CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Cherokee said:
    You get a notification when on of the threads you are subscribed to has a reply but nothing after that. The last notification I got was on 4/30 until I got one today from another thread I'm subscribed to but none for this thread and I see people has made posts to it. In the old forum, every post that was made in a subscribed thread got a notification....not now.

Your Control Panel > Email Settings > uncheck Smart Nofication

Thanks, got that done...now...what does that do?

That will send you notifications for every new post, instead of just 1 notification until you visit the thread again.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    Cherokee said:
    You get a notification when on of the threads you are subscribed to has a reply but nothing after that. The last notification I got was on 4/30 until I got one today from another thread I'm subscribed to but none for this thread and I see people has made posts to it. In the old forum, every post that was made in a subscribed thread got a notification....not now.

Your Control Panel > Email Settings > uncheck Smart Nofication

Thanks, got that done...now...what does that do?

That will send you notifications for every new post, instead of just 1 notification until you visit the thread again.

That's cool, thanks.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Surfer Girl!

surfer_girl_2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 404K
    surfer_girl_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 408K
    surfer_girl.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 429K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Surfer Girl!

Nice!

edited December 1969

Bettie of the Week!

bettie_of_the_week_5-8-9-13.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 528K
    edited December 1969

Elita and her ratrod!

elita_s_ratrod.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 653K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Nice work.

Got the parts for my new system so maybe it won't be much longer before I can play again

edited December 1969

Good to see ya back Robert, hopefully you will get to play very soon!

edited May 2013

betsy662 said:
    Elita and her ratrod!

Nice Ratrod. Very realistic looking textures. I love the cemetary background...lol.

:-)

Here's a few for ya...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64435

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64402

We have seen these cars before, but this MAY be some different.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Getting close to playtime need one sata cable to finish new machine then I can start installing OS and software

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Ok, not a render but the first public screen shot of my upcomming model that will be submitted to DAZ3D. I figure this is the best place to share it first. I have to fix a few material zones atm but after that, it should be ready for rigging.

And yes, its based on the Lamborghini Aventador though its not exactly the same. But it does have scissor doors.

2013-05-17_130432.jpg
    1070 x 927 - 176K
    edited December 1969

Getting close to playtime need one sata cable to finish new machine then I can start installing OS and software

Good deal Robert, looking forward to some of your renders.

edited December 1969

Gusty!

gusty.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 1M
  • mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Ok, not a render but the first public screen shot of my upcomming model that will be submitted to DAZ3D. I figure this is the best place to share it first. I have to fix a few material zones atm but after that, it should be ready for rigging.

And yes, its based on the Lamborghini Aventador though its not exactly the same. But it does have scissor doors.

That looks awesome.

edited December 1969

mxstylie said:
    Mattymanx said:

That looks awesome.

Thank you. Atm I am 50/50 as to whether or not I am keeping the scisor doors or not. The hinge I first made did not work out, not even after a refinement so I need a new hinge but I cannot tell if the new design will work or not.

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Latest edition of my "magazine" (and the original as a refresher)... hope you enjoy!

ClassicCruisin0312.jpg
    1000 x 1375 - 455K
    ClassicCruisin0513_full.jpg
    1060 x 1458 - 976K
    edited December 1969

Betty of the week 05-22-13

betty_of_the_week_05-22-13.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 391K
    edited May 2013

equinoxx5 said:
    Latest edition of my "magazine" (and the original as a refresher)... hope you enjoy!

Equinoxx5...that is very cool! Reminds me of the old "Hot Rod" magazines of the 60s. I used to get them as a kid and tape all the pics of the cool cars to my walls...lol.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Super nice model MM. Looks high poly for a smooth finish...I would buy it!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Betty of the week 05-22-13

She so purty!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Mattymanx said:

Super nice model MM. Looks high poly for a smooth finish...I would buy it!

Thank you. The scissor doors were kept and I am working on the mats and textures today.

edited December 1969

Sue's Gassers.

40_Ford_Gasser_Pickup.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 495K
    40_Ford_Gasser_Pickup_n_coupe.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 474K
    edited December 1969

A sampling of Sue's collection of 1940 Ford's.

The first pic shows an overall view of all the different 40 Ford's I have in my collection, some were freebies, some were not, in the second pic you see a closeup of the 40 Ford pickup gasser, this one was a download from the 3D Warehouse, is made for Sketchup 8, while there are other 40 Ford trucks on the sketchup site, this is one of the newer ones, and is a pretty decent mesh to work with, I used the drag slicks off the back of the Big Daddy dragster by Digimation, and the front wheels are the mags and tires from Music 2 4 u, the hood scoop was another sketchup download.

The next car, the 40 Ford Deluxe Coupe, is a gta download, so is also a freebie, if you know how to convert the .dff files to a .obj, I call this one, "Her Black Beauty", and a beauty it is, very well done mesh, very detailed model, the only changes I made to it was to change the tires, since I don't use the normal program for converting the .dff files, the actual materials that come with the model don't work in DAZ Studio, so I depend on shaders, the tires are from the 1959 Cadillac that is on the 3D Warehouse.

The next one is put out by Nationale 7, this is a fairly decent mesh, it does represent a nice "Standard" coupe, not the deluxe model, this would have been the base model of the 1940 Ford coupe, the gasser sitting next to is also the same mesh, I used the Digimation drag slicks on the back, and ADR Speedworks Crager mags on the front, this model is sold at Rendo for around $18, while a decent mesh, it isn't as well detailed as it should be for a model in that price range.

The last one is the Digimation 40 Ford pickup, and is an obvious model of a model, to be exact, a 1/24 scale model put out by Monogram in the early 1960's, the model has had many re-releases over the years, and may even be available today, the 3D model is a very nice, well detailed mesh, is available at Rendo for $13, no engind detail, but the front wheels steer and the doors and tailgate open.

sue_collection_4.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 200K
    sue_collection_3.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 254K
    sue_collection_2.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 220K
    sue_collection_1.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 168K
    sue_collection.jpg
    1900 x 1068 - 189K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

51 Chevy Fleetline.
    All materials redone and rendered in Bryce.

51Chevy.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 273K
    51ChevyALT.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 190K
    edited December 1969

Nice old Chevy there!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

RNRDV8 said:
    Cherokee, that is one radical looking car. I love the paint so I thought I would try to make something similar....but mine kinda looks more like a plum.....oh well, I guess I kinda like it anyway and it was fun trying.

That looks awesome!

Dana

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Ford Hot Rod, again imported into Bryce from Poser, all materials changed to Bryce ones.

HotRodALT.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 342K
    edited May 2013

Good looking renders

Finally it lets me post been trying for two days

Post edited by Robert Freise on
    edited December 1969

Heres a cool muscle car movie, lots of girls too!

http://www.viewster.com/movie/1073-10732-000/american-muscle

edited December 1969

Ford Hot Rod, again imported into Bryce from Poser, all materials changed to Bryce ones.

Savage, nice paint job on the rod.

This discussion has been closed.