Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VI

IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
This discussion was created from comments split from: Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part V.

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited February 2017

There were 3 Labs sitting on a river bank...Then!  Gallery Post

Rendered in Iray with LAMH &  HDRi Back ground. credits in my gallery post

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Someone pointed me at a cool thing... you can export Spore models! (Remember Spore? Sigh)

This critter was something I originally made 9 years ago. Huh.

Okay, where?!  I love Spore!  I have both Spore and the Sequel somewhere.  :)  I would love to export some of my critters!

Geez, I haven't been in here in awhile and I have 5 pages to catch up on!  :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Knittingmommy:

http://www.spore.com/comm/tutorials/export_creatures

Unfortunately, it takes some work to get it into Daz. I had to go through Carrara, and I couldn't figure out how to preserve rigging. Also, the models and textures are not exactly high end.

Still... it's cool. ;)

Deciding my stuff was creepier than it needed to be, and embracing the art of Gil Bruvel and similar surrealists.

I mean, I'll still do some creepy stuff. Some folks' comments about lobster claws got me thinking. Probably do a crustacean and other insectoid morph/skin. Maybe Blipdoolpoolp!

Bubble statuette.png
    1527 x 2160 - 4M
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006

Knittingmommy:

Unfortunately, it takes some work to get it into Daz. I had to go through Carrara, and I couldn't figure out how to preserve rigging. Also, the models and textures are not exactly high end.

Still... it's cool. ;)

Free and easy online file converter can do it.

http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

• Knittingmommy:

Still... it's cool. ;)

Thanks, Will! Now to see if I can get access to my save files!

Tjohn said:

Knittingmommy:

Still... it's cool. ;)

Free and easy online file converter can do it.

http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

Cool!  Thanks!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited February 2017

Experimenting with using renders with my own photo backs... Helps render time a lot!

It sure does! Your postwork really helps the two (photo & render) play well together, too. Have you ever tried, or considered, creating HDRI from your photography?

- Greg

Thanks, Greg. I have no idea how to create HDRIs... I Googled it once but it looked ridiculously complicated. Do you know a simple way? Is there a way to do it in Photoshop rather than with a camera?

I pitched the idea to Daz to sell a pack of photos as backgrounds for people who don't have time or equipment for IRay renders, including indoor Hollywood Hills upscale photos of bedrooms, kitchens, etc... like many of the high end 3D sets here, but they passed saying there wouldn't be an interest. If anyone who happens to read this thinks there might be an interest, please let me know :)

..being one who is "GPU challenged" (and who also hates "flying blind" when setting up scenes with an HDRI sphere because Iray View mode crashes the programme) for rendering in Iray, a set of high quality/resolution photo backdrops that one could put on a plane primitive would be ideal.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Ivy said:

...again very nice.  Is that Mil Dog, or the dog from that other site?

Makes me think of creating a bad joke....Three labs a black, a blonde, and a chocolate walk into a pub....

edited February 2017

Deciding my stuff was creepier than it needed to be, and embracing the art of Gil Bruvel and similar surrealists.

I mean, I'll still do some creepy stuff. Some folks' comments about lobster claws got me thinking. Probably do a crustacean and other insectoid morph/skin. Maybe Blipdoolpoolp!

...Ive been liking it.  They seem as if they are something you would see in a strange dream.

Ahh a bubble headed bubble dancer.

ah, Blipdoolpoolp, I vaguely remember her from my old AD&D days, the "Sea Mother" with a lobster's head and claws, a perfect girlfriend for Dr. Zoidberg.

Note:  not rendered in Iray....

kyoto kid said:
    Ivy said:

...again very nice.  Is that Mil Dog, or the dog from that other site?

Makes me think of creating a bad joke....Three labs a black, a blonde, and a chocolate walk into a pub....

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes you are correct. I used mill dog canine bundle with LAMH converted over to iray  using A HDRi bg and light  i have all the credits listed in the gallery post. :)

A SNAAAAKE!   ~ credits in Gallery Post#

• Ivy said:

Hi Ivy,

Another great render, and very realistic looking snake. May I ask what background you used as I didn't see that mentioned in your gallery credits.

smiley

Ivy said:

Hi Ivy,

Another great render, and very realistic looking snake. May I ask what background you used as I didn't see that mentioned in your gallery credits.

smiley

Thank you for the comment . I used a free HoboBo cyclorama background texture i got from sharecg.  i converted to iray using uber iray shader.

• Ivy said:
    Ivy said:

Hi Ivy,

smiley

Thank you for the comment . I used a free HoboBo cyclorama background texture i got from sharecg.  i converted to iray using uber iray shader.

Thanks for the reply Ivy,

I have some of these HoboBo backgrounds too, they are great. Will look out for the one you used here to great effect.

Kind regards,

smiley

Ivy said:

"...A snake! A snake! Snake! A snake!

Oh, it's a snake!

badger...badger...badger...badger...."

Well done. again the lighting works so well with the background.

I have a bunch of HoboBo's cyclorama backdrops as well.  Looks pretty good in Iray.  May have to dust a few of them off as those I can see in OpenGL mode.

...almost forgot about the thread would rolling over.

edited February 2017

yea I like to use cyclorama background converted to iray then just use the organic global light in the render settings to light the scene like a HDRi,  setting up  a Iray scene  this ways cuts down a lot of GPU ram so I can fit more in to a scene and since daz fixed the preview render with the last update its easy to adjust the lighting to fit the cyclorama back ground.  I have been collecting HoboBos textures for years so i have a lot to work with   they work the best. and cyclorama does save a ton on GPU resources.for dramatic scenes with lots of props .. I also been loving esha Grass props  for fll in the back ground areas ,  they are light on resources and many options  for colors . I just use the iray uber shader to convert what i need and make adjustments accordingly

this is one i did last night using Holes suite 2012 set I converted to iray myself   it was pretty much just a test working with dark lighting.  so i didn't post it in the gallery

Uptown Girl ~ click for 1080HD view for all the details

uptown girl.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 127K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Basically and eyes and hair study, I'm still not quite as good with strand hair in daz as blender (not having to convert to a mesh and a dedicted hair shader are a big part) I will give Iray credit though, it took up surprisingly little space on my tiny gpu, I definitely could've spared some more polygons.

Full view to appreciate all those hair strands and eyes

edited February 2017
    Ivy said:

yea I like to use cyclorama background converted to iray then just use the organic global light in the render settings to light the scene like a HDRi,  setting up  a Iray scene  this ways cuts down a lot of GPU ram so I can fit more in to a scene and since daz fixed the preview render with the last update its easy to adjust the lighting to fit the cyclorama back ground.  I have been collecting HoboBos textures for years so i have a lot to work with   they work the best. and cyclorama does save a ton on GPU resources.for dramatic scenes with lots of props .. I also been loving esha Grass props  for fll in the back ground areas ,  they are light on resources and many options  for colors . I just use the iray uber shader to convert what i need and make adjustments accordingly

this is one i did last night using Holes suite 2012 set I converted to iray myself   it was pretty much just a test working with dark lighting.  so i didn't post it in the gallery

...I seem to have missed the ESHA Grass Props (partly because I am too broke most of the time to shop around in the store a lot, wishlisted for now).  I did see the Design Anvil grass props for Iray but they are more flat plane oriented as well as having a heavier geometry load.

Grass has been one of my complaints with with Iray as all the ground shaders I've seen seem to have like that "flattened under plexiglas look" we had in the old Poser days. 

kyoto kid said:

Grass has been one of my complaints with with Iray as all the ground shaders I've seen seem to have like that "flattened under plexiglas look" we had in the old Poser days. 

That is properly one of the reasons i like Esha's grass props because of the color and group options you can match them up with about any back ground scene

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    kyoto kid said:
    Ivy said:

...I seem to have missed the ESHA Grass Props (partly because I am too broke most of the time to shop around in the store a lot, wishlisted for now).  I did see the Design Anvil grass props for Iray but they are more flat plane oriented as well as having a heavier geometry load.

You ought to ask Ivy how she made that grass in her pointer dog renders...

...I believe she used the ESHA grass for that.

edited February 2017

I made the cut  ~ Credits in the Gallery post.

2 uniform versions

W is for Woo Hoo.

W is for Woo hoo.jpg
    667 x 1080 - 115K
    Post edited by Ivy on

..cute.  I can almost here the bottom one cheering "On Wisconsin!"  (who by the way is leading Northwestern in the first half right now in Basketball)

While I keep grousing about the lack of cross-seam painting in SP, I find it utterly in synch with how I think.

This came together nicely, so... showing it off.

Metalloid Tentaclehead.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 262
    edited February 2017

devil

daz004.jpg
    700 x 933 - 353K
    Post edited by nohiznguyen on

What evil can face the man with no face??

For he is... THE MYSTERIAN!

The Mysterian.png
    1748 x 1080 - 2M
    Ivy said:
    kyoto kid said:

That is properly one of the reasons i like Esha's grass props because of the color and group options you can match them up with about any back ground scene

...wonder of wonders, ESHA's store went on flash sale today so was able to pick up the Grassy Grounds Megapack for under 7$.  Now I can have real grass in my scenes.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

devil

She's cute, nice render

kyoto kid said:

...wonder of wonders, ESHA's store went on flash sale today so was able to pick up the Grassy Grounds Megapack for under 7$.  Now I can have real grass in my scenes.

Awesome , I hope you get as much enjoyment and use out of this set as I have

This discussion has been closed.