CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited October 2013 in Art Studio

Hi all! Welcome back. This is the continued version of the Car and bike lovers renders thread. Hope to see all of you here again.

Please post any car or bike renders here and any links you may want to share with us all to models or anything pertaining to cars or bikes.

Just be sure not to violate the Daz TOS. Please no nudity as this is not a marked thread for that. Keep it clean.

Thanks,

music2u4u

:-)

ShelbyCobra427.jpg
600 x 480 - 100K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

So glad to see this thread back up and running.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

I tried to use my tablet to message this thread earlier, but I guess everything was tied up at Starbucks, not that I go to starbucks, but I was in the dentists office next door and that server reaches throughout that building, anyway, heres a pic for this thread!

Sundowner001.jpg
    600 x 355 - 164K
  • edited December 1969

sadly i have to use firefox to even post on the new site
    but work continues on the 34

and music please relink to the poser rigging .pdf

edited December 1969

Heres a few more!

Poncho2.jpg
    600 x 355 - 20K
    Poncho1.jpg
    600 x 355 - 25K
    Poncho.jpg
    600 x 355 - 22K
    pink_passion.jpg
    600 x 355 - 41K
    winner.jpg
    600 x 355 - 35K
    edited December 1969

And another!

pickup_at_parkside.jpg
    600 x 286 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Tie It Down and Lets Go!

tie_it_down_and_lets_go001.jpg
    600 x 355 - 164K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

sadly i have to use firefox to even post on the new site
    but work continues on the 34

and music please relink to the poser rigging .pdf

You mean this?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58263/browse/3/PDF-Tutorial/multi-object-model-to-single-.pp2---UPDATED

edited December 1969

So Betsy...where did you get this one? Got a link?

BTW...good to see you back.

Poncho1.jpg
    600 x 355 - 25K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

It's in this pack.... http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65488

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

I was about to restart this thread myself, but noticed that you had finally gotten over here, Cherokee provided the link for the car, I thought you already had Schurby's early cars!

This forum is a mess, and I see also that the store seems to be a real mess!

edited December 1969

Both were new in 58!

both_new_in_58.jpg
    600 x 355 - 37K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Both were new in 58!

I really like this one!

Yup, got the Sharby Early cars already. Haven't played with them yet though.

;-)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I've re-posted the Free Autos list, over in the Freepozitory this time around so folks who don't hang out here can see it and start making car and bike renders.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/623/

Contributions of links to other legally-free land-vehicle resources are welcome there...

edited December 1969
    Full93379.jpg
    800 x 450 - 151K
    edited December 1969

I couldn't resist getting the 49 Ford, the front end treatment is something to be desired, but can be easily fixed, it also represents more of a 1950 model as opposed to a 1949, the materal zones are easy to work with in DS4Pro, however, it seems the doors and the headlights are in the same material zone, maybe find a way to separate those so the headlights don't end up becoming the body color, the dials for the doors work perfectly, unfortunately, the one for the trunk is set backwards from what it should be, so you end up closing instead of opening the trunk, the front wheels do steer perfectly.

in this image, I have the car just being bought by a hot chick who gets off on the classic looks of the car, the profile view of the car is just fine, as is the rear view, the loads perfectly in DS4Pro, however, it is still Poser themed, so what that means is you will be using DS based shaders or shader presets to color this car, I can't wait til I have time to actually hotrod this one!

yard_sale001.jpg
    600 x 355 - 197K
    edited December 1969

Just had to play with it some more tonight!

another_rough_diamond001.jpg
    600 x 355 - 239K
  • edited May 2012

i started with playing in cycles and got nowhere fast
    i still need to figure out how to set it up to render right

it should be better now

34_cycles.png
    763 x 495 - 439K
    Post edited by blender_3d_lover_52ce199f05 on
    edited May 2012

There is much wrong with the 49 Ford. First, the FORD letters have been left off the front of the hood. Also the hood should come to a definate seam down the center, which also goes down the middle of the roof. The hood ornament is all wrong and missing the main part, not sure what that one is. Also, for some reason he has left the side trim off the front fenders, left the two horizontal sections off the front bumper, the gas fill cap is in the wrong place, should be under the tail light section, not above it, and the front grill section is curving down on the top when it should be curving up. The tires should have been white walls and the rims are all wrong looking. Also, the front tire holes in the front fenders, should be flat on the top part, not rounded like his are, and the front grill part is not flat but comes to a point where the hood seam should be in the center. If you look closely at the bumpers, they are tilted inward at the top. Both of them. So the bottom of them should be out farther than the top part, not rounded like his are. The door lock keyholes are missing as well as the inside door locks. The headlights are way too big and stick out way too far, should be flatter, the width of the entire car is too wide and not tall enough, and the front section is too long (look at the front fender behind the front tire), the sides should be flatter, not so rounded, The steering wheel is way too big, the sides of the windshield should be straight up and down, not going inward at the top, more rectangular than trapizoid like his. The hub caps should have a small point in the center, not so rounded too. Also, not sure what color green that is on his, but it should be more olive color, way too bright. Windows could be a bit darker too. And...whaz up wid dat chrome!!!!

Looks more like an old Volvo than a Ford!

So for a model going for $10.00, you would think he would have taken the time to make sure these things were corrected. Look at the photo below and see all this for yourself. Compare them. Anyway, thanks for the link, THAT was cool!

grille.jpg
    396 x 316 - 25K
    ornam.jpg
    493 x 332 - 24K
    sidebig.jpg
    504 x 334 - 38K
    Full93379.jpg
    800 x 450 - 151K
    fordbig.jpg
    504 x 340 - 41K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited May 2012

BTW...to all who post renders, the new site here does not have a resizing feature yet like it did in the past.

PLEASE KEEP THE WIDTH OF ANY RENDERS POSTED TO A MAXIMUM OF 800 !

So...simple planning could you pull your render back in to 800 for us because it has stretched all the text way out to the side...lol.

Thanks.

• edited December 1969

i do apologize to all members for the original image size i did not realize that i had it set to 1160
    and the 49 ford is not even close to being realistic
    when i finish the 42 and the new project a 1965 ford t-bird ill start on a set of 40's models
    if i had the excess cash to get the 49 i would but i dont
    since i dont sell models i cannot justify the expence

edited May 2012

...one more set of pics, they only allow five per post now, not six like before!

The door interior...look where the window roller is on his and how big it is, and look how far back he put the arm rest...just so way off! Also, the door panel should go all the way to the bottom and out to the edges, not like his, and the top part should have more door metal with a piece of trim saying Ford.

The rear view mirror should be square, NOT round like his, the dash should have a speaker mounted in the center, NOT the dash designs he has on his in the center, The speedometer should be facing up so the driver can see it, NOT facing straight way down hidden by the steering wheel, and....worst part is...he has left the entire bottom section, with the ashtray, of the dash off!!!!!

What was he thinking?

dash.jpg
    418 x 280 - 20K
    DoorInside.jpg
    668 x 376 - 26K
    door.jpg
    446 x 287 - 21K
    edited December 1969

i do apologize to all members for the original image size i did not realize that i had it set to 1160
    and the 49 ford is not even close to being realistic
    when i finish the 42 and the new project a 1965 ford t-bird ill start on a set of 40's models
    if i had the excess cash to get the 49 i would but i dont
    since i dont sell models i cannot justify the expence

I agree. I hate to critique the 49 so harshly, but this guy is making $10.00 a pop for selling it. I just think he should have made the necessary corrections before putting it up for sale. He obviously doesn't care though, and it IS selling, so he gets all that money and gets away with it. Just not fair when you have so many nicer cars for free that do look like they should. To be honest, when my eyes first saw this car, I really did think it was an old Volvo for a second. Then I read the 1949 Ford part and I said...HUH?...lol.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    There is much wrong with the 49 Ford. First, the FORD letters have been left off the front of the hood. Also the hood should come to a definate seam down the center, which also goes down the middle of the roof. The hood ornament is all wrong and missing the main part, not sure what that one is. Also, for some reason he has left the side trim off the front fenders, left the two horizontal sections off the front bumper, the gas fill cap is in the wrong place, should be under the tail light section, not above it, and the front grill section is curving down on the top when it should be curving up. The tires should have been white walls and the rims are all wrong looking. Also, the front tire holes in the front fenders, should be flat on the top part, not rounded like his are, and the front grill part is not flat but comes to a point where the hood seam should be in the center. If you look closely at the bumpers, they are tilted inward at the top. Both of them. So the bottom of them should be out farther than the top part, not rounded like his are. The door lock keyholes are missing as well as the inside door locks. The headlights are way too big and stick out way too far, should be flatter, the width of the entire car is too wide and not tall enough, and the front section is too long (look at the front fender behind the front tire), the sides should be flatter, not so rounded, The steering wheel is way too big, the sides of the windshield should be straight up and down, not going inward at the top, more rectangular than trapizoid like his. The hub caps should have a small point in the center, not so rounded too. Also, not sure what color green that is on his, but it should be more olive color, way too bright. Windows could be a bit darker too. And...whaz up wid dat chrome!!!!

Looks more like an old Volvo than a Ford!

So for a model going for $10.00, you would think he would have taken the time to make sure these things were corrected. Look at the photo below and see all this for yourself. Compare them. Anyway, thanks for the link, THAT was cool!

Okay, yes, what you say is correct except a couple of issues, the idea of the point going all the way back on the center of the top is all wrong, it is only pointed to just above the windshield, yes, the hood is too rounded at the top, however, the side profiles of the car are pretty right on for a 49-51 Ford, the problem with the front clip, (and the rear clip to some degree, however, corrections to rear clip will be much simpler), the front grill is an absolute mess, O don't know whether to scrap it and start over or try to correct the one thats there, yes, the front bumper should be much further out from the car, and there should be a front pan there between the bumper and the front fenders and grill, the grill itself should be much heavier than what it on this model, there should also be a pan between the rear bumper and the body, and rear bumper should be out more, also, both bumpers should be heavier than what this model actually has.

As for the side spears, they aren't as big a problem, as side spears are usually pretty easy to make, now the problem I ran into when I pulled the obj into Blender was that the car itself is all one edit zone, so will have to work at separating all the various parts to make it into the car I want it to be, more accurate and not so cartoonish, but one big plus of this model, it works well in DS4, like a lot of other Poser stuff does, the sketchup models of 49 Ford's are horrible, however, I may be able to use some of the parts from those to make changes to this car!

• Budo-sanBudo-san Posts: 1,794
    edited December 1969

American muscle car

musclecar.jpg
    800 x 482 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Italian police car

italianpolicecar.jpg
    800 x 482 - 266K
    edited December 1969

Jeep

jeep.jpg
    800 x 482 - 411K
    edited December 1969

The rocker

therocker.jpg
    800 x 486 - 318K
    edited December 1969

wanna race?

WannaRace.jpg
    800 x 488 - 232K
    edited December 1969

Those are some very interesting renders Budo. I see my 1962 Fender Jazz bass I made in the "Rocker" render. Hope you have been enjoting it.

I really like the Jeep...lol. Wild colors in The Challenger too. So, welcome to the thread. Post as many cars and bikes as you like, and maybe a few links to some models.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Okay, yes, what you say is correct except a couple of issues, the idea of the point going all the way back on the center of the top is all wrong, it is only pointed to just above the windshield, yes, the hood is too rounded at the top, however, the side profiles of the car are pretty right on for a 49-51 Ford, the problem with the front clip, (and the rear clip to some degree, however, corrections to rear clip will be much simpler), the front grill is an absolute mess, O don't know whether to scrap it and start over or try to correct the one thats there, yes, the front bumper should be much further out from the car, and there should be a front pan there between the bumper and the front fenders and grill, the grill itself should be much heavier than what it on this model, there should also be a pan between the rear bumper and the body, and rear bumper should be out more, also, both bumpers should be heavier than what this model actually has.

As for the side spears, they aren't as big a problem, as side spears are usually pretty easy to make, now the problem I ran into when I pulled the obj into Blender was that the car itself is all one edit zone, so will have to work at separating all the various parts to make it into the car I want it to be, more accurate and not so cartoonish, but one big plus of this model, it works well in DS4, like a lot of other Poser stuff does, the sketchup models of 49 Ford's are horrible, however, I may be able to use some of the parts from those to make changes to this car!

Didn't mean to be so critical, and yes, you have your hands full if you are going to split seams here and fix this booger! It would be well worth it though. I love the 49-50 Fords. My uncle had a black one he drove everyday. Had a flat head V8 in it. I loved the smell inside it.

Hey, if you need anything, just ask. I got tons of parts...lol.

This discussion has been closed.