Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

18283858788101

Comments

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728

    Yes, she comes with no makeup at all, and many makeup and eye color options. 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728

    Has anyone used the iray essentials on the centaur yet?  I can't get the materials to load, I keep getting error messages that files could not be found.  The tail colors load but the main coat colors do not. I have tried applying it to all parts of the centaur, the shell, the coat, the whole character etc.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am still getting the same error.

    2017-05-08 13:47:50.393 Loaded file: IDG Body - Dapple Grey.duf
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_SilverGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
     

    I haven't used it on the horse but didn't get any errors using it on the Centaur that I posted last night. I can try and see if I get the same errors. 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728
    edited May 2017

    Here is Anagord's Rania for G3F. What a gorgeous, pale, photorealistic character! She reminds me of...

    Rania1.jpg
    1500 x 1433 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,426
    Llynara said:
     

    I haven't used it on the horse but didn't get any errors using it on the Centaur that I posted last night. I can try and see if I get the same errors. 

    Please.  I'm sure its user error but I don't know what else to try.

  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,536
    edited May 2017
    Llynara said:

    Has anyone used the iray essentials on the centaur yet?  I can't get the materials to load, I keep getting error messages that files could not be found.  The tail colors load but the main coat colors do not. I have tried applying it to all parts of the centaur, the shell, the coat, the whole character etc.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am still getting the same error.

    2017-05-08 13:47:50.393 Loaded file: IDG Body - Dapple Grey.duf
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_SilverGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
     

    I haven't used it on the horse but didn't get any errors using it on the Centaur that I posted last night. I can try and see if I get the same errors. 

    Those would be horse textures, to apply to the Daz Horse 2. They need the Horse 2 Pro bundle installed. Did you see the presets for the centaur parts in the Genesis 3 male/characters/centaur/materials folder? The centaur presets need the Centaur 7 Male Breeds and Hides installed to work properly, and I know it doesn't say that on the product page, and I'm trying to get it updated.

    Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728

    I have to post Robert for G3M by Tempesta3D anyhow. I'll make him into a centaur and use the materials. I seem to be on a centaur kick lately, LOL

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,426
    Llynara said:

    Has anyone used the iray essentials on the centaur yet?  I can't get the materials to load, I keep getting error messages that files could not be found.  The tail colors load but the main coat colors do not. I have tried applying it to all parts of the centaur, the shell, the coat, the whole character etc.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am still getting the same error.

    2017-05-08 13:47:50.393 Loaded file: IDG Body - Dapple Grey.duf
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_SilverGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
     

    I haven't used it on the horse but didn't get any errors using it on the Centaur that I posted last night. I can try and see if I get the same errors. 

    Those would be horse textures, to apply to the Daz Horse 2. They need the Horse 2 Pro bundle installed. Did you see the presets for the centaur parts in the Genesis 3 male/characters/centaur/materials folder? The centaur presets need the Centaur 7 Male Breeds and Hides installed to work properly, and I know it doesn't say that on the product page, and I'm trying to get it updated.

    Ah THAT is probably the problem.  Let me go check my Genesis 3 Male character folder.  (I do have all the proper horse things, its just the centaur part.

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,426

    That was it, thank you so much DestinysGarden!  This is what happens when one has too much stuff lol! Even though I have 4.8 specifically so that I have those handy blue bars to track down new material, I got it right on my laptop and wrong on my pc lol. 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728
    Llynara said:

    Has anyone used the iray essentials on the centaur yet?  I can't get the materials to load, I keep getting error messages that files could not be found.  The tail colors load but the main coat colors do not. I have tried applying it to all parts of the centaur, the shell, the coat, the whole character etc.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled and am still getting the same error.

    2017-05-08 13:47:50.393 Loaded file: IDG Body - Dapple Grey.duf
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_WhiteHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyHeadMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_SilverGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
    2017-05-08 13:47:50.514 Could not resolve : "/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Animals/Horse 2/Horse2_DappleGreyBodyMH2.jpg"
     

    I haven't used it on the horse but didn't get any errors using it on the Centaur that I posted last night. I can try and see if I get the same errors. 

    Those would be horse textures, to apply to the Daz Horse 2. They need the Horse 2 Pro bundle installed. Did you see the presets for the centaur parts in the Genesis 3 male/characters/centaur/materials folder? The centaur presets need the Centaur 7 Male Breeds and Hides installed to work properly, and I know it doesn't say that on the product page, and I'm trying to get it updated.

    Oops, sorry. Cross posted! I'm loving these new textures. DG! You and InaneGlory did a wonderful job on them. I really feel like these should have been the defaults. They are so much better than what came with Centaur 7. Great work! 

  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,536

    Thanks Llynara. I really like the pictures you posted a page or two back.

    Glad you got it sorted out Sonja. I  know how it is with stuff everywhere.

    @Novica, I meant to say earlier that I'm really enjoying all the head shots of the male characters. That is an excellent reference and great comparisons to really show of the differences.

  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,415
    MelanieL said:

    I picked up DestinysGarden's Iray Bling It! Shaders yesterday and was trying them out today. This is Olympia 7 in the Midnight Club for G3F outfit, completely retextured with those shaders. Midnight Club I think has been reviewed in here before - like all Fisty & Darc clothing it has plenty of material zones so is easy to retexture. The garments trims and shoe soles/heels are using metallic solid colour settings, the main fabric of the top is one of the sequin settings and the pants and shoes some of the beaded ones.

    ETA: The background is a photoshop creation uisng Ron's Flourishes brushes by the way.

     

    Them's some fine lookin' shaders.  laugh  (and on my wishlist now)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652

    @Novica, I meant to say earlier that I'm really enjoying all the head shots of the male characters. That is an excellent reference and great comparisons to really show of the differences.

    Thanks, still working on them. It's really just to show the different morphs, as I'm keeping the lighting all in the same range whether it's the optimum lighting or not (and many of  them are nots)  I got sidetracked with the material tutorial but I'll try to do ten more tonight (or more.)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652

    @melanieL   Would you mind posting that render and the link to the product in The Material Zone thread here in the Art Studio? I created it so folks could cruise through shader examples and have it all in one place.

  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,420

    All you need now is a gull wing delorean at the stop sign.  Great animation,  the speed and the skid seem right on. 

    Thanks FirstBastion. I bet there's a delorean model somewhere.

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 5,027
    Fisty said:
    MelanieL said:

    I picked up DestinysGarden's Iray Bling It! Shaders yesterday and was trying them out today. This is Olympia 7 in the Midnight Club for G3F outfit, completely retextured with those shaders. Midnight Club I think has been reviewed in here before - like all Fisty & Darc clothing it has plenty of material zones so is easy to retexture. The garments trims and shoe soles/heels are using metallic solid colour settings, the main fabric of the top is one of the sequin settings and the pants and shoes some of the beaded ones.

    ETA: The background is a photoshop creation uisng Ron's Flourishes brushes by the way.

     

    Them's some fine lookin' shaders.  laugh  (and on my wishlist now)

    I love them. But then I'm a shader junkie! (I have most of yours too, the Iray fabric ones - Lace is a favourite - and the older 3Delight ones - AElflaed's and Phoebe's Fancy and the great Gemologica still get used in many of my renders as I use 3Delight a lot still). Your jewels and clothing are pretty neat too! laugh

  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 5,027
    edited May 2017
    Novica said:

    @melanieL   Would you mind posting that render and the link to the product in The Material Zone thread here in the Art Studio? I created it so folks could cruise through shader examples and have it all in one place.

    Done.

    By the way did you spot my April 2017 Picks on Page 84 - they are not in your cross-reference list and I believe the closing date is today?

    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,420
    edited May 2017

    I did some Iray renders of Factory Warehouse. Very nice interior environment if you like industrial settings. I've been in a number of chemical plants that had a look similar to this. It comes with Iray and 3DL materials and the lighting you see is what I got when I loaded the set. It has many props that you can use in other industrial scenes. My big surprise was that it's almost a construction set. The prop folder contains the individual wall, floor and ceiling sections that you can use to assemble your own industrial room. I say almost because not all the parts fit together smoothly (there's two rooms in the set, one bigger than the other, and that affects what wall and ceiling parts go together).

    To see a 360 view, click here. (By the way, I found an offline viewer for spherical images. Go here to learn more.)

    Here's a more conventional view of the warehouse interior:

     

    Facotry Warehouse.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 790K
    Factory Warehouse spherical.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 5M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,536
    edited May 2017
    Fisty said:
    MelanieL said:

    I picked up DestinysGarden's Iray Bling It! Shaders yesterday and was trying them out today. This is Olympia 7 in the Midnight Club for G3F outfit, completely retextured with those shaders. Midnight Club I think has been reviewed in here before - like all Fisty & Darc clothing it has plenty of material zones so is easy to retexture. The garments trims and shoe soles/heels are using metallic solid colour settings, the main fabric of the top is one of the sequin settings and the pants and shoes some of the beaded ones.

    ETA: The background is a photoshop creation uisng Ron's Flourishes brushes by the way.

     

    Them's some fine lookin' shaders.  laugh  (and on my wishlist now)

    Thank you my dear. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Fisty's products have the best UV's in the business for using shader presets on. See how the texture is not distorted and super stretched across the back and bust lines? That's all her. Thanks Fisty, for making my life easier. My product review is anything by Fisty & Darc will get you top notch material zones, and meticulous UV maps. They are a kit-basher's dream.

    @MelanieL - really nice pic. I love how you used the brushes on the backdrop. That render is pretty much product promo worthy in my opinion.

    Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 488
    RGcincy said:

    All you need now is a gull wing delorean at the stop sign.  Great animation,  the speed and the skid seem right on. 

    Thanks FirstBastion. I bet there's a delorean model somewhere.

    Yup, over on sharecg complete with flux capacitor, hook, Mr. Fusion and flying conversion add ons.  The same person also has the train too.  Search for BTTF of course ;)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652
    MelanieL said:
    Novica said:

    @melanieL   Would you mind posting that render and the link to the product in The Material Zone thread here in the Art Studio? I created it so folks could cruise through shader examples and have it all in one place.

    Done.

    By the way did you spot my April 2017 Picks on Page 84 - they are not in your cross-reference list and I believe the closing date is today?

    I saw that yesterday then got sidetracked. I'll do it now (was out running errands, off the computer a couple hours.) 

  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,415

     That render is pretty much product promo worthy in my opinion.

    Indeed.

  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,310

    I was too optimistic. Entertaining family in town and associated events wiped me off the map. I will try to do this next month; I really appreciate seeing what folks have worked with, so I want to see if I can reciprocate.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652
    edited May 2017

    Just a quick mention- for those of you who want a realistic barn interior, many barns (and most of them in hot climates, or who have hot summers) have box fans in each stall because they're so cheap to run. In the sale over at rendo, there is a box fan for $3.75  (it's an obj, not hard to add materials to/change it up.) It's in uncle808us store. You can type in Box Fan FBX in search too. 

    I'm picking up a few more- in Valkyrie's store- Drew and Mona. If you like really thick eyebrows, check out Mona. Both are G3F. They are $6.73 and $7.50 (I'm prime, it's 8.22 and 11.21. Drew is Prime Flash so grab her if you like her, $6.73 is a deal.) 

    Edit: Yonnie for G3F has some neat materials, she's $5.63 Prime.

    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,426

    I would be hard pressed to name a shader by DestinysGarden that I don't own lol.  In both 3delight and Iray.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652
    edited May 2017

    I was too optimistic. Entertaining family in town and associated events wiped me off the map. I will try to do this next month; I really appreciate seeing what folks have worked with, so I want to see if I can reciprocate.

    LOL, just think of all the ones I can choose from for this month- all those Genesis 3 Male heads!  BTW, would be interested to know who you folks like so far, a few surprised me.

    Post edited by Novica on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728
    edited May 2017

    Ok, I've been lost today in rendering and RDNA blowout sales. I shouldn't have but I did. Could not resist the prices! More renders coming soon!

    Llynara's Top Picks for April 2017

    So I looked back on just what I rendered in April. I got derailed mid month and didn't render anything for a week or two. Here are my top picks for April:

    Note: my internet is horribly slow tonight so I'm posting this and trying to edit in the links between the lag.

    1. Wear Them All Expansion- OMG, I am in heaven! loved Wear Them All to begin with, but expanding it to make Generation 3 clothing usable was BRILLIANT! The clothes are what got me into Gen 3 in the first place. Now they can come forward to all the generations much easier than before. Yay! Pic 1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4
    2. Centaur 7 for G3M- I love it. The new IDG materials make it even better and I cannot wait to see a future female version. I'm glad they released the male first. I'm having a lot of fun making Darwin's characters into centaurs: Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4
    3. Evan for G3M- Darwin's latest has some wonderful options, including scars and creature creator presets. Fabulous work, as always! I need to do some more renders of him. Pic1
    4. Digivault's Stardomes - I felt like it was Christmas again when I discovered how to make this usable in Iray. I adore this set! Conversion notes are on my thread start here. Pic1 Pic2 (many more renders on the thread.)
    5. FW Noah HD for Dante 7- Gorgeous, looks like Patrick Swayze. Do I need another reason? Example 1
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 7,790
    Novica said:

    Every now and then I come across some DAZ content that just leaves me scratching my head... 

    https://www.daz3d.com/taurette-for-genesis-2-female-hd
     

    LOL, and I can assure you, that's ONE thing I DO NOT OWN.

    Good morning folks. I thought I'd share an OT video I found a couple years ago. As artists, you can appreciate the creativity. I'm surprised they didn't have to bleep out the reactions. I found it funny that no one grabbed for the handrail. Like going into a corner is going to do you any good!

    I would seriously never get in an elevator again if I had been in there!  I take the stairs most of the time anyway.  I hate elevators.  That would just cinch it for me.  I'm finally caught up with the thread!  Yay!  You guys have been super busy.

     

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652

    @knittingmommy  Do you have a top 3-5 this month? (Not trying to pressure you.) 

  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,728
    edited May 2017
    Novica said:

    Just a quick mention- for those of you who want a realistic barn interior, many barns (and most of them in hot climates, or who have hot summers) have box fans in each stall because they're so cheap to run. In the sale over at rendo, there is a box fan for $3.75  (it's an obj, not hard to add materials to/change it up.) It's in uncle808us store. You can type in Box Fan FBX in search too. 

    I'm picking up a few more- in Valkyrie's store- Drew and Mona. If you like really thick eyebrows, check out Mona. Both are G3F. They are $6.73 and $7.50 (I'm prime, it's 8.22 and 11.21. Drew is Prime Flash so grab her if you like her, $6.73 is a deal.) 

    Edit: Yonnie for G3F has some neat materials, she's $5.63 Prime.

    I have Mona, she's fantastic. I picked up a few more too: 

    • Erica for G3F (RPublishing) - reminds me of Charlize Theron, very beautiful! 
    • Ana for G3F (RPublishing) - another beauty
    • Amina for G3F/V7 (Anagord) pale, dark haired and beautiful with slightly quirky nose and eyebrows. I really like her features. 
    • Deena for G3F/V7 (Anagord) Lovely, strong (a little fierce looking in some of the renders)
    • Rachel for V4 (Anagord) She has Iray materials included. Drop dead gorgeous, almost doll like. Love the face.
    • Eira for G3f/V7 (Anagord) Quirky, fun, interesting
    • Briony for G3F/V7 (Anagord) Looks like she was born angry. She scowled at me until I put her in my cart. She looks tough and fierce but also beautiful. 

    Most of Anagord's are $5-$6 in the sale with Prime, come with great options and are very photorealistic. I really don't know when that PA sleeps, because she churns out a lot of beautifully detailed stuff for Iray.

    I also picked up Pix's Izarra here. She's gorgeous and has such wonderful character in her features. And four different skin tones! Wow! I will render her very soon.

    Post edited by Llynara on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 21,652

    Okay, jump back to here for 12 more of the Genesis 3 Males.

This discussion has been closed.