Sanjay 8

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 822

Wow, that was a pleasant surprise!

I can still remember in the not too distant past,  certain people would give every reason under the sun why PA's couldn't make more ethnic base characters and that Daz users should just learn the program well enough to "do it themselves".  

Change comes slow, but it eventually comes -- even in software assets.

I'm so freaking glad Sanjay is here. I really love his looks, addons, and outfits. This bundle definitely speaks to my heart. ;-) A really big thank you to everyone involved in his creation. And I love so many of the promo images for him.

surprised at the lack of Sanjay 8 example renders in this thread from buyers of him...

I'd upload one or two but my computer has been bogged down with a project I refuse to stop. But I'm certainly looking forward to messing around with my new Sanjay toys soon. :D

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

surprised at the lack of Sanjay 8 example renders in this thread from buyers of him...

I'll certainly do one, but I can't buy him until tomorrow (payday).

Laurie

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    N_R Arts said:

Very handsome. I would've definitely bought him. But (yet again) it's come at the wrong time (we had to take our cat to the v.e.t. yesterday). 

I hope your kitty is alright. They're our fur babies!  heart

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961
    edited May 2019

I think he's great - really love the diversity now in G8. 

sanjay-test.png
    800 x 600 - 519K
    Post edited by evacyn on
  • EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    AllenArt said:

WHY IS IT that you guys have to mess with nearly every single male release in some way (that you don't usually do with the females), and then turn around and say "Male stuff doesn't sell"? I just don't get it. Well, ,maybe they don't sell as well because you sabotage them right out of the gate....

*scratches head*

Yes! Preach it!

Personally the HD thing doesn't bother me. I think the intended stratagy is to make the people who check sales regularly and pick it up during the two weeks feel special and validated for not waiting, not to punish those who can't afford it or join Daz later. But since I don't use HD it doesn't effect me one way or the other.

But it DOES frustrate me to no end the bad marketting choices made with the male releases that don't happen with the female releases. Mai Lin had a great sale, lots of add-on characters that came out the day of her release and within the 2 week promotion. Lee? He got the shaft. Some of his add-ons came out a week AFTER  his promotion was over, and the deal for his bundle was lousey. I only bought him because I'd already been waiting for so long and he's my favorite.

I did Appreciate the extra items in Mr. Woo's bundle.

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    AllenArt said:

I'll certainly do one, but I can't buy him until tomorrow (payday).

Laurie

Same! But I'm also looking forward to seeing what others do with him. :)

Big thanks to everyone involved in Sanjay and his bundle!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

The idea of pulling the HD add-on after the inital release period is baffling. Does the company think that all the users they are ever going to have are already here? They don't consider that six months from now newbies might not decide they *want* the HD add-on -- if it existed? 

I mean, sure, after the inital release period it's no longer free, but no longer *available*?!

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    DAZ_Steve said:

Interesting - the sale page says Sanjay 8 HD will be unavailable after the promotion.  Does that mean the HD set will be pulled from the store after the promotion, and now is the only time to get it?  Or is this a misprint?

that it is being offered free if you buy the starter or pro bundle after that you have to pay

After 2 week s the HD add-on will no longer be int he store.  It will be disabled.  So it will only be available for a limited time.

OK, makes me glad I bought the charcter and the addon now then.

• Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    caravelle said:
    Leana said:
    Noah LGP said:

Strange fact... Sanjay 8 ($22.03) + HD ($0) + PlatClub coupon ($6 off) = $18.85 ... Only $2.82 off.

Platinum club coupon doesn't apply properly when the cart contains a "free with purchase" item which would normally qualify for the coupon.

Yes, but they should do something about it. I have the same issue with the PC+ coupon, and I sent a help ticket.

This problem has gone on long enough that someone should have fixed it by now. And telling you that you shouldn't use it isn't a fix. With some of the sales like this one where you are picking out your free items I tend to try to get right up to the free amount or even go over, then pay the difference. When one of the free items doesn't get any of the overage cost then it messes with the coupon if we want to use it.
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959

Ooooh... I really like the way he looks - another vile tempter for the G8s!!! :-D  I really, very seriously thought about him, because he is sooo perfect for a character I need... but I just can't afford over $30 US for the base and one skin.  Ouch.  Exchange rates are miserable, and now I am too.  :-(

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    DAZ_Steve said:

Interesting - the sale page says Sanjay 8 HD will be unavailable after the promotion.  Does that mean the HD set will be pulled from the store after the promotion, and now is the only time to get it?  Or is this a misprint?

that it is being offered free if you buy the starter or pro bundle after that you have to pay

After 2 week s the HD add-on will no longer be int he store.  It will be disabled.  So it will only be available for a limited time.

wow ok that is something new different never done that before with the HD add ons will this be for any other HD add ons in future releases being deleted and what of past figures will their HD add ons be deleted too?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2019

Here's Sanjay 8 "out of the box". :) I think he looks awesome! Laticis Imagery and Raiya hit it out of the park! 

I tried to give him a 'cocky' look but I think I lowered his brows a little too far which makes him look a bit sinister here. blush Sorry. 

G8M Sanjay 8 - Out of the Box.png
    800 x 1040 - 873K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

in the main promos of Sanjay is the beard he's sporting come with him or is it the one from Arji? As they look same so I'm guessing Sanjay is sporting Arji's beard which looks good on both - trying to pick which 4 add ons want

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited May 2019
    caravelle said:
    Leana said:
    Noah LGP said:

Strange fact... Sanjay 8 ($22.03) + HD ($0) + PlatClub coupon ($6 off) = $18.85 ... Only $2.82 off.

Platinum club coupon doesn't apply properly when the cart contains a "free with purchase" item which would normally qualify for the coupon.

Yes, but they should do something about it. I have the same issue with the PC+ coupon, and I sent a help ticket.

This problem has gone on long enough that someone should have fixed it by now. And telling you that you shouldn't use it isn't a fix. With some of the sales like this one where you are picking out your free items I tend to try to get right up to the free amount or even go over, then pay the difference. When one of the free items doesn't get any of the overage cost then it messes with the coupon if we want to use it.

For what I've heard it's difficult to fix technically, that's why the don't do it. Sometimes fixing a seemingly simple problem can require rewriting a lot of code with the risk of breaking other stuff etc.. That they're using the infamous Magento software probably doesn't make things simpler.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,741
    AllenArt said:
    DAZ_Steve said:

No personal disrespect intended, but that has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard. To what end does this serve? (other than keeping people who can't/don't/aren't around currently) from buying it? If the new policy is to make them "collectors items" then I'm going to stop buying them right now. ALLLLLL of them. I don't play that, not with non-physical stuff. It's not like the value of the SD Sanjay is going to go up if one happens to have the HD morphs - c'mon. I think you people need to rethink this. It's already woefully unpopular. With all the other troubles you guys have been having lately (botched sales, website problems, borked installs, missing items from installs, etc.) I don't think you NEED anymore hits to your reputation.

WHY IS IT that you guys have to mess with nearly every single male release in some way (that you don't usually do with the females), and then turn around and say "Male stuff doesn't sell"? I just don't get it. Well, ,maybe they don't sell as well because you sabotage them right out of the gate....

*scratches head*

+1000

yesyesyes

oh thanks that makes sense since it's in the bundle missed that, but the two beards do look a lot a like bother fibre mesh too

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited May 2019

Store does seem to make Sanjay 8 Pro worth while-- even though might not use all of it.

Can pick up Christian 8 and a few others for less than buying seperate. 

So what hair is this? 

Sorry if kind of off topic.  Just waiting on hair ID before buying Sanjay

thx

christian-8-00-main-daz3d.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 469K
    Post edited by Tynkere on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2019
    Tynkere said:

Store does seem to make Sanjay 8 Pro worth while-- even though might not use all of it.

So what hair is this? 

thx

It's likely this one: https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-flat-top-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-3-males

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Thanks.  Just checked and flat-top hair seems to be a freebie with Sanjay too!

best

--Bruce

PS:  I don't think your render makes him look sininster. He's like, "Hey baby... Can I buy-ya a drink?" cheeky

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    Tynkere said:

So what hair is this? 

thx

https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-flat-top-hair-and-beard-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-3-males

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,647
    edited May 2019
    DAZ_Steve said:

Can I ask what prompted this plan? This really seems like a bizarre decision that would just sabotage long-term sales. Pity that this experiment is being done on your first South-Asian character, and the male at that. I can't afford it right now, but I'd have been paying for it in the future.

I could understand 'free for a limited time, then pay' but why make something digital as a 'limited (time) edition'?

On a more positive note, Sanjay looks great and has a lot of cool addons so great job on the character!

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • adaceyadacey Posts: 186

Ugh, missed the HD freebie, ticket in with the sales team on that side. Otherwise yes, totally agree that I'm so glad to see another non-white base character done well.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    evacyn said:

I think he's great - really love the diversity now in G8. 

Totally awesome and believable too.

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430

No matter what Daz says about the HD addon today, I can't help but think that it will be available at some time in the not so distant future.  It might not (probably won't) be the same deal...But, it will turn up at some point.  And if it doesn't show up eventually, skip buying Sanjay.  There'll be more stuff to buy. :)

• TomCatOliverTomCatOliver Posts: 195
    edited May 2019

In case anyone is interested what you get after the HD morph is removed from the store, here's Sanjay without the HD.

sanjay-no-hd.png
    800 x 900 - 895K
    Post edited by TomCatOliver on
  • SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

In case anyone is interested what you get after the HD morph is removed from the store, here's Sanjay without the HD.

Cool. Looks pretty good even with out the HD morph. Thanks for sharing that. 

Any chance you could run the same render, but with the HD morph to show a comparison? (If it's not a particularly long render and if you grabbed the HD add-on; no need to go out of your way for it).

• TomCatOliverTomCatOliver Posts: 195
    SBibb said:

Any chance you could run the same render, but with the HD morph to show a comparison? (If it's not a particularly long render and if you grabbed the HD add-on; no need to go out of your way for it).

I don't actually have the HD right now. I was taking things out, and putting things into the cart, then went to the checkout and hit the purchase button in the very same millisecond that I realized I'd forgotten to put the HD back into the cart. I've sent a ticket to see if they could add the HD to my product library. TBH, with non-wrinkly characters, I wouldn't normally even bother with the HD, but if it's free, then I'll take it.

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596
    SBibb said:

I don't actually have the HD right now. I was taking things out, and putting things into the cart, then went to the checkout and hit the purchase button in the very same millisecond that I realized I'd forgotten to put the HD back into the cart. I've sent a ticket to see if they could add the HD to my product library. TBH, with non-wrinkly characters, I wouldn't normally even bother with the HD, but if it's free, then I'll take it.

No problem, and thanks again for sharing the non-HD version. I do hope you're able to get the free HD add-on since it was supposed to go with it, though.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 822

That face looks awesome. Such an intense look.