Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

14% in 4 mins isn't too bad! for me, anyway. I like that you can conceal walls adn ceilings. The yellow rails being one mat - and not the same mat as walls for example - is good too.

thanks SereneNight! 

jakiblue said:

does anyone have any experience iwth the hangar deck which is also in fastgrab?

https://www.daz3d.com/s2-hanger-deck

I'm a sucker for big industrial/sci fi looking environments like that, but curious what thoughts are. Is it so big it'll bring your computer to its knees? Can walls be made invisible to get camera and/or lights in?

Okay, my impression is that the set is a good deal. The yellow safety railings are its own mat zone and can be concealed or colored. You can also open it up by concealing the ceiling floors and walls. What may be problematic is the emissive lights. You may have to turn those off. I got to 14 percent in under 4 minutes which wasn't too bad on my machine.It is a big space and you can easily fit a ship and crew in there. 

I think my issue with the railings is they are dense and repetitive. Even colored I think they grab my eye for some reason. But you can turn them off by adjusting their opacity.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I had to do this...

flower railing.png
    1314 x 1056 - 3M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2017
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

Congratulations! Once you get to 1,000 the rest just zips on by, and before you know it... 

...you have 15,000

LOL, oh, you're a few days behind. Now it's 15,139. 

Heads up, if you have April Rain Undergarments- there was severe pokethrough with both the socks and the boots- and when I tried to scale numerous parts (aka the boot, the sock, or the foot of the sock) the boot went wonky. In other words, I can't fix the pokethrough. Scaling distorts. When I scale the boot, INSTEAD OF ENLARGING,  THE BOOT IS PULLED DOWN- the bone is wrong.     EDIT: Don't use the Scaling option. I had the wrong item selected in Scene so the Parameter options were wrong, there's adjustments available. 

Post edited by Novica on

That car is making me laugh- okay folks, stop reposting it! I'm scrolling down and ZIP! there it goes again. Speedy Gonzalez at the wheel! (I still remember that cartoon!) 

And I don't have the hangar render handy, but at some point I already showcased it. I had no problem but my computer is fast. I remember having a positive feeling about it.

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

Congratulations! Once you get to 1,000 the rest just zips on by, and before you know it... 

...you have 15,000

Heads up, if you have April Rain Undergarments- there was severe pokethrough with both the socks and the boots- and when I tried to scale numerous parts (aka the boot, the sock, or the foot of the sock) the boot went wonky. In other words, I can't fix the pokethrough. Scaling distorts. When I scale the boot, INSTEAD OF ENLARGING,  THE BOOT IS PULLED DOWN- the bone is wrong.    This took me less than two minutes to find this problem, and the poke through is SOOOOOOO obvious.  

If you have this outfit, would you test it? 

Do you use the scaling under General or the adjustment morphs under Actor?

I get obvious pokethrough as well, but the adjustments fix it.

I was just getting ready to post that, I had something else selected in the Scene tab so when I went to Parameters, the Actor didn't show the correct options. DUH. 

with the pants over the socks, is that what you mean? the leggings have quite a few material zones, so I was making the bottom of the pants invisible (cutout 0) so they weren't under the socks.  

Novica said:
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

...you have 15,000

Heads up, if you have April Rain Undergarments- there was severe pokethrough with both the socks and the boots- and when I tried to scale numerous parts (aka the boot, the sock, or the foot of the sock) the boot went wonky. In other words, I can't fix the pokethrough. Scaling distorts. When I scale the boot, INSTEAD OF ENLARGING,  THE BOOT IS PULLED DOWN- the bone is wrong.     EDIT: Don't use the Scaling option. I had the wrong item selected in Scene so the Parameter options were wrong, there's adjustments available. 

edited May 2017

Here's the April Rain Undergarments, I tweaked the colors on the socks (light blue) and shoelaces (Dark blue.) That's GDN Kelly and Eclectic Hair

KellyAprilRainUndergarments.png
    400 x 900 - 447K
    KellyAprilRainUndergarments2.png
    600 x 900 - 833K
    Post edited by Novica on

I just loaded the complete outfit. It's easy to tweak when you're not an idiot with the wrong item selected in Scene. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    Nath said:

I had to do this...

You did! You went there.laugh But I think pink is an interesting color choice. Futuristic sensibilities shouldn't automatically mirror those of modern humans.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    jakiblue said:

That looks so cool!!!!!!!!!! (even if he is driving on the wrong side of the road *grin* ) 

Thanks jakiblue and Nath. I was surprised how easy it was with the presets that came with it.

I've only driven on the "wrong" side of the road once. We were in New Zealand for 3 weeks and I drove 5000 km. We had the same Camry we owned except everything was reversed. It only took a day to adjust, but it was a day when the windshield wiper came on innumerable times instead of the turn signal. Same thing happened when I returned to the States, took a day to break the habits I was already forming. The only other problem was whenever I had to react quickly, the old patterns would click in and I'd find myself going up the wrong driveway entrance.

Nath said:

I had to do this...

Nice! Looks like some alien growth has been taking over

edited May 2017

Genesis 3 Males     L- M (part 1)    

Edit: RGcincy did Landon, so I'm inserting him here, in alphabetical order. He used Painter's Lights, 13.76. Landon has 4 separate head morphs.

Lee 7       14.60
    Leo 7       14.10

Liam           14.30
    Lucian 7      14.60

Lucius    14.50
    Mace      13.65        

Makaio    14.15
    Makani     14.25

Makoa     13.90
    Malachi    14.15

Lee 7.png
    438 x 600 - 278K
    Leo 7.png
    438 x 600 - 288K
    Liam.png
    438 x 600 - 243K
    Lucian7.png
    438 x 600 - 277K
    Lucius.png
    438 x 600 - 237K
    mace.png
    438 x 600 - 300K
    makaio.png
    438 x 600 - 253K
    makani.png
    438 x 600 - 283K
    makoa.png
    438 x 600 - 275K
    malachi.png
    438 x 600 - 238K
    landon2Rich.png
    438 x 600 - 243K
    landon3Rich.png
    438 x 600 - 242K
    landon4Rich.png
    438 x 600 - 242K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    jakiblue said:

That looks so cool!!!!!!!!!! (even if he is driving on the wrong side of the road *grin* ) 

RGcincy said:

I  picked up the new Animation Four Wheeler Template. I made a small GIF to show one of the cars speeding through the neighborhood (Dreamland's River Front and City Blocks). Easy to use if you have one of the cars the animations were made for.

Nope. He's driving on the right side of the road. cheeky

edited May 2017

Genesis 3 Males    M (part 2) - N - O - P - R (Part 1)

Mateo      14.15
    Max         14.55

Merrick     13.90
    Michael 7    14.40

Nathan        14.40
    Noah        14.50

Oscar      14.15
    Parker      13.90

Pavel       14.40
    Ragnar     14.40

Raoul      13.43
    Robert     14.35

mateo.png
    438 x 600 - 231K
    max.png
    438 x 600 - 224K
    merrick.png
    438 x 600 - 287K
    michael7.png
    438 x 600 - 277K
    nathan.png
    438 x 600 - 252K
    noah.png
    438 x 600 - 255K
    oscar.png
    438 x 600 - 245K
    parker.png
    438 x 600 - 283K
    pavel.png
    438 x 600 - 281K
    ragnar.png
    438 x 600 - 263K
    raoul.png
    438 x 600 - 308K
    robert.png
    438 x 600 - 243K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    Nath said:

I had to do this...

I like it! Excellent bump detail, and the color is great. wink

Nath said:

I had to do this...

I like it! Excellent bump detail, and the color is great. wink

wink

edited May 2017

Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser and the Wasteland Add-On have been removed from the store.  We have discussed/showcased it on the thread, and products do come and go for various reasons, so I didn't want you looking for it now.  

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

For those who liked the car animation, I did one with a camera inside the car. Now you can drive through the city. Motion of the car as it turns has a realsitic feel to it. Here's the link.

Post edited by RGcincy on
    RGcincy said:

For those who liked the car animation, I did one with a camera inside the car. Now you can drive through the city. Motion of teh car as it turns has a realsitic feel to it. Here's the link.

That is stunning. Looks like fun! 

that looks brilliant!!! how long do these animations take you to do, and what do you use? the animation thingy inside DS? 

RGcincy said:

For those who liked the car animation, I did one with a camera inside the car. Now you can drive through the city. Motion of the car as it turns has a realsitic feel to it. Here's the link.

edited May 2017

@jakiblue The first took 25 minutes, the second took 2.5 hours, and the third took 18 minutes. That's for 200 frames, a 480x360 render size, and 3DL. I was a bit surprised by the second one but I guess the transparency of the windows impacted the time a fair bit. The animations are baked aniblocks and I think they can be used in the DS timeline (I'm not 100% sure as I have animate 2 and keymate products installed, but I can start and stop the animation in the DS Timeline).

The animations are made for a select group of cars (which I have) but I've done some brief testing which shows I can add other vehicles on the template (which is basically a ghost vehicle) and they'll move along the animation path but without wheel or steering wheel motion. There is a method to rig different vehicles but I haven't gotten into that yet.

I render the animation as an image series and am using ezgif maker to assemble the animated gif (as this one lets you easily change the timing) and giphy to host it (I've had mixed success trying to upload animated gifs directly to Daz).

Post edited by RGcincy on

@rgcincy     Rich, check your link to ezgif maker, it's a 404 error.

If you're a Renderosity Prime member, take a look at these folks in the current sale (55% off) (Otherwise it's 45%) 

Edna (G3F), Murray (G3M), Robert (G3M), Alexander (G3M)   They're different, and two of these are seniors, may want to wishlist. If you're a GypsyAngel fan, in the sale is Shaylyn (G3F).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I like Murray but man those blackheads on his nose... I want to take a biore strip to those. For some reason nasal pores just... Skeeve me out. Realistic... Maybe... But no... No....

Novica said:

@rgcincy     Rich, check your link to ezgif maker, it's a 404 error.

Thanks, it's fixed.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    Novica said:

Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser and the Wasteland Add-On have been removed from the store.  We have discussed/showcased it on the thread, and products do come and go for various reasons, so I didn't want you looking for it now.  

Those are by Polish, just like that saloon that came and disappeared just as quickly last week. Coincidence? The plot thickens...

edited May 2017

This is Alexander from Rendo. Click to enlarge. (Dorian Hair)

alexanderRENDO.png
    730 x 1000 - 1010K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Eek, I am way behind. Been a heck of a week. Is it too late to do the top picks for April? I'll get right on it! 

PS Love that speeding car! 

Llynara said:

Eek, I am way behind. Been a heck of a week. Is it too late to do the top picks for April? I'll get right on it! 

PS Love that speeding car! 

No, please do. If we don't get more participation, I'll be cancelling it.

This discussion has been closed.