Platinum Club Sale - Issues Report Thread

DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
edited November 2018 in The Commons

In an effort to be sure we don't miss any issues or valid concerns we have decided to start a thread in an effort to have a more expedited way to have any issues reported to us.

Please use this thread to:

Report any Sale Issues You Note (Wrong Discount Showing etc)
Report any Coupon Issues (Coupon Doesn't seem to Apply in the Cart)
Report any 404 Error Problems or Page Problems (Page seems to be Missing, Information Seems Missing from Page, Requirements Seem to be Missing etc)
Report any Cart Issues (Discount not Applying when you add XYZ to Cart)
(Report any other issue related to the PC Sale I may not have listed above that you may note before checking out)

If any of you happen to note people reporting issues in other threads, please point/direct them to this one. The faster we can have issues reported to us the faster we assess the issue, troubleshoot them, and get a resolution.

If you do experience an issue, please report it here first rather than checking out and we can better direct you to what the best course of action may be (whether it be wait as we try to resolve it or whether it be another resolution)

Also of note, when you report cart issues here, please include the following:

A screenshot of what is in your cart
What Coupon/Code/Sale you are trying to apply
What you believe the total should have been
If you required a qualifying item to get the discount, which item the qualifying item was (You can highlight it on the screenshot if that is easiest)

We thank you for you assistance  heart

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

I'll start. :-)

Gift card issue - open ticket #282667 - I got one code emailed to me on the 13th and attempting to redeem it gives "Wrong gift card code". All I need is to have the purchased amount added to the existing store credit.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    namffuak said:

Gift card issue - open ticket #282667 - I got one code emailed to me on the 13th and attempting to redeem it gives "Wrong gift card code". All I need is to have the purchased amount added to the existing store credit.

I had the same problem but when I checked my store credit the money was there. By any chance did you look?
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited October 2018
    namffuak said:

Gift Certificate Code Issues have to be done through the Support System as CS needs to look into the order (which the Moderation Staff isn't able to do). That said, feel free to still report the general issue here since if multiple people have the same issue it changes the nature of the problem from one that may be more localized or a hiccup of the site or internet to one that may be more site wide. 

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

I placed an order this morning for one new release item, the $2.99 special, a half-price PC club renewal, a couple of freebies, and a Fast Grab.  The order review showed the correct discounts.  When I looked at the order later, I had been charged $398.00 instead of about $60.   I confirmed this with the Credit Card company.

I have submitted a help ticket.

Greymom said:

I placed an order this morning for one new release item, the $2.99 special, a half-price PC club renewal, a couple of freebies, and a Fast Grab.  The order review showed the correct discounts.  When I looked at the order later, I had been charged $398.00 instead of about $60.   I confirmed this with the Credit Card company.

I am so sorry that happened to you. This is another time where Customer Service/Support needs a ticket but I appreciate you mentioning you had the issue and I do apologize for any inconvenience. Once an order is put through (like with the Gift Certificate problem above) there isn't anything the Moderation Staff can assist with. That said, the thread is in an effort to catch those problems "at cart" before checkout and try to get them resolved before anyone experiences things like the above. Some things we may still need you to contact support over but we want to attempt to resolve what we can at this level so maybe that won't be necessary.

edited October 2018
    Greymom said:

I am so sorry that happened to you. This is another time where Customer Service/Support needs a ticket but I appreciate you mentioning you had the issue and I do apologize for any inconvenience. Once an order is put through (like with the Gift Certificate problem above) there isn't anything the Moderation Staff can assist with. That said, the thread is in an effort to catch those problems "at cart" before checkout and try to get them resolved before anyone experiences things like the above. Some things we may still need you to contact support over but we want to attempt to resolve what we can at this level so maybe that won't be necessary.

I had started a thread about the issue earlier, it has no additional information, just me ranting, so it could be deleted : )

The thing that surprized me is that the price must have changed as I was checking out, as it looked fine at the time.  I have never seen that happen before.

In the end, it is all Bill Gate's fault!  : )

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by Greymom on
    Greymom said:
    Greymom said:

I had started a thread about the issue earlier, it has no additional information, just me ranting, so it could be deleted : )

The thing that surprized me is that the price must have changed as I was checking out, as it looked fine at the time.  I have never seen that happen before.

Thanks for your help.

Every once in awhile I think the site is oddly haunted surprise I am terribly sorry you had that experience. I will go and try to find the other thread and get that locked for you (I won't remove it) Thank you so much for your patience, Customer Service is lovely and I know they will get this resolved for you heart

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2018

I happened across a bad link in the BYOB 8 thread.Oops, that should have been sales page. The product is "Poker Face" and the correct link is https://www.daz3d.com/poker-face-1. It adds to the cart from the listing page just fine, but the link on that page leaves off the "-1", and the page opens with:

3D Models > Vendor > Poker Face

There are no products matching the selection.

laugh

Post edited by L'Adair on
    Greymom said:
    Greymom said:

Thanks for your help.

Every once in awhile I think the site is oddly haunted surprise I am terribly sorry you had that experience. I will go and try to find the other thread and get that locked for you (I won't remove it) Thank you so much for your patience, Customer Service is lovely and I know they will get this resolved for you heart

The Ghost in The Machine......think what it will be like when we have real AI's..... 

Thanks!  Yes, Customer Service has always been very helpful!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    edited October 2018
    L'Adair said:

I happened across a bad link in the BYOB 8 thread. The product is "Poker Face" and the correct link is https://www.daz3d.com/poker-face-1. It adds to the cart from the listing page just fine, but the link on that page leaves off the "-1", and the page opens with:

laugh

The vendor is Daz. I'm not sure I follow what you are reporting. Could you give a bit more explanation? I'm seeing the -1 on all links I try. Thanks.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Go to the BYOB sale page and click on "Poker Face". It tries to go to this link https://www.daz3d.com/poker-face (without the -1) and comes back "No Products match this selection".

L'Adair said:

I happened across a bad link in the BYOB 8 thread. The product is "Poker Face" and the correct link is https://www.daz3d.com/poker-face-1. It adds to the cart from the listing page just fine, but the link on that page leaves off the "-1", and the page opens with:

laugh

OK I sorted where you were and see the issue. Thank you for letting us know smiley

Go to the BYOB sale page and click on "Poker Face". It tries to go to this link https://www.daz3d.com/poker-face (without the -1) and comes back "No Products match this selection".

Thanks for coming to my rescue, Charlie. smiley

edited October 2018

ROFL I missed Charlie's post though I did managed to find it. Thanks though Charlie for the help, had I not found it, that would have done the trick. Much appreciated. This issue should be resolved shortly smiley

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    edited October 2018

Yeah, I kept trying to figure out what BYOB 8 was since we've only had the BYOB 1. It's on the "build it 8" page....now I get it, lol. I also finally underrstood where  vendor> poker face came from.

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Yeah, I kept trying to figure out what BYOB 8 was since we've only had the BYOB 1. It's on the "build it 8" page....now I get it, lol. I also finally underrstood where  vendor> poker face came from.

I mentiond the 8 because today, (this year?) we have a BYOB for 5 items, as well. I should have provided a link to the page. My bad. blush

And slightly off topic, I think it would be a good idea to sticky this thread until after the event is over, it would make it easy for people to find and report issues here…

We decided to leave it free floating for a bit (at least till more people see it) as people tend to look right past the stickies at the top (I am guilty of it myself - assuming they are all the same ones usually there) We felt more people may see it if its sort of popping up as people use it.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I bookmarked it; and the other PC+ Anniversary threads.  You're right, DAZ_ann0134, I really don't give much look to the stable top threads.  surprise

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    mwokee said:
    namffuak said:

I had the same problem but when I checked my store credit the money was there. By any chance did you look?

Several times . . .

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I'm trying to buy a $1.99 pc+ item, I'm a pc+ member. When I put it in my cart it says my total is .99 cents, when I proceed to check out the price jumps to $8.97 - really needed this for a render I'm currently working on, but I guess I'll just go to bed. :) 

pc+1.png
    1000 x 640 - 138K
    pc+2.png
    1000 x 640 - 123K

I'm trying to buy a $1.99 pc+ item, I'm a pc+ member. When I put it in my cart it says my total is .99 cents, when I proceed to check out the price jumps to $8.97 - really needed this for a render I'm currently working on, but I guess I'll just go to bed. :) 

Taking a look...

edited October 2018

OK me and another moderator tried to reproduce and while the price does go from $1.99 to $0.99 that may be planned as I know some discounts dont show until the item is in the cart. That said, when we go to checkout we aren't getting the price jump so it may be an isolated issue (It is staying the $0.99 for us). If you need the item now there are a few things you could do or try:

1) Double check and be sure somehow during the process it isn't accidentally logging you out (it can oddly randomly happen on occasion)
    2) Try taking the item out of the cart and hard refreshing and then putting it back in (sometimes I will hard refresh again) and then try checking out. It could be there was a hiccup and it corrected but on your end that issue is cached or sort of stuck.
    3) You could also leave the item in your cart and put in a ticket and let them know when you go to check out the price seems to be changing and they can try to help from there to get you checked out at the correct price (Be sure to attach your screenshots to the Ticket)
    4) You could purchase at the $8.97 and then put in the ticket with the screenshots you posted here..that way you get the item now and work with CS to get the difference back again

Test1.JPG
    804 x 400 - 30K

@deathbycanon, I've seen this behavior in the store before. It seems to happen a lot more often during a big sale like this one. Look closely at your first screenshot, the one where the Grand Total is $0.99. Notice that the price listed with the product in the left column is $8.97,. the same price that shows up when you go to the checkout. Refresh the cart page. Usually it only takes one time, but don't checkout until the price listed with the product in the left column is correct.  Then when you continue to the checkout page, you should see the correct price.

At least, that has been my experience here at Daz.

Just so you all know the Horror BYOB is acting a bit irratic at the moment. We are working to try to get it resolved...thank you for your patience heart

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Thanks for that: I'll try to keep to this thread from now on!

The thread URL ended up being changed due to a minor incident..please be sure to bookmark this new URL which is: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/283956/platinum-club-sale-issues-report-thread#latest

jash147 said:

Thanks for that: I'll try to keep to this thread from now on!

Of note the Horror BYOB should now be working correctly.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    mwokee said:

It's been a long-standing complaint by pretty much everyone bitten by it that, when you click on the "redeem gift card" button, apparently nothing happens — it acts as if your click wasn't detected. It has worked, though, and the $$$ has been properly added to your store credit. The lack of visible feedback is an annoyance, but apparently it's going to be a non-trivial job to fix it.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Newsletter says new items added to BYOB. Were there? I'm not seeing anything new, but I might have them all (???).

Ati said:

Newsletter says new items added to BYOB. Were there? I'm not seeing anything new, but I might have them all (???).

Doesn't look any different to me either. I wonder if someone is using the emails from last year as a template for this year…? 
    laugh

This discussion has been closed.