Sanjay 8

outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
An Indian heartthrob. That's different. Very interesting.

Comments

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

Interesting - the sale page says Sanjay 8 HD will be unavailable after the promotion.  Does that mean the HD set will be pulled from the store after the promotion, and now is the only time to get it?  Or is this a misprint?

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

looks cool from the main promos that can see still getting swirlies. And you get the HD free for a limited time again YAY :) course that'll anger some and refuse to buy him - me thank you Daz for offering free HD again. Oh and because I bought so many pro bundles get $70 off daz orig' replaces the $30 again thank you. Have to wait till aftr work or tomorrow to cart take me a while to pick and swirlies to settle me thinks. Of course you know what this means the next big release wil be Sanjay's female counter part think she'll be pretty nice instant grab. As said swirlies so can't see prodocts/add ons yet but I'm wondering if since the new live action version of Alladin is coming whether anything inspired by that and for Sanjay's female counter part next

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

surpriseheart

I love this... I don't think I can get this right now... frown I will have to see if I can arrange it before the promo ends...

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

Love it already! The first Indian major character (I think) yes

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

Interesting - the sale page says Sanjay 8 HD will be unavailable after the promotion.  Does that mean the HD set will be pulled from the store after the promotion, and now is the only time to get it?  Or is this a misprint?

that it is being offered free if you buy the starter or pro bundle after that you have to pay

• arne207arne207 Posts: 153

Nice! The previously spotted Kala 8 will probably be his counterpart then, given that it is an Indian name.

• CometsComets Posts: 87

Looks really good but it is a hard pass at that price. I'll wait for a future sale.

Dat Iron-Fire outfit though. yes

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

But the actual sale page says "Sanjay 8 HD will be unavailable after this promotion ends";  that suggests the HD set won't be purchaseable after the sale ends.

Sanjay Promo.jpg
    989 x 62 - 95K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited May 2019

i am seeing 66% off the pro bundle, so 46.29 with the additional 4 or more items in the cart.  is that correct - that's around 9.00 more than I paid for the Tika pro bundle. will be waiting until tomorrow to decide if I will buy or not, so maybe some additional discounts will show up by then?  Not seeing the HD in my cart tho, does Daz just add it to your account once you purchase?

I really like his look so far , waiting to see if anyone posts some renders before I decide to  buy.

Post edited by Kharma on
  • cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430

Yeah, after a decent showing on the Tika deal...when stacked with the other sales, I was really surprised to see the Sanjay deal offering so little in extras.  I mean, $30 wouldn't cover more than three of the select recent items.  Maybe this is some sort of prelude to Kala...like "owners of Sanjay, get XX% bonus off Kala 8 Pro?"  Hard to say.  But, I have this feeling that this isn't the whole deal yet.

Hmmmmm.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

So will the HD be in one's downloads if one buys the bundle? It's not listed on the store page. I can't put it in the cart.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344
    JOdel said:

So will the HD be in one's downloads if one buys the bundle? It's not listed on the store page. I can't put it in the cart.

No. You have to put it in your cart. Here is the store page for it: https://www.daz3d.com/sanjay-8-hd-add-on

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    JOdel said:

https://www.daz3d.com/sanjay-8-hd-add-on this worked for me, it is free in the cart when adding the pro bundle.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited May 2019
    JOdel said:

it was listed in the discription of the pro bundle at top of page, as a link. Is it gone? Or here: https://www.daz3d.com/sanjay-8-hd-add-on

Also I'm showing the price of the pro as 66.13 if in the cart by itself, but the total at bottom of cart page reads 69.14. (??) guessing prices a haven't settled yet (mod)?

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    It does seem like a lot of male characters don't get the great deals the females do. That is so weird.

The ladylittlefox hair/beard looks nice. Its cool to see dforce on a short hair, and has a ton of options and colors.

Sanjay looks quite versatile, too. And for once I like most of the promos. They show him off well in a variety of setups.

This makes me excited for Kala 8. They should make a great couple.
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

I hadn't noticed that hair was dforce... if anyone is trying it out, I'd love to know how the performance is, as far as time to simulate goes.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I got a purple bar offer upgrading the $30 in free content to $70 but, ironically, they forgot to specify on what it was dependent upon the purchase of.  Technically, it actually reads as an ad for free product, though, of course, it doesn't show up that way in the cart.  Really, really sloppy though and it wouldn't suprise me if someone didn't force the issue and demand the stuff as freebies. 

As for Sanjay 8... I really like Sanjay himself, but the bundles are mainly things I most likely will never use and the bundle discount itself is weak compared to others. I'll have to think on it for a day or two....    

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 809
    Holy moly, I must be dreaming. What a great thing to wake up to.
    Cybersox said:

I got a purple bar offer upgrading the $30 in free content to $70 but, ironically, they forgot to specify on what it was dependent upon the purchase of.  Technically, it actually reads as an ad for free product, though, of course, it doesn't show up that way in the cart.  Really, really sloppy though and it wouldn't suprise me if someone didn't force the issue and demand the stuff as freebies. 

As for Sanjay 8... I really like Sanjay himself, but the bundles are mainly things I most likely will never use and the bundle discount itself is weak compared to others. I'll have to think on it for a day or two....    

You have to buy the pro bundle, stated at top of Sanjay page: Buy the Sanjay 8 Pro Bundle to get $30 worth of Featured People & Wearables FREE*"

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I hadn't noticed that hair was dforce... if anyone is trying it out, I'd love to know how the performance is, as far as time to simulate goes.

The cool thing about LLF's previous dforce hairs are that dforce is more like a bonus. The hairs come with a number of shaping options to start with, so its totally possible to use them without dforce if you wish. Now I don't have this new hair yet, but if its like the others it may be similar.
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738
    Cybersox said:

Mine says: This offer replaces the current offer of $30 free items found on the Sanjay 8 promotional page.

edited May 2019
    JOdel said:

it was listed in the discription of the pro bundle at top of page, as a link. Is it gone? Or here: https://www.daz3d.com/sanjay-8-hd-add-on

Also I'm showing the price of the pro as 66.13 if in the cart by itself, but the total at bottom of cart page reads 69.14. (??) guessing prices a haven't settled yet (mod)?

Does it show an amount for tax? DAZ just started charging sales ta in some additional states.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I like the character and the bundles; so I'll probably go for the pro bundle. But even with the purple banner offer of an additional amount of free items the deal doesn't seem to be nearly as good as that for previous pro bundles.

JOdel said:

Does it show an amount for tax? DAZ just started charging sales ta in some additional states.

oh it sure does. Didn't realize they were charging tax yet I guess. Thanks.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

Interesting character. I'll have to think about this offer, though.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798

I like the base character but the pro bundle doesn't give me all that much I need. I would need to see some more renders of the two additional character in the pro bundle to decide if they actuall add something, from the clothes only the east indian traditional is interesting for me, plus maybe the dforce hair ..

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    I am totally in love and he is the figure I most wanted. But I would rather have more money off than free stuff thrown in. Going to have to spend some time working out what to buy, I must be thrifty this month.
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,653
    edited May 2019

I quite like him, and will definitely be purchasing, but I was wondering what outfit this is in one of his main promos? It seems so familiar, but I just can't place it. Nevermind, I found it, it's https://www.daz3d.com/eastern-fantasy-warrior-outfit-for-genesis-8-males. Guess that's going in the cart too.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,142

I don't have many male characters in the first place, and the free HD addon certainly helped in my decision to buy this one. The components of the bundle are somewhat interesting, though they wouldn't end particularly high on my wishlist.
    However, what really convinced me, was the $70 appreciation bonus, since I've been looking at the Alexandra Pro bundle for ages. Almost everything in that bundle was high on my wishlist, and buying the components I wanted seperately (after regular discounts) still would've cost me over $60. With the $70 discount and regular discounts, the bundle cost me just over $24. So that was effectively 2 pro bundles for about $90, or roughly $45 a piece. A decent deal whichever way I look at it, especially considering that having recent pro bundles usually adds further discount on future pro bundles.

As for Sanjay: When I was a kid, Sandokan was one of my favourite TV series. Ah, memories. :)

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited May 2019

I love him!!!

He's just great - could have wished for more in the line of robes and longer kaftan outfits for him (the 2 thigh length outfits in the bundle are a bit samey) - really liked Lees long robe outfit (Hanfu) - so majestic, but I had to pass on Lee as no spare cash that month.

Shouldn't the HD addon be under addons? - I'm not seeing it on the Promo page - Some confusion over the offer of it Free during Promo period only, some peeps might assume it's hidden in the bundle. I had to hunt under 'Shop' to find it.

Post edited by GafftheHorse on