Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 8

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869

And I finally decided to just build my own library after not finding one that exactly fit my taste, picked up the Treasury of books the other day, but not the vaulted hall bundle, and said hey, I can do this myself. 

It's looking VERY nice. Show us when you get done, would love to see it.

edited March 2017

Note that Fast Grab has changed, and there are several stores on Flash Sale. For i13, I'd take a look at the couple's poses because those are harder to pose frankly. I personally find a lot of the i13 pose sets to be repetitious or very close to similar packs (move a leg slightly and it's a new pose. Particularly with the 1000's of poses packs) so the posing of two figures together is more worth the money to me.  Also, note the Hard Liquor in Fast Grab. Even if you don't have the required Lady Darkness hair, you can get it later. I am pointing this one out because this extension is not just hair colors, it changes the hair into ponytailed sections, and also a braid. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459
    Novica said:

Filter Forge 6.0 is 80% off ($400 down to $80) Says expires soon. Professional edition.

They've always got sales going. And the website recalculates the sale, I think, because it's always about to expire. I think I've seen it full price just once. It's pretty indefinite and there's a thread, or at least used to be, about the sales tactics and how tacky that is. I bought version 5 or 6, not sure which; it's been a year or so. I got them to refund it because it crashed my Photoshop CC constantly. I had asked in advance if it were more stable. It has some cool filters, but my machine/PS hates it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:
    Chohole said:

The best deals to be had in years gone by were in October 2002   When the PC was inaugurated.   We were coming over here to shop and then going back and boasting about how many hundreds of dollars we had saved.   And if we joined the PC in I think it was the first week, we got the membership at $50 off as well

Do you remember what the membership price was at the time? That sounds neat!

$99.95                      It was just so amazing at the time                 people whinge about high prices nowadays,  but to suddenly get a whole bunch of stuff on offer at $1.99 instead of  $17-$20 or more was just out of this world      so neat.     Ask anyone who was shopping at daz around that time.   take just one model that is a real must in my product library.  The Daz Eagle.    Then see if anyone can tell you how much it used to cost prior to it being put in the start up stock for the PC.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited March 2017

Here is the link.  I have 5.0 already.  I refuse to pay that much to upgrade every time they come out with a new version.  I got a good price on 5.0 but not going to pay to upgrade. 

Interestingly enough, what I am learning in Blender and Carrara as far as the shader blocks go, is actually helping me understand how to put together shaders in Filter Forge

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,828

My first 3 orders:

1. May 19, 2001       Victoria 2.0                              SKU 83       $49.95 
    2. August 9, 2001     Millenium Girls                         SKU 366     $19.99 
    3. August 10, 2001   Millenium Girls Clothing Pak 1   SKU 369     $16.22 

edited March 2017

Wow.  I knew I preferred Genesis 2 lol

v4 12% (however, I have a TON of stuff for her from Rendo and from various freebie sites so this number is probably much higher)

Genesis - 17%

Genesis 2 - 50%

Genesis 3 - 28%

Now some of this (a lot hair especially, and some clothing counts for both gen2 and gen3 and sometimes for Vicki's generation as well.)

I blame the PC+ club for this will a little help from you guys lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    MelanieL said:

By the way, that morph set in Barbult's competition (https://www.daz3d.com/ultragenesis-faces-of-g) is really cheap today if you are buying a couple of new releases....

I just paid .98 for those today....

Very quickly- they changed Flash sales but you can still get i13 for Flash Sale prices. I'm sure they're in the process of taking them off.

Well, since you folks don't mind sharing your percentages, I'll share mine. When doing the first post of something, I never know if people would feel offended at sharing, or feel put on the spot, or think I expect them to do what I did. So I err on the side of caution. And as pointed out, some of the figures are appearing in more than one category, so we all are having overlaps. (Thanks for pointing that out.) 

I have a lot of products, so don't faint when you see the top two. (The highest number I already gave you.) 

Generation 4: 39%
    Genesis: 72%
    Genesis 2: 61%
    Genesis 3: 42%  You can see why I stopped buying unless they're $3-$5. 
    Genesis 4: Ain't happening. I don't need anymore people! (Please remind me of this.) 

v4 12% (however, I have a TON of stuff for her from Rendo and from various freebie sites so this number is probably much higher)

Genesis - 17%

Genesis 2 - 50%

Genesis 3 - 28%

Now some of this (a lot hair especially, and some clothing counts for both gen2 and gen3 and sometimes for Vicki's generation as well.)

Yep, the PC+ is large amount of mine too. Hmm, I wonder if I check Show The PC+ Items only, what that does to the totals.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,459

Here is the link.  I have 5.0 already.  I refuse to pay that much to upgrade every time they come out with a new version.  I got a good price on 5.0 but not going to pay to upgrade. 

Interestingly enough, what I am learning in Blender and Carrara as far as the shader blocks go, is actually helping me understand how to put together shaders in Filter Forge

Thanks! And that's cool to know about Blender and Carrara. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    edited March 2017
    Novica said:

Genesis - 17%

Genesis 2 - 50%

Genesis 3 - 28%

Yep, the PC+ is large amount of mine too. Hmm, I wonder if I check Show The PC+ Items only, what that does to the totals.

Using the Daz Deals plugin in Chrome, I can check both "Only show owned" and "Only Show PC+". With those checked it says

1501 of 3533 items. So I guess a little under half of my items are PC+.

Edit: I wonder how many were freebies?

Post edited by barbult on
    edited March 2017

Did anyone notice the horrible chest from Hongyu's Evening Dress? That crease down the middle and flattened chest area on our right?  I mean, what exactly IS that crease supposed to be?

evepromo2-daz3d.jpg
    813 x 1057 - 152K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Did anyone notice the horrible chest from Hongyu's Evening Dress? That crease down the middle and flattened boob on our right, which means there really wouldn't be a crease as there's no cleavage?

No, Eagle Eyes, I didn't see that. I must not have even looked at the product. That is pretty obvious. It looks like a Photoshop compositing error to me.

barbult said:
    Novica said:

Did anyone notice the horrible chest from Hongyu's Evening Dress? That crease down the middle and flattened boob on our right, which means there really wouldn't be a crease as there's no cleavage?

No, Eagle Eyes, I didn't see that. I must not have even looked at the product. That is pretty obvious. It looks like a Photoshop compositing error to me.

LOL, well, I'm the eagle that Chohole purchased. Gotta earn my worth.

edited March 2017

As you might have guessed, I got the Medina City Generator today. I'm just starting to take it for a spin. This is an Iray render using one of the preset cities and sky. Render time was under 8 minutes for 1200x900. I'll be sharing more on my Big City thread.

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited March 2017

Oh this is interesting. Here's new statistics:

For PC+  There are:
    Generation 4: 604
    Genesis 175
    Genesis 2   178
    Genesis 3   132. 

So I have this for PC+

358 /604  Generation 4   (I don't have 246)
    163 /175 for Genesis (I don't have 12. My goodness. That helps explain the high percentage of what I own) 
    156 /178 for Genesis 2  (I don't have 22. Same thing. That's quite a few!)
    91 / 132 for Genesis 3   (I don't have 41  Have enough Victorian and long dresses.) 

Post edited by Novica on

Very nice Rich! Love the sunset and the town basking in the glow.

• YAY for FF5pro and I see that 6pro can be had "We are offering a special price on Filter Forge 6.0 Professional for GiveAwayOfTheDay readers – $69 instead of $399!"

If you haven't already you should join http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ they only send 1 email a day and frequently have very handy utilities all free for 24 hours.  BTW, thanks for pointing this out as I frequently miss these offers due to not checking that mailbox frequently.

RGcincy said:

As you might have guessed, I got the Medina City Generator today. I'm just starting to take it for a spin. This is an Iray render using one of the preset cities and sky. Render time was under 8 minutes for 1200x900. I'll be sharing more on my Big City thread.

Very nice. You should post it over in the commercial thread for the city generator.

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

On August 1, 2016 I bought the Super-Physicality Bundle, Slaying the Dragon Bundle and Hiro 4 Pro Bundle... 

for $8. 

My next purchase was The Girl 4 Pro, Stephanie 4 Pro and M4 Hero Pro Pack, for $12 total. That went on for a couple of days on most of the generation 4 pro packs.  

That was a heckuva sale. :) 

Wow, I'd say so. I think I remember it and it was nice they were giving such a good deal to people. 

barbult said:

Very nice. You should post it over in the commercial thread for the city generator.

Good idea, I did as you suggested. Also posted a street level view.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2017

OMG, Math after a day of work. ACK!

Ok, just to be different, I did all the generations because I pick up tons of old stuff on blowouts. I accounted for every figure in those older generations I could think of (Kids 4. Aiko, etc.). One thing that doesn't show up is some of the Genesis items owned due to having Carrara, but this is a pretty good picture. An even split. I do use all generations, so it makes sense to me: 

• Genesis 3: 18%
    • Genesis 2  16%
    • Genesis:    18%
    • Generation 4: 19% 
    • Generation 3: 17%
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,710
    edited March 2017

Here is Saiyaness' latest, Dale. Awesome character. Lots of possibilities.

redneck.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • My first "purchase" was DazStudio Beta in Nov. 2005.  I joined the PC club January 9, 2008 and I've been an off & on PC member ever since.

Here is my first paid content purchase (for years I lived on freebies) ordered January 15,2008:

Millenium Muscle Maps

Aiko 3.0 Professional Bundle

Aikobot Maria

Millenium Cat Bundle

Made In Japan Bundle

Ultimate Millenium Dragon Bundle

The Complete David Bundle

Petite Fleur Hair

Level 19

For a grand total of $17.91

luci45 said:

Looks great! I picked this one up today too.

Oh, that Made in Japan Bundle is so cute! I don't remember that.I did see in the Petite Fleur Hair that it will fit Lisseth and Minnuett, which is in print on one of the promos. Can't find those two.

luci45 said:

Have to agree- great render! It's a guy you can actually meet on the street.

This discussion has been closed.