Easy Environments by Flipmode - great stuff

1101112131416»

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    JOdel said:

This one's a better example. I don't know which of the EE light sets I based this on, but it was the usual drill of boost the ambients, and turn off the shadows from the sun. Then add a spotlight outside to shine in the windows.

Terrific. Love all the interaction and smiles. We've got actual smiles in an image!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Just wanted to pop in to say once again how much I love the light sets that come with the EE sets. They work excellent with Above the Fog for Iray and 3Delight by Marshian. I used the swamp product by Andrey Pestryakovhttp://www.daz3d.com/nature-swamp (only because there is not an EE swamp, yet --- hint/hint --- P's is so hard on my system, but it does look great) and EE Greenlands lights. The fog set recommends Age Of Armour's Advanced Ambient Light, but I hate messing with lights so was hoping the EE lights were going to work and they work great. I also really liked the way DimensionTheory's Shades Of Life - Nature, too. Really gave it an organic stone feel rather than looking smooth like tights.

I you want to see it: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/65177/above-the-fog-for-iray-and-3delight-looks-pretty-cool#latest​

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,254

I also would like to have a swamp or jungle or forest EE (hin, hint, hint)! A. Pestryakov's swamp is a jewel, but it is really very, very big...

Another Easy Environment Eternal Sands Above the Fog scene, this time using Above the Fog to give a wind-blown sand effect to the planet surface and to add depth to my desert, which is often hard with no scaling markers like trees or people in the distance.

I altered the skybox's color using the surface diffuse and changing the ambient light colors to the same tone of blue to emulate a night scene. Add a couple moons and we are ready for print :D ....

Latest EE scene using Easy Environments Top of the World.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242

Oh my! That's facinating.

There's almost 30 v4's milling about, plus their dynamic garments. It's a total PITA to load the full scene, much less rendering. After getting tired of it taking overnight just to load the full scene, I saved the scene in parts, for manageable load and render function.

I really hope more people than me use the EE as much as I do. I keep posting my latest EE renders in hope more people see how versatile they really are so FM keep creating them.

For this cover, I used Outback. Just a couple small tweaks to the surface colors and lights, hide some plants, add a mesa, add a new sun, add some glow and godrays, and voila! ... An environment that doesn't look like I've used it on a dozen other covers, translating into lower project cost and higher profit. :D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242

Eternal sands and Outback have been my go-to for my initial lighting of a scene while building it for some time now. I don't necessarily use them for the final render, but they are great for puting things in their places. And when 'm doing an exterior render, I generally keep the sun regardless of what lights I use for the final scene.

I'm lazy with lighting ... the most I want to do is maybe change the direction, intensity, and color. Unless I need something unusual, I use EE lights for everything because they are so user-friendly, don't over-tax the render, and make me look like I know what I'm doing, lol. And the 'sun' I added above isn't a light as much as a white ball of color added to the skybox, which is why I like the boxes so much ... easy to add moons and planets and clouds and such to a single panel and make it look brand new.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874
    edited April 2016

I have most of them wishlisted, waiting for sales. ;)

I have EE Oasis. I should do something with it... hmm.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I love his environments. Very useful!

I have all of them except for Hell. Still haven't gotten a commission for a scene that would need it and always forget to grab it when I have splurge money, lol.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have hell but haven't had a chance to use it yet....

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Welcome!

Based loosely on a picture by Gauguin, created for a contest where you had to use that bowl with apples.

Credits:

Genesis2Female (and a little bit of Girl6) - DAZ
    FWSA Xiao Mei - FWArt, Sabby
    Growing Up for Genesis2 Female(s) and V6 - Zev0
    Genesis 2 foot morph sliders - sbcorktown
    Charm Hair - Valea
    Long Skirt & Top - Wilmap

Genesis2Female (a little bit of Olympia, Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs) - Daz
    Ethnics for Genesis 2 Female(s) (face) - Cake One
    Genesis 2 Female Head Morph Resource Kit, Genesis 2 Female Mixed Morph Resource Kit - Handspan Studios, Thorne
    Genesis 2 foot morph sliders - sbcorktown
    Milly (texture) - Artemis3d
    Persephone Hair - Valea
    Caribbean Outfit - Wilmap

Fabulous Fabrics: Silks and Sheer - Eva1
    Wood Shaders - Marieah
    Easy Environments Eternal Sands (beach) - Flipmode
    Palm Trees, Tropicals - Lisa's Botanicals
    Cyclorama: Sub-Tropical Scenes - Rubylizard

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124

I really love all your work Flipmode. I like to also use your sky domes with other kits as well. they really work well in animations

I used the First Light Skydome and HDRI to make this  head banner for a web site. .. Your stuff really rocks.

I used your sky dome from the Easy Environments: Autumn in animations  to make my anime world environment look like that are expansive.

I always look forward to when you release a new environment because hey are so useful.        

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880

Oh ****
    The forum again stopped sending me notifications, and just now spontaneously decided to drop me a mail about Kerya`s post. A very selective forum it is.

So, I missed all those posts, images and kind words of yours for, erm, over half a year.
    The way I see it you guys give me free advertising, so it`d be the most basic courtsey for me to at least show up and say thanks.
    Big sorry for failing on that, and a late thanks for the support, be it in writing, by one of those lovely images or now even in video.
    (Btw, Ivy, how the hell did you manage to embed a YT video here?)

As a quick update about work ... I was quite busy with the FM Gym set the last few month, and right now I plan on two rather small non-EasyEnvironment sets.
    After that I want to get back to environments. I am currently looking into ways to widen the range of what I can thematically do with those sets.
    I am not sure yet if that stuff will work out, but if it does I hope to be able to take care of some of the more requested themes.

edited August 2016

Click Source and Add a YouTube link then click source it will just show a link until you post a comment.

Capture.JPG
    1757 x 738 - 113K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 880
    edited August 2016

Oh my, thanks. I`ve been going crazy trying to use embedded links, but I see you simply use the straight video link.

It works, incredible ;) Thanks!

Post edited by Flipmode on
    edited August 2016
    Flipmode said:

Oh my, thanks. I`ve been going crazy trying to use embedded links, but I see you simply use the straight video link.

It works, incredible ;) Thanks!

your very welcome , Wendy taught me how to do it.

Post edited by Ivy on