dForce Master - HairForce MEGA Thread [Commerical]

1456810

Comments

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

    EcVh0... apologies for not rendering any tests sooner... that whole life/work thing got in the way :(

    Anyway... I had a chance to have a bit of a play and here is the first result. I have used Flotsam hair for G3/G8, by Prae, purchased at Rendorosity.

    Chose this hair because its pretty wild and thought hey why not!  I was really surprised by how well it performed using the wet setting number 3. Shown is the hair with no morphs (image 01), The hair with hair down morphs applied (image 02). I did this because I thought giving it a helping hand may help speed up the render... I think it helped and rendered quite quickly. 

    Image 03 shows the result. The only thing I changed was instead of a single frame I simulated a 45 frame animation so that I could choose which frame I liked best (frame 4 I think). After a few more frames in the animation some of the hair appeared to fall out... but I have to say that I am pretty chuffed with the product so far, considering how new dForce is and that it's not made for hair.

    Well done, keep up the great work and feel free to add this to the list of hair that works... or doesn't... if you think this is a fail! :)

    Don't worry! I hope you smashed work/life with your force wink

    This is amazing! To be absolutely honest wet presets are my most confident sets, because it's messy, it's soft and it sticks to the body!... lol

    And I am actually surprised that this hair works, when I looked at the product page I just got scared away by the amount of random "messy" strands it has, it must have taken so long to simulate... anyhow, great work it looks really amazing! Definitely isn't a fail I assure you!laugh

     

     

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 7,016
    edited December 2017

    I am also getting slowly to the point, I like more my HairForce simulations.

    Just updated AMD graphic drivers on my other computer and puff - instead of 10th's of hours,

    simulations take 10th's of minutes to complete. I also noticed that AMD OpenCL drivers are

    much better and stable, than Nvidia Open CL - no one crash so far.

    Below is the render of the frame 20 of the simulation of Olenna Hair on System 50.

    https://www.daz3d.com/olenna-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

    https://www.daz3d.com/system-50-for-genesis-3-female-s

    Simulation Time: 21 minutes 30.96 seconds

    Used preset: Normal Soft Hair 05

    Also painted dForce influence map on top of the hair and used gradient tool on the map to soften it, as well.

    image

    OlennaHair03pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 137K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 7,016
    edited December 2017

    ... one more render with different materials, pose and environment.

    image

    OlennaHair03pic04.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 725K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Don't worry! I hope you smashed work/life with your force wink

    EcVh0 said:

    This is amazing! To be absolutely honest wet presets are my most confident sets, because it's messy, it's soft and it sticks to the body!... lol

    And I am actually surprised that this hair works, when I looked at the product page I just got scared away by the amount of random "messy" strands it has, it must have taken so long to simulate... anyhow, great work it looks really amazing! Definitely isn't a fail I assure you!laugh

     

     

    Thank you. I am just glad it's holidays and I have taken some extra time so I can learn as much about Daz as I can :)

    I too was very sceptical using this hair... but it rendered very quick... only about 6minutes from memory to do a few frames (running Win10 64bit NVidia GTX960). I was sure I was going to get an explosion... but alas it worked quite well.  I went with wet because of the reasons you mentioned.

    Just one thing... I have noticed that the icons for some strange reason are not appearing in my content library or smart content (even though I have categorised them)... which I think is why some are finding it confusing.  I have faith in this product though  and if there is anything I can do to help just ask.  

    Oh... also posted the results to a few groups on Facebook and will post to Deviantart as well :)

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Artini said:

    I am also getting slowly to the point, I like more my HairForce simulations.

    Just updated AMD graphic drivers on my other computer and puff - instead of 10th's of hours,

    simulations take 10th's of minutes to complete. I also noticed that AMD OpenCL drivers are

    much better and stable, than Nvidia Open CL - no one crash so far.

    Below is the render of the frame 20 of the simulation of Olenna Hair on System 50.

    https://www.daz3d.com/olenna-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

    https://www.daz3d.com/system-50-for-genesis-3-female-s

    Simulation Time: 21 minutes 30.96 seconds

    Used preset: Normal Soft Hair 05

    Also painted dForce influence map on top of the hair and used gradient tool on the map to soften it, as well.

    image

     

    Oh wow! AMD is faster than Nividia in this?????  60 times according to what you described? laugh that is really interesting! Maybe this is when AMD stands its ground lol

    I'm glad you are getting a hang of it, and the hair hangs naturally down it is really great!

     

     

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Just one thing... I have noticed that the icons for some strange reason are not appearing in my content library or smart content (even though I have categorised them)... which I think is why some are finding it confusing.  I have faith in this product though  and if there is anything I can do to help just ask.  

    Oh... also posted the results to a few groups on Facebook and will post to Deviantart as well :)

    That is indeed weird, doesn't seem to have this problem on my side... I will try and investigate that :)

    And thanks for sharing your breautiful photo with others! laugh

    Happy HairForcing

  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

    dForce cloths, dForce hair, it doesn't get any better than this! :P
    Hair is Miranda Hair For Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s) dForce Preset is "Puffy Hair 03"

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 7,016
    edited December 2017

    Thanks, EcVh0.

    I do not know if AMD is faster, than Nvidia, but AMD OpenCL driver allows to run simulations much faster than running them on CPU only.

     

    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 7,016
    edited December 2017

    Another trial, that needs further refining, though...

    image

    OlennaHair04ok01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 273K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 564

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

    is this hard to use? Only tried the deforce thing once in the beta version before it was released, it looks awesome though 

  • wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    VisibleInRender.png
    387 x 453 - 83K
  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 564
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

    Hair is Miranda Hair For Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s) dForce Preset is "Puffy Hair 03"
    It's nice being able to have hair that colides with the scene instead of slicing through it like a knife. :)

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Artini said:

    Thanks, EcVh0.

    I do not know if AMD is faster, than Nvidia, but AMD OpenCL driver allows to run simulations much faster than running them on CPU only.

     

    Ah! You have been mostly using CPU simulation before! Yeah GPU is significantly faster in simulation than CPUs, like Iray :)

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    This sounds more like an Iray problem to me... have you tried saving the scene and reopening Daz to see if it works? :)

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

    JamesJAB said:

    Hair is Miranda Hair For Genesis 3 & 8 Female(s) dForce Preset is "Puffy Hair 03"
    It's nice being able to have hair that colides with the scene instead of slicing through it like a knife. :)

    That’s the first world problem for everyone isn’t it, having hair poking through pretty much anything in the way :D it looks absolutely amazing!

  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 564
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    This sounds more like an Iray problem to me... have you tried saving the scene and reopening Daz to see if it works? :)

    Yes and it doesn't work. :)

  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 564
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

    Yes.  Yes.  Simulations work for things discussed in the thread about making blankets, towels, etc.   This is a simple scene, in fact, it's more of a test.  G8 Female, hair not from here, some clothes (simulation frozen for everything but the hair).  Tried it on generic 68 female, same thing.  Odd.  I'm gonna delete and redownload studio to see what happens after Christmas.  Thanks for getting back to me.

    Oh, I also rebooted. ;)

    Scott

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    wsgentry said:
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

    Yes.  Yes.  Simulations work for things discussed in the thread about making blankets, towels, etc.   This is a simple scene, in fact, it's more of a test.  G8 Female, hair not from here, some clothes (simulation frozen for everything but the hair).  Tried it on generic 68 female, same thing.  Odd.  I'm gonna delete and redownload studio to see what happens after Christmas.  Thanks for getting back to me.

    Oh, I also rebooted. ;)

    Scott

    Yeah I dont think it has anything to do with the simulation tho, because if simulation breaks the OpenCL on your graphic card/CPU, you won't be able to re-simulate again without restarting studio, I still have no clue what could cause this and I think DAZ can give you more help on this than me... lol

  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,207

    Looking at this, I think the big keys are where the hair starts at before the sim, and whether you choose to start from the T pose or not. Perhaps use some morphs to place the hair in a way so that it falls more naturally once the simulation starts. If some of the hair stays up in the air like it got shot, or it does weird things while animating, then a static pose is probably better.

    I'd like to see what hairs work best with this. I usually avoid long hair because of the problems making it work. I'm more interested in dforce for hair than I am for clothes. I've learned to deal with clothes and make do without simulation, but hair is a different story. I'm also interested if any PSs are trying to develop hair with dforce in mind.

  • PadonePadone Posts: 2,721

    I already pointed this out in another discussion. And I feel it may be useful here as a suggestion for a possible HairForce improvement. I understand that HairForce may not apply to any hair. Depending on how the hair is done you may need manual weight mapping to fit it. And this can be a very tedious job when the hair is complex.

    Now I mainly use DS as a content generator for Blender. And it happens that in the DAZ importer for Blender by Thomas Larsson there's a tool to automatically convert hair to Blender dynamics. I guess what you need for dForce is a similar tool. May be someone with a good knowledge of scripting can write it. The project is open source.

    http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.it/

    http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.it/p/hair.html

     

  • I'm not sure if Hairforce is responsible but now that I have installed Hairforce my saved dForce presets seem to have disappeared. Any suggestions?

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

    I'm not sure if Hairforce is responsible but now that I have installed Hairforce my saved dForce presets seem to have disappeared. Any suggestions?

    It shouldn’t tho! The hairforce is in a specific folder and unless yours somehow coincide the name “ecvh0” and “dforce master” then it shouldn’t replace anything... :)

     

  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

    Here's Sakura 8 pushing her hair out of her face.

  • EcVh0 said:
    Just one thing... I have noticed that the icons for some strange reason are not appearing in my content library or smart content (even though I have categorised them)... which I think is why some are finding it confusing.  I have faith in this product though  and if there is anything I can do to help just ask.  

    Oh... also posted the results to a few groups on Facebook and will post to Deviantart as well :)

    That is indeed weird, doesn't seem to have this problem on my side... I will try and investigate that :)

    And thanks for sharing your breautiful photo with others! laugh

    Happy HairForcing

    Still no luck getting the icons to appear in my content library. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling (through DIM).  What is even more strange is that if I move some of the preset files to another database directory and then try to categorise those into my content library... they show up. If anyone has a solution for this or the same issue please post it so that we can work out a solution.  Thanks in advance and happy holidays everyone :)

  • wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 564
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

    Yes.  Yes.  Simulations work for things discussed in the thread about making blankets, towels, etc.   This is a simple scene, in fact, it's more of a test.  G8 Female, hair not from here, some clothes (simulation frozen for everything but the hair).  Tried it on generic 68 female, same thing.  Odd.  I'm gonna delete and redownload studio to see what happens after Christmas.  Thanks for getting back to me.

    Oh, I also rebooted. ;)

    Scott

    Yeah I dont think it has anything to do with the simulation tho, because if simulation breaks the OpenCL on your graphic card/CPU, you won't be able to re-simulate again without restarting studio, I still have no clue what could cause this and I think DAZ can give you more help on this than me... lol

    I've done everything I can think of, still no go.  Renders not using Hairforce work fine, so do simulations with dForce.

     

    Scott

  • EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    wsgentry said:
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    EcVh0 said:
    wsgentry said:
    wsgentry said:

    I have a rather basic question. All steps in texture shaded mode. 

    1.  I perform all the necessary steps to simulate

    2.  I run the simulation, hair moves as expected.

    3.  I switch from texture shaded to iRay to get a quick render--nothing shows up.

    4.  I try to run a full render, nothing shows up.

    5.  I switch back to texture shaded, the model shows up as in step 2.

    My question:  How does one get a render?

    Scott

    First thing to check: is the missing item set to be Visible in Render?

    It's on.  It was the first thing I checked. ;)

    Scott

    Have you tried different scene and it gives you the same result? Does Iray load without any simulations? :)

    Yes.  Yes.  Simulations work for things discussed in the thread about making blankets, towels, etc.   This is a simple scene, in fact, it's more of a test.  G8 Female, hair not from here, some clothes (simulation frozen for everything but the hair).  Tried it on generic 68 female, same thing.  Odd.  I'm gonna delete and redownload studio to see what happens after Christmas.  Thanks for getting back to me.

    Oh, I also rebooted. ;)

    Scott

    Yeah I dont think it has anything to do with the simulation tho, because if simulation breaks the OpenCL on your graphic card/CPU, you won't be able to re-simulate again without restarting studio, I still have no clue what could cause this and I think DAZ can give you more help on this than me... lol

    I've done everything I can think of, still no go.  Renders not using Hairforce work fine, so do simulations with dForce.

     

    Scott

    This is really weird... does Iray Preview works? Or it gives you the same white/black image as your full render?

    Anyone else have the same issue?

  • I saw one post here about a database for the different Hair products that have been tried. I didn't see the link to it. Is it available?

    Also, I have tried to get two Hair products to work and haven't had any luck.

    1)  Mystical HR G8 - My goal here is to have my Characters hair flow over her shoulder instead of through it or hovering above it. Then later in the Animation the Character bends over and I want the Hair to fall down toward the floor.

    This hair shows four parts in the Surfaces pane: A_Hair, B_Hair, C_Hair & Scalp. I used the "General Base n Scalp" on "Scalp", On the other three hair parts I have tried Normal Soft 01 & 08 and Normal Difficult 01 & 05. Basically it all looks like the Hair Exploded. I'll try to use the Weight painting next but was hoping maybe someone else has gotten this Hair to work and could share their settings.​

    ​​2) Lainey G8 - All I am really after right now is for her Hair to not go through her shoulder and hand but to flow over them naturally. I really don't want to lose much of the shaping of the hair.

    ​This hair has quite a few parts Back, Back Under, Bangs1, Bangs2, Cap, Front1, Front2, Side1, Side2. I used the General Scalp on "Cap" and used "Normal Soft 01" & then "Normal Soft 08" on the rest. With both she loses a lot of hair. 

    **** Bug ****

    ​With both scenarios I run into the same issue that wsgentry did.The scene becomes invisible in the iray Render. I tried this twice on my PC and my laptop.

    See the image attached.

     

    Lainey Hair Before and Afer HairForce.png
    1081 x 960 - 800K
Sign In or Register to comment.