Sakura 8

Comments

• This deal looks interesting, too bad it's only for today! I don't get money till friday! oh well!  

• This deal looks interesting, too bad it's only for today! I don't get money till friday! oh well!  

The DAZ flagship figures promos generally last a lot longer than one day. They just get moved to a secondary banner to make way for the day's next sale. I suspect there will be a lot of Sakura related releases in coming days.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    Pet said:
    scorpio said:

Here's Dolly mixed with sakura 50% each and 100 % Josie mixed with 50% Sakura, both are done from the base mosel G8F, so don't use Sakura's eyes the G8F eyes will need rescaling and positioning.

How ccan I not use Sakura eyes, I have no idea how to blend them out.

Your render looks lovely.

Pet

I tend to start with base G8F and dial in this way I don't have to deal with Sakura's eyes.

Or as agent unawares suggusts just delete them.

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

This deal looks interesting, too bad it's only for today! I don't get money till friday! oh well!  

The DAZ flagship figures promos generally last a lot longer than one day. They just get moved to a secondary banner to make way for the day's next sale. I suspect there will be a lot of Sakura related releases in coming days.

Yes, I kinda ment getting the added 2 free pro bundles. that is really awesome. I don't have any of the items in those. So it would be a super deal. Monique and Darrius lasted many days.

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Sakura, one of the eye and mouth variations, postwork filters. Original render included as an attachment.

Excellent!

Yes, I kinda ment getting the added 2 free pro bundles. that is really awesome. I don't have any of the items in those. So it would be a super deal. Monique and Darrius lasted many days.

I expect that deal to last for days as well. It always has in the past.

• Not really super fond of the highly stylized and anime figures although I have Keiko, Callie, Dolly all the Aikos and all The Girls.Sakura is cute so I may get her in the future so I am glad to give my wallet a rest. But I have been converting all of the above to G8, so I don't feel left out and I might get some clothes if I fancy them enough.

• What’s this about RareStone and a bishonen? Oh god I do hope so. My greatest wish is for a proper bishy. Gender-swapping anime girls does produce a certain kind of boytype-anime character, but not the sort I want my anime girls to be all tsundere over. 

Now I would get a boy if it came out

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

She's finally working! After waiting a bit longer and re-downloading via connect, everything sorted itself out. Here is my first render of Sakura 8.

May I ask what light you used for this beautiful image. Her skin is so beautiful here.

Pet

scorpio said:
    Pet said:
    scorpio said:

Here's Dolly mixed with sakura 50% each and 100 % Josie mixed with 50% Sakura, both are done from the base mosel G8F, so don't use Sakura's eyes the G8F eyes will need rescaling and positioning.

Pet

I tend to start with base G8F and dial in this way I don't have to deal with Sakura's eyes.

Hmm, when I delete those eyes than I have empty eye sockets with no eyes. 

Thank you ro the quick reply.

Pet

fatel666 said:

Can someone confirm that the base character is in the pro bundle? I purchased it and downloded the contents but theres no base figure in my products owned

I bought the pro bundle and the base character comes with it.

Pet

• Pet said:
    scorpio said:
    Pet said:
    scorpio said:

Pet

Hmm, when I delete those eyes than I have empty eye sockets with no eyes. 

Thank you ro the quick reply.

Pet

Like I said, you have to make them visible in the Surfaces tab.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017

Here is Sakura8 (About 50%)

Genesis 8 Eyes, OnFleek Lashes, and Ultimate Eyebrows.

Sakura 8 : 100% (With head morph dialed back to 50%)
    DE Alice Head : 50%
    Body Size : 50%
    A few face and eye shape adjustments.

Sakura8_10.png
    1125 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

So this our new Aiko 8? I can live with this <3.

I love how Daz finally got the clue and make the character look akin to those Miku Miku Dance models.

Looking foward to how littlefox will jump at it.

• And I was right. The eyes don't fit the socket when they turn.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

See the huge gap? I color it black here to make it more noticeable.

What they've done, instead of using round eyes, is to make a kind of collar that encircles the entire eyeball, the same color as the eyeball, so when there's a gap you see through to the collar. This is an abolutely bizarre design choice, since the collar is never actually going to render the same color as the eyeball in almost any real use case.

Bonus shot of the collar, colored black.

Why.

Most definetely a bug.

• And I was right. The eyes don't fit the socket when they turn.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

See the huge gap? I color it black here to make it more noticeable.

What they've done, instead of using round eyes, is to make a kind of collar that encircles the entire eyeball, the same color as the eyeball, so when there's a gap you see through to the collar. This is an abolutely bizarre design choice, since the collar is never actually going to render the same color as the eyeball in almost any real use case.

Bonus shot of the collar, colored black.

Why.

Most definetely a bug.

Yep, seeing tthe inside of a girl's eye socket is not something that can be reasonably called a feature except for horror content.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited December 2017

When is DimensionTheory's Iray Toon Shader coming out? IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products. They could have had bundle deals involving each other. Also, was this Shader used in all the toon shaded promos, or just the one that mentions it?

It's been out for quite a while: https://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray

I completely forgot about that product. Still, I'd like to know if the other promos that don't mention it are using that or something else, or if they are even 3DL.

I couldn't help but notice this promo does NOT have the Iray icon like most others do, so is this render actually 3DL??

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • When is DimensionTheory's Iray Toon Shader coming out? IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products. They could have had bundle deals involving each other. Also, was this Shader used in all the toon shaded promos, or just the one that mentions it?

It's been out for quite a while: https://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray

I completely forgot about that product. Still, I'd like to know if the other promos that don't mention it are using that or something else, or if they are even 3DL.

I couldn't help but notice this promo does NOT have the Iray icon like most others do, so is this render actually 3DL??

I really want to know what this is, too.

• Here is a side-by-side render of the four figures released with Sakura 8. For these images, I used the Anime Bun Hair, Kawaii Outfit, and a Zeddicus Pose created for Sakura. The lighting and background was from Ultra Genesis.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    JamesJAB said:

Here is Sakura8 (About 50%)

Genesis 8 Eyes, OnFleek Lashes, and Ultimate Eyebrows.

Sakura 8 : 100% (With head morph dialed back to 50%)
    DE Alice Head : 50%
    Body Size : 50%
    A few face and eye shape adjustments.

Gorgeous!  Not only does that eliminate the "sharp edge" that bothers some people, but I especially like the fact that running at less than 100% seems to give you more nuance in the mouth expressions. 

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

Hey, did you get your new computer going?
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742

When is DimensionTheory's Iray Toon Shader coming out? IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products. They could have had bundle deals involving each other. Also, was this Shader used in all the toon shaded promos, or just the one that mentions it?

The lack of an Iray logo could imply that it's 3DL, or it could be something done in post.  Certainly the base skin and hair could easily have been done using the Visual Style shaders (note that the shirt's buttons have no toon effect, which rules out ToonyCam.)  That said, I think there's been additional skin detail like the blush and eyeshadow added via either LIE or a Geoshell, or in post.  Hopefully it's something we'll learn the answer to tomorrow.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    edited December 2017
    Cybersox said:

The lack of an Iray logo could imply that it's 3DL, or it could be something done in post.  Certainly the base skin and hair could easily have been done using the Visual Style shaders (note that the shirt's buttons have no toon effect, which rules out ToonyCam.)  That said, I think there's been additional skin detail like the blush and eyeshadow added via either LIE or a Geoshell, or in post.  Hopefully it's something we'll learn the answer to tomorrow.

I'm guessing it's mostly DimensionTheory's Sketchy Toon shaders. It's pretty great. Here's a quick render I did with it.

Iray render, no post work. I don't know what lighting and render settings they used, so it's possible with that information one could probably get closer to the look they created.

Their image might have some post work, I don't know, but you can do some pretty awesome things with those shaders, so who knows. lol :) Maybe they'll stop by and let us know. laugh

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Here's a little something I put together just now using Sakura 8, LineRender9000, and my Manga Style Shaders. Some minor postwork was done to remove some of the outlines and shading around the mouth and eyes.

I must say I absolutely adore Sakura 8!

P.S: Bonus points for anyone who recognises what this particular pose is referencing.

Sakura8_Manga_Full.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 553K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    3dOutlaw said:

Hey all, I was late to see the release!  Very excited about this character!

Speaking of eyes, I've got an add-on pending the Daz store commercial release that has new spherical eyes. - LINK

Hoping it to be released very soon!  There is a thread in the commercial forums (link just above) with more pics, but here is a promo:

Wow love those eyes and how they enhance the character.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Here's a little something I put together just now using Sakura 8, LineRender9000, and my Manga Style Shaders. Some minor postwork was done to remove some of the outlines and shading around the mouth and eyes.

P.S: Bonus points for anyone who recognises what this particular pose is referencing.

Love that, nice job!

Here's a little something I put together just now using Sakura 8, LineRender9000, and my Manga Style Shaders. Some minor postwork was done to remove some of the outlines and shading around the mouth and eyes.

That looks great! Like an old-school manga or something! Nicely done!

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Another question, how do the included hairs handle other (more real) hair shaders?

Another one with DimensionTheory's Sketchy Toon shaders.

I expect that deal to last for days as well. It always has in the past.

what deal is thsi?