Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Yes, the gift cards are stacking, going to 28%, if you have the Lee Pro Bundle in your cart with it at the same time. I'm mentioning it because someone else already did in the Lee thread. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2018

Man that’s disappointing since I just bought a gift card at 20 percent. Oh well that’s how Daz store rolls.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I'm excited. The videos from my dForce webinar made it to the store today: Powerful-dforce-discoveries-and-solutions. Daz has a glitch in the promo images that is to be fixed. We'll see how they do but for now we're planning a followup some time early next year. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    RGcincy said:

I'm excited. The videos from my dForce webinar made it to the store today: Powerful-dforce-discoveries-and-solutions. Daz has a glitch in the promo images that is to be fixed. We'll see how they do but for now we're planning a followup some time early next year. 

I can highly recommend this one ad I was there fore the webinar.  A ton of useful information!

RGcincy said:

Congrats Rich! Only heard great things about it. 

Omari for Genesis 8 Female and the Jackyline Outfit Textures are both FAILURES to install in DIM. Anyone else having trouble with those? 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    Novica said:
    RGcincy said:

Congrats Rich! Only heard great things about it. 

It was definitely a must-buy.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Omari installed fine via DIM for me, Novica.

• Omari installed fine via DIM for me, Novica.

Same here

edited November 2018

I tested Omari, then I thought her skin would benefit from your skin settings.  However, before I went to look up what those are (I have them in my cheat sheet), I thought I would try to see what happens if I just use the medium glossy settings in UHT hair shaders.  That is in the second render, and I quite like the results (for lazy people like me).  The softer gloss might even have been better.  I've used SY fastlights on both renders.

Omari 2 hair lustre shine setting medium on skin.png
    1527 x 2471 - 2M
    Omari.png
    1527 x 2471 - 2M
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 2018

Here is Belinah, one of the special deals today.

Belinah PS.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

She has a great profile!  Nice lighting by the way @barbult

edited December 2018

Triple Moon Cottage And Props

There's a thread over in Commons where you can see more images, but here's some closeups for you. This does take awhile to render, one of these took an hour and a half.

Click to enlarge on all these, then click again. 

Look at that sand in the hourglass! (I assume that's what it is.) 

Wonder what that book says? Here 'tis.

Omari Triple Moon Cottage.png
    1166 x 900 - 2M
    Omari Triple Moon Cottage2 1hr 48min.png
    1166 x 1200 - 2M
    Omari Triple Moon Cottage2 50min.png
    1166 x 1200 - 2M
    Omari Triple Moon Cottage3.png
    1166 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by Novica on

Those look great. Native lighting or did you add?  What a detailed and wonderful set  

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Looks like the default lighting that comes with the set.  Looks similar to my render.  The long render is correct, there is so much fine detail that my render was about 1 hour total.  Totally worth the wait though.  Fabulous set!  

Agreed.  Looks like something out of a movie set.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya the Triple Moon Cottage just makes me deeply happy lol. Really an incredible piece of work.  and don't forget the bonus plushie!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Sort of would like Slosh to gather the bonus Plushies in a Slosh Bonus Plushie product.

edited December 2018

I am sick and tired of this. Two more products are refusing to install in DIM. "Install failed."  This crap is piling up in my DIM. It won't go anywhere. How do I get it OUT of DIM? I am not going to keep manually installing, I am going to RETURN them. This hurts the vendors but my time is valuable too and I am so DONE with Daz lately. It's just annoying me every time I go to do something.

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

I am sick and tired of this. Two more products are refusing to install in DIM. "Install failed."  This crap is piling up in my DIM. It won't go anywhere. How do I get it OUT of DIM? I am not going to keep manually installing, I am going to RETURN them. This hurts the vendors but my time is valuable too and I am so DONE with Daz lately. It's just annoying me every time I go to do something.

What products? If we know what they are, anyone who has them can tell you if they also had trouble installing, or if the install worked for them. It's always possible a file was corrupted during the download and only needs to be redownloaded.

On the other hand, I recently had the CS6 version of Ron's Spray Paint brushes fail to install via DIM and Teh Support has verified it's a problem…

So far I have Omari,  Jackyline Outfit Textures,  Velodome Bike DS, and BOTH the SY Supermorphers (For Gen8F and Gen8M) 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Since I'm watching the budget a bit more at the moment (until I can 3d print food and clothes LOL), I've been playing around with older content. Here's i13's https://www.daz3d.com/i13-visions-in-white with the original textures (but converted to Iray), and with a bit of retexturing applied. I think there's life in the old place yet *g*

room.png
    1000 x 756 - 1M
    Novica said:

So far I have Omari,  Jackyline Outfit Textures,  Velodome Bike DS, and BOTH the SY Supermorphers (For Gen8F and Gen8M) 

Umm, maybe you can show what the supermorphers actually do? I'm getting the idea from looking at the promos that they are useful in some arcane way, but I haven't been able to understand/work out what they do so far. Maybe then I can either buy them, or drop them off my wishlist forever *g*

Novica said:

The only one I have of those is Omari, and she installed without issue with DIM on both this computer and The Beast, (Win7x64 and Win10x64, respectively.) I remember you mentioning Omari before. I don't recall, but did you try deleting the file and redownloading?

@ladair   It's one of those stupid ring around the rosey DIMs. Yep, I delete the file, it goes back into the ready to download column in DIM, then hangs up again in the ready to install. Can't get it out of there unless I go to the file location (designated in DIM, which we select for the downloads to go) and delete it. Then poof, it's back in the first column, waiting for me to cuss at it again. 

@nath   I can't show you as they won't install unless I do it manually, and I'm honestly about ready to just return the products.

Novica said:

@nath   I can't show you as they won't install unless I do it manually, and I'm honestly about ready to just return the products.

Okay, then they'll remain on my 'I vaguely think I might need this' list - and I feel your DIM pain

Novica said:

@ladair   It's one of those stupid ring around the rosey DIMs. Yep, I delete the file, it goes back into the ready to download column in DIM, then hangs up again in the ready to install. Can't get it out of there unless I go to the file location (designated in DIM, which we select for the downloads to go) and delete it. Then poof, it's back in the first column, waiting for me to cuss at it again. 

I understand your frustration. As I mentioned before, I've got that problem with the CS6 file for one of Ron's brushes. I was actually able to modify the dsx file and DIM was able to install it on the Win10 computer. But the same "fix" didn't work on the Win7. Odd. You'd think the OS wouldn't affect how DIM worked with DIM specific files.

But Omari installed on both of my computers. Win10 is begging me to run updates again, and I keep ignoring it. The last time I gave in to the nagging, I lost the ability to access the Win7 computer from the Win10 via the network. I'm afraid to let the software update, only to lose some other functionality I've come to depend on. Maybe the version on your computer, (the new one, right?) is different than the version on mine and it's the OS getting in the way of DIM. Just a thought. You're frustrated with Daz and DIM, but it might just be something Microsoft did…

edited December 2018

By the way, the 90% items today are not limited to one item. (The text about only one item in the cart or the items won't be free is left over from yesterday's promo and doesn't apply. That text has now been removed.) I got the Ice Hotel Exterior for 51¢ and the old Polar Bear for 70¢. I also got some really nice discounts on RealFit HDL, Island House, and the Haley for G3F bundle, from the Historical Best Sellers.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • In DIM you can right-click on a package in the Ready To Install tab to delete it. It does sound like a possible cache issue - you could try downloading from your Product Library page, then move the zip into your DIM downloads folder and see it it will work that way.

This discussion has been closed.