Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

Dartanbeck said:

Fixed!!! :)

Not.

I see the same issue as u/stezza and, I assume, u/Diomede.  Perhaps it is because I only have Ca 8.5 installed, and maybe this is why the Ca .zip was removed in the first place :-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198

Yeah, for me it asks for a saved app address but there's no app (Carrara) tagged to it, nor can we select it. It just doesn't work in DIM.

However, the Download available through our Daz Account Product Library contains files that would likely be better served in our own Carrara libraries within My Documents, instead of withing the actual app anyway.

Objects

Shaders

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,198

When I said "Fixed", I only saw that it was fixed in the account product library. Hadn't tried DIM yet at that point. 

Just to clear that up a bit.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 2022

some nice critters in one $3 bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/swamp-dwellers-bundle

video

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Happy New Year! The weekly freebies have a few good G2 items that should work well in Carrara.
    There was a flash sale yesterday and another one today, with items for 1.99. Some older content and HDRI for Carrara and newer for DS.
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2023

Appreciated 3drendero!

I've gotten so used to "conditional sales," that I expected the $1.99 price to require buying some specific (new release) item.  Because of your post, I realized my error, and got a few more items.

So thanks - I think. :)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    You are welcome, even if your wallet does not like me... The Fast grab has about 200-300 items today, mostly G3, but still an unusual amount of 70% off items for everyone. It is usually less than 20 items.

Yes, very unusual fast grab.  Combined with the G3 category sale ($3.99 on the main sales page), this is a good day to pick up some G3 items.

Not sure if everyone is noticing.  About two hours ago, a major part of my 300+ wishlist went on sale, with mostly 80% or greater discounts.  It was the carch-up part of the recent 3 hour sale.

Kind of overwhelming.  Not easy to draw the line, as a lot of these items I'd either not seen on sale, or not lower than 40%.

I haven't seen Daz have a comparable sale in a long time.  Wonder what prompted this?

UnifiedBrain said:

Not sure if everyone is noticing.  About two hours ago, a major part of my 300+ wishlist went on sale, with mostly 80% or greater discounts.  It was the carch-up part of the recent 3 hour sale.

Kind of overwhelming.  Not easy to draw the line, as a lot of these items I'd either not seen on sale, or not lower than 40%.

I haven't seen Daz have a comparable sale in a long time.  Wonder what prompted this?

incompatibility with D|S5 maybe? 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794

WendyLuvsCatz said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Ha!  You win conspiracy theory of the week. :)

Seriously, I remember back in 2016 (or so) when I started back up with Daz again, they had a flash sale that I stumbled upon - 90% off everything in the store!  I don't think that I even had a wish list at that time.

It certainly was a quick (and reasonable) fix if Daz was having a short-term cash flow issue back then.

Yesterday was a similarly memorable sale.  I see that others in the Commons were also surprised at the magnitude of it.

UnifiedBrain said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Ha!  You win conspiracy theory of the week. :)

Seriously, I remember back in 2016 (or so) when I started back up with Daz again, they had a flash sale that I stumbled upon - 90% off everything in the store!  I don't think that I even had a wish list at that time.

It certainly was a quick (and reasonable) fix if Daz was having a short-term cash flow issue back then.

Yesterday was a similarly memorable sale.  I see that others in the Commons were also surprised at the magnitude of it.

I cleared out my bank account yesterday and have also run out of drive space surprise 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I cleared out my bank account yesterday and have also run out of drive space surprise 

My drives are holding up, but my memory not so much.  I'm still seeing products that I think look pretty cool, then realize I bought it years ago.  On sale undoubtedly, with no plan for using it.  There's some pretty good stuff back there ... blush

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

Bought a few extras for my collection !!!

90% off 1 sci-fi item with code. No ifs ands or buts. Todays shop page.

Predatron flash sale

if you need LoRenzo or Loretta or any other loRez models yes

45% off

Freebie with code today, includes Carrara unique items.

Daz are stealing my thunder by giving away some wacky stuff!

a wacky make art button and a wacky case

save about $1,998 on these two .. how wacky is that! surprise

There are Carrara unique items for 1.99 in the flash sale with code today.

New freebies today.

New freebies today.

3drendero must be on holiday. :)

I'm back, new freebies, this time with several Carrara shaders...
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

The Carara dynamic hair product 'Fire and Ice' is in the Cyber-Something Daz Original portion of today's sale.  If you buy a bunch a stuff, you get $ towards items in a sci-fi list (up to $25 depending on how much you buy), including this Carrara hair product.

https://www.daz3d.com/fire-and-ice

New freebies, not sure when they came in.

I also notice that Daz + members (I am not one) are getting some love in the past month or so, after (what seems to me) a few years of neglect.

Most folks here probably know this, but in the Daz+ summer sale tab, there is a $1.99 coupon sale of items loosely related to Kids.  There are several pages.  Many are not Daz Originals, and are not seen in many sales (by me anyway).  Some were even on my wishlist. yes

Some Carrara-optimized skin shaders for some genesis 2 figures are in the lightning deal. 

https://www.daz3d.com/dp-genesis-2-females-carrara-shaders-collection

Diomede said:

Some Carrara-optimized skin shaders for some genesis 2 figures are in the lightning deal. 

I am sorry to break it to you

but

we all get different lightning deals devil 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Diomede said:

I am sorry to break it to you

but

we all get different lightning deals devil