CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

1444546474850»

Comments

  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    Renolace said:
    Heres the 1953 Cadillac. I can't believe this one is a freebie, very nice mesh.

    Wow, it looks really classy in that color! Nice job!

    Dana

    Thank you Dana

  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    Renolace said:
    Heres the 1953 Cadillac. I can't believe this one is a freebie, very nice mesh.

    So what background set did you use...it's awesome.

    :-)

    It's called Charleston Sunset http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html near the bottom

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited October 2013

    I have all those but not sure exactly how to use them. I have a skydome like thingy that you apply them to I think. It has a ground also. I did this one with one of them. But I put the flat pic on Ajar's backplate and bent it at the bottom. Not sure just how to use these, but I got tons of them.

    Also....what chrome shader did you use?...it is awesome too!

    :-)

    1940FordDesertSceneDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 238K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited December 1969

    LAST PAGE FOLKS! WE GOING TO "MARK III"

    :-)

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 26,793
    edited December 1969

    no page 100 :coolsmile: is the last page.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 9,558
    edited October 2013

    Is this the last page then? (Edit: I guess not)

    Nice image, Music.

    Dana

    Post edited by DanaTA on
  • RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    I have all those but not sure exactly how to use them. I have a skydome like thingy that you apply them to I think. It has a ground also. I did this one with one of them. But I put the flat pic on Ajar's backplate and bent it at the bottom. Not sure just how to use these, but I got tons of them.

    Also....what chrome shader did you use?...it is awesome too!

    :-)

    I'm not exactly sure how to use them either, but I do get the basic concept of what hdrlabs is doing. the image with a bg ending is a spherical image in jpeg format that is intended to be mapped to the camera as well as refraction rays.....if they include a back plate image then that would take it's place. the ref image is another spherical image in hdri format and it is slightly blurred and intended to be mapped to reflection rays...I didn't use that one, I mapped the bg image to camera, reflection and refraction. the env image is hdri and extremely blurred and intended for indirect lighting. The reason it is so blurred is to reduce noise by evening out the hot spots that you tend to get on reflective surfaces, chrome is a good example of where it happens a lot and anti-aliasing just can't get rid of it.

    As far as the chrome....It's mostly experimental on my part. The basic settings I use are no diffuse, very little specularity and slightly blurred with a slightly less than white color. The heart is in the reflection settings....I use a fresnel reflection set to around 80% at 0 degrees and at around 65 degrees I put in a nice smooth curve up to 100% at 90 degrees. I use off white again for the color with a very slight amount of blue....a little goes a long ways as you can see in the Chevelle render I did I got it too blue. On the Cobra and Cadillac renders I played with ambient occlusion layered onto the reflection to try and get some definition in nooks and crannies and reduce the bouncing between chrome objects, I think I used a distance of around 20 cm.

    I'm sure there are hundreds of better chrome set-ups but this is what I'm using at the moment.

  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

    I agree, your chrome is very nice indeed. Not too bright and mirror like which some tend to be.

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,626
    edited December 1969

    Once the thread hits page 101 we will split it off. That way there is a full page of pg 100.

  • none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

    @music

    Haha, stunt cat or goalkeeper ?
    Another very nice render above. reminds me to start using the Yosimite sets.
    I need to rummage around and find some auto's. That 1953 Cadillac for some reason just crashes on my pc, maybe 8gig is not enough memory. :(

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    Once the thread hits page 101 we will split it off. That way there is a full page of pg 100.

    Thank You Frank!

    :-)

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited December 1969

    @music

    Haha, stunt cat or goalkeeper ?
    Another very nice render above. reminds me to start using the Yosimite sets.
    I need to rummage around and find some auto's. That 1953 Cadillac for some reason just crashes on my pc, maybe 8gig is not enough memory. :(

    Bummer!...does fine on mine with only 2GB of memory. DS3.

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited October 2013

    Renolace said:
    music2u4u said:
    I have all those but not sure exactly how to use them. I have a skydome like thingy that you apply them to I think. It has a ground also. I did this one with one of them. But I put the flat pic on Ajar's backplate and bent it at the bottom. Not sure just how to use these, but I got tons of them.

    Also....what chrome shader did you use?...it is awesome too!

    :-)

    I'm not exactly sure how to use them either, but I do get the basic concept of what hdrlabs is doing. the image with a bg ending is a spherical image in jpeg format that is intended to be mapped to the camera as well as refraction rays.....if they include a back plate image then that would take it's place. the ref image is another spherical image in hdri format and it is slightly blurred and intended to be mapped to reflection rays...I didn't use that one, I mapped the bg image to camera, reflection and refraction. the env image is hdri and extremely blurred and intended for indirect lighting. The reason it is so blurred is to reduce noise by evening out the hot spots that you tend to get on reflective surfaces, chrome is a good example of where it happens a lot and anti-aliasing just can't get rid of it.

    As far as the chrome....It's mostly experimental on my part. The basic settings I use are no diffuse, very little specularity and slightly blurred with a slightly less than white color. The heart is in the reflection settings....I use a fresnel reflection set to around 80% at 0 degrees and at around 65 degrees I put in a nice smooth curve up to 100% at 90 degrees. I use off white again for the color with a very slight amount of blue....a little goes a long ways as you can see in the Chevelle render I did I got it too blue. On the Cobra and Cadillac renders I played with ambient occlusion layered onto the reflection to try and get some definition in nooks and crannies and reduce the bouncing between chrome objects, I think I used a distance of around 20 cm.

    I'm sure there are hundreds of better chrome set-ups but this is what I'm using at the moment.

    So you use Poser. I have Poser 7 but only use it to convert .obj files into .pp2 morphing prop files to use in DS.

    :-)

    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 26,793
    edited December 1969

    Music, you have mail. A PM to be precise. :coolsmirk:

  • bighbigh Posts: 7,068
    edited December 1969

    I can not believe you guys have taken this long to get to page 100 !
    What happen you can't drive :roll:
    Happy Hell O Ween :vampire:

  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

    What do you do when Tommie “raids” the Buccaneer Industries armory and makes off with one of their huge (longer than she is tall) sniper rifles?

    Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

    Added a new light bar to the top of Tommie's truck.

    BFG-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 785K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 1,448
    edited December 1969

    What do you do when Tommie “raids” the Buccaneer Industries armory and makes off with one of their huge (longer than she is tall) sniper rifles?

    Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

    Added a new light bar to the top of Tommie's truck.

    Nice run and hide comes to mind along with shoot first and be accurate

  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,362
    edited October 2013

    "AH...that ain't a knife....**whips out his huge Bowie knife and sticks it in the robber's face**..."now, THATS a knife!"

    (Crocodile Dundee, when the guy pulls a pin knife on him in an alley to try to rob him....the robber ends up running for his life!!!)

    crocodiledundeeknife.jpg
    253 x 180 - 6K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

    music2u4u said:
    "AH...that ain't a knife....**whips out his huge Bowie knife and sticks it in the robber's face**..."now, THATS a knife!"

    (Crocodile Dundee, when the guy pulls a pin knife on him in an alley to try to rob him....the robber ends up running for his life!!!)

    EXACTLY!!!!
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 26,793
    edited October 2013

    Thread continues here

    Mark III Model

    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.