dForce Master - HairForce MEGA Thread [Commerical]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    EcVh0 said:
    marth.e said:

Wow, this looks awesome and it was a very needed feature in Daz. Does it work on any hair? Or for it to work the hair has to comply with certain characteristics?

Martha E.

Thank you, unfortunately like the almight dForce it does not work on all hairs, but it should be able to work on lots of hairs that are properly welded/with all strands joining the scalp, weightmapping is needed for any animations you want to do with the hair smiley

I will be putting up a database from everyone here so you get to see the list of hair it works with wink

And it would be great, if you could add to the database, which preset was used during the simulation.

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Artini said:

Thanks for the tips, EcVh0, and I am waiting for more.

I have realized, how complex this product is and that there are no definitive answers.

On GPU (GTX 1080), simulations are much faster, but I could not see much movement of the hair after the simulation was done.

Could you please post some example scene settings, preferably from one of your demo scenes,

where one can actually see smooth movement of the hair, like in your promo images.

Anyhow, below is the render of my another simulation.

Adalyn hair on Chastity.

https://www.daz3d.com/adalyn-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-chastity-hd-for-genesis-3-female

Total Simulation Time: 16 minutes 8.94 seconds

and the one with simulation cleared, for the comparison.

Yeah, unfortunately it is not a one click and get hollywood level productions sad

What kind of hair are do you want to achieve in this image? In motion as hair flies back or gravity as hair falls forward? smiley

If you want to have some hair flies back (if you do say from A pose), you can try lowering down the density value in "extra options" and increase the air resistance and see if it helps

Is there any preset included, that will make hair move more rapidly during the simulation?

Artini said:

Is there any preset included, that will make hair move more rapidly during the simulation?

The wet one moves the hair the most rapid - but it will make the hair looks very messy

Or you can try dragging your character's hip forward and create some kind of strong motion so the hair moves backwards as well

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Artini said:

Could you use the animated time line to extend the time the hair has to move? 

Artini said:

Could you use the animated time line to extend the time the hair has to move? 

Yes that should work as well laugh

• UnderTheBlackHatUnderTheBlackHat Posts: 21
    edited December 2017

Okay... Purhased - Downloaded... coudln't find anything in my 'Smart Content' - Found this thread...  Found the Read Me /Tutorial... Tried to follow all the steps.. images shown in the tutorial for each step of course don't match what happens on my screen... None of the icons shown in the Read Me for the options don't match. I don't even have a 'pose based' option in the content library, unless I'm looking in the wrong place? ... But I think I was doing it right... I hit 'Simulate' and it tells me I have 'No Open CL Engine' whatever that means and I'm done, no simulation, no cool hair poses.  Just everything exactly as it was before I tried to apply this.  I admit this is my first time trying somehting with 'D-Force' and so far... I'm just really frustrated.  

Can anyone help me figure out what my DAZ is doing?  Or better yet, why it's NOT doing?   

Thanks...

Have you been otherwise using dforce on clothing without problem? If you're using dforce for the first time, the "No Open CL Engine" could mean: (copied from another thread)

From  the Start Here thread:

Are there any dependencies that I need to be aware of?

Yes, there is. The dForce engine utilizes OpenCL 1.2 to perform simulations. If you do not have a driver already installed that supports at least OpenCL 1.2, you will need to install one. The more recent driver packages from NVIDIA and AMD typically include a suitable driver. In the case of older cards (e.g., GTS 250), the NVIDIA drivers do not support OpenCL 1.2 and so the driver for the CPU must be installed:

Intel GPU/CPU Driver Packages

Intel CPU-only Runtime Packages

You may want to install the CPU driver anyway if you want/need to be able to use your CPU for running simulations.

Even though my video card was fairly new, I still had to install this before using dforce.

Thank you for the advice about the 'Open CL' and drivers.  I installed new driver updates for my GTX980 and then managed to do this in about 45 minutes total.  Not a lot of work on it, but I think it shows the potential once again.  

I think it gave me a very natural hang to the hair as well as a little 'breeze' across the back.  Yes, I need to play with the system some more and I will proabably start trying to use 'dForce' items now.  

Oh, did a test from a full scene I'd done earlier.  The simulation time ran about 15 minutes on the posted image plus some render time of course.  The full scene, with multiple charecters took almost 30 minutes to finish simulating before it was ready to render.  Your milage may vary, but just be aware the more items in the scene, even if you're only doing one simulation for the hair seems to make it run a bit longer for each.    

Thank you again everyone for the help!

(Image removed for nudity. Please go over the guidelines. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  ~Mod) 

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
    edited December 2017

I am doing something wrong. That was an animated simulation, but the hair moves very little.

I have added wind force node. Below are the sceenshots.

This is, how it looks like with simulation cleared.

Chara01pic01sim03scr02.jpg
    1329 x 855 - 191K
    Chara01pic01sim03scr03clear.jpg
    1295 x 851 - 187K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2017

The hair used was Olenna hair https://www.daz3d.com/olenna-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

It will be nice, if you could provide one working scene with your product.

In my attempts, the hair moves just a bit, if not at all.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

Such cool presets. I had some issues at first, yet with using a timeline between poses. It seems to work really awesome this image I used the first wet preset. I also weight mapped the top of the hair.So it would not expose her smooth bald head.

Hair used : Pure Hair: Crazy

Wethairtest100.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 385K
    Post edited by ChadCrypto on
    Artini said:

I am doing something wrong. That was an animated simulation, but the hair moves very little.

Artini said:

Which preset are you using in this? the windy ones? :) I will recreate the thing you want to do and grab you a scene smiley

Such cool presets. I had some issues at first, yet with using a timeline between poses. It seems to work really awesome this image I used the first wet preset. I also weight mapped the top of the hair.So it would not expose her smooth bald head.

Hair used : Pure Hair: Crazy

Looks very awesome! Thank you laugh

• I can't for the life of me find this product, let alone use it.  Bought it, download manager says it's installed, but I can't locate any of the preset files, or the document anywhere.

I can't for the life of me find this product, let alone use it.  Bought it, download manager says it's installed, but I can't locate any of the preset files, or the document anywhere.

Have you tried "dForce Preset" Folder at the roof folder of your content library? Same folder where you can find things like "Environment" "People" etc

edited December 2017

Finally get some move on the hair ;-)

Used wet hair preset and wind 50 mph

OlenaHair02s07pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 159K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2017
    Artini said:

Finally get some move on the hair ;-)

Used wet hair preset and wind 50 mph

Hahahaha 50mph would blow hair off like this lol

I was doing some test on G8 Whitney Hair which is fairly close to yours, and using soft hair preset 08 makes the hair properly fall smiley

Also if the hair doesn't fly like you imagine it would, move the hair slightly "Back" as in away from the back of the character and see if that helps :)

Post edited by EcVh0 on

Thanks a lot, EcVh0, for all your help.

What I would like to have,is some generic recipes, on how to create:

1. Blown away hair backward

2. Hair softly spread out on the floor

3. Hair softly hanging out under gravity

If you have some tips about how to achieve that, I would be very grateful.

• I've been having a play since I got this yesterday and as you can see at least Charlotte is impressed! (So am I wink)  I used the Miranda Hair that came in the Monique 8 Pro Bundle and used the Fluffy 01 setting.  It's subtle but it gives the heir a realistic weight that I think looks really good.  Keep up the good work mate, this is a great tool for us to use until Daz's own hair solution comes along (and considering 'Daz Time' we may using it a while!!  LOL  I kid, I kid!!).  

Charlotte 01.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    Artini said:

Thanks a lot, EcVh0, for all your help.

What I would like to have,is some generic recipes, on how to create:

1. Blown away hair backward

2. Hair softly spread out on the floor

3. Hair softly hanging out under gravity

If you have some tips about how to achieve that, I would be very grateful.

No problem :) It is to my best interest that you all have good experience with my product wink

1. So to have hair blown away towards the back when your character is standing at, say "A-pose", you might want to do the following:

• Place the wind node at front, or side ways, keep the wind speed at around 5-10 (shouldn't need be too high up)
    • Load the windy hair sets, if it does not move much, use the "extra option - density" and choose a value lower than 1.5k should help
    • Use the directional gradient paint to have a nice looking gradient with grey on scalp to stop scalp from completely flying away (sometimes, especially when the hair does not have any scalp surfaces)
    • It could help as well if you can "spread" the hair using a morph the hair has, especially keeping them from squeezing in one place (usually that will give you a very thin hair result because they all tangle up together)
    • If you want to go extreme to let it fly as much as possible, shove "dynamic strength" to 1 (there should be an option as well in the extra option folder) and put density to around 500 (may very likely to cause hair to fly away tho)

2. To have hair softly spread out, the best way I found to do it is to set a pose right before hitting the ground, animate it, and use as much morph as possible to keep hair from touching any of the body parts, if you don't like the amount the hair is moving, turn up dynamic strength until you are satisfied wink

3. Hanging hair is relatively easier, the soft hair preset 8 I tested eariler works with normal long hair hanging down by gravity, make sure you simulate only one single frame without it going from "A-Pose" (because that pushes the hair back when your character bends and pretty much got rid of the whole purpose of it falling). If the hair has any morph you can use to move hair slightly away from the surface, it is helpful as well. And again, if the hair isnt moving that well, turrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it up, turn the dynamic up XD

Hope this helps and not too complicated! Let me know how you go with those :)

stuthurso said:

I've been having a play since I got this yesterday and as you can see at least Charlotte is impressed! (So am I wink)  I used the Miranda Hair that came in the Monique 8 Pro Bundle and used the Fluffy 01 setting.  It's subtle but it gives the heir a realistic weight that I think looks really good.  Keep up the good work mate, this is a great tool for us to use until Daz's own hair solution comes along (and considering 'Daz Time' we may using it a while!!  LOL  I kid, I kid!!).  

Hahahahaha thank you! All we can do is sit and pray "daz time" is much shorter compare to "earth time" cheeky

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,561
    stuthurso said:

I've been having a play since I got this yesterday and as you can see at least Charlotte is impressed! (So am I wink)  I used the Miranda Hair that came in the Monique 8 Pro Bundle and used the Fluffy 01 setting.  It's subtle but it gives the heir a realistic weight that I think looks really good.  Keep up the good work mate, this is a great tool for us to use until Daz's own hair solution comes along (and considering 'Daz Time' we may using it a while!!  LOL  I kid, I kid!!).  

Great render, @stuthurso - that does look really good!

- Greg

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,979

Just a heads up for the Readme... it's not in the Documents folder, but in the Read Me's folder of My DAZ Files (or however your DAZ content directory is called).

And a question. In the instructions, it says about the caps preset that it should be applied to all non-moving surfaces. Would that include any non-hair surfaces, or is this just meant for the non-moving parts of the hair itself?

Also, about long hair that is just "one" material zone (scalp and hair)... When I apply the cap preset to the cap, and ponytail preset to the hair strands, the hair goes Hair-dForced and flies off into the sunset...

What am I doing wrong? The tutorial explains most steps very nicely, but I didn't find any explanation what each setting does and when to apply it. I'm looking forward to play around with the set some more.

edited December 2017
    BeeMKay said:

Just a heads up for the Readme... it's not in the Documents folder, but in the Read Me's folder of My DAZ Files (or however your DAZ content directory is called).

And a question. In the instructions, it says about the caps preset that it should be applied to all non-moving surfaces. Would that include any non-hair surfaces, or is this just meant for the non-moving parts of the hair itself?

Also, about long hair that is just "one" material zone (scalp and hair)... When I apply the cap preset to the cap, and ponytail preset to the hair strands, the hair goes Hair-dForced and flies off into the sunset...

What am I doing wrong? The tutorial explains most steps very nicely, but I didn't find any explanation what each setting does and when to apply it. I'm looking forward to play around with the set some more.

Yeah I only realized that after the release - the tutorial seem to be in the wrong folder for some reason lol

Yes, The scalp preset should be applied to anything that is related to hair (hair decos, part of hair that you dont want to move, scalp etc) that you don't want them to move, UNLESS you have things like a tie at the end of a ponytail (which has a very high fail rate in simulations unfortunately...) that you do want them to move with your hair, that case you don't have to apply the scalp preset to them smiley

If the hair flies into the sunset (LOL), I think a weightmap would be needed, simply add a weightmap modifier, paint the scalp grey or make a pretty gradient using the directional gradient tool and it should keep those naughty hair in place laugh

And for the settings, I think I'm gonna put up a full description here so it can probably help you guys in finding the preset you want cheeky

Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • Hi EcVh0, Hope you can help. Using Layton Hair on genesis 3 I am follwoing the PDF on how to use it but the simulation (in the simulating Dialogue box) only ever gets to 50% yet the stabalizing Simulation goes to 100%, so the hair just don't seem to do as it is told. By the way I have used other Hair models such as Grace Hair on Gnesis 8 female, where am I going wrong please. I have atached a screenshot of it

thanks

pete

Screen Shot Simulation.jpg
    398 x 432 - 53K

Hi EcVh0, Hope you can help. Using Layton Hair on genesis 3 I am follwoing the PDF on how to use it but the simulation (in the simulating Dialogue box) only ever gets to 50% yet the stabalizing Simulation goes to 100%, so the hair just don't seem to do as it is told. By the way I have used other Hair models such as Grace Hair on Gnesis 8 female, where am I going wrong please. I have atached a screenshot of it

thanks

pete

Stablizing simulation goes to 100% sounds normal to me, I used that hair quite a bit so I’m sure can help you here :D 

which setting did you apply to the hair and what kind of pose were you trying to achieve? :)

• EcVh0 said:

Hi EcVh0, Hope you can help. Using Layton Hair on genesis 3 I am follwoing the PDF on how to use it but the simulation (in the simulating Dialogue box) only ever gets to 50% yet the stabalizing Simulation goes to 100%, so the hair just don't seem to do as it is told. By the way I have used other Hair models such as Grace Hair on Gnesis 8 female, where am I going wrong please. I have atached a screenshot of it

thanks

pete

Stablizing simulation goes to 100% sounds normal to me, I used that hair quite a bit so I’m sure can help you here :D 

which setting did you apply to the hair and what kind of pose were you trying to achieve? :)

Tried different poses, such as lying down. Tried different settings such as the soft hair preset04. Something else, reading through the PDF I notice the Tool settings, and add the the dforce simulation etc in the unused maps, yet it isn't there to start with, do i need to do something else?

pete

edited December 2017

I have run static pose simulation with the soft hair preset 8 on Charli Hair, that was attached to Lyra.

https://www.daz3d.com/charli-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/lyra-hd-for-genesis-8-female

This hair does not have hair cap, so I've just painted the weight map on the top part of the hair.

Simulation Time: 30 minutes 43.51 seconds on GTX 1080

I still do not know, how to make hair hanging down softly by gravity.

CharliHair01sim02ok01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 289K
    Post edited by Artini on
    EcVh0 said:

thanks

pete

Tried different poses, such as lying down. Tried different settings such as the soft hair preset04. Something else, reading through the PDF I notice the Tool settings, and add the the dforce simulation etc in the unused maps, yet it isn't there to start with, do i need to do something else?

pete

Don't worry about the tool setting part, that is only needed when your hair falls apart which I believe is not the case, right?

Try using soft hair set 08 and see if it helps moving the hair, if not, go to "surface tab" and move the dynamic strength up by 1.0 and it should move a lot more smiley

Artini said:

I have run static pose simulation with the soft hair preset 8 on Charli Hair, that was attached to Lyra.

https://www.daz3d.com/charli-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

https://www.daz3d.com/lyra-hd-for-genesis-8-female

This hair does not have hair cap, so I've just painted the weight map on the top part of the hair.

Simulation Time: 30 minutes 43.51 seconds on GTX 1080

I still do not know, how to make hair hanging down softly by gravity.

Well it is getting there! laugh

Did the hair happens to go to the hanging pose you want then moves up again to your current pose during simulation?

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,412
    edited December 2017

I bought HairForce on the day of release, but have only just been able to try it out (or at least, tried to). 

I was using Coleraine Hair on Aiko 7. I've followed the instructions and, 17 seconds into simulation, it crashed. Well, Daz crashed. In the end, I had to close Daz through Windows "program not responding" window. 

I can't do any more right now.

In theory, if Daz can use dForce, then it can use HairForce? I'm using an AMD (Scrapper) graphics card with a 4GB Ram.

Edit: I couldn't find the PDF, I was reading from this thread on how to use HairForce.

Post edited by N-RArts on