Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455

It seems that VWD was changed so that the 40% off now applies to everyone not just prime members.

Awesome! I went ahead and grabbed it. Now, no added temptation to shop. Thank you!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    RGcincy said:

@Novica   Wow, you sure have a lot of male characters. It's very helpful to see them all in one place - more variety than it sometimes seems when just looking at promo pictures.

Yes, and that's why I decided to get them side by side so I can see when the new ones come out, if I really need them. All these were at least 50% off, most were 60%. I really am going to kick back when Genesis 4 men come out, I have enough to do my book with what I have now. (Obviously!) 

If anyone has men from A-K that I haven't shown, feel free! 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited May 2017

RGcincy's Top 3 Picks for April

Coast Guard Cutter  --  examples   This is a great looking model with lots of detail for distant or close-up renders. Comes with night light setup which makes it easy to create dramatic scenes.

Collective3d Baseball Field  --  examples   It's that time of year. Play ball!

Nimos Coach  --  examples    Last month it was Nimos transit bus, this month is was the intercity coach. Made for Bryce but works fine in Daz Studio.

I had fewer renders to choose from this month as I was doing a bunch for a product not yet released so should have a lot more in May.

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I picked up some items recently I'll try and post some test renders and reviews of on here soon. 

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

That huge yacht sure is impressive. One thing bothers me though. I wouldn't want to be the pilot trying to land (or take off) a helicopter on those helipads. Anyone tried fitting a helicopter on there? Would be interesting to see if it's actually possible.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    isidorn said:

That huge yacht sure is impressive. One thing bothers me though. I wouldn't want to be the pilot trying to land (or take off) a helicopter on those helipads. Anyone tried fitting a helicopter on there? Would be interesting to see if it's actually possible.

Heh, that's what I thought when I saw it.

Don't have the yacht (yet), but I'm interested in the result as well. I think I have a crashed helicopter model somewhere wink

edited May 2017

The elevator wouldn't be a problem, as it can be hidden/lowered, but the tower would definitely collide with the blades. I guess the helicopter is meant to be scaled down. Waaaaaay down. This is just a screenshot.

LOL, I don't think you could even get your helicopter close enough to that pad to crash it!

helicopter.jpg
    777 x 849 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Novica said:

The elevator wouldn't be a problem, as it can be hidden/lowered, but the tower would definitely collide with the blades. I guess the helicopter is meant to be scaled down. Waaaaaay down. This is just a screenshot.

LOL, I don't think you could even get your helicopter close enough to that pad to crash it!

LOL. A circle diameter 1.25 x the longest dimension with rotors spinning the minimum "no obstacles" clearance required for any helipad by code (don't ask how I know!). I think that helo would even slice off the radomes! And of course the rotor wash would ruin everyone's G&T (not to mention the flying debris)!

Reminds me of a "Bond" film: You Only Land Once . . . laugh Live. Live once. Or was that twice!

Dare I mention safety nets?

Okay, so the yacht requires some of the nifty flying machines we've had over the years rather than a plain old heli :-)

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Heh! That would have to be a very tiny helicopter to fit there. As I suspected. As Nath said, it'll be up to other nifty flying machines to land there.

edited May 2017

I think the vendor had a single person helicopter, if I've not mistaken, that could possibly land LOL. Ah, found it. 113055 is the product number, called the Future-Craft. Interesting. (Over at rendo, in Truform's store, second page.)

Uh oh, we have storms coming in with 3-5 inches of rain, up to 8 inches, predicted. I just looked at the radar and this stuff is coming in a lot faster than they said. I always think of the deer out in the woods (and the foxes, squirrels, etc) and happy for them to get baths and some easy access to water. I was out walking in my neighborhood a couple years ago, and a fox was sauntering through a yard, drinking from the sprinklers that were set to go off a certain time every night. Animals are smart!  He looked at me and I crossed to the other side of the street so as not to disturb him, and he just kept on drinking. Rather cool!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

Giving a kudos to @badkittehco for showing us the material zones on the April Rain Undergarments  If you didn't see those, take another look. Thank you to the vendor, that was thoughtful! (And because you took the time to do so, I'm buying it.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2017

This is 62% off if you want some good sci-fi pieces to put together as sets. EDIT: With new release, goes to $7.96 and has a lot of nice pieces. Goodness, the table and chairs alone are more than worth that!

Congrats to @deathbycanon on being the featured / winning art in the Platinum Club Plus newsletter! The little girl with the balloon is just precious. 
    Reminder: This Portrait Vignettes Old West 1 is free for members, as is Dominator Dropship

Post edited by Novica on

LOL. A circle diameter 1.25 x the longest dimension with rotors spinning the minimum "no obstacles" clearance required for any helipad by code (don't ask how I know!). I think that helo would even slice off the radomes! And of course the rotor wash would ruin everyone's G&T (not to mention the flying debris)!

Dare I mention safety nets?

@tangoalpha   Did I fail to mention how absolutely scary you are, knowing teeny, tiny, minute details like that? (Which is why I buy your products btw.)  wink

edited May 2017

Did you folks notice that Fast Grab finally changed?  $5.09 is a steal for Heavy Mobile Command Post with exterior AND interior modeling. Wow.  And DZDrone01 is just adorable. Wishlisted for a long time, grabbing it. @SereneNight  have you rendered that one/have it? You're our Sci-Fi pro.  Edit- Actually, Drone02 would be great for a smaller drone/kids drone too. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,455
    Novica said:

Did you folks notice that Fast Grab finally changed?  $5.09 is a steal for Heavy Mobile Command Post with exterior AND interior modeling. Wow.  And DZDrone01 is just adorable. Wishlisted for a long time, grabbing it. @SereneNight  have you rendered that one/have it? You're our Sci-Fi pro.  Edit- Actually, Drone02 would be great for a smaller drone/kids drone too. 

Oh, Heavy Mobile Command Post is nice! Grabbed it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I actually haven't seen those drones before. I picked up  the second one with the wheel like hover units.

Post 1000! Seems like I should have passed this number some time ago.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

Oh, Heavy Mobile Command Post is nice! Grabbed it.

I grabbed it as well, I didn't realize what it was until you said something lol.  All I saw was the outside. 

RGcincy said:

Post 1000! Seems like I should have passed this number some time ago.

Congratulations! Once you get to 1,000 the rest just zips on by, and before you know it... 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

does anyone have any experience iwth the hangar deck which is also in fastgrab?

https://www.daz3d.com/s2-hanger-deck

I'm a sucker for big industrial/sci fi looking environments like that, but curious what thoughts are. Is it so big it'll bring your computer to its knees? Can walls be made invisible to get camera and/or lights in?

Novica said:

Congratulations! Once you get to 1,000 the rest just zips on by, and before you know it... 

...you have 15,000

edited May 2017

I  picked up the new Animation Four Wheeler Template. I made a small GIF to show one of the cars speeding through the neighborhood (Dreamland's River Front and City Blocks). Easy to use if you have one of the cars the animations were made for.

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited May 2017
    jakiblue said:

I'm a sucker for big industrial/sci fi looking environments like that, but curious what thoughts are. Is it so big it'll bring your computer to its knees? Can walls be made invisible to get camera and/or lights in?

I didn't pick it up. For some reason I have a strong aversion to those yellow sci-fi railings. I find they distract me too much. But I'll buy them and give them a whirl.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    jakiblue said:

I didn't pick it up. For some reason I have a strong aversion to those yellow sci-fi railings. I find they distract me too much.

That's what re-texturing is for. You could have silky-flowery sci-fi railings, paisley, stripes, or if you want to be boring about it, plain old metal (rusty or otherwise) ones ;-)

RGcincy said:

I  picked up the new Animation Four Wheeler Template. I made a small GIF to show one of the cars speeding through the neighborhood (Dreamland's River Front and City Blocks). Easy to use if you have one of the cars the animations were made for.

Wow!

Nath said:
    jakiblue said:

I didn't pick it up. For some reason I have a strong aversion to those yellow sci-fi railings. I find they distract me too much.

That's what re-texturing is for. You could have silky-flowery sci-fi railings, paisley, stripes, or if you want to be boring about it, plain old metal (rusty or otherwise) ones ;-)

I like the idea. Yeah, I know.smiley I just had an instinctive reaction to it when it first came out and as I already have every hanger in the store I didn't exactly need it. But I bought it now, so I can give you my opinion.

And now I need to make flowery-textured railings LOL - but first, breakfast...

jakiblue said:

Okay, my impression is that the set is a good deal. The yellow safety railings are its own mat zone and can be concealed or colored. You can also open it up by concealing the ceiling floors and walls. What may be problematic is the emissive lights. You may have to turn those off. I got to 14 percent in under 4 minutes which wasn't too bad on my machine.It is a big space and you can easily fit a ship and crew in there. 

I think my issue with the railings is they are dense and repetitive. Even colored I think they grab my eye for some reason. But you can turn them off by adjusting their opacity.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

That looks so cool!!!!!!!!!! (even if he is driving on the wrong side of the road *grin* ) 

RGcincy said:

This discussion has been closed.