Jenn HD Trish HD

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Oh My Goodness!! Kayleyss has done it again! 

The amazing level of detail in these two HD characters is breath-taking! Jenn and Trish both look INCREDIBLE! Absolutely gorgeous detail work. Bravo, Keyleyss! 

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

To be honest I'm finding the promos rather dark, and with the heavy use of shadows I'm finding it difficult to see the character clearly, I'm always concerned that dark shaodowy promos are hiding something.

Having a similar problem with the new Heavy Soldier outfit all the promos have the figure in the same pose so I'm wondering if the suit doesn't pose well.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I have one of Kayleyss's other characters Gwennili and she's amazingly detailed and by far my favorite character - so I wouldn't worry about the darkness "hiding" anything, as, from what I've seen with Gwennili, that PA does amazing work and doesn't try to get away with hiding any defaults or anything like that. From my experience, the PA does work of the highest caliber. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I have one of Kayleyss's other characters Gwennili and she's amazingly detailed and by far my favorite character - so I wouldn't worry about the darkness "hiding" anything, as, from what I've seen with Gwennili, that PA does amazing work and doesn't try to get away with hiding any defaults or anything like that. From my experience, the PA does work of the highest caliber. 

Yes I agree I have Gwenbleiz - awesome work, I just find the promos tend to make me slide past the character hard to explain exactly what it is.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2017

I particularly liked the materials on Trish, but I'm not purchasing it because the bottom lip on both Trish and Jenn have a white line through it.  It's extremely visable, and shown several times in the promos. On Trish, it's easily visible in the main promo on the product page, and also the first one in the second row of the promos. Because it's the same vendor, it's also in Jenn's bottom lip too. It definitely needs fixing because it appears to be the outline of the bottom lip, but it's too high and going through the lip.  Hope it gets fixed as these are otherwise lovely gals. 

trish.jpg
    482 x 298 - 122K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    scorpio said:

Yes I agree I have Gwenbleiz - awesome work, I just find the promos tend to make me slide past the character hard to explain exactly what it is.

Same here - I don't even recall having seen these characters at all, despite I check the new items in the store every day. I do have her Tara&Sachra and Gwennili characters though and they look great though maybe a bit ordinary (well not Sachra I admit lol).

• How about a hunchback version of Jenn? Scars on Trish's chest? cool

Nice work, though.

Maybe if I actually use them & not just buy them, I'll see what that liip thing is about...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Triss and Yennifer.  sorceresses after Geralt's heart smiley

• Janus3003Janus3003 Posts: 56

What hairstyle is Trish using in the main promo image? Thanks.

Also, go Team Triss. I need to finish Witcher 3 one of these days.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Oh My Goodness!! Kayleyss has done it again! 

The amazing level of detail in these two HD characters is breath-taking! Jenn and Trish both look INCREDIBLE! Absolutely gorgeous detail work. Bravo, Keyleyss! 

I know. I don't usually pick up females anymore but these two are just gorgeous. I wish I hadn't spent so much lately, but they both went in the wishlist for later ;).

Laurie

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    Janus3003 said:

Take a look at the Freebie Forum: Kayleyss freebies ( Trish Hair, Jenn Pendant and more)

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

They look gorgeous! And I'm actually considering grabbing Trish since I'm a huge Witcher fan and I am also Team Triss :D :D : )

MN-150374 said:
    Janus3003 said:

Take a look at the Freebie Forum: Kayleyss freebies ( Trish Hair, Jenn Pendant and more)

Thanks! I should probably pay attention to that forum.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Well, they're in my cart. Just need to get the budget right cheeky

Toyen said:

They look gorgeous! And I'm actually considering grabbing Trish since I'm a huge Witcher fan and I am also Team Triss :D :D : )

Same here wink, even though - if you go by the witcher lore - Triss more or less betrayed the Witcher, but I'd say in game she more then makes up for that (+ she's a redhead,,,,,,,,)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Novica said:

I particularly liked the materials on Trish, but I'm not purchasing it because the bottom lip on both Trish and Jenn have a white line through it.  It's extremely visable, and shown several times in the promos. On Trish, it's easily visible in the main promo on the product page, and also the first one in the second row of the promos. Because it's the same vendor, it's also in Jenn's bottom lip too. It definitely needs fixing because it appears to be the outline of the bottom lip, but it's too high and going through the lip.  Hope it gets fixed as these are otherwise lovely gals. 

I noticed this too and some of the textures on the elbows looked odd to me. Unfortunately, this character is not for me (I don't even get the reference,) but I LOVE Freja's characters in Fastgrab and picked them all up yesterday. They all really look quite different and the promos are great, bright, clear, excellently done. 

edited March 2017

There's loads of fan-art out there already

As for the models, I'm no lawyer, but given the extent of similar content for other games/movies/car models/plane models etc, I do get the feeling this is allowable.....

edited: this was a reaction to a post that's now disappeared....

Post edited by glaseye on
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited March 2017
    Regarding Triss vs Yennefer, by the books, you don't know how much Geralt's relationship with Yennefer is real and how much is the djinn's binding... Which is addressed in the video games.

Yes, Triss has her allegiance to the Lodge of sorceresses, but she also has actual feelings for Geralt. Sure, it's a crazy stalker-ish dysfunctional thing... but Yennefer's also dysfunctional relationship with Geralt may not be real (like Yennefer's not-a-hunchback appearance).

And what's the right choice for Ciri? You have Yennefer arguing for freedom in the books... but then she's working for the Emperor/father in Witcher 3. (And then you have frakking Sir Galahad... I mean, what the actual heck?)

They are all messed up, the books make a hash of it, and you're left with a video game that the original author kind of wipes his bum with. :-D
    (So, yeah, no problem buying a figure that resembles a video game character)
    Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2017

Yennefer's also dysfunctional relationship with Geralt may not be real (like Yennefer's not-a-hunchback appearance)

Wait, Yennefer is a hunchback!?  surprise

Post edited by grinch2901 on
    edited March 2017
    Geralt observes that all Sorceresses are well bred women... but what family would give up a daughter to the schools of magic unless there was a reason?

All the sorceresses (especially those from the North) use magic to change themselves. Vanity, arrogance, hedonism, all part of being a sorceress. (In Nilfgaard, they were much more tame under Imperial rule)

If course, the fake looks are also plaster over a core of self doubt and rejection by their families. It's clear in the books when Geralt first meets Yennefer. He understands precisely the ugly person she is hiding.

It's a fascinating relationship... i don't think I'm spoiling anything by revealing some of its depth here.
    (We don't quite have as much about Triss...)

Aside from Triss having a two game advantage (and hair color advantage), my biggest issue with Yenn is how abrasive and honestly rather mean with Geralt. Reminds me way too much of my ex-sister-in-law. I'm just glad the game lets you argue back at her, even if it does get you teleported out over a lake. She's gorgeous, no doubt, but her personality's a big turn-off.

I still need to read the books though. I liked the first short story.

Janus3003 said:

I'm just glad the game lets you argue back at her, even if it does get you teleported out over a lake

Ah yes, made that 'mistake' also, was quite a funny moment.....

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

Ha! I didn't like Yen when I first played the game. Thought she was a right b***h! I made Geralt pursue Triss. After reading the books, I understood Yennefer and their relationship waaaaaaaay more and I found they translated that fairly well in the game. She became way more likeable the second play, and pursuing Triss just felt wrong. 

Anywho! 

edited March 2017

I don't mind the lips. I've seen ppl with a line like that around their lips. Maybe not quite so pronounced, but I've definitely seen ppl with it. I think the HD is nicely done.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    MN-150374 said:
    Janus3003 said:

Oh cool. Thanks for the link. I didn't know about this. :)

edited March 2017
    AllenArt said:

I don't mind the lips. I've seen ppl with a line like that around their lips. Maybe not quite so pronounced, but I've definitely seen ppl with it. I think the HD is nicely done.

Laurie

Yeah, and I honestly don't think it would even be noticeable unless you do some really close close-ups. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited March 2017

Yeah, Yen is a right bitttt... but she's a sorceress, and they're all kind of like that. it's all covering her insecurities, and Yennefer has a lot of issues with abandonment & commitment. (of course she wants to remove the djinn bindings to test the relationship with Geralt)  When you can see Yenna's confidence like a mask sometimes, she becomes much less of a horrible person.

Triss is like the overly attentive girlfriend, but she kind of got blown up (by Nilfgaard) and put back together again so she not so hardened... And she's supposed to be decades younger than Yennefer, so she is broken in different ways. Of course, rubbing anatomical elements together with the boyfriend of one's friend isn't a very nice thing to do. (except for Geralt, anyway)

• Back to the models... I think it's the Normal map that causes the line on the lip. There's a distinct line/groove where the colors contrast.

I smoothed it out a little in GIMP. I could do a better job, but this was just a test.

triss test.jpg
    1800 x 1417 - 744K
  • One more time...

The Bump channel on the Lips is set at 2.00, versus the Face at 1.75. It's probably a minor point.

Second, all the Template 1 surfaces (Lips, Face, Ears, and I think the EyeSocket) all use the same maps. So the line most likely isn't an issue from the maps being misaligned.

I still think it's an issue with the features of the Normal map.

After smoothing out the line in the Normal map a bit more through GIMP (Smudge tool), I got this image. There's still a feature there, but not so much a hard line.

triss test 2.jpg
    1800 x 1417 - 808K
    edited March 2017

Well, I'm not a gamer and I'm not at all familiar with anything to do with The Witcher - I just bought the morphs because they were really well done. I think they're both lovely and the lip thing doesn't bother me at all unless I'm right up in her face. Even then...

The only things I did to this image was shrink her irises (I almost always do) and curved the top of her breasts down (not a fan of the "implants" look ;)). Other than that, the HD morphs are pretty great :). I did use N.G.S. Anagenesis 2 on her skin here, but it didn't make much difference from her default shader

Laurie

Jenn.jpg
    1500 x 2200 - 697K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • I got several hours into Witcher 3, then made the mistake of popping Fallout 4 into my PS4 just to check it out quickly.  I keep meaning to get back to Witcher 3 (and after I'm done Horizon Zero Dawn lol).  Sooooo tempted to pick up Jenn just because I have a thing for pale, dark-haired beauties in my runtime, and she looks excellently created.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

One more time...

The Bump channel on the Lips is set at 2.00, versus the Face at 1.75. It's probably a minor point.

Second, all the Template 1 surfaces (Lips, Face, Ears, and I think the EyeSocket) all use the same maps. So the line most likely isn't an issue from the maps being misaligned.

I still think it's an issue with the features of the Normal map.

After smoothing out the line in the Normal map a bit more through GIMP (Smudge tool), I got this image. There's still a feature there, but not so much a hard line.

Did you check the actual face map to see if the error was in Photoshop?