Sakura 8

Comments

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017

More fun making Sakura 8 look less Anime.

Sakura8_11.png
    1556 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 2017

Mixed in a fraction of Growing Up and some other tweaks.

Sakura5.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 456K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • I think she mixes well with other characters.  This is a bit of a mashup.

1238849948372111223.jpg
    1667 x 2500 - 2M
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Soooo...the Eyes Add-On is released, and it was in the e-mail flyer, but it is not showing in the store.  sad

Only by direct link at the moment: https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-eyes-for-sakura-8

I am contacting them to fix it.  Sorry!  Here is the image from the email promo, it uses Visual Style Shaders! (click for big version)

• 3dOutlaw said:

Soooo...the Eyes Add-On is released, and it was in the e-mail flyer, but it is not showing in the store.  sad

Only by direct link at the moment: https://www.daz3d.com/sakura-eyes-for-sakura-8

I am contacting them to fix it.  Sorry!  Here is the image from the email promo, it uses Visual Style Shaders! (click for big version)

I see it in the sale promo page just fine.

LOL, I had "Hide Items I own" checked...my bad.  Stayed up too late.  blush

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358
    edited December 2017

Completely different to what I've done before, but this was fun even if it is simple.

Video Diary Start!

Video Diary Start.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 375K
    Post edited by Noswen on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

I had a feeling that using Lady LittleFox's eye trick might help some renders. In some cases, Sakura's eyes are either too dark or the real reflection from Iray does not go well with it. So what I did is turn off all reflection values, hide the lens, and turn the eyeball itself emissive. I used the same eye texture for the emission profile, and set the color to a light gray (too white and it can wash out the color.) I cranked the luminosity to around 11k for this render. This makes the eye a bit brighter, but not so bright it stands out like a light bulb is in her head. The luminosity value needed will depend on the scene lighting.

Again, I'm using a skin not from Sakura's bundle. I think it is perfect for Sakura.

Oh that turned out great! Could you share her eye shader with us? Or a screen shot of the settings? :) I love what you did and the look it gives - but I had a little trouble following your explination of what you did. 

It may be that my settings work best with this particular hdri, which is the recent winter sky freebie. It took a few trial and error renders to get this one where I wanted it. I can dig into the settings when I get a chance. But there are two surfaces under Sakura's eyeballs. I cut the surface for the lens opacity to 0 so it wouldn't look like a window. On the eyeball surface, I made the base color full white as it was slightly gray. I forgot to mention that.
  • scorpio said:

Mixed in a fraction of Growing Up and some other tweaks.

Looks great! What dress is used in this image?

Is it the same dress used here: Japanese Anime Poses https://www.daz3d.com/japanese-anime-poses-for-sakura-8-and-genesis-8-female-s ?

If both dresses are differnt anyone have any idea what ether of them are? :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

It's one of the dForce outfits. Free Spirit maybe? Anyway searching on dForce ought to bring it up.

• RainRain Posts: 335
    bailaowai said:

I think she mixes well with other characters.  This is a bit of a mashup.

She is so cute!

• JOdel said:

It's one of the dForce outfits. Free Spirit maybe? Anyway searching on dForce ought to bring it up.

Hmm yeah its Free Spirit, used in scorpio 's Render.  But darn it doesn't seem to be the same one used in Japanese Anime Poses. It has differnt neck line and side / hip frills.

Thank you. :)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693
    edited December 2017
    ItsCeo said:

Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

Hey, did you get your new computer going?

I think so, was on the phone with New Egg for over an hour and had to open it up and make adjustments. I'm a true geek now! I still have to hook it up to the new monitor and find a safe place for it where my cat won't knock it over! I'm still keeping my 27" 32GB iMac as my main computer, this is just for Daz and VR! Downloading my whole DIM library to a 8TB external hard drive, then hopefully I will be good to go, thanks for asking and sorry OT. The problem was with my laptop, DIM apparently deleted Daz Studio from the computer then added it to the external hard drive. I had to reinstall DS on the laptop. Hoping that when everything downloads, both will work!

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • 3dOutlaw said:

@3dOutlaw  I'm curious about whether this would work on G8F without Sakura. Is there something with how her eyes are made that make this only work with Sakura or would this possibly work with G8F without Sakura? If they are totally new eyes, then I'm thinking that the only drawback to using on G8F would be the larger eye sockets, maybe? I'm curious because I think they'd look really cute with Dolly who also has the larger eyes. I don't have any plans to get Sakura right now but I like your eyes.

Here's a little something I put together just now using Sakura 8, LineRender9000, and my Manga Style Shaders. Some minor postwork was done to remove some of the outlines and shading around the mouth and eyes.

I must say I absolutely adore Sakura 8!

P.S: Bonus points for anyone who recognises what this particular pose is referencing.

Posted this larger so people could see it. I love this @TheNathanParable ! I don't know who it is though...

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

I mixed her with Pei for G8F. LOVE Sakura very much.

My-Pei-Sakura.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 690K
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 2017
    3dOutlaw said:

@3dOutlaw  I'm curious about whether this would work on G8F without Sakura. Is there something with how her eyes are made that make this only work with Sakura or would this possibly work with G8F without Sakura? If they are totally new eyes, then I'm thinking that the only drawback to using on G8F would be the larger eye sockets, maybe? I'm curious because I think they'd look really cute with Dolly who also has the larger eyes. I don't have any plans to get Sakura right now but I like your eyes.

I just got them, I would have thought that Daz had fixed this problem and gave us a free update. Glad someone made those eyes though.

Post edited by Petra on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

This thread is making me aware of new things in Daz, I'd never even heard of things like Line Render or Manga Style Shaders before.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 657
    edited December 2017

I bought the Sakura Probundle yesterday, I couldn't resist. She's so cute, I love her heart and the other characters in the bundle too smiley. This is my first render with her: 

SAKURA.png
    2160 x 2160 - 6M
    Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

I knew she had some extra morphs, but I didn't expect them to be so hugely extensive. I'm stunned at how many options she comes with. Super worthwhile purchase!

edited December 2017
    3dOutlaw said:

Yes, I will post a image on the commercial thread, so we don't get off topic here!  angel

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 2017

I made another render, this time with Pix Charu's head and Sakura's body:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/494651/

Sorry to spam the thread with renders, I'll try not to post anymore blush  laugh. I just love this character so much heart.

• I want her so bad!!! Must be strong .... Please Please someone tell me a boy will be on the way.

• I made another render, this time with Pix Charu's head and Sakura's body:

Sorry to spam the thread with renders, I'll try not to post anymore blush  laugh. I just love this character so much heart.

Awesome image, keep sharing. I don't mind :) 

edited December 2017

I made another render, this time with Pix Charu's head and Sakura's body:

Awesome image, keep sharing. I don't mind :) 

Thanks! heartsmiley

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Wow. Get her a male counterpart, and I might just buy into G8.

edited December 2017

Somehow Sakura is still screwed up on my laptop and I couldn’t get her eyes, eyebrows or eyelashes to load... So instead I loaded G8 and added her shape along with a little of Dolly and several other morphs and I love how many new morphs she adds to the gene pool! When I saw V8 I was not excited at all about G8, but now with all these new morphs, I’m liking G8 female, (but not the male so far and I still hate V8 LOL) I was in a hurry, but I could see playing a long time mixing her morphs with others! 

04694972-CF0F-4A94-A0E6-A0C7F3389BA7.png
    600 x 600 - 588K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • ItsCeo said:

Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

Hey, did you get your new computer going?

I think so, was on the phone with New Egg for over an hour and had to open it up and make adjustments. I'm a true geek now!

yes

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Loving the renders! She's adorable and I will jump on board as soon as I can. Her release reminds me though, that I have many wonderful toon characters already that I need to use more often! Off to render Keiko and Aiko a bit! 

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

OK, I am home and I can give more detail on brightening her eyes.

Sakura 8 eyeballs has two surfaces, 'JA EYES' and 'JA LENS'.

I went through JA LENS and set cutout opacity to 0.

On JA EYES, you need to do a few things, and all of these can be variable. First, go to base color and click the color bar, and set it to full white. Scroll down to Emission Color, click the color and slide the bar up to about 3 quarters to white. You can go all white, too. But note there is a balance between how white you go here and the luminance values you will need below. Also, click the texture and locate the texture that Sakura's eyes you have in use. It will show up in the drop down menu.

I didn't mess with emission temp. You can if you wish. Remember how light color works, you want a high color temp for whiter light that matches her eyes. So the default 6500 is ok.

Next is the "Luminance" value. This is tricky, because few people understand how the cd/m^2 values work. The value needs to be very high to even be noticeable. In my render, it was 15,000. The result is actually VERY subtle compared to not having any emission value. To really see the light pop, crank it really high. Like 70,000. Again, this value depends all on the lights you have in your scene. My scene is using the free winter sky hdri, which is fairly bright outdoor light. That means my emission values need to be pretty high or the light will be overpowered by the sky. If this was a dark scene, then the luminance value needed would not be as high.

To demonstrate the 70,000 luminance I made a new render. This makes her eyes pop like you expect an anime character to do. It also disables any uncanny valley effect that people may have (which I believe is where the people who commented how horrifying Sakura 8 looks came from.) Since most people are going for less realism here, this can help.

For reference, the old one with 15,000 Luminance

Also, on a final note, I wanted to say that I believe a great skin for Sakura is Belle 6. I baked Belle's skin to conform to Genesis 2, and then I used Blacksmith3D's Texture Transformer to transfer them all to Genesis 3. Thank goodness G8 can use G3 textures, because I really didn't want to do this again, LOL. At any rate, if you have the ability to convert Belle 6 to Genesis 3, I think the effort is totally worth it (and not just for Sakura.) Belle 6 is worth it just for her skin.

IMO Belle 6 is the Brett Hart of Daznyland. The Best there is, the Best there was, and the Best that ever will be!