Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Praying for your recovery, Novica! Take care.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I hope you feel better Novica.. glad your surgery was successful though.

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

@Novica - Thinking of you.  I hope you make a swift recovery.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

@Novica - Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Hope you are better soon, Novica. Speedy and complete recovery.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

@Novica - Best wishes for a fast and uneventful recovery!  
                  ~Gen

• Here's to a solid recovery @Novica !

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455

Hoping you have a quick return to full health!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2018

@charliejudge  @melaniel   @icedragonart   @nonesuch00   @robertfreise   @barbult   @ladair   @rgcincy    @xmasrose   @dawnblade    @serenenight   @etamin    @nath   @crispalomino
    @genaris    @escrandall    @firewarden

Thank you SO much :)   I've slept most of the day and night, and trying now to space out the pain meds. BTW, I didn't mention it, but a few concerned folks behind the scenes were hoping this wasn't cancer related- and it's NOT. It was an overproduction of chemicals/hormones and it was affecting my balance, etc.  So all's good!  I'm headed back to bed but wanted to check in and let you know I'm getting better each day (and this is only the second day after surgery. Recovery is about two weeks or so.)  So will check in periodically, ya'll have fun with Eva

Post edited by Novica on
  • dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Wonderful news! So glad to hear your recovery is starting off strong! Rest up. smiley yes

• You must have been so worried.

I am glad you're getting better, thank you very much for letting us know.

• Novica said:

Just now getting online, was in the hospital yesterday for major surgery and in pain today. Had to be there at 6:30 am yesterday morning and didn't get home until 7:30 last night. What baffles me, and the reason I want to share this is so it helps you too- is that MRI technology is supposed to be really good- precise- and it was WAAAAY off. They went in to remove my ovaries (which are the size of almonds, and showed up that way on the MRI) and they were larger than chicken eggs!  YEP. The MRI imaging was wrong. Needless to say, getting them out wasn't the same procedure as anticipated due to the size. They also took out the fallopian tubes, so I had quite a day. I'm just popping on to say for folks PMing me, I'm not ignoring you, I'm immersed in heavy duty drugs and going back to sleep. :) I won't be online much this week/weekend.  But I wanted you to know MRIs can be WRONG, which really surprised me to the extent they were off. 

@ladair  That is a lovely render, thanks for showing the outfit. It looks very natural. 

@Novica, I hope everything is alright. Yes, it is unnerving to have the MRI so off for diagnostics, had a similar situation several years ago. Get well soon! Thinking of you and you're in my prayers.

Trish

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Get better soon @Novica! That’s crazy, never knew that about MRIs! Rest up for the holidays!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

It is good to hear that it wasn't cancer. Rest up. Think of all the money you will save while you are sleeping and not shopping!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Novica, just saw the posts about your situation, I hope all is well and you will have a speedy recovery.  Take it easy and get lots of rest!

• Good news that it wasn't the big C word

Just take it easy and don't over do

barbult said:

It is good to hear that it wasn't cancer. Rest up. Think of all the money you will save while you are sleeping and not shopping!

Oh, I have been shopping LOL

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

Oh, I have been shopping LOL

There's no stopping you, I guess! Have fun.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Good to hear the recovery is progressing well!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159
    Take care and get lots of rest. Wishing you a very speedy recovery Novica.
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Hope you feel better soon! Surgery is a nasty thing, even if it's necessary. Sometimes, things are better off out than in.

• Best wishes for a solid recovery! Eat well and pamper yourself.

Lots of love from a lurker. smiley

• Novica, 

I haven't been active on the forums very much recently. I just jumped in to see what has been going on, and it looks like your long silence was due to illness. I'm hoping you are recovering and it was nothing serious - I'm catching up on the forum now. 

• I have a 1080 and a 1070 in my rig - and render times have been creeping back up to an hour, hour and a half for me... when they had gotten down to an average of about 15 to 25 minutes with complex lighting and multiple characters. 

I'm not sure if it is the content, or the DAZ engine itself... but it seems like things are headed in the wrong direction as far as performance is concerned... 

And keep in mind - I'm not a big fan of the GF8 generation stuff... so this is mostly Genesis 3 based renders that are suddenly running slow as molasses. 

Not sure what DAZ could be wasting all those cycles on. The strange thing is... it'll run really slow like this... and then suddenly, I'll do another render, based on the same content, and it'll rip through that one. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I have a 1080 and a 1070 in my rig - and render times have been creeping back up to an hour, hour and a half for me... when they had gotten down to an average of about 15 to 25 minutes with complex lighting and multiple characters. 

I'm not sure if it is the content, or the DAZ engine itself... but it seems like things are headed in the wrong direction as far as performance is concerned... 

And keep in mind - I'm not a big fan of the GF8 generation stuff... so this is mostly Genesis 3 based renders that are suddenly running slow as molasses. 

Not sure what DAZ could be wasting all those cycles on. The strange thing is... it'll run really slow like this... and then suddenly, I'll do another render, based on the same content, and it'll rip through that one.

One issue that seems to follow the versions has to do with memory. It often helps to save the file and close Daz Studio before doing the final render. Many people are reporting faster renders when the render comes first thing after opening DS and loading the file. I know I'm seeing a difference.

However, if you're seeing slow renders, then the same scene rendering faster without closing and reopening DS, I'm inclined to believe your computer is running some process in the background that has nothing to do with the render. (It's one of the reasons I bought a computer I could dedicate to graphics.

Or it could be something else. My days of being IT adept are well behind me…

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    Novica said:

@charliejudge  @melaniel   @icedragonart   @nonesuch00   @robertfreise   @barbult   @ladair   @rgcincy    @xmasrose   @dawnblade    @serenenight   @etamin    @nath   @crispalomino
    @genaris    @escrandall    @firewarden

Thank you SO much :)   I've slept most of the day and night, and trying now to space out the pain meds. BTW, I didn't mention it, but a few concerned folks behind the scenes were hoping this wasn't cancer related- and it's NOT. It was an overproduction of chemicals/hormones and it was affecting my balance, etc.  So all's good!  I'm headed back to bed but wanted to check in and let you know I'm getting better each day (and this is only the second day after surgery. Recovery is about two weeks or so.)  So will check in periodically, ya'll have fun with Eva

Sorry to hear about your illness and surgery, but congratulations on your recovery, and on it not being cancer!

edited December 2018

@susoleil  Hello lurker! Always welcome :)

I HAVE to tell you all a story that happened a couple hours ago. I literally had to hold my stomach to keep from splitting my stitches (internal) because I was laughing so hard. First, understand my husband and I are COMPLETE OPPOSITES. He is an operations research analyst. Very distinguished. Me, well I own a horse and do art. So start with the image of my very serious hubby trying to do everything he can to take care of me while I recover (and the past two days were from hell btw.)  So we're in the kitchen, and he knows I never made it to the barn before the surgery to deliver Stetson's supplements. (Stetson is my horse.) Here goes the conversation:

H: (Husband)  Do you want me to take Stetson's supplements out to the barn?
    M: (Me)  Yes please. They're by the door. (He starts heading there but I stop him.)  But we need to do his Gatorade.
    H: His what?
    M: Gatorade. 
    H: Our horse drinks Gatorade?
    M: Every night. (So we fix ten servings. Hubby again starts for the door.)  No, you can't leave yet. The carrots.
    H:  Jesus. Heaven forbid I forget THOSE. (He gets the carrots and again thinks he's getting out the door.)
    M:  No, you have to cut off the tops.
    H:  Silly me. (Cuts off the tops. I gesture to the sink, he rolls his eyes and washes them off.) ANYTHING ELSE????
    M:  Yes. While you're there, he needs brushing. (Hubby arches eyebrow. I tell him where the brushes are.)
    H: And Stetson is good with being brushed?
    M: Of course. But first you have to put conditioner on the mane and tail.
    H: Conditioner? 
    M: Yes. Before you rubber band the hair on his forehead. 
    H: Rubber band? This supplement mission has started creeping. (ex-military officer)
    M: Actually before you rubber band it, you need to braid it. Keeps it out of his eyes. (I am now holding my stomach as I am in real pain laughing at the arched eyebrow and steely gaze directed at me.) 
    H: I AM NOT BRAIDING THAT HORSE'S HAIR!
    M: It's easy. Watch. (I demonstrate on my hair while my husband is feigning glaring at me. I am laughing SO hard.)
    H: I repeat, I am not braiding Stetson! 

I called the barn owner to warn her my wayward husband was on the way and would arrive within twenty minutes, told her the conversation and asked her to help him. She laughed out loud and said she would definitely ask him if he would like to learn to braid a horse's hair. (She did indeed ask and was met with a resounding "NO." ) 

Thought I'd share as this will go down as one of the funniest exchanges we've ever had. Seeing the poor hubby get dragged more and more into an ever expanding errand was just hilarious.

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Haha mine would have edged his way out the door after the carrots lol!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Novica said:

@susoleil  Hello lurker! Always welcome :)

I HAVE to tell you all a story that happened a couple hours ago. I literally had to hold my stomach to keep from splitting my stitches (internal) because I was laughing so hard. First, understand my husband and I are COMPLETE OPPOSITES. He is an operations research analyst. Very distinguished. Me, well I own a horse and do art. So start with the image of my very serious hubby trying to do everything he can to take care of me while I recover (and the past two days were from hell btw.)  So we're in the kitchen, and he knows I never made it to the barn before the surgery to deliver Stetson's supplements. (Stetson is my horse.) Here goes the conversation:

H: (Husband)  Do you want me to take Stetson's supplements out to the barn?
    M: (Me)  Yes please. They're by the door. (He starts heading there but I stop him.)  But we need to do his Gatorade.
    H: His what?
    M: Gatorade. 
    H: Our horse drinks Gatorade?
    M: Every night. (So we fix ten servings. Hubby again starts for the door.)  No, you can't leave yet. The carrots.
    H:  Jesus. Heaven forbid I forget THOSE. (He gets the carrots and again thinks he's getting out the door.)
    M:  No, you have to cut off the tops.
    H:  Silly me. (Cuts off the tops. I gesture to the sink, he rolls his eyes and washes them off.) ANYTHING ELSE????
    M:  Yes. While you're there, he needs brushing. (Hubby arches eyebrow. I tell him where the brushes are.)
    H: And Stetson is good with being brushed?
    M: Of course. But first you have to put conditioner on the mane and tail.
    H: Conditioner? 
    M: Yes. Before you rubber band the hair on his forehead. 
    H: Rubber band? This supplement mission has started creeping. (ex-military officer)
    M: Actually before you rubber band it, you need to braid it. Keeps it out of his eyes. (I am now holding my stomach as I am in real pain laughing at the arched eyebrow and steely gaze directed at me.) 
    H: I AM NOT BRAIDING THAT HORSE'S HAIR!
    M: It's easy. Watch. (I demonstrate on my hair while my husband is feigning glaring at me. I am laughing SO hard.)
    H: I repeat, I am not braiding Stetson! 

I called the barn owner to warn her my wayward husband was on the way and would arrive within twenty minutes, told her the conversation and asked her to help him. She laughed out loud and said she would definitely ask him if he would like to learn to braid a horse's hair. (She did indeed ask and was met with a resounding "NO." ) 

Thought I'd share as this will go down as one of the funniest exchanges we've ever had. Seeing the poor hubby get dragged more and more into an ever expanding errand was just hilarious.

Funny! I'm waiting for Stetson to start talking like Mr Ed now. Maybe Finn can help teach him?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

ROFLOL Novica, that is classic.  Would make a good scene for you to render when you are all better (evil grin).

This discussion has been closed.