Wear Them All

167891012»

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

autofit yeah, and if you check the pdf, you'll see there are some sliders in teh parameters to help smoothe stuff out too. :D  

How it works is you select the character you want to dress in the old non-compatible clothing and then click the preset icons of the incompatible clothing and Wear Them All intercepts the clothing preset and gives you a list of options of in a grey dropdown list of original DAZ model capatibilities like Victoria 4, Michael 4, A3, V3, M3, Genesis, Genesis 2 and so on. It is called autofit and it's intergrated to look like it's a part of the DAZ 3D autofit you should already of used before.

Ah yes, thanks for that, so it's integrated into auto fit, I understand now.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

It was a nice surprise to see the Wear Them All products in fast grab today.  I already had one of these, and have been pretty happy with it.  I picked up a couple more of these (for females), and look forward to seeing how well the G3F shell for G2F thingie works.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Has there been a mention of when this (will) adds Genesis 8 Male/Female to the choices?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    avxp said:

Has there been a mention of when this (will) adds Genesis 8 Male/Female to the choices?

You can do that now be fitting to G3F / G3M and saving as a clothing preset, then you use that clothing preset you just saved for G8F / G8M.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558

Just purchased both for Genesis 3 Male and Female.

I have successfully applied a M4 outfit to a Genesis 3 Male..Question tho on how to hide handles..I have looked in the Scene tab drop down arrows for each section of the jacket and cannot find how to hide the handles when rendering.

Any way to hide them? I have attached an image so you can see what I am referring to. 

Thank you! 

HideHandles.jpg
    1812 x 867 - 261K
    digitell said:

Just purchased both for Genesis 3 Male and Female.

I have successfully applied a M4 outfit to a Genesis 3 Male..Question tho on how to hide handles..I have looked in the Scene tab drop down arrows for each section of the jacket and cannot find how to hide the handles when rendering.

Any way to hide them? I have attached an image so you can see what I am referring to. 

Thank you! 

There is usually a preset to hide handles but also look in the scene tab for the handles and click the open eye to close it for the handles.

Thank you nonesuch00 but the handles do not show up in the scenes tab to close the eye icon. I have looked for them and they are not there. I have looked for the preset to hide and cannot find it either. Actually..handles do not show up for hair for for any other item in my scenes tab. I am rather a noob at Daz Studio but trying to learn..baby steps.

Thank you for trying to help me! :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    digitell said:

Thank you nonesuch00 but the handles do not show up in the scenes tab to close the eye icon. I have looked for them and they are not there. I have looked for the preset to hide and cannot find it either. Actually..handles do not show up for hair for for any other item in my scenes tab. I am rather a noob at Daz Studio but trying to learn..baby steps.

Thank you for trying to help me!

Try highlighting the outfit in the scene tab then going to the surfaces tab on the bottom right screen and drill down through the clothing and see if they are hidden there.  If they are, just click on them and then turn the opacity slider to zero.

edited July 2017

Oh, I forgot.  I think months ago, Llynara or SnowSultan or SickleYield or someone said that using Autofit breaks the cloths-handles.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

You can do that now be fitting to G3F / G3M and saving as a clothing preset, then you use that clothing preset you just saved for G8F / G8M.

If I read this right, I want to do the opposite and have early figures wear the new G8 clothing. Mostly G3 though......

I want it to work through auto-fit where it asks who was the clothinhg designed for? and I pick the tab for Genesis 8.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,023
    edited July 2017
    digitell said:

Thank you for trying to help me! :)

I usually find the handles under the surface tab. Click on the clothing, then go to the surface and open them up (drop down). If they are there, you can hide them by lowering the opacity. Here's some screenshots of an M4 coat that also has handles:

1. Select the piece of clothing that has the handles in the scene tab (in this case the coat).
    2. Open the surface tab then click on each of the surfaces and lower their opacity (to check which of them belongs to the handles).
    3. Once you figure out which one corressponds to the handles, keep that one with 0 opacity.

Example.jpg
    2916 x 3767 - 2M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

Thank you Giselle and Ice Dragon..that worked! Thanks so much for your help! :)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Oh, I forgot.  I think months ago, Llynara or SnowSultan or SickleYield or someone said that using Autofit breaks the cloths-handles.

It destroys any bones that are not the bones of the figure you're fitting it to and replaces them with the figure's bones.  So if you had skirt handles, they're gone and now you have just the thighs and shins.

It destroys any bones that are not the bones of the figure you're fitting it to and replaces them with the figure's bones.  So if you had skirt handles, they're gone and now you have just the thighs and shins.

Ah, thanks!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited September 2017

While we're patiently waiting for a Wear Them All for G8 (I hope and dream!), don't forget you can use G3 as a bridge for now. Just autofit to G3, then fit from G3 to G8 in the same scene. Here is P3D Fara for V8 wearing Classic Fantasy: Lady of the Moon for V4. I reshaded the textures with Mec4D PBS Vol 1 metal shaders

Post edited by Llynara on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited September 2017
    Llynara said:

While we're patiently waiting for a Wear Them All for G8 (I hope and dream!), don't forget you can use G3 as a bridge for now. Just autofit to G3, then fit from G3 to G8 in the same scene. Here is P3D Fara for V8 wearing Classic Fantasy: Lady of the Moon for V4. I reshaded the textures with Mec4D PBS Vol 1 metal shaders

Wow! Gorgeous! I love the purple rim lighting - great touch! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, Diva! That's Marshian's wonderful new set, Rim Light Rig Iray.

• Is there any way to get G3F and G3M (and V7/M7 variants) to wear clothes made for G8 M&F? There are pose converters out there but are there any clothes converters?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

Is there any way to get G3F and G3M (and V7/M7 variants) to wear clothes made for G8 M&F? There are pose converters out there but are there any clothes converters?

No clothes converters available yet.

SickleYield has a tutorial on deviantart which might help:

https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

• There is a freebie for that on this thread : Freebies by Catherine3678a : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2888226/#Comment_2888226

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Tried fairytale collection - charming for David 3. Works fine, except the boots. Had to hide the feet because they stuck out.

prinz charming.jpg
    1537 x 1998 - 137K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited November 2017

Tried fairytale collection - charming for David 3. Works fine, except the boots. Had to hide the feet because they stuck out.

I tried some Aiko3 boots on G3F the other day and they did ok but the mesh broke a little and it was best to just shut off the feet. 

I have a feeling that for a lot of generation 3 footware, it may be best to manually parent them in place - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/203776/#Comment_203776

Post edited by Mattymanx on