Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I  have a list of uninstallable products too:

DAZ Studio Products:

a) 3D Universe Toon Squirrel (5358)

b) Big Bad Wolf (4148)

c) The 3 Bears (4164)

Well they sort of mostly install but a few of the installed files fail too. Maybe the installers are looking for an old version of DAZ Studio 3 or Poser?

And various Bryce and other products fall be those aren't surprising as I don't have Photoshop installed but Bryce 7.2 is installed.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145
    Can you perhaps download through connect by going to your "available" or "pending" tab (on not at a computer so o cant recall the exact tab name).
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Northern Winter Village is a steal at 90% off (it was even lower in my cart although I already own it). Here's a few images I did using it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151
    edited December 2018
    RGcincy said:

Northern Winter Village is a steal at 90% off (it was even lower in my cart although I already own it). Here's a few images I did using it.

How do you get 90% off?
    Oh, I see.

Post edited by barbult on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2018

In DIM you can right-click on a package in the Ready To Install tab to delete it. It does sound like a possible cache issue - you could try downloading from your Product Library page, then move the zip into your DIM downloads folder and see it it will work that way.

THAT WORKED!!!!  Thanks Richard! 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Novica said:

In DIM you can right-click on a package in the Ready To Install tab to delete it. It does sound like a possible cache issue - you could try downloading from your Product Library page, then move the zip into your DIM downloads folder and see it it will work that way.

THAT WORKED!!!!  Thanks Richard! 

Great, glad to hear it.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Novica said:

I am sick and tired of this. Two more products are refusing to install in DIM. "Install failed."  This crap is piling up in my DIM. It won't go anywhere. How do I get it OUT of DIM? I am not going to keep manually installing, I am going to RETURN them. This hurts the vendors but my time is valuable too and I am so DONE with Daz lately. It's just annoying me every time I go to do something.

Agreed 100%. I’m afraid to even make purchases if it could lead to having to deal with CS again. They used to be great. Now... Ugh. Not sure if my last rant got deleted or not, but they REALLY have to hire more people in CS who actually read what you write. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

I am sick and tired of this. Two more products are refusing to install in DIM. "Install failed."  This crap is piling up in my DIM. It won't go anywhere. How do I get it OUT of DIM? I am not going to keep manually installing, I am going to RETURN them. This hurts the vendors but my time is valuable too and I am so DONE with Daz lately. It's just annoying me every time I go to do something.

Agreed 100%. I’m afraid to even make purchases if it could lead to having to deal with CS again. They used to be great. Now... Ugh. Not sure if my last rant got deleted or not, but they REALLY have to hire more people in CS who actually read what you write. 

Amen!

Many modern support jobs the workers are required to respond to the customers from a database of existing answers.

Okay did any of you notice what your email said today? For "Introducing Gia 8" the line of print before you open the email says Owners of Star 2.0 or any 3D Universe character that are genesis 2 or 3 compatible get 45:    (and then it disappears.)   There's nothing like that in the BODY of the email. 

I’m testing out Eva 8 now, some of my results here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/294131/eva-8/p4

She is sooooo slow to render and with Cute Bob Hair! I’m doing a forum size test render with a closeup portrait of Eva 8 (with fibermesh brows) and with Cute Bob Hair and at 20 minutes, still at 0% and ridiculously grainy. This on a 1080ti. I have yet to encounter a character and hair take this long. It even crashed DS once. Just a headshot! 

Warning about Cute Bob Hair...  This is as far as I got on a forum size closeup render of Eva 8 with Cute Bob Hair. By 40 minutes, it was still at 0% then my curser started to go wonky and finally DS crashed completely. This on a 1080ti...

Novica said:

Okay did any of you notice what your email said today? For "Introducing Gia 8" the line of print before you open the email says Owners of Star 2.0 or any 3D Universe character that are genesis 2 or 3 compatible get 45:    (and then it disappears.)   There's nothing like that in the BODY of the email. 

That is the message preview. I didn't see it, because I have that turned off. I turned it on to see what you were talking about, and you are right. That is strange, I'd guess they took some old email to modify it for the Eva 8 announcement and forgot to change that, or it is something for the future that they pasted in too soon. 

I'm rendering Eva right now. Wonderland may be having technical issues with her system, but she's spot on about the Cute Bob hair slowing things down. I have a 1080, (not a ti) and I'm seeing an average 9 iterations per minute with the Cute Bob hair. That's only 540 iterations/samples per hour. Just removing the hair Eva was rendering about 4 times faster. I changed to OOT's Rose Hair for now.

I absolutely love Redz Bob, but any scene I use it in will need to render overnight, for sure.

edited December 2018

Eva 8     dForce City Seduction Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)     Rose Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)     Z Fiery and Coy - Poses and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female and Eva 8

This is Eva 8 with Normals On and the Eva 8 Translucency Low setting applied. Her expession is just something I whipped together using Expression Mixer. I'm very pleased with how easy the pants draped without me needing to fiddle with any settings. I did use the Timeline, and kept Eva's hands away from her leg until the last 10 frames of 61. The pants are set to collide with the geoshell bodysuit, and required using morphs to increase the glutes to fully hide the body suit. Without the body suit, the pants fit Eva perfectly. I chose this pose because of the extreme bends in the legs; I wanted to see how well the pants would hold up during simulation. I'm rendering a full body version, and I put back the Cute Bob hair as it will render while I sleep. I'll post that some time later today.

The image links to the full-size, 2k x 2.6k image.

Eva With Rose Hair at 500 Samples, by L'Adair

And here's the full length image. When I decided to render this image, DS had already been closed. I don't know if it was because the hair is further from the camera, or if it's because I closed and then reopened DS, but the full-length image rendered about twice as fast as the test images I'd been doing with the Cute Bob hair. I know I've read others saying it helps to close DS and reopen before doing a render. Might be worth trying whenever using Cute Bob hair. Anyway:

Eva 8 Cute Bob Hair, by L'Adair

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just wanted to mention that my tutorial with Digital Art Live is for sale today if anyone was interested.  Its kind of weird seeing it on the front page lol.

You guys should head over to the Carrara side of town and have a look and vote on this months contest.  Really, really good stuff (horror themed music, I will never look at some of those songs/poems the same again. ) https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/289181/carrara-challenge-43-%E1%B4%A5-the-horror-%E1%B4%A5-vote-now-entries-closed#latest

Just wanted to mention that my tutorial with Digital Art Live is for sale today if anyone was interested.  Its kind of weird seeing it on the front page lol.

Congratulations Sonya, hope it does well

RGcincy said:

Congratulations Sonya, hope it does well

Thanks Rich!  Me too lol!

Just now getting online, was in the hospital yesterday for major surgery and in pain today. Had to be there at 6:30 am yesterday morning and didn't get home until 7:30 last night. What baffles me, and the reason I want to share this is so it helps you too- is that MRI technology is supposed to be really good- precise- and it was WAAAAY off. They went in to remove my ovaries (which are the size of almonds, and showed up that way on the MRI) and they were larger than chicken eggs!  YEP. The MRI imaging was wrong. Needless to say, getting them out wasn't the same procedure as anticipated due to the size. They also took out the fallopian tubes, so I had quite a day. I'm just popping on to say for folks PMing me, I'm not ignoring you, I'm immersed in heavy duty drugs and going back to sleep. :) I won't be online much this week/weekend.  But I wanted you to know MRIs can be WRONG, which really surprised me to the extent they were off. 

@ladair  That is a lovely render, thanks for showing the outfit. It looks very natural. 

• GET WELL SOON !

I'm so sorry you are sick and I really hope you feel better soon. First and foremost take care of yourself.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Eek! So sorry to hear of your troubles @Novica - I hope you will be on the road to recovery very soon.

Wishing you a quick and speedy and pain free recovery!

Novica said:

Just now getting online, was in the hospital yesterday for major surgery and in pain today. Had to be there at 6:30 am yesterday morning and didn't get home until 7:30 last night. What baffles me, and the reason I want to share this is so it helps you too- is that MRI technology is supposed to be really good- precise- and it was WAAAAY off. They went in to remove my ovaries (which are the size of almonds, and showed up that way on the MRI) and they were larger than chicken eggs!  YEP. The MRI imaging was wrong. Needless to say, getting them out wasn't the same procedure as anticipated due to the size. They also took out the fallopian tubes, so I had quite a day. I'm just popping on to say for folks PMing me, I'm not ignoring you, I'm immersed in heavy duty drugs and going back to sleep. :) I won't be online much this week/weekend.  But I wanted you to know MRIs can be WRONG, which really surprised me to the extent they were off. 

@ladair  That is a lovely render, thanks for showing the outfit. It looks very natural. 

Sorry to hear of your problems. Get well soon. I think based on what I was told a couple of years ago about a scan (not my own) that you right that MRI technology is in need of major improvement. When I had reconstrictive surgery on my hear they use CAT scans which were amazing to look at and more accurate too I think but I don't know if such can be used on your and similar type soft tissue scanning problems. 

• Take care of yourself and get well

I hope you recover quickly.

Novica said:

Thank you. I'm happy I can help out here from time to time.

I am so sorry to hear surgery didn't go as expected. Even more sorry you needed it in the first place. May the MRI issue be the only snafu. Hurry up and get well, the sooner you're off the pain meds the better. The darn things can cause nausea and vomiting, something you really don't need after surgery on your abdomen!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Gentle hugs.

Thanks for letting us know Novica. That's awful they were so far off on the scan. Within the past year a former neighbor had prostate cancer that filled 3/4ths of the organ yet a MRI scan just two months prior to the discovery said all was good (it was only found because he had insisted on a biopsy because of PSA test results). Makes you wonder how often that happens with MRI's. Prayers for your rapid recovery.

• Novica I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the pain goes away fast.

It works both ways. A friend of mine was told she had stage 4 kidney cancer. When they operated, they discovered it was stage 1. removed the kidney, and told here they got it all. Then at her yearly checkup, they told her it had metastasized and she needed immediate surgery again. When the surgeon came out of the operating room, he told her husband that she had less than 6 months to live. He said that before the pathology tests had been done. Everything they removed that second time turned out to be benign! This was several years ago, and she is doing fine with her one remaining kidney. All checkups have been good since then. Tests and scans can be unreliable.

This discussion has been closed.