Art & Animations By Ivy Summers

IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
edited May 2023 in Art Studio

Hi There!

Thank you for visiting me here on Daz Studio. On my art page you'll find a mix of a little of everything rendered in DAZ Studio.  I have been a Daz Studio member since 2010 & I specialize in using Daz Studio software for cartoon animation.  But i post a lot of story-board & scene test rendered art here as well, as art promo's and collaboration work i have done with other Daz Published Artist. 

Please enjoy my Art & Animations, &  visit the daz studio store and download your own free copy of Daz studio so you too can make & render your hearts desire.

My page is always a work in progress & I welcome any and all comment. As a bonus for visiting my page you are free to use my rendered images placed here for your own projects. under creative common licensing.  please visit my website for more information and goodies http://www.ivysdomain.com/

Happy Rendering! 

#IvySummers  #IvysArt&animations  #KarateGirlAdventures   #IvySummersAnimations

=============================================================================================================

The first image series is called "Pirates",one of my first love story series of renders.

Pirate06.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 538K
Pirate05.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 475K
Pirate04.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 390K
pirate03.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 445K
Pirate02.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 473K
Post edited by Ivy on

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited February 2020

(Reserved for future announcements)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Aneet ProductionsAneet Productions Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

I like your animation. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Well done Ivy

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

nice - good work on the BG ;-)

• TJMusicTJMusic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like Ivy's animations a lot :) Cheerleaders are very nice, but many others are also worth watching. I particularly like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDGw-chQc18

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDz3ej84FdA

edited December 1969

TJMusic said:
    I like Ivy's animations a lot :) Cheerleaders are very nice, but many others are also worth watching. I particularly like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDGw-chQc18

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDz3ej84FdA

Thanks TJ .

you may like this one also it uses dynamic clothing from opitex
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s-zWdSorpQ&list=PLFF80205552D7368D&index=8&feature=plpp_video

• TJMusicTJMusic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I've seen this dances as well, just forgot to mention it. The dynamic clothing lookes awesome there :)

• AlfRaMusicAlfRaMusic Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Cool!!! Great to see your Animations here too!!!!! :-)

edited December 1969

Just wanted to add a promo pic for my "New Animation web cartoon series I'll be releasing in a few days, The American Ninja.
    Thanks for reading my post. :)

American_Ninja-_Promo_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 249K
    American_Ninja-_Promo_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 176K
    edited September 2012

Seeming Halloween is coming i thought i post this animation as inspiration for making some new Halloween animation
    this was done with Studio3a
    I hope you enjoy it.

The Haunted Castle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O3R5NfzmU0

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

some more of the series

Pirate10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 351K
    Pirate09.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 396K
    Pirate08.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 312K
    Pirate07.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 491K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

nice wake on the ship!
    Looking good, I want to read the books!!! (they look like book covers!!)

edited December 1969

yo ho ho - where's the Rum
    nice series

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

True artistry, no words are needed. The series of images speak for themselves. I hope to be able to do this with my next big project.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I love the narrative you got going with this set of renders! Great stuff!

edited October 2012

nice wake on the ship!
    Looking good, I want to read the books!!! (they look like book covers!!)

Thanks Wendy for your support. . The wake is my attempt at using 3ds max for something useful.I.lol i made a bunch squiggly obj models into boat wakes...lol .
    The water textures of some of Hobo Bo's at Sharecg. on the nerds water plain.
    The time I'm finished with the series of graphics I'm hope you won't need the book :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    nice series

Did you see the guy totting a run barrel in the last picture :D
    thanks for view BigH :)

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    True artistry, no words are needed. The series of images speak for themselves. I hope to be able to do this with my next big project.

Thank you Jaderail for your positive comment. you guys inspire me, I'm learning new lighting techniques in class and from looking at you guys do in your art. I apply in my renders.,:)

Thank you for viewing and your kind comment. Jaderail :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:

Thank you Spyro, I appreciate the positive comment in my theme i choose.
    I made a couple of obj models with 3DS in some of the scenes in trying to make a little more realistic
    I'll have more to come. this whole series is just a story board i'm building .
    maybe I'll try to render it into animation once i get the story board done. My teacher is also looking into the poser fusion plugin for 3ds, so hopefully I may have some direction in how to use it..lol

thanks again
    ~Ivy

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    Spyro said:

I made a couple of obj models with 3DS in some of the scenes in trying to make a little more realistic
    Made I'll try to render it into animation once i get the story board done. My teacher is also looking into the poser fusion plugin for 3ds, so hopefully I may have some direction in how to use it..lol

thanks again
    ~Ivy

That's really good! I hope your teacher can work it all out :cheese: So it looks like you worked out the scaling in 3ds for daz/poser. I refined my approach to scaling a bit. Now I import a reference obj file (which is from daz, exported in 3ds preset) in the scale of 10.0 not 1.0 This IS the exact scale of daz stuff in 3ds max! Once you build wat you want using the imported obj as a reference, you export as a obj (to send to daz) at the scale of 1.0! When imported in daz it remains the exact scale :cheese: Also something I discovered... Daz and Max are mirrored. When you export say an arrow for instance, in max the point is facing right, but when you send it to daz, its facing left (possibly an error in my export or import settings, but I have yet to work out why this is)

Anyway, I cant wait to see and 'read' the next chapter of your story renders ! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ivy said:
    Spyro said:

Made I'll try to render it into animation once i get the story board done. My teacher is also looking into the poser fusion plugin for 3ds, so hopefully I may have some direction in how to use it..lol

thanks again
    ~Ivy

That's really good! I hope your teacher can work it all out :cheese: So it looks like you worked out the scaling in 3ds for daz/poser. I refined my approach to scaling a bit. Now I import a reference obj file (which is from daz, exported in 3ds preset) in the scale of 10.0 not 1.0 This IS the exact scale of daz stuff in 3ds max! Once you build wat you want using the imported obj as a reference, you export as a obj (to send to daz) at the scale of 1.0! When imported in daz it remains the exact scale :cheese: Also something I discovered... Daz and Max are mirrored. When you export say an arrow for instance, in max the point is facing right, but when you send it to daz, its facing left (possibly an error in my export or import settings, but I have yet to work out why this is)

Anyway, I cant wait to see and 'read' the next chapter of your story renders ! :cheese:

Thanks Spyro
    Once you told me it was normal for the scale to be off between poser and daz using 3DS, I know now just rescale it after i import it and before i add textures. the scale is off by 300% in Daz3a and about 40% in poser. I don;t understand why there so different. but its easy to rescale them to the size i need in daz or poser. then i can re save it in poser format obj to retain the size .
    I haven' t experienced the reversed import ~export with the obj models yet. what I do have issues with is sometimes when i save to Obj. instead of 3ds file. it will sometimes error the save and won't load in any program. its seems to be a random issue too. so I took notes and its something i'm going to ask in class Tuesday. i can see a lot of potential using 3DS in Daz and poser. its just learn how to apply what you make to what program. so I really hope poser-fusion is going to simplify that process. Whats hard is we are also learning Maya at the same time and we are in the obj rigging with kinetics Physic. and I am having a extremely hard time grasping Maya.

edited October 2012

Ivy said:
    bigh said:
    nice series

Did you see the guy totting a run barrel in the last picture :D
    thanks for view BigH :)

I was think it was Wine %-P

edit - Rum barrels come with XXX on them

Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

Well Maya is 'the' program for character modeling in current gaming industry!! Unfortunately in my area (Not in big metro, more like a small city) We were lucky to use the early version of 3ds max 08 I think. Maya is definitely a good one to learn! But I imagine very difficult when simultaneously studied with 3ds max. As some incentive to you about Max, every object/prop/clothing I make is modeled in max then exported to daz. No other program I choose over Max! Hexagon is nothing compared to Max! I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one in the Daz/Poser community that utilities Max/Maya :cheese: Creation is endless!

As a note, Objects/Items I make in Max that are for Daz/Poser - I do all the rigging and morphs in Daz/Hexagon. I haven't (with my knowledge) been able to export such features to Daz.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I would argue with that Bigh (how unusual for me to argue with you :roll: ) Not all rum barrels have XXX on them. some are almost completely plain, some will actually have the makers name on them.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I would argue with that Bigh (how unusual for me to argue with you :roll: ) Not all rum barrels have XXX on them. some are almost completely plain, some will actually have the makers name on them.

I - pour me a wee one ;-P

edited December 1969

Dragon Rider. - free to use as you like

rendered in poser

dragon_rider2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 446K
    dragon_rider1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 414K
    dragon_rider_3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 386K
    edited December 1969

Maidens Pet. free to use as you like.
    rendered in poser

Maidens_Pet.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 316K
    Maidens_Pet.2_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 353K
    edited December 1969

must be her first time fling :roll:

edited December 1969

what a cute pet - does it bite :vampire:

edited December 1969

The Last Knight ~ free to use as you like.

rendered in poser

The_last_Knight4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 307K
    The_last_Knight3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 245K
    The_last_Knight2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 248K
    The_last_Knight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 228K