Wear Them All

Gen 3 lives once again! :)

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

laughlaugh

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519

Gen 3 lives once again! :)

Haha, yes they do, sorry to kept you guys waiting so long :)

Just to note there's a Read Me, PDF file with some more instructions included in the product, it should be available on products doc page too.

This time list of items used in promos included too.

Cheerio,

V.

• Although I don't have a HUGE library of V3,A3,D3,H3 etc, everything I've used so far is working remarkably well!  So many amazing clothes were made back then and this gives me even a more expanded wardrobe.  Love love love.  Thank you V, for all your hard work!  Really an amazing product. :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited April 2017

...so does it work for footwear as that is usually one of Autofit's big weak points with Gen4.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...so does it work for footwear as that is usually one of Autofit's big weak points with Gen4.

To be honest I think it will all come down to how the item is modeled.  I've had very good luck with footwear so far.  Some footwear that didn't seem to be modeled too well had minor issues, but seriously most footwear I've used has worked suprisingly well.  I don't have every single item that was made so I can't speak for what I haven't used.

• for me I consider the wear them all products as must haves got the previous ones saw this and just had to grab it, there are a lot of old clothing I have really really wished they'd remake for g3 and now I can use them smileyheartlaugh so happy

just a quickie: this is Victoria 7 wearing TechnoMaelstrom for V3. Just put the default iray shader on the clothing. I have added smoothing to each piece - the boots are at 8 with smoothing set to generic. The rest of the pieces have smoothing at 4-6 or so, nothing huge. 

It's really going to depend on the original outfit - I've had a no go with some, and others worked beautifully. 

very quick render: (click for larger)

WTAExpTest.jpg
    1100 x 1800 - 653K

Now these are "boot 3" from Gothic Couture for V3 and M3. They autofit REALLY well. I put a smoothing modifier on them, at 2, at Generic. I put a leather shader on the boot and straps and left the sole blank so you could see them (as they only have a black diffuse colour, not texture). I haven't tried the rest of the boots in that pack as yet. One has high heels so I'll check that next, as its the heeled shoes we always have trouble with. 

WTAExpTestboot3.jpg
    1100 x 1800 - 929K

this one is the Way Spirit for A3

I actually turned smoothing off for the shirt as due to the arms in this particular pose, it was wrapping around her biceps (hate that happening). But even with smoothing off, it fits well. Again, just stuck the default iray shader on them. the pants do go right up her bum with these, so either don't pose her from the back LOL or use one of sickleyield's decrackifiers. 

WTAExpTestwayspirit.jpg
    1100 x 1800 - 697K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited April 2017

Always wanted to ask, does it work on the skins as well? Not just this new one but the other ones as well. I have the UV swap for g3m-f but I'd like to use the older skins

Post edited by Linwelly on
    edited April 2017

no, the Wear them All's are for clothing.  

Linwelly said:

Always wanted to ask, does it work on the skins as well? Not just this new one but the other ones as well. I have the UV swap for g3m-f but I'd like to use the older skins

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • The third gernation figures had their feet flat in the zero pose, so judging by their clones for previous Genesis figures footwear should covnert better than fourth generation footwear - though no doubt with variations from item to item.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

OMG, I'm in heaven! Thank you so much, @Valzheimer ! I've been working with Generation 3 a LOT this year. The clothes sucked me in. They have such fantastic ones. I love your products and am thrilled to see this one! The oldies but goodies are back again!

Linwelly said:

You can move the skins forward with Cayman's UV products. They work very well, and he has one for V3.

ha ha! The whole time I played with this for the last couple of weeks, I kept thinking of you. LOL laugh

Llynara said:

OMG, I'm in heaven! Thank you so much, @Valzheimer ! I've been working with Generation 3 a LOT this year. The clothes sucked me in. They have such fantastic ones. I love your products and am thrilled to see this one! The oldies but goodies are back again!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

ha!

I bought and returned a v3 item as I couldn't get it to fit, despite managing to get a couple of other items to work.

So the item I returned is now much cheaper, so guess I'll try it out on both of those; if it works I keep both. So cross your fingers for a sale. :)

jakiblue said:

ha ha! The whole time I played with this for the last couple of weeks, I kept thinking of you. LOL laugh

Llynara said:

LOL, you know me well! laugh

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    Llynara said:
    Linwelly said:

You can move the skins forward with Cayman's UV products. They work very well, and he has one for V3.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Finally, I can get Petite Fleur Hair to work without a whole bunch of tinkering. Also can't wait to use the K4 clothing on the Genesis 3 little kids I made using the the growing up package. This almost made me want to play hookey from work today to play with all this.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    Linwelly said:

See this thread for more info

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/79141/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-commercial#latest

• Ok, let me get this straight. This product allows me to use Kids 4, Victoria 3, Michael 3, Aiko 3, Hiro 3, Freak 3, Stephanie 3 and David 3 clothing on Genesis 3?  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Ok, let me get this straight. This product allows me to use Kids 4, Victoria 3, Michael 3, Aiko 3, Hiro 3, Freak 3, Stephanie 3 and David 3 clothing on Genesis 3?  

Yep. I was already doing this by autofitting to genesis and then saving and autofitting to genesis 3, but this will save me a step and some disc space.

That's what I was doing too. Excited to have less steps and less space.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

for me I consider the wear them all products as must haves got the previous ones saw this and just had to grab it, there are a lot of old clothing I have really really wished they'd remake for g3 and now I can use them smileyheartlaugh so happy

Likewise. I don't know how often the need to use old generation 3 stuff would come up but darn it, I AM a completist!

• How does it work with skirts and dresses? 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I tried a K4 dress on G3F. See attached.

Still happy I bought it since it's nice to have the extra clones for older clothing. zbrush, blender, smoothing, etc can be used to help with the stretching that remains (though it would be cool if a weight mapping template was available to fix the issue).

dress1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Thanks for the reply! smiley  I'm temted to buy Wear them all, but I wish it could autofit dresses better, I don't know enough about 3D to use Blender and Z brush, and I'm not sure how to use smoothing.

I'm interested in this dress: https://www.daz3d.com/alice-for-aiko but only if it can be used on Genesis 3 Female.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Hmm, well you can always buy it, experiment, and return it. I don't have that particular item, so I cannot test it.

Smoothing is the easiest. In the Scene tab, go to the little hamburger menu > Edit > Geometry > Apply Smoothing Modifier. Then in parameters tab, dress > general > mesh smoothing, set it to something ridiculously high. I set it to Smoothing Type Generic, Smoothing Iterations 99 and Collisision iterations 100. See attached for the result. Not perfect but certainly a lot better than before.

dress1withsmoothing.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1021K
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

I am SOOOO HAPPY that this product came out :D I don't have to autofit to Genesis anymore! I'll have to test it out at home to see how it handles mesh distortion of certain items, of course...

Are there any plans for a V2/V1 autofit clone? Hmmmmmm? winklaugh

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519

The third gernation figures had their feet flat in the zero pose, so judging by their clones for previous Genesis figures footwear should covnert better than fourth generation footwear - though no doubt with variations from item to item.

Yes this is very very true, flat shoes befahave quiet well (I'd say better than those of V4, closer to what you get with Genesis clone), but as said depends on how good geometry was on the clothing item to begin with and can it handle some smoothing and such. I haven't tested high heels but I assume you may run into minor troubles there because we are talking the clothing item adopting the Genesis 3 skeleton which is often problematic with high heels as it's always been with refits.

I've found Genesis 3 Female to wear male shirts really well (one shown in main promo under the jacket is actually M3 shirt), crank some cleavage fixer to push the middle out and you're good.

And most honorable mention, I can certainly say you can thank @jakiblue for this product finally seeing the light of day, not only is she our most valuable asset of EM3D promotional team with her amazing art, she's a great companion, tester and persuer when she sees me making something she likes, hahaha, love you to bits you crazy lady :D