Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Thank you!  I actually slapped on some mesh whiskers and scruff on him to see how he'd look with the fantasy eyes, mesh brows and hair.  I'll post that in the am.

• While the blue eyes are my favorite, I really like those green eyes, too.  Love the freckles.  His skin is looking very nice.  I definitely don't have enough men in my stable, uh, library with that kind of skin tone.  :)

• lol- well, thank you... Stable, huh?

I'm partial to both of those as well, actually.  And, I dumped the "beard" render, since I suck at using fibre mesh.  It was oogly.  There will be one with the brows and hair as fibre mesh soon, however.  The brows I'm not overly happy with, but eh.

• ok-wearing mesh brows and hair here, and another light rig.

• A half body shot, sorta. lol  One of Aeon Soul's hair for G3F on him (Wave Hair, I think) with Slosh's UHT on it (Five layers!), with those jeans I tend to use on my men.  You can see why. ;)

Just HDRI environment map for lighting on this one.  I'mma testing out a light rig with it atm to do one more tester, then I'm checking seams, gens, and fixing issues before starting on other options such as scruff, make up, and tattoos.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited December 2016

Ha ha, I was wondering when you were going to throw something dark in there! The demon eyes are an interesting twist. 

The fine details on his skin bring out the moles on his forehead, which I hadn't noticed before. Nice work! 

I'm surprised that's Mathius Hair. I have it, but haven't put it on anyone yet. I like how you used it.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Thank you. :)  Always something dark. Waiiiit.

So, the apartment blew a fuse-lost the render with the rig.  Gonna be out tonight for a work party, so maybe soon? lol  

edited December 2016

Oh, I hate when that happens! 

Have fun, Iain can wait and so can we. 

EDIT: Ooh, long hair! Goes surprisingly well with his features. I bet he could pull off the historical looks well.

• Always room enough for another stallion  male in the stable  library :P 

On that note. Any news on the release of Parker ? 

Iain is coming along nicely I see. Very nice details on his skin and gorgeous eyes too. 

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071
    edited December 2016

Don't have a date yet on Parker-but thank you! Both of you!

Ok-managed this one.  Off to work!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Testing a torso tat--my hand is now cramped all to heck.  Dots, man.  Dots. S'all I can say.

edited December 2016

Here's the tester-may have to lower the bump on the ink.

Post edited by Chohole on

Sorry, I can't tell what it is yet. Looks like there's a head at the lower right of the tattoo. Maybe a sea serpent? 

Nice bum! 

• lol-it's a koi fish, stylized.  Head at the bottom, tail at the top.

Ah, ok. Now I see it. The lines are dark, so it's a little hard to make out. Is this a watercolor tattoo?

• It's the start of one, yes. 

• testing colors

• Think I like this version best.  Time to move on, I think.  Added a bump map to raise the black dotted ink areas as well.

• Oh- and I'll be having a version without color as well.  I'll render that out, too

edited December 2016

Ooh, that looks good. Having the lighter colors in there really helps. Of course, my eyes were still watering earlier from stepping on an #@$!ing Lego that my cute but evil toddler left on the floor. (Should've named him Stewie!) Nearly broke my foot. I think people could hear me screaming in the next state.

• Oooooooooooooow. O.o No bueno!

Thank you-I had hoped the lighter colors worked in that way.

Black and White verison (or colorless)

edited December 2016

That looks good, easy to see. That first picture was dark, and me looking at it bleary-eyed didn't help. I think there's enough negative space/skin showing through to define the pattern. I really like how the colored one turned out.

How do you create these? Do you sketch these with some kind of tablet or sketch on paper and scan them in? 

edited December 2016

Nope- Straight photoshop.  used a photo reference and a size ...3 and 5 round, soft brush and did dots. Lots of dots. Stipple design, it's called.  Used a larger, softer brush at about 15% opacity and added some of the shadowed areas.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    edited December 2016

Wow, that's talent! I could NOT do anything like that with a mouse! Would love to try one of those Wacom tablets, but all my extra $$$ end up going to the DAZ store. Imagine that! LOL

• I have a small bamboo-but it's like holding a pencil, which is what I can't do for long periods of time anymore anyway. lol  Thank you- I've been using a mouse on my artwork in PS and Studio creation since I started. 

• Last one- starting on arms!

He's going to be quite versatile. Rainbow watercolored koi on one side, skull tattoo on the other with demon eye option. Maybe a dual personality going on there- sunny with a side of darkness.

• Llynara said:

Ooh, that looks good. Having the lighter colors in there really helps. Of course, my eyes were still watering earlier from stepping on an #@$!ing Lego that my cute but evil toddler left on the floor. (Should've named him Stewie!) Nearly broke my foot. I think people could hear me screaming in the next state.

Oh, been there and done that one!  Has he swallowed one of those yet?  That's always fun!  :)

@DarwinsMishap  I love the watercolor version of the koi!  That's a very nice looking tattoo!  :)

• That Koi tat is beautiful, and I love all his freckles and moles. 

• Thank you, everyone.

i think most of my guys have that in them to varying degrees and mixes-light and dark.  I like to really give each their own blend and personality, or I try.

I'm glad the tats are working... I was hesitant at first since I wasn't so sure on how they would be received, but I like them so far and am glad others enjoy them as well.  

I have another rendering, but I'm beat and not so sure what I did was successful.  Lol. We'll see.

This discussion has been closed.