Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Karate Girl & The 3 thieves

click to play animations. Best viewed in 1080 HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqlW2GRDj1A

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited June 2020

Don't mess with karate girl!  What, do those guys not have access to youtube?  Everyone knows karate girl is awesome.

Great job, Ivy.  Very enjoyable.  

Post edited by Diomede on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

They certainly should know better. Sometime the lessons are learned the hard way. Good stuff.

Thank you Guys very much for watching and the fun comments :)  I do seem to get a lot of request for Karate girl, smiley

• Good animation and graphics. The footage is clear and realistic.

<a href="https://tekslate.com/">madhu</a>

Happy Halloween :)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    Ivy said:

Happy Halloween :)

Love it :)

Thank you very much FishTales :)

edited October 2020

Screen Shot from the last scene from my Forbidden forest animations 

Gallery

Thanks for looking

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Hi @Ivy. I'm curious have you done any animations in Daz Studio 4.14  yet? I've been playing around with it and using Animate2 has been super slow and buggy even after sending everything over to keyframes. If I skip Animate2 and do everything in keyframes, everything seems to work fine. I'm just curious if you've tried using it and what your thoughts are. Or any tips or suggestions.

Knittingmommy said:

Hi @Ivy. I'm curious have you done any animations in Daz Studio 4.14  yet? I've been playing around with it and using Animate2 has been super slow and buggy even after sending everything over to keyframes. If I skip Animate2 and do everything in keyframes, everything seems to work fine. I'm just curious if you've tried using it and what your thoughts are. Or any tips or suggestions.

No I'm sorry I have not. I have the beta 4.14 but like you said its so buggy it frustrated me to death..lol  So I am still using iray

edited December 2020

Please ignore this post these images are for helping someone in PM with animated texture scripts

1 make a folder for animated textures in your daz temp library folder

2 start script and choice the animated texture script folder where you put you images for the animated texture.

3 do the set up as per instructions that came with the PDF

4  Run script renders.

5 test by moving the timeline scrubber back and fourth. .  now render the animation in either iray or 3delight to finish the scene

7.jpg
    1419 x 614 - 129K
    5.jpg
    2722 x 1069 - 398K
    8.jpg
    1716 x 894 - 301K
    Capture.JPG
    2947 x 926 - 338K
    6.jpg
    2895 x 970 - 352K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

Knittingmommy said:

Hi @Ivy. I'm curious have you done any animations in Daz Studio 4.14  yet? I've been playing around with it and using Animate2 has been super slow and buggy even after sending everything over to keyframes. If I skip Animate2 and do everything in keyframes, everything seems to work fine. I'm just curious if you've tried using it and what your thoughts are. Or any tips or suggestions.

No I'm sorry I have not. I have the beta 4.14 but like you said its so buggy it frustrated me to death..lol  So I am still using iray

Yeah, it's a shame because I accidentally figured out you can render with the 3Delight system from the viewport, I think. I'm still experimenting with that. It's looks like 3Delight, but it's much faster than rendering using the 3Delight render engine. I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. But I'm having to do all the animation stuff in DS 4.12 and then open my saved files in DS 4.14 to see what the heck it's doing. It's frustrating. At any rate, I'm working on a project in DS 4.12 that I hope to render in the viewport in DS 4.14 but not in Filament to see what happens. I think it will be faster, but without the hair transperancy issues that Filament has. Or it could all be a big waist of time.

I seen some pretty cool stuff done with filament on the Internet . it was all the rage on google when it first came out . i have played with it in daz 4.14 Bata few times , the renders remind me of something from a game engine. the way it works reminded me a lot of the 3dl set up specially the lighting. But I had to save my scene like every step I made because 4.14 studio would crash so much I was turning the air blue in my house. so i stopped messing with it,.

The prep & set up times for filament is about the same as Iray. thought using points of light for dramatic back lighting behind props was something I liked in 3delight and with filament you can to do stuff like that a lot to make your scenes look right.so if your use to  scene set up and rendering in 3delight then the switch to filament should not be a hard leap for most people.

right now  I have my iray render times down to around 12 to 15 second a keyframe for complex scenes which is not to bad but a lot of prep time.  Plus its my personal opinion that iray looks better. but as the bugs get worked out for filament and better shader are other improvements are develop i may start using filament. but for now iray is working out pretty good for me .

On Another Subject dealing with animation.

I am a bit pissed off.  I was one of the first people to submit a entry into the renderosity dreams animations contest I went all out on it. But over 2 months time later the Renderosity dev,s  could not get my h.264 mp4 video which they said was required format  to upload to their website. when everyone else could so my Animation submission could not be embedded into the contest & only downloaded as a link...Forget that noise letting a HD high-end animation be downloaded with out water marks.

So needless to say I was told my animation did not get submitted because I was told their website was so screwed up.WTF , pisses me off to no end.. A month of animation work for a 1.37 minute 3d animation to meet all the requirements made specially for a contest that it can't now be uploaded to for submission... Boy that sure feels like the fix is in . does not give much confidence on buying things there for sure,.

I'll upload the animation I made for the contest to YouTube later this weekend after i get done pouting  and pissing and moaning about this bulls****t

it makes me want to scream.

• well I understand you being pissed, prize was probably just Poser anyway (I dunno but seems that their focus now they own it)

edited December 2020

Grand prize for 1st place with Iclone7 pro pipline

2nd place with a borus fx complete suite with continum

My video without a doubt was in the top 2.    the fix was in This is the second time this has happen my halloween animation I made was their a contest they gave me the same BS excuse..The fall animation challenge I tried to get everyone involved it was a waste of time it was not monitored nor was any voting or prizes gave out again I feel the fix was in.

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 2020

I file a formal complaint.on renderosity's contest I feel the fix is in. and I am not happy about the BS that took place.

I was one of the first entries for this dreams od peace contest I submitted my animation and art work on Oct 23rd 2020 at 11:50 pm It was a 1:37 second High end h.264 MP4 3d animations created with daz studio and edited and produced using Adobe premier cs6, everything was made for the contest guidlines.

After 2 months of attempting to get my video uploaded and embedded to this contest, endless emails with the moderator of this event who worked endlessly trying to get this mess straighten out the best the DEV team could do is make my video a download link in a public forum without allowing me to add any water marks or Meta Data . THERE IS NO WAY!!!

I have been creating animations for 20 years I have to constantly trace down and remove my videos that are being stolen that have water marks and meta data, can you imagine what would happen with a high end HD animations that would be perfect for a Covid-19 commercial without a identifier. I would loose my copyright if someone downloaded it without watermarks. I had no issues with embedding my animation into the renderosity website for the contest.   But to offer my video as a download without water marks is just asking to much.

Needless to say My animation could not be submitted to this contest even though I was one of the first entry's.

I want Renderosity and the world to know how very upset I am. I a feel like the fix was in against me and I am very upset about it.  this film would have easily been a top 2 winning animation.

I am called foul. its not fair for me to work a month on one animation for a contest that I can not even be a participant in. & Then be expected to be allowed to let my art work be downloaded to the public with out watermarks or meta data so it could be stolen . Horse hockey

From now on when renderosity has a contest I am going to post this reminder comment over and over on every contest posted in every dam thread of how rigged these contest are, If they are not rigged you have a long way to prove it by me. I put a lot of effort and work into my films for a chance at a top prize & I'm pissed.!!!

Anyway after being told by the moderator that there was nothing more they could do last night about getting my video embedded . I upload my contest submission to my YouTube channel & added watermarks and branding to my film & post it here for you all to see . I am pissed off like you have no idea and this is not going to go way for me anytime soon.

WHAT WORST IS THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME IT HAS HAPPENED.

Can you tell how upset I am yet?

This was my entry that Renderosity would not embed for this contest.

Click to play best viewed in 1080 HD

Post edited by Ivy on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

@Ivy it is true that the rosity website has been Buggered for a while now (constant logouts& re-directs to the front page)

However The imbed code from youtube videos is working to imbed videos within your forum posts over there, so  it is strange to hear they could not sort out how to imbed your entry for thier contest display page etc. sad

edited December 2020

They were also able to embed everyone elses videos  but mine .  which is 1 of only the few that were actually h.264 mp4 format that rendo required.    they did the exact same thing to me for the 202o Halloween contest  & the very exact same thing for the Fall into animation challenge. 

See why I said the fix is in. no one else seems to have any issues & I'm pissed

Post edited by Ivy on
  • is indeed a lovely animation heart

I hope there isn't any crooked business going on just general incompetence crying the latter is pretty rife

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

Hmm ...I  just read over their contest entry rules.

I wont repost /quote any text here.

they dont restrict your animation/VFX software so a person could create a very professional looking video with Autodesk Maya,Blender or Iclone&Mocap rendered in a hi-end engine like Cycles,Arnold,NIVDIA IRay or UE4

However entrants have to scrub that animation of any info that could prove it was thier IP while Renderosity reserves the right to use the videos in promotional material that ,could potentially mislead people about the capabilties of Poser,
    in perpetuity without any prior consent from the true IP
    Holder even if the true IP holder Did NOT win any of the prizes.

Pretty clever way to crowdsource some free potentially high quailty
    promotional material without paying actual money at industry rates.

Sure some of the  prizes look nice however I already own Iclone 7 & CC3 pipeline and when last I looked  My local PriceRite was Not bartering Fish & poultry in exchange for "render farm credits" 

edited December 2020

I wasn't actually expecting to win . I was trying to make my video good enough for getting second place and the borisFX suite. which works great with Adobe premiere s6,  though iclone 7 pipline would have been extremely handy for fx, I had doubts my submission would have made first place for iclone 7 or the kinects mocap suite. would have been nice though But now I will never know if i could have won.  .   But heck even if i didn't win anything I would still have the copyright to my video . once my video would have been offered as a download in a public forum with out a identifiers all bets are off.  You know how that is my friend.

The thing that burns me most is this is the 3rd time they froze me out of a animation contest.   when I make a video commercially for a client i have to report content music, visional media etc. for DMC take down rules ever since coppa went into effect which is a pain in my areas . even Youtube has become almost impossible to post  good animations on.

I would not even let a crappy 3d video be downloaded with out a watermark or meta data.   I've been hit so many times for proof of copyright for this and that that I just make documents out out of habit for protection on my content . 

But this is nothing like that.   This BS going on is purely they could embed everyone else's videos but mine. & then my entry was omitted because I did not want my animation downloaded without a identifier.   embedded in videos have URL Ip trail like you said.

we been around this barn a few times & its my opinion this would have been a great animation to have been stolen. The whole thing was quiet unfair and I am upset about it

Post edited by Ivy on

I wanted to come back and tell everyone that Renderosity had made a settlement with me over the Animation contest disaster. I know its not the same as winning a top place or not that cat has been thrown out the window. . But I do give credit to Rendersosity for working with me and acknowledging there was some major mistakes made in how this contest interacted with their website.  I respect appreciate that they did the right things with me.  so everything has been worked out they could have told me to go screw myself.

This was the animations that was omitted out of the contest

Best viewed in 1080hd

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Beautiful video and wonderful sentiment.  Sorry for all the hassle that Rendo put you through.  Glad that they did try to make some amends.

Diomede said:

Beautiful video and wonderful sentiment.  Sorry for all the hassle that Rendo put you through.  Glad that they did try to make some amends.

Thank you my friend heart I have a idea that rendo felt bad about it to. Still It would have been fun to see how I would have done there were lost of great animations entered .. What thats saying . Stuff happens!

edited January 2021

Karate Girl  The Jade dragon

12:38 Minutes HD Animation

Best viewed in 1080HD  Rated PG13

click to play

Karate Girl The Jade Dragon

Watch along in this episode of Karate Girl as she out smarts the dirty businessman on her own turf and wins to fight another day.

Karate Girl Adventure series of cartoons. 

Created with Daz studio pro 4.12

Rendered with Iray by NVIDIA  gtx1080ti x2

Character Voice(s) Are completely fictional and are results of artificial intelligence technology created with Microsoft Azure Ai scripted voices.  Produced & recorder at my home

Post edited by Ivy on

This is my very first poser 12 animation Using BlackHeart Alyson2 with bullet physics and dynamic hair control and  The walk cycle was done with poser Walk designer for Alyson The man is freak 5 I brought into poser with Dson and used some poser-mocaps BHV files for his animation  The ground is a Panoramic image I set as a background image. from Cake $ Bob   Took me a week to make  & 3 days to render in superfly  edited with Adobe Premiere cs6

I know it is not very much but its a start  Link https://vimeo.com/517664626

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Typical beach scene... cheekyyes.

What caught my eye was the subtle movements of the (not so) Freak, not standig stiff while staring......

On a side note, did you use the DSON importer with P12, or was the import done before on an older version? I haven't got P12 (yet?); not decided yet if it is worth "my" money to upgrade....

edited February 2021

glaseye said:

Typical beach scene... cheekyyes.

What caught my eye was the subtle movements of the (not so) Freak, not standig stiff while staring......

On a side note, did you use the DSON importer with P12, or was the import done before on an older version? I haven't got P12 (yet?); not decided yet if it is worth "my" money to upgrade....

I know I know just another girlie beach animations laughcheeky..lol . I wanted to keep it simple for my first poser 12 animationblush

I won poser 12 for a holiday animation contest this past year . I won poser pro 11.3  the year before  and poser pro 2012 and poser DEV  the years before that. & I bought a really nice DSON script I got a long time ago called DSON editor its stand alone editor  by Demission3D  https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor  so it does not matter the Daz Studio  & poser versions, but it seems to be limited on the characters you can use.  because it does not work for genesis 3 or 8

when I used poser 12  I loaded everything into the dson editor first & used the same set up that I had used for poser 11 previously.  that way I could  load the Genesis character and loaded and conformed the MMA shorts at the same time.  i did not add any hair to the genesis/freak character that is all texture that is painted to look like hair  That guy I believe is Bear for freak 5. I think its by Silver or Jasille. and the animation was a BHV file by posermocap in his spy moves collection. This took like 96 seconds per frame in superfly  I never thought i get this rendered to tell you the truth it was slow as heck.   I used poser 12  to do everything for this demo. The clothing on the th Alyson is second skin with a bumb map by Sveve the pony was Alyson2 pony tail I changed out for some new Superfly mats.  This really was a test of the walk designer.  its changed a bit since poser 8.   I going to give volumetric & particle emitter a try next if i can figure it out.  Like I said I trying to learn whats new and now that flash is not used for the libraries it taking a little time to get use to.

Post edited by Ivy on