Easy Environments by Flipmode - great stuff

Comments

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

red road to hell skybox, well, could also be on the planet venus :)

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Hm, somehow I don`t get the hint about adult images and Genesis not coming together ;)
    I am curious though...PM maybe, if it`s a delicate topic ? ;)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Greenlands is the first, and only, I got so far. But I use it frequently, most of the renders can be seen across the contests here and there on the forum. But here's two that I'm fond of myself :)

Last Goodbye only uses tGreenlands skydomeand the lights that came with the set (adjusted color, position etc on them to fit though :) )

My Protector, My Friend uses Greenlands set except the lights :)

/C

myprotectormyfriend.png
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    rrrrsummer2013pull4_lastgoodbye.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting these carola, very cool use of the greenlands :)
    First image has a nice sense of scale and I like the mix of a sad theme with such strong colors.

edited December 1969

also good just as a backround for nice "people" :)

dx_tough_team.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 211K
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited June 2013

I hope Flipmode makes lots more of these :D I think I have them all ... lol.

Every outdoor render I do now starts with one of these sets. The skybox's are so simple to customize to my needs (added the moons and extra clouds vis PS through the surfaces panel).

Like-father,-Like-Son---final-cover-art---signed-for-web.jpg
    1167 x 1750 - 295K
    Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Every outdoor render I do now starts with one of these sets. The skybox's are so simple to customize to my needs (added the moons and extra clouds vis PS through the surfaces panel).

wow great image!

Did I miss a set though I don't recall one with water like that?

edited December 1969

Thanks for the new renders guys, both very well done!

Small notice >
    Before I get to do new sets I`d like to transfer most of the renders here to the original easy environments thread, to have everything in one place (of course stating the authors). If you don`t want that for your pics feel free to drop me a quick message.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

There is none, YET ;)

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Pendraia said:

There is none, YET ;)Glad to know that I haven't missed it....I have all of your sets except the solar system one. I haven't been able to justify buying that yet as I don't normally do space renders.

edited December 1969

Hehe, technically the solar system is not part of the series anyway, so your collection is complete ;)
    And that`s pretty awesome, to know these sets are valueable enough for some of you guys to get them all.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

wow great image!

Sorry ... I should have mentioned that the water plane was added by me :D

I think this skybox is from the greenlands set :D

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Hehe, technically the solar system is not part of the series anyway, so your collection is complete ;)
    And that`s pretty awesome, to know these sets are valueable enough for some of you guys to get them all.

Glad to know that...I have many different landscape sets but these would be my favourites.

Pendraia said:
    I hope Flipmode makes lots more of these :D I think I have them all ... lol. Every outdoor render I do now starts with one of these sets. The skybox's are so simple to customize to my needs (added the moons and extra clouds vis PS through the surfaces panel).
    wow great image!

Sorry ... I should have mentioned that the water plane was added by me :D

I think this skybox is from the greenlands set :D

Thanks for the info...it's a beautiful render!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks for the new renders guys, both very well done!

Small notice >
    Before I get to do new sets I`d like to transfer most of the renders here to the original easy environments thread, to have everything in one place (of course stating the authors). If you don`t want that for your pics feel free to drop me a quick message.

I am fine with you moving the renders I have done, and could you give us a link to the thread (think I have missed that *grins*)

/C

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Another FMEE scene ... Return to Dune Towers

dune-towers---5000---layers---signed---rendo2----web2.jpg
    2000 x 1571 - 448K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

I went through and realized my ratio of overall scenery to buildings and realized I severely lack scenery. Trees: check, bushes: check, buildings: check.. places to put them? Big ol' red X (other than Mil Env lol).

All of your Easy Enviro's are on the wishlist now. They look wonderful.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Great scene Willow, really well done and perfect scifi mood!

Thanks Vaskania ...hope you`ll enjoy the sets when you get there =)

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Great scene Willow, really well done and perfect scifi mood!

Thanks, Flip :D

I never did very many outdoor scenes until your sets. I plan to buy every set you make ... lol. I don't suppose any more are coming anytime soon? :D Hints...

edited December 1969

Well, I started working on the skybox for a new one a few days ago ... unfortunately rendering one side of it takes 10+ hours, so I have about a week of night-rendering ahead ;)
    Having a slow time here with work, but sooner or later more environments will come ....

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Well, I started working on the skybox for a new one a few days ago ... unfortunately rendering one side of it takes 10+ hours, so I have about a week of night-rendering ahead ;)
    Having a slow time here with work, but sooner or later more environments will come ....

Do you have an email newsletter, or anything for us fans to follow other than this thread, which doesn't always update like it's supposed?

edited December 1969

Uhm...uhm...nope, got nothing like that.
    I know the forum is sometimes lazy with sending out updates, but still the best place to check for news.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Uhm...uhm...nope, got nothing like that.
    I know the forum is sometimes lazy with sending out updates, but still the best place to check for news.

Then here I shall look :D

I don't supposed a mountainous, heavily forested area is doable with these, is it? For both day and night scenes?

edited December 1969

I am not quite sure, but I guess you mean heavy forest right on the skybox?
    Yes, right now that would be a bit outside of what I can do with the easy environments...but I think it would be awesome to get something like that to work. Certainly something I`ll look into at some point, but I don`t know if it will ever work out properly.

edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    I am not quite sure, but I guess you mean heavy forest right on the skybox?
    Yes, right now that would be a bit outside of what I can do with the easy environments...but I think it would be awesome to get something like that to work. Certainly something I`ll look into at some point, but I don`t know if it will ever work out properly.

I can't imagine how it would work, either. I just know I need more capabilities when it comes to night time forest scenes than Forsaken Vale. I also need swamps ... lol.

Any night time skies in the works?

• TimingisEverythingTimingisEverything Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Awesome thread.. I have been curious of how these scenes rendered, and the results look very good, Off to my cart they go

edited December 1969

Another nope, sorry!
    To be honest, I hoped to have that covered with the skies from the solar system set. ;)

edited December 1969

hi there, okay, it has nothing to do with Flipmode Products but I want to let you know this image :) and what you think about it :)

thewall.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 221K
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:

Another nope, sorry!
    To be honest, I hoped to have that covered with the skies from the solar system set. ;)

Not all night skies are star filled. Most are just moon and clouds. I wonder how hard it would be for me to modify some existing skyboxes, like I did for my airship scene? Hmmm...

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    hi there, okay, it has nothing to do with Flipmode Products ...

WHAAAT ?!? ;)
    Great pic cosmo, I like it better than the music it refers to ;)

@Willow >
    Sure, should work.
    Most simple approach is to simply turn down ambience on the materials, I`ve done it like that for some quick late-evening scenes.
    Of course photoshop (or whatever) gives you more control.
    Oh, and doesn`t the road to hell skybox work for night scenes? :/