Daz Studio 4.9.2 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• How do I install now decimator in this version?

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Ok, so I got the same blackscreen rendering crash that I had in this new version  ..in the previous version now. So it must be something else going on.

SO, Reinstalling 4.9.2.70

Has anyone had crashes rendering scenes created in previous versions?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

How do I install now decimator in this version?

That isn't the correct version.  It should read DS4_Decimator_1.7.2.70_Win64.exe which you will get if you redownload it,. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

If it is doing it in the older version...it even more likely to be something video card related.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

My feedback about the new General Release.  So far it's stable but I do notice things loading slower than usual.  These are not intensive files as I'm setting up materials and doing renders on like ONE figure with a backdrop. 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    Ruphuss said:

i have the problem that now rendering a movie with iray loads a lot of  ram and stops rendering when there is no ram left

i have 16 gb ram and it goes up to 14 gb and i do not know how to get rid of it

the ram load stays even if i delete everything in the scene and theres not much in the scene

theres something not working as it should with iray movie rendering

i have now to check if its the same with image series

seams like noone is rendering as movie

but its a valid option

so it should work

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I thought it was just me and that I was just seeing things. But I'm getting the same feeling - things are a little slower, Smart Content seems to be a little slower to load even when searchign for something. I couldn't really put a finger on it tho....just thought maybe I was going insane. :D 

RAMWolff said:

My feedback about the new General Release.  So far it's stable but I do notice things loading slower than usual.  These are not intensive files as I'm setting up materials and doing renders on like ONE figure with a backdrop. 

was it always the case that when rendering to movie studio stores every frame in the temp folder as png ?

but even after deleting all this it does not free memory

Apart from my renders crashes (i think my card is on the way out) I think Daz should raise the minimum pc specs, especially for iray rendering

• Ruphuss said:

was it always the case that when rendering to movie studio stores every frame in the temp folder as png ?

Yes

thx richard but what about the ram issue ?

just rendered the movie as image series and ram stays down

• Ruphuss said:

Image sequence is geneally the best practise anyway, but if you are seeing a new increase in RAM usage when rednering direct to a movie that should be reproted as a possible bug.

DigiDotz said:

Apart from my renders crashes (i think my card is on the way out) I think Daz should raise the minimum pc specs, especially for iray rendering

Your card could just need a good cleaning...especially if it has a shroud over the heatsink.  Dust will collect under that shroud and the card will overheat much more quicky.

mjc1016 said:

Your card could just need a good cleaning...especially if it has a shroud over the heatsink.  Dust will collect under that shroud and the card will overheat much more quicky.

Yeah, its been a while since opening the case and cleaning stuff ..ok its been a year lol

DigiDotz said:
    mjc1016 said:

Yeah, its been a while since opening the case and cleaning stuff ..ok its been a year lol

Ummm....then it's probably time. 

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

Alright, I give up!

I have gone thorugh all of the suggested methods of solving the Viewport scaling I have found in this form and none of them seems to solve the problem. I am NOT using a 4K monitor, so I have Checked the [Disable display scaling on high DPI settings], as suggested. I have set the Windows 10 - Display settings at[Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100%], My Viewport still looses all of the controls on the top right side the moment I try to expand the docked panels on both sides of the application. (See attached images: This is a screen shot of version 4.9.2.70 maximized at 1080p - 1920 x 1080)

MAX_Left_Only is fine, MAX_Right_Only is fine but MAX_Both clearly is NOT fine!

Any ideas?

Max_Left_Only.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 680K
    MAX_Right_Only.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 441K
    MAX_Both.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 656K
  • doydoy Posts: 6
    edited June 2016

win7 x64 App error Unable to start 0xc000007b

Resolved Issues

Post edited by doy on
    doy said:

request How to solve

Are you trying to run the 32 bit version of Studio?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    JDStrider said:

Alright, I give up!

I have gone thorugh all of the suggested methods of solving the Viewport scaling I have found in this form and none of them seems to solve the problem. I am NOT using a 4K monitor, so I have Checked the [Disable display scaling on high DPI settings], as suggested. I have set the Windows 10 - Display settings at[Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 100%], My Viewport still looses all of the controls on the top right side the moment I try to expand the docked panels on both sides of the application. (See attached images: This is a screen shot of version 4.9.2.70 maximized at 1080p - 1920 x 1080)

Any ideas?

Remov e Shader Mixer/Shader Builder from the center dock.

• doydoy Posts: 6
    mjc1016 said:
    doy said:

request How to solve

Is to start X64

Internal damage DLL

Ruphuss said:

Image sequence is geneally the best practise anyway, but if you are seeing a new increase in RAM usage when rednering direct to a movie that should be reproted as a possible bug.

i use movie renders only for testing purposes quick renders

a ticket is up already

Ruphuss said:

and this was photoreal

interactive with image series stores your ram till its full then renders black and is not stopablet

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    JDStrider said:

Alright, I give up!

Any ideas?

Remov e Shader Mixer/Shader Builder from the center dock.

You Rock!

Thanks Mike!

doy said:
    mjc1016 said:
    doy said:

request How to solve

Is to start X64

Internal damage DLL

Try reinstalling Studio, making sure that the current install is NOT running.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    DigiDotz said:
    mjc1016 said:

indeed that is very bad; you could use a vacuume cleaner, but I wouldn't recommend it. Compressed air is best around the components.

well, I vacuumed it all, and the last few renders finished. Also took some ram from  another pc (the wife will never notice!) taking the 9 year old dell to the max 8gb (woooo)

Due to budgeting, the plan is to get an i5 with 16gb next and havent decided on gpu(s). I would stick with the dell if it had 2 pci express slots but no

• Creating new shaders in shader builder is broken in general release and beta for me. When I try to create a new shader DS4.9 is closed.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

YIKES.. not good at all! 

• PCIrayGuyPCIrayGuy Posts: 16
    edited June 2016

I upgraded to DAZ Studio 4.9.2 and it has been lagging. Previously, when I loaded genesis 3 male and female base, the program load the character fast. Now, I am experiencing a long load time. It has to delete the assest of the whole scene (even though it is empty) followed by loading assets. It hangs there for a bit. The character suddenly appears after a few seconds. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I reinstalled Studio x3... Thank you very much.

Post edited by PCIrayGuy on
  • I have the same problem and i cant change the resolution cause im using a HD monitor and after the update everything is too big and it looks too crowded, and for last and no less i cannot use the Reality Render button cause the button for render is hidden in the screen and i cannot reach it; at least someone can help me to change the resolution because im lost in that part and i dont want to downgrade