Sakura 8

Comments

• Drops pin into silence
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Doesn't sound like anyone got stuck.

• Well hopefully with any luck I will be posting some new skins for her by the end of the weekend.  

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

I'm just waiting for Giselle's other Sakura male character. XD

• I'm just waiting for Giselle's other Sakura male character. XD

Oh, don’t remember if I added it here, but you can find links to download Aoshi and Sojiro in this thread. :)

Since Singular Blues' script to transfer morphs between G3-G8 now works for me, I've been transferring content across both generations. I'm next going to attempt transferring Sakura's head to a G8M, then on to a G3M. If all goes well and I manage to parent the eyes properly, I may be able to get a male figure closer in look to Sakura. We will see how it goes :D. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,035
    edited February 2018

So I managed to transfer Sakura 8 onto a G3M. I still don't have enough G8M content to be able to experiment a lot, but surprisingly, Sakura's body doesn't look bad on G3M (though I did mix in some other bodies as well). I dialed in the head to 100 and managed to parent Sakura's eyes and eyebrows. The eyebrows, howeve, do not move with G3M's brow, unfortunately, which means that they still need to be move independently to match the expression. I also managed to position the eyelashes. Unfortunately, they didn't follow the movement of the eyes. Which means, it would limit the character's emotions considerably. Therefore I decided to discard them and loaded G3M's "Oh My Lashes".

Here's a what I got (not crazy about him, but decent, maybe):

I also transferred Sakura 8 from G8M to G3M using Singular Blues' script. I tested it and it did transfer fine. I'm going to see if I can manage something better for that generation (since I have way more content there). I'm not in love with Sakura's nose, so I might end up dialing her less in my next attempt.

Kenshin.jpg
    1396 x 2671 - 2M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited February 2018

Transfering brows is non-intuitive. The trick is do not use projection templates if using Transfer Utility, which is the same as not setting the "what type of Item is this" in autofit.

Basically, a template is a figure the target figure wears, but it often has different bones. This allows you to have special templates to give bones to skirts rather than having them use the figure legs. In the case of the full body and hair templates, they do not have the face rig bones, and the brows of G3 and higher are bone controlled.

So not setting a template should cause the brows to be affected by the face rig. 

Post edited by Singular Blues on
    edited February 2018

Transfering brows is non-intuitive. The trick is do not use projection templates if using Transfer Utility, which is the same as not setting the "what type of Item is this" in autofit.

Basically, a template is a figure the target figure wears, but it often has different bones. This allows you to have special templates to give bones to skirts rather than having them use the figure legs. In the case of the full body and hair templates, they do not have the face rig bones, and the brows of G3 and higher are bone controlled.

So not setting a template should cause the brows to be affected by the face rig. 

So I tried this and something incredibly weird happened.

1. I loaded Kenshin then used the autowear function to get the eyes, eyebrows and eyelashes in place. It worked for the eyelashes and eyebrows, but the eyes weren't as successful.
    2. Deleted the eyes and parented them instead. Everything looked good, so I saved and attempted to render it... except that DAZ crashed on me.
    3. Reloaded the scene and the eyelashes had these two weird lines going down. I did a quick viewport render and you can see the black lines. (Look below)

1. Figured that by deleting them and loading new ones the problem would be fixed... I did that, using autowear to get them back into place... but things got even weirder.
    2. As long as the eyelashes were there and unhidden, I couldn't get the figure to render. Not in the viewport (with iray preview) and not in the actual render.
    3. BUT if I hid the eyelashes, then I could render the figure just fine.
    4. Conclusion: I've no idea what's going on with those eyelashes. Eyebrows seem fine, though, and they do follow the facerig now.

AutoWear-badeyes.jpg
    1229 x 4943 - 3M
    WeirdEyelashproblem.PNG
    1594 x 1463 - 1M
  • That isn't bad at all. You thought of using Sickleyield's mporphs to soften out the nose? And that one render over on DA is using Star 2.0 eyes lol. So there are always work arounds.  I will have to find those scripts of Singular Blues. Do they require anything else to work?  

• edited February 2018

Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Sticking with the earlier theme here. 

Just a heads up - You might take that down before the mods do. Nudity is against the forum rules. 

• edited February 2018

Thanks for that.. 

Will they get irked with a link instead?  -chuckles- I haven't  posted a render in almost 13 years with a mature tag and almost get nailed. 

• Transfering brows is non-intuitive. The trick is do not use projection templates if using Transfer Utility, which is the same as not setting the "what type of Item is this" in autofit.

1. I loaded Kenshin then used the autowear function to get the eyes, eyebrows and eyelashes in place. It worked for the eyelashes and eyebrows, but the eyes weren't as successful.
    2. Deleted the eyes and parented them instead. Everything looked good, so I saved and attempted to render it... except that DAZ crashed on me.
    3. Reloaded the scene and the eyelashes had these two weird lines going down. I did a quick viewport render and you can see the black lines. (Look below)
    4. Figured that by deleting them and loading new ones the problem would be fixed... I did that, using autowear to get them back into place... but things got even weirder.
    5. As long as the eyelashes were there and unhidden, I couldn't get the figure to render. Not in the viewport (with iray preview) and not in the actual render.
    6. BUT if I hid the eyelashes, then I could render the figure just fine.
    7. Conclusion: I've no idea what's going on with those eyelashes. Eyebrows seem fine, though, and they do follow the facerig now.

I'm stumped too, frankly. I've never tried fitting lashes. I've tried making them, and that worked out okay (could be better), but it takes some thinking about the way the lashes work, which is a bit weird. I'm not sure if the S8 lashes work like the base lashes but if they do, try loading them without a figure, and then zero figure them. They should fold up into tiny lines.

I think they are like this because they won't properly take the morph projection otherwise. Since they stick out from the mesh but need to move with the eyelids, their base shape is rolled up so that morph projection from the lids is what sould first impact them.

It looked like you go a good fit without using this specific method, and the thing about autofit is, what works for one type of thing may not work for another. I know the thing about fitting brows work, but obviously there's issue with lashes. It might be that to autofit, you need to make sure that the lashes are zeroed first. It could be auto fit uses "current" shaping which would tend to mess up the lashes.

Bear in mind, I'm just making this up as I go, but recall that's what I had to do with lashes I made, in the end. In fact, I didn't even load the "default shape" morph until after getting them fitted, though that probably wouldn't make a difference as long as the morph isn't active. Bottom line is, I really don't have clue what's happening.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thanks for that.. 

Will they get irked with a link instead?  -chuckles- I haven't  posted a render in almost 13 years with a mature tag and almost get nailed. 

Nudity or a link to a site which doesn't have mature content filters will always be removed.

• edited February 2018
    Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

Nudity or a link to a site which doesn't have mature content filters will always be removed.

Well no worries and was my fault for forgetting. But then this is the most I have posted of anything on the forum in many years.  DA does have the mature filter and I used on her there.  Usually don't use any nudity after being a part of a serious fight on DA that had the site admins  taking sides over it and some other issues that were related way back when. So stopped posting anything that would need the filter. Just felt it fit with this image. Actually have another skin for her that I was going to use but don't have it finished yet.  

Here is the link let me know if it is still a nono and I will do an edit to remove it. 

edited February 2018
    Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

Well no worries and was my fault for forgetting. But then this is the most I have posted of anything on the forum in many years.  DA does have the mature filter and I used on her there.  Usually don't use any nudity after being a part of a serious fight on DA that had the site admins  taking sides over it and some other issues that were related way back when. So stopped posting anything that would need the filter. Just felt it fit with this image. Actually have another skin for her that I was going to use but don't have it finished yet.  

Here is the link let me know if it is still a nono and I will do an edit to remove it. 

https://noshoba.deviantart.com/

I'd remove it. The image still shows nudity (even if it's only her breast, it's still nudity), so it's against regulations to post the image or share the link, like @Chohole mentioned before above. You can always just link to your deviantart, not the artwork itself.

• Transfering brows is non-intuitive. The trick is do not use projection templates if using Transfer Utility, which is the same as not setting the "what type of Item is this" in autofit.

4. Figured that by deleting them and loading new ones the problem would be fixed... I did that, using autowear to get them back into place... but things got even weirder.
    5. As long as the eyelashes were there and unhidden, I couldn't get the figure to render. Not in the viewport (with iray preview) and not in the actual render.
    6. BUT if I hid the eyelashes, then I could render the figure just fine.
    7. Conclusion: I've no idea what's going on with those eyelashes. Eyebrows seem fine, though, and they do follow the facerig now.

I'm stumped too, frankly. I've never tried fitting lashes. I've tried making them, and that worked out okay (could be better), but it takes some thinking about the way the lashes work, which is a bit weird. I'm not sure if the S8 lashes work like the base lashes but if they do, try loading them without a figure, and then zero figure them. They should fold up into tiny lines.

I think they are like this because they won't properly take the morph projection otherwise. Since they stick out from the mesh but need to move with the eyelids, their base shape is rolled up so that morph projection from the lids is what sould first impact them.

It looked like you go a good fit without using this specific method, and the thing about autofit is, what works for one type of thing may not work for another. I know the thing about fitting brows work, but obviously there's issue with lashes. It might be that to autofit, you need to make sure that the lashes are zeroed first. It could be auto fit uses "current" shaping which would tend to mess up the lashes.

Bear in mind, I'm just making this up as I go, but recall that's what I had to do with lashes I made, in the end. In fact, I didn't even load the "default shape" morph until after getting them fitted, though that probably wouldn't make a difference as long as the morph isn't active. Bottom line is, I really don't have clue what's happening.

Well the strange thing is that every time I save the image (with the eyelashes on), close and reload the scene, I get those two thin lines coming down the eyelashes and across the face. When those lines are there, I can actually render the figure. But when they aren't there (when I autofit and try to render straight away), the figure just doesn't show in the Iray render. Haven't tried 3DL yet, though. Might even be that it's something Iray related.

• Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

I'd remove it. The image still shows nudity (even if it's only her breast, it's still nudity), so it's against regulations to post the image or share the link, like @Chohole mentioned before above. You can always just link to your deviantart, not the artwork itself.

Thanks Giselle.  Although you might want to remove the quote now as well since the link works lol

• Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

Thanks Giselle.  Although you might want to remove the quote now as well since the link works lol

Hahaha I failed to think of that, I've removed it, leaving only your DA adress haha.

• Well I almost have the skin finished for the one you thought looked like a villian lol.  Probably going to change the wings to ones I have a nice stock pile of textures I have made for them over the years.  Nice to see Sickleyield has something nice in the pipeline. :D 

• Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

Actually, Chohole said:

Chohole said:

DA has mature content filters. Nudity is gated.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861
    Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

I think it's fine as long as it's behind a mature content thingy. This doesn't breach any forum rules AFAIK.

• Apparentedly it is still showing up. But not a big deal I will be doing other art with her since I have her as a character preset.  Apparently the people over on DA are liking it lol.  I should change my profile in here so it shows my gallery links just been too lazy about doing it.  

• Chohole said:

Thanks for that.. 

I think it's fine as long as it's behind a mature content thingy. This doesn't breach any forum rules AFAIK.

And it was. I can verify that, not being logged in to DeviantArt, the link took me to their "confirm your age" page.

• Oh, yeah, I was logged onto DA so the "gate" didn't show for me and I forgot about those filters (since I'm always logged in).

• Well considering my age -cough- cough-  I usually don't even think about the filters . Since I do always have the show mature content checked on all websites.  

Blast I am now going to have a question for AM now lol.  Just was messing with some dials with the catalyzer and not sure what kind of preset it needs to be saved as lol. 

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Just to keep things alive, I had time to make a quick render with an outfit I found while organizing!  cheeky  

Anyone working on any freebie anime-ish expressions?  I need to start doing that.  I found the Face Rig controls, and there is a lot of possibilities!  We need some solid anime-teeth as well!  laugh

• Oh I am active. Just not finished with it yet lol.  Also have to wait for payday to pick up a script I need to pull something off. 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

That looks really nice.

I've been poking around with deciding if I want to use Sakura as a base for a graphic novel/manga style project. I successfully got her morph transferred to g8M, which is a step in the right direction.

• That looks really nice.

I've been poking around with deciding if I want to use Sakura as a base for a graphic novel/manga style project. I successfully got her morph transferred to g8M, which is a step in the right direction.

Awesome. That would be step in right direction. The irony here is if we keep kitbashing ways to make her male we may defeat the purpose of someone doing a male companion for her.