Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

19495969798100»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

@firewarden   Thanks! I really like going to the barn in the late evenings, when the horses are munching their hay. I groom Stetson in his stall and we just hang out and chill with treats (of course.) It's so peaceful.  There's a back deck with a patio table and chairs. (Oh wait, I have one of Elaine that I'll show you. Back in a minute.)  Anyway, Elaine and I spend quite a few summer nights just chilling back there, with Stetson on his lead munching the grass, and her flowers when he can get to them. I have a photo for that too. Back in a minute.

edited April 2019

This says it all LOL.

Why I love the country!

Elaine ALL IN 4x6.jpg
    600 x 400 - 249K
    flowers SQUARE.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 6M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2019

Okay, we're on the last page and getting ready to kick off thread TWELVE.  To celebrate that thread, I will be doing a contest, one I have done several times before.  I'll be back with the details in a little bit. I'm sure some of you know which one it is? (hint: sayings)  

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Fishtales said:
    Novica said:
    Fishtales said:

<----- That picture of me was taken about fifteen to twenty years ago laugh

So you're slightly older than 21 years old too, eh? Perhaps 23, like I am? (And add 40)  Hate those neck wrinkles, but I'm working on those with neck exercises. They do work, surprisingly, as they tone the muscles and reduce the sag. Not all of them, but I've seen a big difference.

I'm 68 past in November and I am trying to get more exercise and get back into doing some yoga to tighten up the loose muscles, grandchildren (5) and life tend to get in the way though :)

You got three years on me I turned 65 back in February

Same here! Cool.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,804

That's a really great looking facility and grounds. Elaine looks like she really cares about horses and their owners.

I'll be 68 in June. My 8-year old grandson was over on Sunday and when I said it was time to end Twister for the night as I was getting too old he asked "how old are you grandpa?" and answering his own question he said "67?". When I told him he was right, his eyes went really wide and he said "that's really is old!" Gotta love them.

• RainRain Posts: 335

I wish I could live in the country and have horses, but I have terrible allergies.  i spent one summer at a farm and was miserable the whole time.  On the subject of avatars, i change mine all the time and I don't think I've ever used an actual picture of me.  I must be the old one here, I'm 72.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Great pics/avatars everyone.  Nice photos for the troops, Novica, what a great idea!

I think I used the first "good" render as my avatar.  Later, I thought hey, she should be smiling not pouty, because I'm not pouty LOL  Too lazy to change it.  The avatar doesn't look like me, but maybe some day I will change it and make it look more like me.

Just thought I'd try out a new S'teampunk" outfit I got from the bi-weeklei feebies, and then paired her up. I used Stephanie 5 Curvy, with 50% Aiko 4  head shape and 50% Aiko 5 head shape with Pure Hair:Timeless amd dresed her in the Xandra for Genesis outfit. It's a very revealing outfit, to say the least, but also very Steampunk. I paired her off with Takeo for Hiro 5, whome I dressed in the Ace of Spades Jack outfit with the goggles from Xandra standing in front of the Steampunk Bike Pro

I really like those combinations of the Curvy and Aikos. Nicely done! She looks like a good partner for Takeo. Thanks for sharing, it's a fun pairing :) 

spuffy said:

I wish I could live in the country and have horses, but I have terrible allergies.  i spent one summer at a farm and was miserable the whole time.  On the subject of avatars, i change mine all the time and I don't think I've ever used an actual picture of me.  I must be the old one here, I'm 72.

You're old-ER, not old  :) 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237

And only as old as you feel

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,025
    edited April 2019

My Grandchildren during a short 3 Mile walk in the hills :)

Click on image for full size.

kids-2019-001.jpg
    1280 x 722 - 770K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

Good looking crew there and very nice looking country side

Good looking crew there and very nice looking country side

Thank you. Pandemonium when they are all together though :)

That's called family

Fishtales said:

Sandy, where was that gorgeous photo taken?  I agree, it's so scenic!  I love the little gal in the pink sweater, she's just adorable. With matching pink shoes, of course... The boy next to her looks like he may be contemplating something quite impish LOL.

Novica said:
    Fishtales said:

Sandy, where was that gorgeous photo taken?  I agree, it's so scenic!  I love the little gal in the pink sweater, she's just adorable. With matching pink shoes, of course... The boy next to her looks like he may be contemplating something quite impish LOL.

We have a holiday static caravan/trailer at Lochgoilhead in Scotland and that is from the hills above the site.

Those two are brother and sister and the other three are my second daughter's kids. The lad has behavioural issues that we are gradually working on, we think he may be on the Spectrum but he hasn't been assessed yet, and, yes, he can be a handful.

With having to buy 11 things, they've set this up so you don't buy the bundle, so I put the individual items in the cart. Do that, it's worthwhile.

What do you folks think of the kiddo? 

• NathNath Posts: 2,708
    Novica said:

With having to buy 11 things, they've set this up so you don't buy the bundle, so I put the individual items in the cart. Do that, it's worthwhile.

Looks no more scary than real babies, so that's good enough for me.

And I'd advise people to wait a bit before checking out if you're not buying the whole bundle. The price on Baby Accessories for Genesis 8 has been reported as incorrect, and may still drop...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Like those pictures of Florida, it looks like you all are having a good time. It's been 41 years since I lived in Florida and 9 years since I've even visited Florida but the odd thing is that pictures of the beach and such don't make me as near as 'having that homesick' feeling as seeing pictures of oak trees filled with Spanish moss.

I was feeling I was a little standoffish by not playing along and posting a pic of me from earlier. So then here I go.

LOL, so to satisfy those with a desire to see a turkey waddle, here is my picture last year when one of my sisters & I visited India. This is Mar 2018 in Mandawa and I am age 53 1/2  there. We also visited Jaipur and Hyderabad. Those are my most recent pics. Even though the Android phone has on it 'Beauty Something or Another' function my sister and I got a good laugh at seeing as it erased all the pores and many of the wrinkles from our face it still wasn't up to the task of my turkey waddle (which I hate too, Novica, along with those deep labial folds that make me thing I'm looking at Cheetah the Chimp in a mirror) . My hair looks to be almost white but it's actually still mostly red when I give myself a haircut. LOL, $12 saved to be spent in the DAZ Store. 

The odd thing about the picture at 53 1/2 years is despite the 53 years since there is a picture of me as a 6 month old with almost that same smile and expression. Some things just don't change, I guess the way people smile and do facial expressions is somewhat innate.

Oh darn it, now I'm wanting to go to northeast Florida and southeast Georgia to see oaks convered in spanish moss in person in the worse way. It's have to wait til late summer or fall I guess...

000.jpg
    481 x 720 - 111K
    edited April 2019

Like those pictures of Florida, it looks like you all are having a good time. It's been 41 years since I lived in Florida and 9 years since I've even visited Florida but the odd thing is that pictures of the beach and such don't make me as near as 'having that homesick' feeling as seeing pictures of oak trees filled with Spanish moss.

LOL, so to satisfy those with a desire to see a turkey waddle, here is my picture last year when one of my sisters & I visited India. This is Mar 2018 in Mandawa and I am age 53 1/2  there. We also visited Jaipur and Hyderabad. Those are my most recent pics. Even though the Android phone has on it 'Beauty Something or Another' function my sister and I got a good laugh at seeing as it erased all the pores and many of the wrinkles from our face it still wasn't up to the task of my turkey waddle (which I hate too, Novica, along with those deep labial folds that make me thing I'm looking at Cheetah the Chimp in a mirror) . 

Dude, you do NOT have deep labial folds! You look really good, and I'm not seeing a turkey wattle either. 

No spanish moss, but some interesting trees and a sample of one of the pastures. Each horse has about 2-4 acres, groups of horses have about 6 acres. Each pasture has it's own building with automatic insect spray too. None of the horses really use it and they're all brought in for thunderstorms anyway. 

Click to enlarge

trees for daz.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    pasturefordaz.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

Honestly? I think it was a nice try, but missed the mark. (Maybe applying Growing Up to Baby 8 would help!) I just about died laughing when I read Tobyn described as a newborn. (So is Caryn, but I was prepared for it by then.) These are toddlers, and imo, they are still out of proportion for the age. Maybe with some morph work to shorten the limbs, and then scaled down a bit; head proportion increased to compensate for downsizing the rest of the figure…

On the other hand, I do have Sixus1's baby for G8F, and the clothing should fit her. And Redz' hair is spot on. I may spend some money. Then again, I may not. Eleven items is definitely out of the question.

L'Adair said:

On the other hand, I do have Sixus1's baby for G8F, and the clothing should fit her. And Redz' hair is spot on. I may spend some money. Then again, I may not. Eleven items is definitely out of the question.

I sent you a PM  :) 

Okay, this is the 23rd post on this page, and we only go to 30, so everyone please be careful and not go past post 29. I'll start the next thread as it takes awhile to set it up, but please do not post on it until the mods and I close this thread. I need to get that new one started before I go to bed as I'm sure we'll shoot past 30 posts. I always put a link on Post 30 to the new one.  Yep, we're going on thread 12.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I am considering the Toddlers.  I agree that they definitely aren't babies and with morphs I could probably make them cuter.  Right now I have 11 items in my cart but am debating it.  The $ of this release is considerably more that the last several G8 releases and no purple loyalty banner.

gitika1 said:

I am considering the Toddlers.  I agree that they definitely aren't babies and with morphs I could probably make them cuter.  Right now I have 11 items in my cart but am debating it.  The $ of this release is considerably more that the last several G8 releases and no purple loyalty banner.

Sending you a PM

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited April 2019

I like babies and I’m sure angel wings at rendo will make a better morph so I bought nearly all the baby content because the price was great. I didn’t buy the male baby just the female one since they kinda look alike to me. Edit oops I did buy him. That will teach me to buy stuff in the middle of the night.

as far as the baby shape, the head is really off for me. Some of the poses are kind of adult-like too but most of the outfits are great. I missed a couple of the outfits, my cart was so full.... and I thought I got them all but missed like 3... which is too bad. The discount was great ala carte

Post edited by Serene Night on

I missed the baby shaders, I checked out quickly too.

edited April 2019

Okay, thread 12 is here

Here are the fun stats- we now have over 713,500 views!  Again, I'd like to thank all of you who chip in to answer questions, give suggestions, and help showcase the products. This is everyone's thread :)  Those of you who have your own Art Studio thread are so generous to help out here, too, and I appreciate it. Let's have some fun this spring and summer!  Be sure to subscribe to the new one, or keep an eye on thread 12. 

FYI- it started so long ago that Thread 1 is on page 67 out of 87 of the Art Studio Forum. 

Moderators- if you'll close this thread, I'm ready on the other one. 

Thread 1   83,347   Now 85,623    (+2276 new VIEWS!)
    Thread 2   67,811    Now 69,802    (+1991)
    Thread 3   78,578    Now 80,909     (+2331)
    Thread 4   58,508   Now 60,828    (+2320) 
    Thread 5   52,482    Now 54,216     (+1734)
    Thread 6   75,603    Now 81,998   (+6395)
    Thread 7   54,879   Now  62,880  (+8001)
    Thread 8   49,087   Now  56,300  (+7213)
    Thread 9  51,435    Now 60,546  (+9111)
    Thread 10   48,025   Now 56,904  (+8879)
    Thread 11  52,652  as of April 18, 2019 

Total views: Old: 618,581  New: 713,658    New views: 95,077  (without Thread 11, the old threads got 42,425 views in about a year)

Post edited by Novica on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited April 2019
    Novica said:

LOL, so to satisfy those with a desire to see a turkey waddle, here is my picture last year when one of my sisters & I visited India. This is Mar 2018 in Mandawa and I am age 53 1/2  there. We also visited Jaipur and Hyderabad. Those are my most recent pics. Even though the Android phone has on it 'Beauty Something or Another' function my sister and I got a good laugh at seeing as it erased all the pores and many of the wrinkles from our face it still wasn't up to the task of my turkey waddle (which I hate too, Novica, along with those deep labial folds that make me thing I'm looking at Cheetah the Chimp in a mirror) . 

Dude, you do NOT have deep labial folds! You look really good, and I'm not seeing a turkey wattle either. 

No spanish moss, but some interesting trees and a sample of one of the pastures. Each horse has about 2-4 acres, groups of horses have about 6 acres. Each pasture has it's own building with automatic insect spray too. None of the horses really use it and they're all brought in for thunderstorms anyway. 

Click to enlarge

(The labial folds were erased by the Android Beautify picture function I suppose when it shouldn't have in that instance as I have a obvious smile - however the deep creases of the labial folds remain, groan...LOL also when I'm not smiling which is the use case that Android Camera Beautiful function should work - overall I give that Android Beautify filter a passing mark though. I have an iPhone SE so I don't know if it has a beauify wrinkle eraser function or not, I just know when I tried to take passport pictures with the iphone they kept falling valid very clear unfiltered pictures until I finally fed-up I went to Walgreen's for the picture and got a blurry heavily yellow tinted picture for my trouble which the passport authorities did finally accept...so go figure)

Thanks for the pictures. I also like those type pines they cause home sickness too. I've lived in too many places. 

Fishtale's picture was quite fun too. Two of my nephews from two different sibblings do have autism, no doubt about it, and I've seen 1st hand the difficulties that can cause. Somehow my siblings and their spouse's reigned their wild behavior in, how i have no ideal, but it was mostly with very intense schooling. In fact one of my nephew's is now college age and now goes to college although it's more college courses designed for giving him opportunities to socialize and continue his remedial communications education than for academic acheivement. He's not going to ever work a job but he he can talk and doesn't though tantrums occasionally anymore, which I think came from his prior lack of ability to communicate. The other one is much younger but is very similar communications wise and behaviourly because he started a bit more capable than the older one to begin with.

As far new genesis 8 babies, they are a surprise! I've actually seen infant babies that big but not many. These are more like cusp infants to toddler age. They are good but I think can be improved:

I think the biggest problem is how the baby fat deposits look (double chins on babies - now there are turkey waddles that actually look cute) too indistinguishable from the skeletal structure in the geometry. I think that's just the lightinhg used in the renders though but am not sure. The old Genesis baby did an excellent job sculpting to make the baby fat clearly look like baby fat and not like possibly skeletal geometry.

That said, I'll wind up buying them and especially the clothing...eventually.

Well I've 4 acres I want to get all mowed today so I better get started since I'm using a push mower.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
This discussion has been closed.