for SP3, the kimono expansion for SP3 MFD and a texture set for it. That was in June 2004. Next few purchases were mostly PC hair and clothes for SP3. 
    The first set I purchased was The Study with its expansion.

First software purchase was in September 2004 when I bought the "PC 3D starter bundle" which included Bryce 5 and the "turbo importer" to get content from DS to Bryce.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,798

Bit of a late starter compared to others here, first purchases were Victoria 4.2 Starter Bundle, GOM V4 Male Morphs, Michael 4 Base

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    edited February 2021
    2002-06-20: Gorilla LE I do not even remember I bought it, LOL
    Post edited by Hemi426 on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

My oldest order in my product library included Blacker Magic for Millennium Girls: PT, Castle, and Multiplane Cyclorama on November 9, 2003.

They are not the first things I purchased from DAZ though. Probably in 2002 or early 2003 I had purchased the Millennium Girls, a character and outfit by Handspan Studios(Kalia? Kaila?), and a couple of hairs. In the fall of 2003 DAZ changed their store and some people, including myself, lost records our earlier purchases. I know I visited the Zygote store, but I don't remember if I purchased anything from there.

I bought my first Platinum Club membership on October 19, 2006.

• Millennium Man Michael 1 and Millennium Woman' Victoria 1 on the tenth October 2001

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282
    edited February 2021

The oldest showing is Staff Pack 2001-12-30 https://www.daz3d.com/staff-pack

However I have older items such as textures for Posette and Dork (aka poser male), Victoria and Michael that were purchased when DAZ was known as Zygote that don't show up in my product library

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Fun thread!  However I can't help wonder if you guys aren't ignoring something obvious here ;)

See, my first purchase (I obviously looked it up) dates back to the 13th of August 2013 and it was for.... "Daz Studio 4.x Pro", for a massive $ 0.00! cheeky

But... while writing this I realize that I'm also overlooking something here: there's more than DS around and the market also sells stuff which is usable in other software as well surprise

Anyway, my first purchases were a bunch of freebies but then I got more serious and grabbed some more stuff: Hexagon 2.5 for $19,95, Bryce 7 Pro for $ 19,95 and the Elven dress for Genesis. Truth be told I was still very much the newbie back then (obviously) and I didn't really know what to get. However, eventually I read up some more (I think I also asked some questions here) and bought 2 more things that day which really helped me get started: the Genesis starter bundle as well as the Anime Manga starter bundle.

I suppose this is also where my appreciation for Genesis came from: that's how I got started with all this.

• Well the first things (not including software) is Toon Bot Chomper 2006-07-06 however it was a freebie at the time.

My first actually money spent here was Nina of the Night and Erane on sale for a whopping $3.95 back in 2008-03-19

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,770

Poser Format Exporter (PFE) ... which I still use :)