Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

18384868889101

Comments

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    RGcincy said:

    I did some Iray renders of Factory Warehouse. Very nice interior environment if you like industrial settings.

    ....I say almost because not all the parts fit together smoothly (there's two rooms in the set, one bigger than the other, and that affects what wall and ceiling parts go together).

    I liked this except for the spilled paint/blood on the floor. I know it can be easily material zoned out though. Thanks for showing it and the note about the separate items, it does make it really handy.

  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 6,949

    jakiblue's top picks for April:

    I didn't do a lot of rendering this month - I've hit that horrible phase where I think everything I do is utter rubbish, and just can't seem to get motivated. 

    • Super Sleeky Hair - one of the best hairs I own and I use it SO MUCH. The blending option is a bit hit or miss for me, cos sometimes I can NEVER remember how to use it! LOL. Example 01
    • Vagabond for Genesis 3 Females - when this outfit first hit the PC club, I browsed right over it. Didn't think much of it at all. But I ended up needing a backpack one day so I picked it up. I am SO glad I did. The little camisole top in this is worth its weight in gold, and it's an outfit that I use an absolute lot. Now it's become my go-to product when I want a nice little shirt for a portrait. Example 01 
    • Tail Gunner V3 - now I was going to go with Wear Them All expansion for this one, but I decided to showcase an older Eloroncedark outfit that I absolutely love. Besides I have a feeling I'll be using WTA a lot and I think I wanted to save it for later. LOL. I love this outfit - it's always been one of my favourites so i was thrilled that I was able to get it on G3F finally. Example 01
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 15,290
    Novica said:

    Okay, jump back to here for 12 more of the Genesis 3 Males.

    Novica, what are the numbers that you post by the renders?

  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 7,957
    edited May 2017

    Knittingmommy's Top 3 Picks for April 2017

    Despite being busy with other stuff, I did actually manage to render some new stuff.  I have a mix of old and new that I picked up over MM and rendered in April.

    1.   Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Kit for Iray  I've had this one for a while and I adore it.  Tone mapping is so important to get a wide variety of looks and, yet, a lot of people ignore it because they don't know what the different Tone Mapping options do.  Tonal Rage provides an easy click of the button option for those just starting out with tone mapping in their renders.  I love this one and how easy it is to use.  I picked up an older outfit during MM and I had a specific look in mind that I wanted to achieve.  Tonal Rage helped me get there without any postwork.  Render
    2. iReal Animated Butterflies and Wisps  I loved working with this.  So, easy and the colors are amazing.  Great for either still images or animation.  Pic
    3. Sketchy - Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders for Iray  I absolutely love this one!  It is so nice to be able to do toons in Iray right out of the box.  Pic

     

    edit: forgot to set the target so things pop into a new tab.  Fixed that.

    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    edited May 2017
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

    Okay, jump back to here for 12 more of the Genesis 3 Males.

    Novica, what are the numbers that you post by the renders?

    Those are the Exposure Value numbers, based on a stable Film ISO that never changes, so you can get a feel of which men are substantially lighter or darker when compared to each other.  It's explained here (and it's the master list of the renders) but basically, it's not the optimum lighting, it's lighting within the same range as much as possible. I did it for myself to see the light/dark of the skin, and also the tones (hues.) While I normally don't like to share portraits which aren't optimally lit, I thought seeing the different morphs would be worthwhile and also perhaps some other folks might be interested in the adjustment in light. 

    I also want to see what I have before buying any more men. Some of these other offerings which I don't have, look like what I already own.

    Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    edited May 2017

    Participants in the Top 3-5, check your PMs. I've sent your numbers for the gift card drawing, and sent them to Serene Night so she can draw a number. She'll post here whenever she selects one. I've got everyone included who posted prior to this post. Thanks for participating! 

    Post edited by Novica on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

    Knittingmommy's Top 3 Picks for April 2017

    Despite being busy with other stuff, I did actually manage to render some new stuff.  I have a mix of old and new that I picked up over MM and rendered in April.

    1.   Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Kit for Iray

    Ooooo...  I missed that when it hit the shop.  I need that!!

  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 7,957
    edited May 2017
    Fisty said:

    Knittingmommy's Top 3 Picks for April 2017

    Despite being busy with other stuff, I did actually manage to render some new stuff.  I have a mix of old and new that I picked up over MM and rendered in April.

    1.   Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Kit for Iray

    Ooooo...  I missed that when it hit the shop.  I need that!!

    I love that product.  Before I got it, I never messed with the Tone Mapping tab.  This makes it easy.  I've spent quite a bit of time clicking on buttons and seeing how it affected the settings in the Tone Mapping tab learning what it does so I can play with it on my own.  I highly recommend it.  I love experimenting with it which how that image with the Red Rabbit came about.  I had a specific idea in mind and Tonal Rage made it very easy to get the look I wanted without having to do postwork.

    edit:  added a dropped word

    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • RARA Posts: 78

    Thanks for mentioning this one Sketchy - Toon Edge and Art Style Shaders for Iray .  I spent a lot of time in Gimp trying to do the same thing with my renders

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 15,899

    The winning number is 61. Congratulations!

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2017

    I did another combination of two products. The main one is Shaded Sanctuary which is an Arabian-style building. Shaded Sanctuary is good looking inside and out but needs to be set in some type of landscape as it has large windows and doors which dominate the view. You'll want to either use an appropriate HDRI or a landscape product to take best advantage of it. The product I combined it with is Medina Cityscape Generator which is another Arabian-style environment.  That provided the terrain, surrounding lo-rez buildings and people. Now when you look out the windows and doors, you see compatible objects. I thought they went together fairly well.

    I did a 360 render at 4098 x 2024. It ran for 8 hours when it timed out - it could have gone a bit longer. I used the Scene Optimizer to fit it onto my 2gb GPU as it was even slower to render on CPU (lots of large maps for the interior Shaded Sanctuary props). Be sure to check out the 360 view.

    Below is a normal Iray render from the inside looking out:

    Shaded sanctuary.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508
    Novica said:

    I liked this except for the spilled paint/blood on the floor. I know it can be easily material zoned out though. Thanks for showing it and the note about the separate items, it does make it really handy.

    I think it's meant to be paint as in other areas it is blue and green. I'm not sure how easy it would be to replace if you want to keep the other floor details as it's baked into the texture jpg. You could use another industrial shader on the floor of course.

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508
    Fisty said:

    Knittingmommy's Top 3 Picks for April 2017

    Despite being busy with other stuff, I did actually manage to render some new stuff.  I have a mix of old and new that I picked up over MM and rendered in April.

    1.   Tonal Rage - Tone Mapping Kit for Iray

    Ooooo...  I missed that when it hit the shop.  I need that!!

    Me too! 

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508

    So I wonder, how many men has Novica in her runtime?????? 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,734
    Novica said:
    I did another combination of two products. The main one is Shaded Sanctuary which is an Arabian-style building. Shaded Sanctuary is good looking inside and out but needs to be set in some type of landscape as it has large windows and doors which dominate the view. You'll want to either use an appropriate HDRI or a landscape product to take best advantage of it. The product I combined it with is Medina Cityscape Generator which is another Arabian-style environment.  That provided the terrain, surrounding lo-rez buildings and people. Now when you look out the windows and doors, you see compatible objects. I thought they went together fairly well.
    RGcincy said:

    I did a 360 render at 4098 x 2024. It ran for 8 hours when it timed out - it could have gone a bit longer. I used the Scene Optimizer to fit it onto my 2gb GPU as it was even slower to render on CPU (lots of large maps for the interior Shaded Sanctuary props). Be sure to check out the 360 view.

    Below is a normal Iray render from the inside looking out:

    That is stunning in both views! I have Shaded Sanctuary and am planning to use it soon in a render. Nice job combining that! 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    RGcincy said:

    So I wonder, how many men has Novica in her runtime?????? 

    Well, I'm only doing the Genesis 3 males, and none of the specialized ones, I have about 14 more to go. I'm only doing the ones who have character avatars in Content Library, not going through the file list. (So doing the ones who have images when you click on "Characters.")  I just counted and I've rendered 79, plus 14, is 93. I have the zombies, Woody, etc, so probably overall 100ish from Daz and about 10 from Rendo (but that's a guess) for Genesis 3 males.

    So how about you?

    And btw, you have the winning number! 

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    RGcincy said:

    I did another combination of two products. The main one is Shaded Sanctuary which is an Arabian-style building. Shaded Sanctuary is good looking inside and out but needs to be set in some type of landscape as it has large windows and doors which dominate the view. You'll want to either use an appropriate HDRI or a landscape product to take best advantage of it. The product I combined it with is Medina Cityscape Generator which is another Arabian-style environment.  

    Those two do go remarkably well together, and it really sets the mood to have that backgroun complement the main scene. Nicely done!

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508
    Novica said:

    Well, I'm only doing the Genesis 3 males, and none of the specialized ones, I have about 14 more to go. I'm only doing the ones who have character avatars in Content Library, not going through the file list. (So doing the ones who have images when you click on "Characters.")  I just counted and I've rendered 79, plus 14, is 93. I have the zombies, Woody, etc, so probably overall 100ish from Daz and about 10 from Rendo (but that's a guess) for Genesis 3 males.

    So how about you?

    More than I thought I would have: 21 G3M's. When you're done, I'll see if any I have to fill in gaps.

     

    Novica said:

    And btw, you have the winning number! 

    Thank you again for your generosity and this thread!

     

    Llynara said:

    That is stunning in both views! I have Shaded Sanctuary and am planning to use it soon in a render. Nice job combining that! 

    Novica said:

    Those two do go remarkably well together, and it really sets the mood to have that background complement the main scene. Nicely done!

    Thanks Novica and Llynara! I passed by Shaded Sanctuary when it first came out, but when it was on sale recently, I saw it might look good with Medina. I also have Marrakesh Souk and Quel Bazar I want to combine in.

     

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,464
    RGcincy said:
    Novica said:

    Well, I'm only doing the Genesis 3 males, and none of the specialized ones, I have about 14 more to go. I'm only doing the ones who have character avatars in Content Library, not going through the file list. (So doing the ones who have images when you click on "Characters.")  I just counted and I've rendered 79, plus 14, is 93. I have the zombies, Woody, etc, so probably overall 100ish from Daz and about 10 from Rendo (but that's a guess) for Genesis 3 males.

    So how about you?

    More than I thought I would have: 21 G3M's. When you're done, I'll see if any I have to fill in gaps.

     

    Novica said:

    And btw, you have the winning number! 

    Thank you again for your generosity and this thread!

     

    Llynara said:

    That is stunning in both views! I have Shaded Sanctuary and am planning to use it soon in a render. Nice job combining that! 

    Novica said:

    Those two do go remarkably well together, and it really sets the mood to have that background complement the main scene. Nicely done!

    Thanks Novica and Llynara! I passed by Shaded Sanctuary when it first came out, but when it was on sale recently, I saw it might look good with Medina. I also have Marrakesh Souk and Quel Bazar I want to combine in.

     

    These are all on my wishlist except for the Quel Bazaar which I have.  You made that Shaded Sanctuary look very very good!  And congrats on having the winning number!

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,464

    And I have 45 G3M males so I will also be happy to fill in once you are done. Not counting creatures, and faces of asia and the like.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    edited May 2017

    Genesis 3 Males  R (part 2) - S - T - X 

    Ronan  14.20
    Russell  14.40


    Samuel   13.85
    Sasori     14.40


    Sawyer   14.09
    Scion      15.49


    Seth   14.50


    Shen 14.50 /  Shen Default Iray HDRI  13.76

    Takeshi   14.40     Tchanun 13.76 (Default Iray HDRI) (by MelanieL)

    Toruum  15.30

    Tween Ryan    14.70
    Xavier     13.35

    ronan.png
    438 x 600 - 255K
    russell.png
    438 x 600 - 255K
    samuel.png
    438 x 600 - 244K
    sasori.png
    438 x 600 - 232K
    sawyer.png
    438 x 600 - 248K
    scion.png
    438 x 600 - 217K
    seth.png
    438 x 600 - 221K
    shen.png
    438 x 600 - 228K
    shenMelanie.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 141K
    takeshi.png
    438 x 600 - 240K
    toruun.png
    438 x 600 - 225K
    tween ryan.png
    438 x 600 - 236K
    xavier.png
    438 x 600 - 236K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,138
    edited May 2017

    Counting all figures (creatures and HD versions included) I have 72 G3M males O_o and there are probably a few more who are only a preset rather than a figure.

    I'm afraid to look at the females now.

    EDIT: okay, that's interesting... I have 67 G3M females (again, counting critters and HD versions, and not counting presets). For G2, the balance is 50 F, 49 M.

    Post edited by Nath on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534

    Here's the full list. So any missing G3M's, feel free folks!

  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 15,899

    So who won? I Am curious.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534

    So who won? I Am curious.

    I didn't do a separate post, that's why you missed it. RGcincy is now $5 richer. Thanks for drawing a number for us!

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2017

    UPDATED: I only have one G3M you didn't list and that's Landon. The product has 4 different heads as shown below. This is using Painter's Lights.

    Landon 01     13.76
    Landon 02     13.76

      

    Landon 03     13.76
    Landon 04     13.76

     

     

    Landon 01.png
    438 x 600 - 295K
    Landon 02.png
    438 x 600 - 286K
    Landon 03.png
    438 x 600 - 284K
    Landon 04.png
    438 x 600 - 285K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,554
    Novica said:

    So who won? I Am curious.

    I didn't do a separate post, that's why you missed it. RGcincy is now $5 richer. Thanks for drawing a number for us!

    Congratulations RGcincy!

  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 7,957

    Congrats, RGcincy!  :)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534

    Note the gift card offers stack, you can get about 20% off if you haven't bought some of the Ophelia products that trigger that 10% gift card offer. It's not a glitch.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 22,534
    edited May 2017

    Note all prices are dependent on if you have the qualifying items in the cart.

    Swam Hair- in the sale. Look at all the morphs in Morgane Hair, you can significantly reduce the top. Compare it to Lauren Hair, which has fewer. I'm picking up both I think, but it is good to note the number of morphs in Morgane.  Also, take a look at the brunette hair in the thumbnails for Lorin Hair- it's a really classy style to use with a fancy evening gown! 

    And the Tonal Rage product goes down to 7.63 depending on what you have in the cart.  Note Nydo Hair is $3.77    Charlotte Hair would be great for kids and one thumbnail shows you how you can shrink the poofiness/lengthen one side, change the bangs a bit. Kimmy Hair is another one that changes quite nicely, according to the promos.

    For a good bundle, and to pick up Carson, Lover's Delight Bundle is already 65%, and it drops to $13.48 (Just Carson would be $11.85)
    Daydreamer Outfit- I don't like the materials on the pants (that's easy, use a shader) but I like the flared bottoms, they seem fluid, and I'm tired of skin tight jeans. The top can be used for beach scenes/with other jeans. $6.91 

    The cute Magic Ball (with shaders- change it up) is worth a peek for $2.70 if you have qualifying item in your cart (Arcanum sale, main promo banner. The Book of Spells is only $2.87. Again, think shaders. Some of those Iray metal/chrome for the hinges, and aged leather for the binding, and wow.)  IMAGE IS HERE

    I'm getting Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes which triggers that Arcanum sale.

    Oh, and Fast Grab has changed. Depending on what you have in your cart, test those prices. 

    I just tested- if you receive two gift card codes, the first one is usually wrong and the second one is right.  

     

    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.