Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Tweaking still!

XD  I was, still am at heart, a Goth.  Years of practice. ;)  If you find something interesting, though, I'd be glad to look.

• Working on LIE make presets for him; a couple of different options other than the two shown here.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Darwin, here are a couple of ideas I found on Google.  Either for Iain or another character. Thought they looked cool. I really love the last one. I think that might work well with Iain's features. Though any of these would work with the great bone structures you put on your guys. "Good bones" are needed to pull off some of these.

image.jpeg
    500 x 559 - 49K
    image.jpeg
    188 x 251 - 18K
    image.jpeg
    236 x 295 - 21K
    image.jpeg
    236 x 347 - 20K
    image.jpeg
    236 x 234 - 17K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • lol- I have most of those saved as well.  Thank you!  Turns out, we may not be home much longer- again, going to visit family.  I can't wait to get the holidays over with, I'd like to be home for a day-ish.

I figured you did! Have a great time! I know what you mean about the craziness.

• Thank you!  I'll post a quick render of two of the LIE make up presets together soon.

• LIE shadow and eyeliner on him in this one: 

If I get time tonight, I'll work on that quick walk through lighting "tut".  If not, it should be easy enough to do after work tomorrow.  Hopefully. lol

edited December 2016

Oh wow, he looks awesome! You nailed the lighting and the expression there. A hint of darkness and mystery, but also beauty. The green eyes go great with the green hints in the black makeup.

Is that the sleeky hair? 

• It is- for me, the trick to use it in Iray is use the 3Delight shaders first, then migrate to Iray. Otherwise the hair cap never goes away and the shaders are all funky.

• And thank you! XD

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited January 2017

Lookit what I just finished.

Updated to add a notation on an additional light rig set that I used as well, my apologies for missing it the first time and thanks to Llynara for finding the omission. :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3c3ix35grwsp373/Parker Lighting Walk Through Update.pdf?dl=0

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

You rock!!!! Grabbing it now! Internet is super slow here at the moment, ugh

edited December 2016

It is- for me, the trick to use it in Iray is use the 3Delight shaders first, then migrate to Iray. Otherwise the hair cap never goes away and the shaders are all funky.

Thanks for that tip . That hair seems confusing to use.

• It was for me, too.  You're very welcome. :)

• Parker's finally released!  http://www.daz3d.com/parker-for-lucian-7

• "Leaving the tunnel" with Iain in Demon Mode.  Minimal post work with this (the flare, some depth of color and blur).

Parker's finally released!  http://www.daz3d.com/parker-for-lucian-7

surprise Yay! *runs to go get Parker*

And wow, Iain is looking scary in demon mode!

• Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial! 

Woa Iain really does look scary there.

Ahh finally Parker is here and now my wallet is empty until payday :D 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 2016

So happy for you on the release!!!! The promos are the best I've seen in a VERY long time, the lighting and themes are amazing, shows Parker can go anywhere dressed any way and totally RULE!   yes yes yes

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Woot he's here!  Didn't even have to look at the list I recognized him on the banner.  He looks amazing!

• Yay!  Just saw Parker in the store!  :)  In my cart now!  Just trying to figure out if I really need a JoeQuick's Bears or not.  Probably, yes.  But, I'll be checking out soon.  :)

• Thank you for the tutorial! I'm now going to try it out on Parker. By the way, I love your stuff!

Trish

edited December 2016

FYI- Those SC Lights Darwin mentioned in the tutorial are free, here on Deviant Art and an updated version of the lights here.

And I'm so excited to have Parker in my product library finally! Woohoo!

Parker.JPG
    935 x 477 - 83K
  • Thank you, everyone!   I appreciate the support a great deal.

• "Leaving the tunnel" with Iain in Demon Mode.  Minimal post work with this (the flare, some depth of color and blur).

Gorgeous mouth and the dark reds really work great in this makeup-- such a cool render!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858
    edited December 2016

My render of Parker is here. Enjoy! (I had fun.)  The original, before changes:

Post edited by Novica on

You did a wonderful job! I loved the backstory!

• Thank you, 23!  I rather like how that one came out as well.

Novica, you made my day when I saw that one-amused the heck outta me.  Thank you!

I apologize for not responding yesterday; I ended up taking my s/o to the emergency care after work and didn't get home until 9.  Strep.  So who else has it?  You guessed it, moi.  So, we're both outta work until Tuesday.  

Aww, that's no fun. Hope you both get better soon. Kind of a forced vacation.

On the bright side: more time to play in 3D!

• Yup!  Maybe get Iain finished up. XD  Hopefully.  

This discussion has been closed.