Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

love it - that rat is hard to animate

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Another winner, Ivy!  Is your voice actor a member of the union?  wink

What software did you use?  I know you reported Daz Studio in your post, but I read in the Commons that Blender does animation but that Studio does not.  Saw it on a chart.  OK, just kidding.  devil

Always love your work  Saw that you will be doing a Digital Art Live webinar on animating in Studio.  If I am not stuck in a traffic jam on I-95 coming back from the beach, I hope to participate, but I'm afraid the timing doesn't look good.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    Diomede said:

What software did you use?  I know you reported Daz Studio in your post, but I read in the Commons that Blender does animation but that Studio does not.  Saw it on a chart.  OK, just kidding.  devil

Always love your work  Saw that you will be doing a Digital Art Live webinar on animating in Studio.  If I am not stuck in a traffic jam on I-95 coming back from the beach, I hope to participate, but I'm afraid the timing doesn't look good.

My hubby reluctantly did the voice for me so I was lucky to get th few lines i did..lol

I did do animation this completely in daz studio

bigh said:

love it - that rat is hard to animate

Thanks Bigh, yes he can be and that darn mill cat is not easy either.

edited August 2018
    Diomede said:

When Paul approached me to do a webinar for animation it was perfect timing I have been getting asked a lot of questions on animation and even though I am no pro I have been animating with daz since 2010 and have a good grasp of using it.

the webinar is to add to your existing knowledge of what you already know about daz, this course is to get you started in creating animated scene quickly with just using daz studio and the plugins you can buy in the store. I am sure alot of people here know more about daz than I do. But I have a little experience with daz in animation so I'm happy to help Paul out with this Webinar. So thank you very much for the plug :)

For anyone that missed the link in the Daz news letter and you maybe interested in getting started with animation in daz studio ,  you can read about the course here.

DAZ Studio : Getting Started with Animation   Saturday August 11 @ 8:00 pm - Sunday August 12 @ 10:00 pm BST

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited August 2018

Have you ever wanted to bring your renders to life?

With the help of  Digital Art Live , we released a new Tutorial   Daz Studio : Getting Started with Animation

This is the basic information you need to get you started in creating your own story animations using just Daz Studio and available plugins you can acquire at the Daz3d store.

For anyone that has bought this animation lesson and have any questions,  Please feel free to post them on this thread so I can get back to you.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Bravo Ivy!

Congrats on the seminar, product, and successfully making the leap to PA!

I hope your product does well and inspires a new crop of brilliant animators!

Maybe they'll give us our own forum topic again! If so, I'll 'blame' you!!!

cheers!

--ms

Thank you mindsong for your encouragement . your hope is my hope as well :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited August 2018

Oh my - congrats on making it.

You are my favorite animator artist, so it was a must buy for me, even if I do not use Daz Studio,

for trying to make animations.

Post edited by Artini on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

I was there for the recording, and found it very helpful and I learned a ton of things! If there's going to be a follow up, I'm definitely going to sign up for that, too.heart

edited August 2018

Thanks Guys for the great feed back.

@BeeMKay  We are working on doing a more specialize courses in broke down segments, so we can offer it in a more concentrated parts of each step it takes to create animation with daz, Mostly because of the amount of knowledge that it has to cover. I think you noticed the couse you attened moved along rather quickly   Anyway, so far the plan is sometime in October hopefully we will have a more specialized class, on animate2, & how to use the plugins Graphmate & Keymate,    & I have had a lot of request for more details on the rigging & the joint editor. and I want to get into using deformers for creating motions pressure effects at sometime as well so maybe we can do that all in another segment later on 

Post edited by Ivy on

A fun demo I did using animated texture script

https://vimeo.com/287352002

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Nice job! Now if only there were a way to make the clothing rip. At one point, it almost seemed as if the pants were ripping along the thigh.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I couldn't attend but I did pick up the video.  Can't wait to download and watch.

edited August 2018
    Toonces said:

Nice job! Now if only there were a way to make the clothing rip. At one point, it almost seemed as if the pants were ripping along the thigh.

Thank you.  I could have shrunk the clothesa little that may have faked a ripping effect. But this was more or else a demo on animated texture script making him change color.

Post edited by Ivy on
    Diomede said:

I couldn't attend but I did pick up the video.  Can't wait to download and watch.

@Diomede

Thank you for your purchase I hope you learn some new tricks  :)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

How can I put this - wish you luck - cost to much for me

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

This awesome news.  Congratulations on the release of your tutorial. 

bigh said:

How can I put this - wish you luck - cost to much for me

Why would you need to BigH, smiley you prolly know mor than I do about daz animationyes

This awesome news.  Congratulations on the release of your tutorial. 

Thank you very much. I had some awesome help from Paul at Digital Art Live doing this for me. smiley

This is a Fluid animations test done completely in Daz Studio

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WsJMHJf2Bufb1a1OKnvvIuwa7gY-2h4P/view?usp=sharing

• Hey! Congrats, Ivy. I can't wait to start watching the tutorial. I was bummed I couldn't make the live event. I'm looking forward to learning from you. Crossing my fingers that more animation tutorials happen. That would be awesome. Especially the Keymate and Graphmate. I have both and I'm still terrible at using them.

edited September 2018

Hi Knittingmommy  Thank you for your support.

I hope the course helps you this webinar course was set up for people wanting to do a little more with daz after learning what they can do with  still renders ,So  this first one is a beginning point to get you started. , if you have any questions feel free to ask me here in case anyone else may have the same question. .  The plan is to have a webinar course sometime in Oct on graphmate & keymate plugins both and to explore deeper into animate 2 and how to edit sub tracks and save them as one aniblock. there is just so much to learn about animating with daz we had to break it down into segments . Thank you for your feed back :)

Post edited by Ivy on

A Updated Fluidos plugin demo

click to play

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,040

That looks amazing Ivy.

Thanks Fishtales , its a awesome plugin  :)

edited September 2018

just screen shot for helping someone in SMS sorry to make you look laugh

Capture.JPG
    1105 x 623 - 92K
    Capture.JPG
    1732 x 968 - 176K
    2.jpg
    1896 x 802 - 173K
    Capture.JPG
    1917 x 800 - 179K
    Capture.JPG
    1133 x 634 - 102K
    Capture.JPG
    769 x 511 - 24K
    Capture.JPG
    1203 x 336 - 76K
    Capture.JPG
    1835 x 798 - 136K
    2.JPG
    1910 x 745 - 156K
    2.JPG
    1910 x 745 - 156K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited September 2018

Please disregard these picture they are for helping someone in PM get their product pagckaged correctly

blender files.JPG
    1446 x 759 - 94K
    2.JPG
    938 x 858 - 80K
    Capture.JPG
    1898 x 978 - 196K
    retro.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 92K
    Post edited by Ivy on

Some captures on  how to create morphs using the deformer tool  please disregard these pictures this is for someone i am working with in PM

1.jpg
    1917 x 1006 - 136K
    4.jpg
    1404 x 907 - 90K
    5.jpg
    1908 x 985 - 147K
    6.jpg
    1902 x 997 - 151K
    7.jpg
    1903 x 1010 - 145K
    8.jpg
    1883 x 958 - 140K
    edited October 2018

Please disregaurd this post I had to post a screen shot for some paypal settings

Sorry for making you look.

Capture.JPG
    966 x 459 - 30K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited October 2018

Click to play

Description:
    These aniblocks and poses where made specially for the Bugsy 3du toon cockroach character,
    And made to work for Bugsy gang characters as well using just one preset.
    Instructions:
    "Keep Limits Off" when applying poses.
    Aniblocks are drop & drag onto the animate2 timeline.
    the walk cycle can be looped.
    Added Squish morph built into the squish pose and Bug size scale added as a preset for easy scene set up.
    Note:Animate2 timeline is required for aniblocks. https://www.daz3d.com/animate2
    Usage Rights:
    This set is free to use in commercial and non-commercial renders & animations only.
    Do Not resell or redistribution. these poses or aniblocks,
    Do Not include them in other pose & aniblock sets to be given or sold as a bundle.
    Please do not use them in scripts for game engines without my consent.

Happy Rendering

Download hosted at sharecg.com  Link  https://sharecg.com/v/92372/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Poses-and-AinBlocks-for-the-3DU-Toon-Cockroach

Post edited by Ivy on