dForce Master - HairForce MEGA Thread [Commerical]

Comments

• I bought HairForce on the day of release, but have only just been able to try it out (or at least, tried to). 

I was using Coleraine Hair on Aiko 7. I've followed the instructions and, 17 seconds into simulation, it crashed. Well, Daz crashed. In the end, I had to close Daz through Windows "program not responding" window. 

I can't do any more right now.

In theory, if Daz can use dForce, then it can use HairForce? I'm using an AMD (Scrapper) graphics card with a 4GB Ram.

Edit: I couldn't find the PDF, I was reading from this thread on how to use HairForce.

/ReadMe's/49199_dForce-master—hair-simulation-presets-for-dForce-cloth-engine.pdf according to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/49199/file_list

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

I bought HairForce on the day of release, but have only just been able to try it out (or at least, tried to). 

I was using Coleraine Hair on Aiko 7. I've followed the instructions and, 17 seconds into simulation, it crashed. Well, Daz crashed. In the end, I had to close Daz through Windows "program not responding" window. 

In theory, if Daz can use dForce, then it can use HairForce? I'm using an AMD (Scrapper) graphics card with a 4GB Ram.

Edit: I couldn't find the PDF, I was reading from this thread on how to use HairForce.

If the simulation crashes you might have to restart your computer to get dForce working again

HairForce is pretty much a part of dForce so yes if you can use dForce you can use HairForce...

I am looking at the hair you used, I don't have it but it does not seem to me that it would crash upon simulation... Can you give me the kind of pose you are doing and also, can you go to surface tab and see if the simulation settings under all surfaces of the hair has been changed to the preset you desire? (And Scalp surface being applied scalp preset) sometimes if you don't select the hair prop before clicking the buttons the preset won't be applied (and no warning as well)

I bought HairForce on the day of release, but have only just been able to try it out (or at least, tried to). 

/ReadMe's/49199_dForce-master—hair-simulation-presets-for-dForce-cloth-engine.pdf according to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/49199/file_list

Thanks laugh

• EcVh0 said:

Thanks laugh

No problem. Had pointed someone else in that direction earlier today on Facebook, so I still knew where to look.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897
    Artini said:

I have run static pose simulation with the soft hair preset 8 on Charli Hair, that was attached to Lyra.

https://www.daz3d.com/charli-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/lyra-hd-for-genesis-8-female

This hair does not have hair cap, so I've just painted the weight map on the top part of the hair.

Simulation Time: 30 minutes 43.51 seconds on GTX 1080

I still do not know, how to make hair hanging down softly by gravity.

I just finished trying it on the Charli hair as well. I'd been messing with it using dForce for a couple of days and it workes pretty well with just the dForce dynamic surface setting applied. I hadn't thought to weightmap it, though, so the bangs kept pulling themselves loose and sliding down my character's nose. Here's my first good result, using the setting Normal 01. I painted the weightmap only on the base of the bangs to keep them from moving and stopped the simulation early (15-ish percent and 25 minutes into the sim). My first try, I let it run for an hour and all the hair at the back swung forward and left her bald in back. Too bad, though, because it looked good in the front! 

The only problem with stopping this one early is that it left the ends of the hair in front looking a bit oddly arranged, like they've been caught on her dress.  A longer sim would probably fix that and let them settle eventually. In the attached pictures you can see my first try with my own dForce settings (and strands of hair all over the face) and the second try with EcVh0's preset and some weightmapping.

Vivenne Try 2.png
    2308 x 3000 - 5M
    Vivenne 1.png
    2308 x 3000 - 5M
  • I bought this because it is what is missing in Daz studio. I tend to avoid long hair in daz because there is no good way to control the movement of the hair well. I bought this because it is something that is badly needed in Daz studio. Thanks Evcho keep improving this. I will eventually get to dForce. Busy with other projects.

I bought this because it is what is missing in Daz studio. I tend to avoid long hair in daz because there is no good way to control the movement of the hair well. I bought this because it is something that is badly needed in Daz studio. Thanks Evcho keep improving this. I will eventually get to dForce. Busy with other projects.

Thank you for your support angel

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,788
    EcVh0 said:
    Artini said:

I have run static pose simulation with the soft hair preset 8 on Charli Hair, that was attached to Lyra.

This hair does not have hair cap, so I've just painted the weight map on the top part of the hair.

Well it is getting there! laugh

Did the hair happens to go to the hanging pose you want then moves up again to your current pose during simulation?

Yes, the hair keeps moving up and down during the simulation, but I let simulation went to the end, to see, what happens.

I think, next time, I will run the animated line simulation, so I can choose different frame to render, in case hair will go up again.

edited December 2017

Hi, Mary Baker. Your "Vivienne Try 2" looks great. Thanks for the description of how did you made it.

Thats the look, I am looking for my simulations, as well. I do not want that the "puffiness" of the hair dissapear after simulation.

Due to quite long simulation time, I have not made many of them, so far.

I also have not tweaked any simulation settings besides applying the presets from HairForce.

I think, I have tried some hair, when the simulation on it, took only couple of minutes, so I can quickly test different settings.

Post edited by Artini on
  • petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited December 2017
    EcVh0 said:
    EcVh0 said:

Hi EcVh0, Hope you can help. Using Layton Hair on genesis 3 I am follwoing the PDF on how to use it but the simulation (in the simulating Dialogue box) only ever gets to 50% yet the stabalizing Simulation goes to 100%, so the hair just don't seem to do as it is told. By the way I have used other Hair models such as Grace Hair on Gnesis 8 female, where am I going wrong please. I have atached a screenshot of it

thanks

pete

Stablizing simulation goes to 100% sounds normal to me, I used that hair quite a bit so I’m sure can help you here :D 

which setting did you apply to the hair and what kind of pose were you trying to achieve? :)

Tried different poses, such as lying down. Tried different settings such as the soft hair preset04. Something else, reading through the PDF I notice the Tool settings, and add the the dforce simulation etc in the unused maps, yet it isn't there to start with, do i need to do something else?

pete

Don't worry about the tool setting part, that is only needed when your hair falls apart which I believe is not the case, right?

Try using soft hair set 08 and see if it helps moving the hair, if not, go to "surface tab" and move the dynamic strength up by 1.0 and it should move a lot more smiley

Hi EcVho. No didn't work, and yes the hair does breakup so how do i get the tool setting set-up as all i have is what the screenshot shows. Also have you any idea why I only ever see that it is sumilated at 50%

thanks

pete

Screen Shot Simulation.jpg
    398 x 432 - 53K
    Screen Shot Simulation_1.jpg
    570 x 540 - 74K
    Screen Shot Simulation_2.jpg
    384 x 660 - 65K
    Post edited by petes images on

Hi Petes images. As a matter of simulating stays at 50%, I have that too, but after stabilizing is done, the simulating goes forward.

The time, when it happens for me, varies heavily on the hair being used. You should still see some advance in lower bar (stabilizing).

I also experience some blackouts of the screen during simulations, and sometimes graphic card driver crash and Daz Studio stops responding.

I will try to make screenshots of setting weight map painting and then I will post it here.

• Artini said:

Hi Petes images. As a matter of simulating stays at 50%, I have that too, but after stabilizing is done, the simulating goes forward.

The time, when it happens for me, varies heavily on the hair being used. You should still see some advance in lower bar (stabilizing).

I also experience some blackouts of the screen during simulations, and sometimes graphic card driver crash and Daz Studio stops responding.

I will try to make screenshots of setting weight map painting and then I will post it here.

The lower bar stabalizing reaches 100%, only crashed a few times generally that is ok. I can not add any weight mapping as screenshot simulation_2 shows, how do i get it to show the dforce in the tool seeings node weight map brush

pete

edited December 2017

Here it comes:

After choosing the hair in Scene and in Surfaces tab

click on "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface" from Simulation tab (you already know that)

Keep the hair in Scene and in Surfaces tab choosen, then click on Create menu

and pick up "New dForce Modifier Weight Node" from it.

Please be sure, that "Parent to Selected item" is marked (expand Options if needed)

Go to "Tool Settings" tab and make sure, that "dForce Modifier Weight Node" is selected

Click on "Add Map" button (on the right side of "Unused Maps" row)

to create "Influence Weights" map.

After that, the hair should become red, and you can start painting map by keeping pressed Alt key

and moving your mouse pointer with left mouse button pressed over red area of hair.

Mayuka01scr.jpg
    981 x 535 - 154K
    Mayuka02scr.jpg
    287 x 453 - 44K
    Mayuka03scr.jpg
    323 x 228 - 31K
    Mayuka04scr.jpg
    397 x 703 - 66K
    Mayuka05scr.jpg
    1304 x 752 - 239K
    Mayuka06scr.jpg
    713 x 520 - 90K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

The lower bar stabalizing reaches 100%, only crashed a few times generally that is ok. I can not add any weight mapping as screenshot simulation_2 shows, how do i get it to show the dforce in the tool seeings node weight map brush

pete

Worked ut how to add the weight maps, so now just a metter of practice, practice, and more practice

thanks

merry christmas to all

Artini said:
    EcVh0 said:
    Artini said:

Well it is getting there! laugh

Did the hair happens to go to the hanging pose you want then moves up again to your current pose during simulation?

Yes, the hair keeps moving up and down during the simulation, but I let simulation went to the end, to see, what happens.

I think, next time, I will run the animated line simulation, so I can choose different frame to render, in case hair will go up again.

yeah sometimes the hair just goes back because dForce has this "Revert" kind of mode mostly at the second half of the simulation to move the hair back to its original position... lol

If you set the density to really really high, it might be able to solve this problem :) Framing sounds like a really good idea tho!

EcVh0 said:
    EcVh0 said:

Hi EcVh0, Hope you can help. Using Layton Hair on genesis 3 I am follwoing the PDF on how to use it but the simulation (in the simulating Dialogue box) only ever gets to 50% yet the stabalizing Simulation goes to 100%, so the hair just don't seem to do as it is told. By the way I have used other Hair models such as Grace Hair on Gnesis 8 female, where am I going wrong please. I have atached a screenshot of it

thanks

pete

Stablizing simulation goes to 100% sounds normal to me, I used that hair quite a bit so I’m sure can help you here :D 

which setting did you apply to the hair and what kind of pose were you trying to achieve? :)

Tried different poses, such as lying down. Tried different settings such as the soft hair preset04. Something else, reading through the PDF I notice the Tool settings, and add the the dforce simulation etc in the unused maps, yet it isn't there to start with, do i need to do something else?

pete

Don't worry about the tool setting part, that is only needed when your hair falls apart which I believe is not the case, right?

Try using soft hair set 08 and see if it helps moving the hair, if not, go to "surface tab" and move the dynamic strength up by 1.0 and it should move a lot more smiley

Hi EcVho. No didn't work, and yes the hair does breakup so how do i get the tool setting set-up as all i have is what the screenshot shows. Also have you any idea why I only ever see that it is sumilated at 50%

thanks

pete

Ah I can see what is happening here, i think weightmapping (like artini's nice tutorial above) should be able to solve the problem

If not, try using the directional gradient tool right next to the Brush P and Brush S in tool setting (the one like a pillar) to stop part of the hair on the top from moving as well smiley

Artini said:

Here it comes:

After choosing the hair in Scene and in Surfaces tab

click on "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface" from Simulation tab (you already know that)

Keep the hair in Scene and in Surfaces tab choosen, then click on Create menu

and pick up "New dForce Modifier Weight Node" from it.

Please be sure, that "Parent to Selected item" is marked (expand Options if needed)

Go to "Tool Settings" tab and make sure, that "dForce Modifier Weight Node" is selected

Click on "Add Map" button (on the right side of "Unused Maps" row)

to create "Influence Weights" map.

After that, the hair should become red, and you can start painting map by keeping pressed Alt key

and moving your mouse pointer with left mouse button pressed over red area of hair.

Thanks for the very detailed tutorial! I'm gonna add a link to this at front (If I can that is lol) so everyone can see this! Thanks a lot!

edited December 2017

Just another trial of animated line simulation done on CPU i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz.

Hair used: Adalyn Hair, character: Mayuka

https://www.daz3d.com/adalyn-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/mayuka-for-genesis-3-female

HairForce preset used: Normal Difficult Hair 01, Dynamic Strength: 1.0

Simulation Time: 3 hours 7 minutes 30.6 seconds

Just stopped simulation after 4 frames - could not wait any longer.

AdalynHair01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 185K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

Here a quick one. I forgot which preset I used. I did use a wind node at 10 mph.

hair used: Miranda Hair.

Windtesthair.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 90K
    Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • @EcVh0

10/10 would buy again.

I'm already seeing some big differences and I've only done a couple hours of experimenting! I'm still trying to figure out the finer mechanics but what I've learned so far is to not make it all as dynamic as possible... i think.

This is definitely worth the money, thanks so much for this!

JessicaDynamicHairTest.jpg
    1139 x 912 - 334K
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

No offense to EcVho who obviously put a lot of time into this, but...

This product (or something like it) needs a lot of work before it can produce usable results. Must of the images I'm seeing on this thread look more like hair explosions than real, dynamic hair. Frankly, the static models look better.

• Yeah, the results people are getting are not great. It looks like the kind of thing you would have to understand how to set up yourself to use.

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

This product (or something like it) needs a lot of work before it can produce usable results. Must of the images I'm seeing on this thread look more like hair explosions than real, dynamic hair. Frankly, the static models look better.

For me, I have just been playing around with crazy settings for wind. Have not tried to do what is shown in the promos. I will try some of that soon.

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Artini said:

wow.  i've had some bad hair days, but i've never had my hair actually attack me...

:)

thanks to everyone who's posted renders.

j

edited December 2017
    Artini said:

Just another trial of animated line simulation done on CPU i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz.

Hair used: Adalyn Hair, character: Mayuka

https://www.daz3d.com/adalyn-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/mayuka-for-genesis-3-female

HairForce preset used: Normal Difficult Hair 01, Dynamic Strength: 1.0

Simulation Time: 3 hours 7 minutes 30.6 seconds

Just stopped simulation after 4 frames - could not wait any longer.

Hmm somehow this seems like the hair is stuck onto the hand at some frame of simulation which causes the hair to stretch with the hand movement...

You could try to disable arm and hand in simulation by applying dynamic surface to the character, turn every single surface's dynamic strength to 0 and turn off "visible in simulation" for both arm and fingernail surface

Or maybe you can send me the scene you want to do and I will see what I can change stuff to make it work?

Post edited by EcVh0 on

Here a quick one. I forgot which preset I used. I did use a wind node at 10 mph.

hair used: Miranda Hair.

The right side looks nice! Maybe some weightmapping on the left so it won't fly away? cheeky

Yeah sadly it is not a complete hair engine or one click magic but my best go in correcting dForce Engine settings so it can be used on hair, I will continue developing this however, hopefully one moment I can hit "boom wow everything works like a charm" and I can push it up as an update smiley

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    EcVh0 said:

Yeah sadly it is not a complete hair engine or one click magic but my best go in correcting dForce Engine settings so it can be used on hair, I will continue developing this however, hopefully one moment I can hit "boom wow everything works like a charm" and I can push it up as an update smiley

Godspeed! We all hope you get there, as that would be amazing. :D

• EcVh0... apologies for not rendering any tests sooner... that whole life/work thing got in the way :(

Anyway... I had a chance to have a bit of a play and here is the first result. I have used Flotsam hair for G3/G8, by Prae, purchased at Rendorosity.

Chose this hair because its pretty wild and thought hey why not!  I was really surprised by how well it performed using the wet setting number 3. Shown is the hair with no morphs (image 01), The hair with hair down morphs applied (image 02). I did this because I thought giving it a helping hand may help speed up the render... I think it helped and rendered quite quickly. 

Image 03 shows the result. The only thing I changed was instead of a single frame I simulated a 45 frame animation so that I could choose which frame I liked best (frame 4 I think). After a few more frames in the animation some of the hair appeared to fall out... but I have to say that I am pretty chuffed with the product so far, considering how new dForce is and that it's not made for hair.

Well done, keep up the great work and feel free to add this to the list of hair that works... or doesn't... if you think this is a fail! :)

01 Flotsam Hair No morphs.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 243K
    02 Flotsam Hair Down morphs.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 168K
    03 Hairforce Flotsam Wet Setting 3.jpg
    1200 x 1050 - 130K
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,575

EcVh0... apologies for not rendering any tests sooner... that whole life/work thing got in the way :(

Anyway... I had a chance to have a bit of a play and here is the first result. I have used Flotsam hair for G3/G8, by Prae, purchased at Rendorosity.

Chose this hair because its pretty wild and thought hey why not!  I was really surprised by how well it performed using the wet setting number 3. Shown is the hair with no morphs (image 01), The hair with hair down morphs applied (image 02). I did this because I thought giving it a helping hand may help speed up the render... I think it helped and rendered quite quickly. 

Image 03 shows the result. The only thing I changed was instead of a single frame I simulated a 45 frame animation so that I could choose which frame I liked best (frame 4 I think). After a few more frames in the animation some of the hair appeared to fall out... but I have to say that I am pretty chuffed with the product so far, considering how new dForce is and that it's not made for hair.

Well done, keep up the great work and feel free to add this to the list of hair that works... or doesn't... if you think this is a fail! :)

Wow . . . those are fantastic results, @Digital Delirium!

- Greg