Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

1697071727375»

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    The weekly freebies include a jail set with Carrara shaders.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

3drendero said:

The weekly freebies include a jail set with Carrara shaders.

Yes! The Pentinville Prison main product also has them! ;)

Holiday Sale Freebie by Alvin Bemar includes a version for Carrara

Valles Marineris - Martian Canyon System

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192

Dartanbeck said:

Holiday Sale Freebie by Alvin Bemar includes a version for Carrara

Valles Marineris - Martian Canyon System

Thanks, a good vendor for space type models.  His "Vesta The Great Asteroid" product makes a brief appearance in this 48 Hour Contest animation, at ~1:00:

Awesome! I see I'm not the only person to combine coflek-gnorg and The AntFarm! 

I said to myself in the beginning... oh girl, you should have left Crunch Hardtack at home! LOL

edited December 2023

Dartanbeck said:

Thanks.  Yes, two of my favorite vendors.

I said to myself in the beginning... oh girl, you should have left Crunch Hardtack at home! LOL

Yeah, a sleazeball.  Kind of fun doing his story, not that I know anybody like that.  wink

Post edited by Steve K on
    edited December 2023

Hey, that glowing city... is that Christophe3D's Cyberpunk City?

EDIT: Nevermind. Answered my own question. It is! One day it will be mine too - the Whole Freaking Bundle!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Steve K said:

Dartanbeck said:

Thanks.  Yes, two of my favorite vendors.

Me too. I just got some more from each of them which, of course, fills me with glee! :)

Dartanbeck said:

Hey, that glowing city... is that Christophe3D's Cyberpunk City?

EDIT: Nevermind. Answered my own question. It is! One day it will be mine too - the Whole Freaking Bundle!!!

No, I only bought that product several months ago, the video is a couple of years old.  I'm pretty sure its Tim Payne's "Carrara Skies" using the sky, background and lens flare.  Looks like those products (Vol 1 & 2) have been dropped by DAZ.  They have a permanent place in my Carrara browser.  yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082
    edited January 4

The Victoria Flashback Sale is Carrara-compatible items for 1.99 each, USD.

Example - A bundle of PhilW Carrara dynamic hair for V4 for 1.99    https://www.daz3d.com/carrara-dynamic-hair-bundle

Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

Example - A bundle of PhilW Carrara dynamic hair for V4 for 1.99    https://www.daz3d.com/carrara-dynamic-hair-bundle

yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,711

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

yes

Bought a couple of lots !!!yes

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190

Bunyip02 said:

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

yes

Bought a couple of lots !!!yes

I also bought a couple. yes  And also a freebie https://www.daz3d.com/effortless-v5-poses

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Freebie with code today, includes 11 Carrara items and 1000 compatible items V4-G2.
    edited April 8

I just grabbed the SubDragon Textures pack and discovered that it also comes with Carrara Shaders for each of the texture styles! Sweet!!!

Something cool I've also discovered working with the mighty, legacy SubDragon is that, in Base Resolution (no SubD applied), it is Incredibly easy on the system! Wow! 

In Studio, even if I have the Iray viewport option enabled, I can actually Play an animation! That's Crazy!!!

But it also means that Carrara will have a Blast with this thing!

Just to be clear, the Millennium SubDragon was Daz 3D's first SubD figure using their then new SubD technology which became the foundation for the entire Genesis line afterwards. However, the timing for Carrara users is Perfect! It's using some of Daz 3D's Best Work of the day and, get this, before their figures went from Poser CR2 figures to DUF or DSB or whatever they started changing into - so Millennium SubDragon is Poser CR2!!!

Why is that cool? Because those Poser CR2's have Awesome compatibility with Carrara!!! 

The Textures Pack has Carrara shaders included, but if any of you need help making Carrara shaders for the awesome textures it comes with, just hit me up and I'll work you through it! Serious!

Plus, it's the Only Dragon that I know of that has a Complete aniBlock pack available for it - and the animations are pretty darned cool!!!

I have some of them rendered in this promo video I made (Creative Cart promo below), if you want to check them out - and I have a bunch of links to the dragon and texture pack in my Pestryakov and the Dragon page.

Love you All forever, 

Dartanbeck

In the Webinar that the promo is about, I rendered out examples of each of MysticShard/SimonWM's aniBlock Collection. They looked really cool rendered out with optimized materials like that - and I slowed them down to 50% so we could 'see' the movements better in a single play through. It was awesome!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • therixxtherixx Posts: 91

I did not try as I am reorganizing my runtimes, but I believe that the textures Dart is talking about also work with the LE version of the subdragon. And this LE version should be included in Daz Studio 4, so nearly all of us can use them, even though we do not have the complete version of the subdragon (like me, yet).

therixx said:

I did not try as I am reorganizing my runtimes, but I believe that the textures Dart is talking about also work with the LE version of the subdragon. And this LE version should be included in Daz Studio 4, so nearly all of us can use them, even though we do not have the complete version of the subdragon (like me, yet).

True. The actual Millennium SubDragon really rocks, but I'm sure the LE version does to - especially in Carrara where we can shape it around ourselves if we want.

But to be clear, important parts of the MysticShard/SimonWM aniBlock collection do not work on LE because it's rigged differently. 

But if you really want aniBlocks, you could always break out Millennium Dragon 1 or 2 and just use my free ones. Millennium Dragons 1 and 2 are freaking Awesome Dragons!!!

I also found that the DR Dragons (the ones that make up the full Dragon Clutch) are pretty easy to animate too.

Andf then there's Predatron... oh my! Oh crap... Dart... you're rambling... stop it!~!!

But... I really like talking about dragons!!!

edited April 9

therixx said:

When I tried opening the SubDragon LE in Carrara it came up with an error message.

So I opened that plugin that they give away for free, DAZ Studio, and saved the SubDragon LE as a scene Subset.

This opened in Carrara. While as Dart pointed out it does have a problem with a few items, I was able to use a couple of add-ons on it no problems.

SubDragonLE 2.png
    3816 x 1029 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986

therixx said:

And  have the LE SubDragons  &   yeah these textures fit  +   Thanx

edited April 9

Bunyip02 said:

When I tried opening the SubDragon LE in Carrara it came up with an error message.

So I opened that plugin that they give away for free, DAZ Studio, and saved the SubDragon LE as a scene Subset.

This opened in Carrara. While as Dart pointed out it does have a problem with a few items, I was able to use a couple of add-ons on it no problems.

Strange. I can open the Subdragon LE directly in Carrara from the DS4 content directory. Could it be as I chose a custom folder for DS4 content instead of the default "My Library"? This seems unlikely, but you never know...

Post edited by therixx on

ed3D said:

Very well! :-)
    But surely I would have never thought that the aniblocks do not work because of a different rigging (as @Dart noted)! 

therixx said:

ed3D said:

Very well! :-)
    But surely I would have never thought that the aniblocks do not work because of a different rigging (as @Dart noted)! 

Yeah. I mean... the joints that match will load, but the LE edition actually has its own, different (simplified) rigging.

therixx said:

Bunyip02 said:

Strange. I can open the Subdragon LE directly in Carrara from the DS4 content directory. Could it be as I chose a custom folder for DS4 content instead of the default "My Library"? This seems unlikely, but you never know...

Dunno whats happening, but it refused to open on my computer. If it's working for you then all's good !