Morphs from G3 to G8

Comments

• marth_emarth_e Posts: 171

Hi, Singular Blues. What figures does the script support?

Thanks a lot,

• G3F/M and G8F/M.

This alpha prototype will not support any others. However, it can transfer between any combination of them.

Be aware, the script might allow an attempt to do nearly anything, however, the results will be very, very bad. This is not a guess. The way the script works will definitely cause it to mangle unsupported figure morphs.

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 68

Hi guys,

I'm tryng to create a Twi'lek figure with G8 and I'd love to use Lekkulion Head Tails but everytime I fit them to the model I lose the Pose morph/slide so the tails are unusable... 

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

• Autofit doesn't conserve bones, as it adapts them to the target figure; you should instead use the transfer utility (although, with geografts, the results may not be that good, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help).

SingularBlues, thanks for your work, but I am unable to use the script. I extracted it to the main library folder, loaded G3F, favorited a few morphs, loaded G8F, ctrl-click selected first G3F and then G8F, double-clicked the script and got an error message (I tried to delete G8F's eyelashes, in case the selection messed things up, but I still got an error),

From the Log:

2018-02-05 12:51:29.472 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.476 DEBUG: false
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.477 DEBUG: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.480 DEBUG: C:/Users/Bruno/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.552 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00059 iterations after 9.422s.
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.611 DEBUG:
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: Script Error: Line 773
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oSrcClone' [null] is not an object.
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse:773
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.622 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Hi Singular Blues. First trials with the new prototype script. 

First attempts, I received an error. Went back and read your instructions, and discovered that my ‘main DAZ3D Library’ (where I installed the script and data folders) was not the one that is listed first in my Content Library - Daz Studio Formats. Once I set ‘My Daz 3D Library’ as the first folder in the list, the script works exactly as described. 

So is the script looking for the first listed Library destination, rather than the main one, where the base figures are installed? For most people they will be the same, but I customize the content folders a lot for content creation.

edited February 2018

I've found an issue the the vertices at the back of the eyeball/sclera when transferring an extreme morph (The Orc) from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 3 Male. G3 doesn't have a back face on the eyeball, whereas G8 does, and a few of the outer vertices appear to have been omitted from the morph transfer.

There are nail issues with the G8 - G3 Transfer also

Hope this helps with development. Redz

prototype test1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 101K
    prototype test2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 99K
    prototype test3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 113K
    Post edited by Redz on

Next observation is that the order in which the figures is loaded in the scene appears to matter, as well as the selection order. If I have G8M loaded first and then load G3M, the script won’t run at all for G3M to G8M morph transfers. So it appears you must load the donor/source figure first?

Also a question, is G8M to G8F and vice versa supported in this version? I get an error when attempting this. So I assume only transfers between generations 3 to 8 and 8 to 3 (of either gender) is supported right now? Thanks again Singular, and this is all in the spirit of constructive feedback, not criticism, but you know that my friend. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited February 2018

It's the little things that drive you mad.

If anyone has an idea about how to make DazScript recursively delete folders, I'm all ears. I'm tired of thinking about that.

Anyway, here's a prototype.

The use of this script is different than the old, but it's not massively so. All the old warnings apply. This could break your stuff, use at your own risk, etc. The point is to help develop it so that it is very unlikely to break your stuff.

What's the same?
    You still need to load the figure you want to transfer from.
    You still need to select a favorite morph to tell the script what to transfer.
    It will still transfer ALL the morphs in the same product as the targeted morph.

What's changed?
    You now need to load the Target figure. 
    Both figures need to be selected when the script is run.
    The selection order is important. First select the source figure, then select the target.
    The number of favorites is no longer important. The script should transfer all products associated with all favorites.
    No more progress bar. No real point. The script moves so fast, there's not a lot of need for it.
    The script is part of a system of files, and probably won't work if not installed correctly. It's not hard to install, but it has to be in the primary library. It depends on that to be able to find all the other bits it uses. nIt's already packaged. Just extract the contents of the content folder into your primary library and all will be well.
    It should work with Connect, however, it will not save to the connect library.
    EDIT: You must reload the target figure to see the changes. Some morphs will show immediately, but the will not be correctly configured. ATM I can't do that on a loaded figure.

Use it responsibly. Use it in peace.

You say the order of selection in the figures you load is important so then does it:

a) G3F to G8F

b) G3M to G8M

c) G8F to G3F

d) G8M to G8M

e) G8M to G8F

f) G8F to G8M

g) G2F to G8F (for example)

h) Genesis to G8F? 

i) Genesis to G8M?

Just wondering what you managed given what you were talking about earlier in the thread.

Nevermind - I missed the earlier post about supported figures in the alpha.

Thanks by the way!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Singular BluesSingular Blues Posts: 737
    edited February 2018
    Uthgard said:

Autofit doesn't conserve bones, as it adapts them to the target figure; you should instead use the transfer utility (although, with geografts, the results may not be that good, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help).

SingularBlues, thanks for your work, but I am unable to use the script. I extracted it to the main library folder, loaded G3F, favorited a few morphs, loaded G8F, ctrl-click selected first G3F and then G8F, double-clicked the script and got an error message (I tried to delete G8F's eyelashes, in case the selection messed things up, but I still got an error),

From the Log:

2018-02-05 12:51:29.472 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.476 DEBUG: false
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.477 DEBUG: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.480 DEBUG: C:/Users/Bruno/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.552 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00059 iterations after 9.422s.
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.611 DEBUG:
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: Script Error: Line 773
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oSrcClone' [null] is not an object.
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.613 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse:773
    2018-02-05 12:51:29.622 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/content/Scripts/Morph Transfer Prototype/Prototype.dse

Studio cannot find the necessary clone to run the script for G3F. Check to be sure the script is correctly installed. You may not have placed it in your primary library. Note, It is not supposed to be in "My Library/Content/" thus the instruction to extract the contents of the content folder.

Post edited by Singular Blues on
  • Redz said:

Next observation is that the order in which the figures is loaded in the scene appears to matter, as well as the selection order. If I have G8M loaded first and then load G3M, the script won’t run at all for G3M to G8M morph transfers. So it appears you must load the donor/source figure first?

Also a question, is G8M to G8F and vice versa supported in this version? I get an error when attempting this. So I assume only transfers between generations 3 to 8 and 8 to 3 (of either gender) is supported right now? Thanks again Singular, and this is all in the spirit of constructive feedback, not criticism, but you know that my friend. 

It should transfer between any of G3 and G8 to any of G3 and G8.

You say the order of selection in the figures you load is important so then does it:

a) G3F to G8F?

b) G3M to G8M?

c) G8F to G3F?

d) G8M to G8M?

e) G8M to G8F

f) G8F to G8M

h) Genesis to G8F? 

i) Genesis to G8M?

Just wondering what you managed given what you were talking about earlier in the thread.

Thanks by the way!

G2 and Genesis are not supported. Only G3 and G8.

Redz said:

a) G3F to G8F?

b) G3M to G8M?

c) G8F to G3F?

d) G8M to G8M?

e) G8M to G8F

f) G8F to G8M

h) Genesis to G8F? 

i) Genesis to G8M?

Thanks by the way!

Thanks!

• Redz said:

I've found an issue the the vertices at the back of the eyeball/sclera when transferring an extreme morph (The Orc) from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 3 Male. G3 doesn't have a back face on the eyeball, whereas G8 does, and a few of the outer vertices appear to have been omitted from the morph transfer.

There are nail issues with the G8 - G3 Transfer also

Hope this helps with development. Redz

If this is the worst it's done, I am surprised. I expected more trouble, tbh.

Redz said:

a) G3F to G8F?

b) G3M to G8M?

c) G8F to G3F?

d) G8M to G8M?

e) G8M to G8F

f) G8F to G8M

h) Genesis to G8F? 

i) Genesis to G8M?

Thanks by the way!

I tried again from G8M to G8F, but the script gives an error.

2018-02-05 16:57:25.239 WARNING: Script Error: Line 487
    2018-02-05 16:57:25.239 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'aExKey[0]' [undefined] is not an object.

edited February 2018

The script could transfer from one figure to the same figure, but that wouldn't really do anything. I should probably add a check point to stop it doing that.

Unlike the last script, this one does not run on a vertex by vertex comparison (it wouldn't be useful to do that for expanding beyond G3 and G8, and it would never work for the cross gender stuff). So these dangling vertexes are due to some kind of interference. The difficult issue, then is figuring out what is causing it and how to correct it. It'll take some trial and error to narrow that down.

I'm uploading the first trial now. Just copy this version of Prototype.dse to the scripts folder. Nothing else is changed as of now. Looks like some work needs to be done on the mouth and teeth, but I'm not seeing any distortions on my eyes and nails in my test files, and the results above would be visible at least slightly. So that means it's probably* not a clone issue, but a transfer issue. The change is the script is minor, and changes one of the projection settings. This is where the trial comes in. It may be one setting, or may need a combination of settings. It may turn out that one size fits all is not a good way to set those settings. I'm not sure, and the only way to test it is, well, testing. 

EDIT: Upload removed as changes have been merged with the original package here.

*It could be the G8M clone, specifically being off, but that will take a while to check. I will check it, but I've gotta do pesky "get a job stuff," and checking the script side, while requiring more individual tests, only requires that I change true to false or vice versa, so I can do that pretty easily while doing other things.

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 68
    Uthgard said:

Autofit doesn't conserve bones, as it adapts them to the target figure; you should instead use the transfer utility (although, with geografts, the results may not be that good, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help).

• Hi guys,

I'm tryng to create a Twi'lek figure with G8 and I'd love to use Lekkulion Head Tails but everytime I fit them to the model I lose the Pose morph/slide so the tails are unusable... 

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

This is sort of what you need. https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347

Yes, that's for Generation 4, not for Genesis, but most of the instructions apply.

The only bit that does not apply is "In Scene Tab, go to edit—rigging—convert figure to weight mapping.  Choose TriAx."

Genesis built figures are already either Triax or general weight mapped and do not need conversion.

Note, this will not allow the geografting to work. That's a whole other thing. You can try this. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24555/tutorial-starting-out-with-geo-grafting-repost/p1

Be aware, Geografting is "advanced" stuff. (it's not really that hard, but can be tedious. The issue is it is fiddly and it's not ever clear what you did wrong when it doesn't work). You often need to make adjustments to the graft figure in a 3rd party modeler so if you aren't comfortable with that, this may not be for you. G8 and G3 are similar but not the same, so the grafting data for one will not work for the other. it has to be "rebuilt" as it were. And because they aren't the same, it is possible the graft will not line up right after refitting, and that's where knowing how to edit the model in a separate program comes in.

Admitting that my script is experimental, the easiest way to combine a G3 graft with a G8 shape is to transfer the shape from G8 to G3. Obviously, you may have reasons to not want to do that. This isn't meant to be a boost to my script, which you'll note is being debugged and not perfect. It's just that as the two tuts above show, transfering grafts is non-trivial.

• Redz said:

2018-02-05 16:57:25.239 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'aExKey[0]' [undefined] is not an object.

This due some break in the code. It's supposed to skip that in this case. I'll have to troubleshoot my check points because it's basically asking for a file that does not exist. ANd it's supposed to not do that in this case.

Also, there is problem with the G8M clone's eyes. I was expecting something more fiddly, but it turns out it's pretty obvious. I'll fix it today.

Until I figure out why that check point isn't working, G8F<->G8M may fail, but it should be easy enough to fix when I find it. It has to be within a narrow range of changes I made.

Redz said:

This due some break in the code. It's supposed to skip that in this case. I'll have to troubleshoot my check points because it's basically asking for a file that does not exist. ANd it's supposed to not do that in this case.

Also, there is problem with the G8M clone's eyes. I was expecting something more fiddly, but it turns out it's pretty obvious. I'll fix it today.

Until I figure out why that check point isn't working, G8F<->G8M may fail, but it should be easy enough to fix when I find it. It has to be within a narrow range of changes I made.

If it helps, I get that error whenever I attempt a trans-gender transfer between the same generation ie G3M-G3F or G8M-G8F and vice versa. Transferring the same favourited morphs works from G3 to G8 or from G8 to G3, so the problem seems to be intra-generational.

edited February 2018
    Redz said:
    Redz said:

If it helps, I get that error whenever I attempt a trans-gender transfer between the same generation ie G3M-G3F or G8M-G8F and vice versa. Transferring the same favourited morphs works from G3 to G8 or from G8 to G3, so the problem seems to be intra-generational.

I wasn't having this issue. That's why I figure it's code change. I messed up one bit saturday when I moved a line of code and it ended up requesting an object before it defined that object. I may have done something similar with an if statement. Not sure. I don't remember doing it, but I didn't remember moving that other line and I clearly did. But the specific issue you've ID'd is related to translating expression code, and that is not required for G3<->G3 or G8<->G8 and it worked correctly before, so I must have broken it.

edited February 2018

Yet another update to prototype.dse. Should solve the same generation expression error. The same generation creates a null object, which is fine, but it seems I changed some code that probably wouldn't do anything anyway in the same generation case to more specfically look for that object in the cross generation case (it's more efficient). But that also meant it needed to be inside an if statement, and it wasn't.

The clones issue will take more time, since I might as well fix the mouth problems while I'm at it, and that means a whole bunch of work across all 4 clones. Well, across 3, since I can just use one as the basis clone and adjust the others to match it. As a guess, this clones problem will not effect basic morphs dramatically, but stylized, toon, and monster morphs will be distorted. I'm not seeing an issue with the fingernails as yet, but I'll look into while I handle the rest.

EDIT: Upload removed as changes have been merged with original package here.

Yet another update to prototype.dse. Should solve the same generation expression error. The same generation creates a null object, which is fine, but it seems I changed some code that probably wouldn't do anything anyway in the same generation case to more specfically look for that object in the cross generation case (it's more efficient). But that also meant it needed to be inside an if statement, and it wasn't.

The clones issue will take more time, since I might as well fix the mouth problems while I'm at it, and that means a whole bunch of work across all 4 clones. Well, across 3, since I can just use one as the basis clone and adjust the others to match it. As a guess, this clones problem will not effect basic morphs dramatically, but stylized, toon, and monster morphs will be distorted. I'm not seeing an issue with the fingernails as yet, but I'll look into while I handle the rest.

Great. With this update I was able to transfer the G8M Orc morph to G8F, but with the same eye and nail issues seen on G3M. Obviously I’m purposely trying an extreme morph to test the limits of the transfer abilities. 

More worryingly though, I now get a missing file error when loading base G8F, looking for data/daz 3D/genesis 8/female/genesis8fefemale.dsf 

• Redz said:

Great. With this update I was able to transfer the G8M Orc morph to G8F, but with the same eye and nail issues seen on G3M. Obviously I’m purposely trying an extreme morph to test the limits of the transfer abilities. 

More worryingly though, I now get a missing file error when loading base G8F, looking for data/daz 3D/genesis 8/female/genesis8fefemale.dsf 

That's new. But I know exactly how that happend. If you remove the orc files, it will go away. That's going to be harder to fix because reasons. It's down to another last second change that is required, but also kind of a pain. I'm thinking, though, I can get around that. Suffice it to say, this is in the core of script, so I'm gonna take the script down until it's fixed.

edited February 2018

All right.

All of the required changes have been merged into the tool set, tested, and appear to be working.

I just don't have any morphs that can really stress test the fingernail issue. I took a WAG and supposed the distance to the bottom of G3's separated nail is too large for the projection, so I made it smaller. If that's wrong, the next step is to create a special clone for G3 when it is the target.

The changed upload is back in the original post (see the top of my signature or click here).

All right.

All of the required changes have been merged into the tool set, tested, and appear to be working.

I just don't have any morphs that can really stress test the fingernail issue. I took a WAG and supposed the distance to the bottom of G3's separated nail is too large for the projection, so I made it smaller. If that's wrong, the next step is to create a special clone for G3 when it is the target.

The changed upload is back in the original post (see the top of my signature or click here).

Yellow highlighted link is wrong but the one at the top of your signature is correct.

• All right.

Yellow highlighted link is wrong but the one at the top of your signature is correct.

Fixed

• marth_emarth_e Posts: 171

Wow, Singular Blues. You are a genius. It's working super fast now. Is there a reason why the transfered morph doesn't show an icon card like with the old version of the script? Anyway, awesome work and thank you so much for sharing. 

Cheers,

Martha E.

All right.

Thanks Singular Blues. Testing the Orc again with the new prototype, the eye issue is fixed. The nail transfer is much improved, apart from some separation at the nail beds. (see pics). Hope this helps.

prototypeOrc2.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 426K
    prototypeOrc2a.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
  • alkenalken Posts: 253

Thank you for your hard work on this scritp.  I just tried transferring the V7 morph to G8F and everything looks great except for a fingernail on her left hand and  the upper arms have a weird curve:

AG-000.png
    1005 x 919 - 402K
    AG-001.png
    1018 x 971 - 615K
    edited February 2018
    marth.e said:

Wow, Singular Blues. You are a genius. It's working super fast now. Is there a reason why the transfered morph doesn't show an icon card like with the old version of the script? Anyway, awesome work and thank you so much for sharing. 

Cheers,

Martha E.

The card should show, but you will have to reload the figure to see it. I want to get around that, but I'm not sure I can. If you have experience with GenX, you know the target figure isn't loaded when it runs. Basically, the script has a similar issue. Many of the changes it makes are not made "live." Since the figure is live, it has to be reloaded before it will show all of the changes.

Redz said:

All right.

Thanks Singular Blues. Testing the Orc again with the new prototype, the eye issue is fixed. The nail transfer is much improved, apart from some separation at the nail beds. (see pics). Hope this helps.

Looks like a special clone will be needed to make the G3 nails work. Closing the distance on nails worked, but clearly the nail beds are too far out to project properly. Unfortunately, moving them would massively increase the odds of nail distortions in other figures. Most of that is fairly easy to fix, but I would prefer to have a generic solution, so I'll have a careful think about how to approach it. Right now the script is mostly agnostic about, and almost completely unaware of, what figures it is dealing with. That information lives in support files, which is maybe 25% of the reason the old script was over 2 megabyte to manage 2 types of transfers, and the new script is 10 kilobytes, with a full package size of about 1 meg, and can do 12 types of transfers. the other 75% is just the fact that the mechanism behind the morph translation is no longer coded as a brute force thing.

The need for a special clone to receive transfers may be limited to G3, but I'd rather build it so that any figure this issue crops up in can be supported at the support file level.

alken said:

Thank you for your hard work on this scritp.  I just tried transferring the V7 morph to G8F and everything looks great except for a fingernail on her left hand and  the upper arms have a weird curve:

I'm a bit stumped on the nail. Could be bad vertex position in the clone. Most likely it is as otherwise, if it was something systemic, it would at least be both hands. I'll look into it. For my information, it would help if you set mesh resolution to base, and checked the right hand. If it is systemic, the high res smoothing could be, well, smoothing the error out on the other side.

The arm is a thing that happens with all transfers to Genesis 8. Some are just more obvious than others. I don't know why it's a thing. There've been a few suggestions advanced, especially early in the thread, but I haven't seen a convincing explanation. If I knew of one, I would certainly look for a way to remove it, even if it was a simple as a corrective morph. I will think about it. This comes up a lot, and the random customer is not going to easily believe it's a result of the figure and not the script. So if I can find a way to fix it, I will.

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    marth.e said:

I'm a bit stumped on the nail. Could be bad vertex position in the clone. Most likely it is as otherwise, if it was something systemic, it would at least be both hands. I'll look into it. For my information, it would help if you set mesh resolution to base, and checked the right hand. If it is systemic, the high res smoothing could be, well, smoothing the error out on the other side.

The arm is a thing that happens with all transfers to Genesis 8. Some are just more obvious than others. I don't know why it's a thing. There've been a few suggestions advanced, especially early in the thread, but I haven't seen a convincing explanation. If I knew of one, I would certainly look for a way to remove it, even if it was a simple as a corrective morph. I will think about it. This comes up a lot, and the random customer is not going to easily believe it's a result of the figure and not the script. So if I can find a way to fix it, I will.

I have set the mesh resolution to base and the right hand still looks fine.   The problem seems isolated to the left hand.  

Thanks for the info on the curved upper arm.  I had a feeling it wasn't caused by your script but I just wanted to be sure.