Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

There you go! See, even the dark side has a bright side! cheeky

• dem skippy!

So everyone doesn't think I forgot about her......here is Sol wearing Monique's skin since I scrapped her first one.  

• Oh, strep is never fun!  So sorry to hear about that.  Hopefully, you'll get plenty of rest while you are off work and more creative time this week.  My plans for today include playing with Parker here in a little bit.  Get better real soon!

• Thank you- I will!  Been up since 4, so I'm gonna pass out for a bit. Can't wait to see what you come up with!  I'll post the start of the new skin for Solange before I crash.

• Brand new skin start-front:  I really like the imperfections going on in her skin tone.

• and the backside:

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Hope you and s/o feel better soon. Strep is no fun. Solange's skin looks so real- the imperfections are just enough, not overdone. Nice!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ugh hope you both feel better quickly!  Solange's skin is gorgeous love the imperfections!

• Best wishes of a speedy recovery to both of you.

Ohh nice skin on Sol and I agree. The imperfections are just enough without being too much. 

• Thanks, everyone.  We're still struggling- and now I have no voice. lol

Did a render last night, this morning, whichever.  Was up at one-ish and couldn't get back to sleep.

• Ah, poor thing! Just rest those throat muscles.  At least, you don't need a voice to render great images or type.  Looks really good.  I have my first Parker image still going.  I was kind of hoping it would be done when I got up, but it looks like at least another hour or two.  :)

Oh, that's fantastic! I love that Knox hair, so dynamic. Really adds a lot of movement and interest to a scene. The lighting and angle are really cool here too.

• THank you!  It was fun just to do something to just.....do something instead of "I needta make a promo!"  lol

.......which I'm doing now.  *snort*

• A lot of vendors seem to not have time to make art for themselves once they become vendors.  So, I guess, appreciate the time you have now for art away from promos because I think you'll just get busier if you keep up the great work! :)

• Very true- time is money, right?  My spare time is spent on products (making, working, fine-tuning, packaging, testing, re-fixing, promos, etc) so yeah- I took advantage this morning. ;)  I started another one with Iain, thinking I could use it as a promo, but not so sure now that it started rendering.  So, it might just be another art piece (because, unlike most times, I am not going to stop it from rendering to re-work it).  I am appreciating it, trust me!  Just wish I could freakin' speak so the dog will listen.  lol

I hope to get that busy!

• Hand signals!  :)  Dogs should always learn a hand signal for every voice command.  Works out well when an owner loses his voice.  Unfortunately, one of my dogs takes voice commands and hand signals as advisory most of the time.  Which is weird because he is the one that likes doing Rally Obedience.  He will do great in the ring, but once he's at home, forget it.  :)  My other dog loves Agility training.  She will do most commands the first time they are issued, but get her in the ring and she'll try to head straight for her favorite obstacles instead of the prescribed layout.  Usually, though, I can get her to correct fairly well.  Neither dog ever won, but they enjoyed themselves immensely.  We haven't done any of that since moving, though.  Now, we are getting lazy.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

y'know, just thinking out loud here, there are fans who'd probably love to do promo art...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2016

y'know, just thinking out loud here, there are fans who'd probably love to do promo art...

I wish I was good enought to do promo art.  I would so offer in a heart beat lol.  Maybe in another year or two....

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • y'know, just thinking out loud here, there are fans who'd probably love to do promo art...

I wish I was good enought to do promo art.  I would so offer in a heart beat lol.  Maybe in another year or two....

Me too :) 

• This was going to be a promo, but decided on a different angle for his head- so I thought I'd share. ;)

edited December 2016

Ooh, I likey. Dark and sassy! The makeup looks good too- it's not so dark that it overwhelms his eyes or skin. Balances out with his skintone well. Sexeh!

PS. Solange is looking good!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Nice job on the image.  Love the look with the suit.  Very unusual, but it works.  :)  How are the throats this morning for the two of you?  I hope the strep is working it's way out of your systems.  I don't know if it works for strep, but there was research once upon a time that said kissing your partner actually helped your immune system.  Of course, that's been a few years now that I read that and I'm sure someone has done research to debunk the idea, but I always enjoy putting that bit of advice into practice sometimes.  ;)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Try those Ricola Honey Lemon drops, really coat the throat. When I had bronchitis, they also helped me get my voice back a bit too. And they don't taste like alcohol! Can't go wrong with the herbals.

• Thank you!

We're slow to recover...I've got so much crap coming out of my skull it ain't funny, and we're both ended up with sinus pain and are still coughing.  As for the honey lemon drops- can't!  I am allergic to honey. ;) 

Still plugging away here with Promos...raw render, this one.

• and another one- raw render, that is.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thank you!

We're slow to recover...I've got so much crap coming out of my skull it ain't funny, and we're both ended up with sinus pain and are still coughing.  As for the honey lemon drops- can't!  I am allergic to honey. ;) 

Still plugging away here with Promos...raw render, this one.

Honey allergy is very rare, and is not really a true allergy, it is a sympton of an underlying allergy, which is allergy to bees, bee stings bee pollen etc.  I hope your GP is aware that you have this allergy.  Being allergic to bees can be vary serious and lead to Anaphylactic shock under certain circumstances.

Himself (my late other half) was an apiarist before he retired and well aware of these sort of problems, as the Apiary he worked at was a teaching Apiary.

• Oh, I know.  I am extremely allergic to bee stings, bees, etc.  Every physician I come across is alerted to that fact.  I have the same allergy to Hops and Echinacea.  

• Happy New Year!

I like the police line up. And you gave him a last name! He does look a bit on the Scottish side (Bydand! Scottish here!)

Amazing how completely different he looks with the makeup on.

• Thank you!  Yup- the first name was Scottish, so I went with a last name that was as well. XD  Totally different- and the hair changes his look considerably as well.

This discussion has been closed.