Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2021

Heads up, if you have Arryn and Onnel clothing from here, lilflame and sveva from elsewhere, OOT from elsewhere, check out Alexaandra's store (elsewhere)  on sale for additional texture sets.

Post edited by Novica on

BTW Moderators, the URL is messed up for the rain boots but it's probably too late to fix it. Obviously that should be an "8" instead of another 3. (Alexaandra has a really cute texture set for these.) 

https://www.daz3d.com/rain-boots-for-genesis-2-3-and-3-female-s

OMGosh did you see the Highway 1 collapse in California? 

That reminded me of when Scenic Highway in Pensacola collapsed in three places when we had 17" of rain. Scenic Highway runs along the bay and it got underwashed. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

Novica said:

OMGosh did you see the Highway 1 collapse in California?

Wow, impressive... surprise

I'm in a quandry. Which I normally am. The reason I don't try all these products which are fancy, is because they never work for me. I'm trying Fluidos Presets Water Planes  and when I click on any of the three scene options, I get a lot of these below: (just one example)  So when I look for the Runtime/Textures, THERE IS NO TEXTURES folder at all. That's with doing it with DIM, and looking at the manually downloaded files.  Very few things show up in any of the submenus either. Anyone got this who can load it and see if your Scenes work under this product?

runtime/textures/alvinbemar/fluidos/particle_opacity.jpg

“Scenes:AlvinBemar:Fluidos:Water Planes” is where you find it in the Content Library.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170
    edited February 2021

Novica I don't have any Fluidos stuff, but I took a look at the ReadMe filelists - that texture map is in the main Fluidos product. I assume you have that installed too?

ETA: The capitalisation of the file in the mian product is different to the one in your error message, I don't know whether that could cause a problem?

PS: That road collapse looks scary!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

There is an Aerial view of the collapsed road.

www.accuweather.com/en/videos/california-highway-collapses-into-pacific-ocean/ndQoRw2z

• NathNath Posts: 2,728

I've installed all Fluidos files manually, so it's hard to check if things are in the correct place.

But:in my experience, if you can't work out the issue, the PA is really supportive (and the users helpful), so you could always ask for help in the product thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/366451/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio-update-2-1-commercial#latest

Nath said:

I've installed all Fluidos files manually, so it's hard to check if things are in the correct place.

But:in my experience, if you can't work out the issue, the PA is really supportive (and the users helpful), so you could always ask for help in the product thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/366451/fluidos-ii-for-daz-studio-update-2-1-commercial#latest

Thanks, I'll get back to it. I'm so annoyed with Daz and everything about it, I've about had enough. Not even rendering much anymore except for my book I'm working on. The new approach of buy expensive only 30% off stuff with jacked up prices to get x amount off other things isn't going to work for me. Haven't bought anything in OVER A WEEK. That's unheard of. I haven't even bothered to test out V8.1 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thanks, I'll get back to it. I'm so annoyed with Daz and everything about it, I've about had enough. Not even rendering much anymore except for my book I'm working on. The new approach of buy expensive only 30% off stuff with jacked up prices to get x amount off other things isn't going to work for me. Haven't bought anything in OVER A WEEK. That's unheard of. I haven't even bothered to test out V8.1 

yes Agree with you there.  Then there is the price that is shown on the intro page at eight or more hours past store reset and if you come back at the end of the day, it's gone up.  Both times, there was something I was moderately interested in, they went from 51% off to 30%.  It was easy to go from, sure I'll purchase it, to wishlist.

edited February 2021

Wonder if March Madness is going to be March Meh. At least some of the stuff from this past month will have lost the new status and PC+ coupons will work on them.

Post edited by Novica on

My purchases have slowed right down as well in January (on a generally downward trend, though last December was higher than the previous years) - and price corrections on items that shouldn't have had DO prices don't help. As much as I like the new Materia snow shader, the correction pushed it from "I'll get it Thursday when my credit card resets" to "ouch, that's a bit on the expensive side; I'll wait..."

But I'm playing with older stuff, sorting runtimes (things like moving G8 characters that I only have cause they were part of a bundle to a separate runtime to speed up loading characters a bit), finally getting round to doing a download of everything I ever bought from the other store, playing with Blender, etc. Not tired of 3D, but finally really getting rid a bit more of the 'ooh, shiny' mindset.

Right when I say I'm not buying much, along comes the bulldog cutie. So yep, I bought. But even with a 30% off banner, it was cheaper for me to just get what I wanted from the dog bundle. I didn't want the dog parka, would never use it. I think I got everything else (got poses, dog park, dog bowl props, the vests, and Baxter.) That all came to 31.83 compared to 53 something, but now I see it's 50% and   76.91   so the price shot up!

Same here, but I only got Baxter and the parka - the bowls are cute, but a dog bowl is easy to make in Blender (so I noped myself on them).

Cris has sent an inquiry as to what the price is supposed to be. 
    I have dog bowls from HiveWire too, I think. You're talented and I'm not LOL. The items were going 66% off for me and the bowls $5.37 so it was a no-brainer for me. :)  I'm not sure what was (or maybe still is) doing what, but I'd test the cart on multiple promos and see what each one currently is in the cart. 

More persistent than talented LOL

Stuff went to 66% for me as well, but I am being a bit strict with myself, and there were new PC-items I wanted as well. Of course, I realise I've now pretty much committed myself to modelling a dog bowl too...

Nath said:

More persistent than talented LOL

Stuff went to 66% for me as well, but I am being a bit strict with myself, and there were new PC-items I wanted as well. Of course, I realise I've now pretty much committed myself to modelling a dog bowl too...

Yep, and you're going to show us, of course  devil 

edited February 2021

If it comes out reasonably well, I might even put it up as a freebie...

But first, to work. No play until tonight...angel

Post edited by Nath on

I have to wonder what the marketing department is thinking.  I received a banner for 30% off for owning two products.  However, the bundle is still something like $13 more than if I purchase all of the products separately.  As for the add-ons, I own them already.  Another recycle sale.  I'll probably pick up Baxter and the poses today.  I'm fine without the rest.

Quick and dirty (and way too high-poly), one cheap plastic dog bowl, modelled in Blender, material in Studio.

bowl.jpg
    1050 x 906 - 590K

Are you serious @nath  ???? That's amazing!!!! With the Iray ceramic shaders it would be perfect heart

Thanks:-) But before it deserves praise, I'd have to clean up the geometry - there's n-gons all over the place and it's not yet uv-mapped. Maybe I should properly finish it over the weekend *g*

But yeah, being able to model even simple stuff helps in cutting down the spending urge.

Also, Baxter wants to know where his dinner is... (now with a Ceramic shader)

baxter ceramic bowl.jpg
    1050 x 906 - 788K

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

FWI  Over at HiveWire, there's a forum thread you should "watch" because Rendo is working with HW so all your HW products at Rendo will be added to your account- but it's not automatic. You'll have to do something, which will be announced on the thread. The thread title is obvious. Ken has updated Corvus Corvus so you'll be able to grab that once this gets sorted.

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

FWI  Over at HiveWire, there's a forum thread you should "watch" because Rendo is working with HW so all your HW products at Rendo will be added to your account- but it's not automatic. You'll have to do something, which will be announced on the thread. The thread title is obvious. Ken has updated Corvus Corvus so you'll be able to grab that once this gets sorted.

Thanks.  With it's closure, I haven't back over there.

Nath said:

Quick and dirty (and way too high-poly), one cheap plastic dog bowl, modelled in Blender, material in Studio.

Very nice!  I can't whip anything like that up.

• Nath said:

Thanks:-) But before it deserves praise, I'd have to clean up the geometry - there's n-gons all over the place and it's not yet uv-mapped. Maybe I should properly finish it over the weekend *g*

But yeah, being able to model even simple stuff helps in cutting down the spending urge.

Also, Baxter wants to know where his dinner is... (now with a Ceramic shader)

Looks good 

• Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

Unfortunately I can't log in to Hivewire anymore for some reason 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

You need to go direct to the forum: community.hivewired3d.com 

• SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

All I get is a blank page and a log in pop up and it doesn't accept my info it just refreshes

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,170

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Novica said:

@nath Aw, he's adorable!

You've got a stray "d" in that address - it should be community.hivewire3d.com 

This discussion has been closed.