Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017
    Novica said:

I just now went to the shopping page. (Yep, I check my thread first. You folks were busy while I was sleeping, 20 new posts.) 

@ensary   Hey, Kudos! I really like these Statuesque Poses, and thank you for not just doing "mirror" poses. These are very versatile and there's quite a nice variety. Into the cart with a whoosh! (And I don't usually comment on poses right off the bat.)  For $6.73 they're very well priced! (I have two new releases in the cart...read on) 

@antfarm  You made me laugh out loud! Kobold went into my cart right behind the poses!  

Another product that compliments this well is the Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit. Lots of classical poses and materials (mainly 3Delight, but easily overcome with shaders.) These poses can be converted to G2s or G3s, male or female. There are a lot of goodies in this kit. I picked it up the other day in Fast Grab. It inspired my "Lifted" render I recently posted. I used the partial body poses as a starting point, and then changed them a lot as I tweaked. I really like that it has the partials and that they're mix and match. It also has many full body poses. 

EDIT: There are new freebies today, including DM's Anardhaus. This is an older set, but very nice with a lot of pieces.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

'scuse me for being dumb, I'm just not technical. How does this vendor's structure then find the UV maps? Am I having to go in and manually apply them? Appreciate your help.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    Novica said:

'scuse me for being dumb, I'm just not technical. How does this vendor's structure then find the UV maps? Am I having to go in and manually apply them? Appreciate your help.

Its no problem at all. The UV maps are provided in case you want to make your own textures, they have no other function than that. Technically you can delete them and it will not change how the product works. wink

I'm just wondering why the interior is screwed up. I'm getting these lines. When I apply shaders, will having messed up UVs or whatever those are, cause the shaders to go nutso?  

car2.png
    950 x 675 - 814K
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Thanks!

Well yes for Iray, there should be a solution since normally the luminaires at the ceiling are based on "real luminaires". I mean in the 3delight scene you don't see them, but there are real luminaires in the ceiling :) funny no?  Amongst other things, I conceived lighting systems before making 3D, so when I made this scene I could not help adding something compatible with real ceiling light. In 3delight you just see the "diffuse part", but the "fluorescent tubes" are behind this diffuse part.

So for Iray, there is a kind of "reciepe" to start with. First all the fake irradiance planes in front of walls, ground, and ceiling must be deleted. They were here to compensate things 3delight is not able to render. Then you have to select the luminaire (parented to the ceiling grid) and go in the surfaces, set them all to Iray uber, and set WhiteLumDif cutout opacity to 0. This will hide the diffuse plane in front of the fluorescent tubes.

Then you are going to select the "fluobody" surface, which is the surface of the fluorescent tubes, and set them as emissive (two sided yes). The luminace must be pretty high 1000000.0 lumens. Then in the render settings tone mapping, set a 9.00 exposure value. I think this is all for the lighting. Then adjust a bit the surfaces (convert them to Iray uber maybe) and render. I think on this render you can see the fluo tubes. Ah and the TV set was set to emissive too.

edit : and don't forget to switch off the auto headlamp of the camera !

Thanks for the tips V3Digitimes! I'll give these a try. I still use 3DL a lot but its good to know how to light the room in Iray. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

that is very odd, and I doubt highly it should be happening. Have you put in a ticket for it? Or if it's not from here, have you contacted either the vendor or admin of the site? 

Novica said:

I'm just wondering why the interior is screwed up. I'm getting these lines. When I apply shaders, will having messed up UVs or whatever those are, cause the shaders to go nutso?  

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,502
    edited March 2017

@Novica nope. I'm a green seedling when it comes to Daz. Joined the fall of 2016. Maybe I need a lesson on how to search for Genesis prods. because these shoes are G3 so I am now assuming I did a catch all search that included all genesis related items (727). If thats the case, subtracting G2 and G3 from that would mean the genesis (gen4) would be 258. I own a truckload of places and props. I have kept a seperate library on an external ssd and categorized that library different than Daz does, meaning I put footwear in a footwear folder, not in a clothing folder etc. Under my G1 folder I have only 13 real-people characters if you include Freak 5 (holding breath for new HD Freak) as realistic. I have several other folders for fairies, goblins, creatures, animal-people and toons, some of which are G1 versions. Do you or anyone here know, how to mess with Daz's folders so they categorize better within Daz? By better I mean different.

Edit meant Freak 4. 

genesis 3ish.JPG
    632 x 649 - 60K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

I'm trying to find an answer first, before contacting the vendor. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

The lines look like improperly applied texture maps. I would contact the vendor and let them know.

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited March 2017
    Novica said:

I own that car and will run some tests, when I am at home. I agree with Serene Night., it looks like one of thoses UV-jpgs is for some reason in your diffuse channel. Is this possible?

By the way, I have most of the cars made by this vendor. I usually download the UVs but do not unzip it. As Shadowhawk told you, you do not really need them unless you create your own textures.

Meanwhile some of my car renders ...

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    Novica said:

OK it is showing the UV wire frame maps AFTER you apply a texture? I just saw Serene Nights comment and if the images you are showing are pre shader then I have to agree with her. IF they are post shader than check the texture map and see if somehow the UV map got added when you apllied the texture. Also how are you applying the shader? Straight forward double click or are you trying to keep the original texture map?

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2017

Alien Botanicals 2 are awesome. I picked this up on a whim yesterday, but I'm loving them. (They're still in Fast Grab). I think I'm pretty close to having a B-Movie Planet backdrop. I had to add all the emissives, so it did take a  few hours to do that. But even without the emissive treatment they looked pretty good. But now they look 70s psychedlic awesome!  I've loving the bizarre alien plants, especially the "Tri-testicle Tree",  as I like to call it. I foresee very weird animations in the future with this set. Not quite done with it, but I thought I would share it to show the potential of the Alien Botanicals 2.

Alien Planet.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    entryimage.jpg
    1891 x 1032 - 2M
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on

I hadn't done anything inside the car yet. That's just the way it showed up. :(   I'll load it back up later this afternoon, I'm in the middle of weight mapping something else and can't stop at the moment.

Novica said:

I hadn't done anything inside the car yet. That's just the way it showed up. :(   I'll load it back up later this afternoon, I'm in the middle of weight mapping something else and can't stop at the moment.

Ok that sounds like something wrong with the original texture.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2017

Just wanted to mention for newcomers that the Secret Garden by Merlin, if you just look in the Daz library you will only see the complete set.  The Poser library is where you will find everything broken out like the individual cameras, lights and props.  So make sure you look there as well.  This is true of a lot of earlier sets, not just from Merlin.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited March 2017

The affected interior parts in Novicas render share the same texture map called AsterMeison_Dashboard.jpg. It is just a square almost white greyish map.

Loaded the car and applied the IrayUberBase with holding down Ctrl to keep the textures.

Than I applied some shaders to the surfaces.

Everything worked fine! So pretty sure there is the wrong texture map applied in Novicas render.

AsterMeison_UberBase.jpg
    650 x 500 - 41K
    AsterMeison_Shader.jpg
    650 x 500 - 51K
    Post edited by MN-150374 on

Huh. I didn't change anything, I'll check the file paths later. I'll see if UberBasing will solve it. Thanks so much for checking on it. (I'm still weight mapping and busy with that.)

Only the IrayUberBase Shader will probably not solve the problem. You should verify if the correct map is applied in the Diffuse channel of those interior surfaces. It schould be a map called AsterMeison_Dashboard.jpg. And it should be a plain light grey map, almost white without a wireframe. Maybe it is best to check out the downloaded zip-file if such a map is provided in the runtime/texture folder.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    jakiblue said:

convex! that's the name of the morphs. Watch the video on the product page (and the last promo pic), it explains it all.  

What is this with the Slinky Suit for G3 and how do I fix this?!?

Yup, I found it, thanks. That was so weird, it totally squished G3's body! I don't know why it loads like that on default. I mean who would wear an outfit like that if they didn't have the body for it. (I guess a few people at Comic-Con LOL) 

edited March 2017

Hey folks, @Kayleyss changed the lip normal maps on Jenn and Trish (and kept the old ones for those who liked them) and explains what to do in this thread. Edit: He (not she) made it a morph. If you'll recall, we discussed the line in the bottom lip. Very thoughtful!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited March 2017
    Novica said:

Hey folks, @Kayleyss changed the lip normal maps on Jenn and Trish (and kept the old ones for those who liked them) and explains what to do in this thread. She made it a morph. If you'll recall, we discussed the line in the bottom lip. Very thoughtful!

Cool, I bet she did this in response to your original post! Yeah, edit, he, not she. 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Novica said:

Hey folks, @Kayleyss changed the lip normal maps on Jenn and Trish (and kept the old ones for those who liked them) and explains what to do in this thread. She made it a morph. If you'll recall, we discussed the line in the bottom lip. Very thoughtful!

Actually, I think Kayleyss is a male.  At least, that's what it says on his DA page where you can get the hairs for both characters as freebies if no one has seen the post yet in the freebies forum.  Also, the choker that one of them is wearing is also there as a freebie download.

Great deals on TheAntFarm, Magix 101 with sku# under 1600! 72% off which is better than FastGrab which seems good since there hasn't been good stacking in ages!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121

Great deals on TheAntFarm, Magix 101 with sku# under 1600! 72% off which is better than FastGrab which seems good since there hasn't been good stacking in ages!

How did you get them that low? What else has to be in the cart?

edited March 2017
    barbult said:

I think she's saying the sku's are in that range, under 16000 (note is 16000 and not 1600)

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121
    Novica said:
    barbult said:

I think she's saying the sku's are in that range, under 16000 (note is 16000 and not 1600)

But how 72% off?

I don't know, I just put one in my cart and it ain't happening. 

FYI for Fast Grab, if you have Arcane Archery, those poses are the ones that use it. They are $4.04

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I've got RX in my cart and I'm getting 75% on it. 

School's Out Forever and HollyWords are at 55% and 68%. 

*shrug*... 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

And yup... V3 Anniversary Bundle in the cart now is at 75$ off. $12.24

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited March 2017
    barbult said:

But how 72% off?

I tested SKU below 16000 and two newly mad and got there - one newly mad and one still mad did not

Post edited by RGcincy on
This discussion has been closed.