Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Which hair is in the first pic with the watercolor tats? Is that Roddy hair or whatever it's called? That really looks good on him. I could see him as a preppy there.

• This one?

That would be http://www.daz3d.com/paul-curls-hairstyle-for-genesis-3-male-s  I used Slosh's UHT2 as well for the backscatter and gloss settings.

edited January 2017

Yes, thanks. That's a good male hair style. I think it looks better on Iain than it did on Paul LOL 

Not that I'm biased or  anything...

Post edited by Llynara on
  • lol- Paul?  Not biased at all, either. XD

edited January 2017

Well, the hair is called "Paul Curls" but I think Iain wears it better. Just sayin'! They should rename it "Iain Curls." cheeky

BTW- that is a fantastic pic of Iain. It would work well for a promo. I like the pose and how the light is reflecting in his eyes as he's looking up. 

• Derp- got it! LOL

Actually, it is.  It's a panel for the different eyebrow options he has. 

Doh! Somehow I missed that. Still got a headful of junk here. Hoping to get some rendering done today.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,643

I think Lain is turning out to be one very unique charactor very life like so far and only going to get better and better with each passing day!!!

• Thank you.  Hopefully the fixes I've made on him will go through QA relatively quickly!

• Updated my lighting walk through with Parker; Llynara found an omission of mine!  XD  Thank you.

edited January 2017

LOL I thought I was just tired. You're welcome, and omg the incredible render quality you can get by just changing a few settings! I'll post one when it's done cooking. Thanks for the great walkthrough! For anyone who's looking for it, the link is in this post.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I've got to make the time to download it and take a look at.  Migraine is still kicking my butt, although I did make it through the whole work day.  Heading home to make dinner and then dragging my laptop and my sorry butt to bed lol.

edited January 2017

I'm right behind you! My munchkin decided to have an all night party last night, from 2 am onward. No rest for the wicked! LOL

EDIT: I stuck my first attempts on my art thread so I wouldn't clutter up all the handsomeness going on over here with my clumsy attempts at lighting! Don't want to mess with the hunkydunks!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Hey, Darwin!

I liked that Sweeny Todd render you did earlier, very nice and very foreboding.  All your guys are edgy - some of them would work great with the Badlands theme which was going on over a RDNA before they closed.

Way kewel stuff! 

• Hi Dracorn!

Why, thank you kindly!  I do appreciate it a great deal.  I wish I could have been part of that set release, but I wasn't a vendor at RDNA at that time. I got in just before everything was moved over to Daz-which is how I became a vendor here!  Luck of the draw, I guess.  I'm glad you like, and there's more to come.  :D

• Hi Dracorn!

Why, thank you kindly!  I do appreciate it a great deal.  I wish I could have been part of that set release, but I wasn't a vendor at RDNA at that time. I got in just before everything was moved over to Daz-which is how I became a vendor here!  Luck of the draw, I guess.  I'm glad you like, and there's more to come.  :D

I wondered how that happened.  I didn't realize you were a vendor over there.  I didn't visit over there all that much especially in the last few months before the big merger announcement.  The first character of yours that I noticed and fell in love with was Dmitri.  Once I discovered him, I discovered the rest of you so to speak.

Did you notice that Damen was up in one of the pictures on the DAZ 3D front page banner?  He's in with the picture of other characters.  It's the last picture that cycles through.

• Literally- they accepted Toruun and he was in the Que for release and they announced the move to DAZ just after I submitted Aylin.   I think I was a vendor there for two and a half weeks or so before I found out that all Vendors there would be welcomed as vendors here.

I did!  That was awesome, and made my day. :) 

aaand..render time.  This is Sol again after I fixed her eyelids (there were......issues) and gave her one of Monique's eye sets for now.  Added brows, too.

List of things to do now:

1-remove ALL burnt in specular from all maps. (this...is daunting)  This will take the longest, I think.

2-paint over ALL bump maps that were made to make details pop more

3-make spec overlays

4-fix lips

and that's the start before I go into the mouth, eyes, and gens.

WOW The skin looks beautiful so life like, so naturally messed up like real skin is!!!

• I do like the flaws, yes...but the burnt in spec is all over her so it's going to be painstaking and time consuming to remove it correctly.  I'm glad you like!  Thank you.

I just bet it going to be a long painstaking task for the whole body!!!

• but worth it. :) Hopefully. lol  

• Just popping in quickly.  I'm kind of brain-fried right now, but I wanted to say I like what I'm seeing with Sol right now.  I'm not sure how you do that with the spec maps but good luck.  As for being a vendor for RDNA for that short a time, I imagine you were kind of shell-shocked.  You just get in and then you have to move.  It looks like the transition has gone well for you though.  I know I love your stuff so I'm very glad you moved here.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

She looks really good. I find it fascinating to watch the development of characters.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

She's looking so good! I love her eyes - they look so real!

This one?

That would be http://www.daz3d.com/paul-curls-hairstyle-for-genesis-3-male-s  I used Slosh's UHT2 as well for the backscatter and gloss settings.

The skin looks great! What character is that?

That's Iain, he's coming out soon. 

edited January 2017
    Llynara said:

That's Iain, he's coming out soon. 

Awesome! Thanks, Llynara! I'm looking forward to his release! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Ohh Sol is coming along nicely. I like what you've done with her skin so far and her face morph is beautiful.

I'll bet she'll have fun with the boys in my library when she's released :D 

• Hope so! Thank you!

...and...I somehow completely borked up her morphs and deleted them out completely.  Gotta start those from scratch....again.  Unless I saved the Hex file.  Hafta look!  Either way, the body was causing massive issues in the rigging (I haven't figured out how to fix the rigging when the body loses quite a bit of height-and I shortened her so her eyes were level with G3F's shoulders) and when I went to delete them and re-do them without so much of a difference of height, I deleted her facial morphs instead.  Yarg.

• ...and that's a no.  I was stupid and didn't save her facial morph.  Eh.  Do over, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.